• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • I would like to ask again. I want a ROM hack that will give me hell. If you could find one as hard as I Wanna be the Guy that would be great. I don't think that there are gonna be ROM hacks that hard but I'm okay if it is harder than I Wanna be the Guy. I want to fail over and over again. Now to be clear, I said hard not unfair. I find hard games addicting because they always make me go just one more try. I also want funny content for my YouTube channel. Anyways, I think I'm gonna hate myself later on. Make sure to wish me good luck.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • I would like to ask again. I want a ROM hack that will give me hell. If you could find one as hard as I Wanna be the Guy that would be great. I don't think that there are gonna be ROM hacks that hard but I'm okay if it is harder than I Wanna be the Guy. I want to fail over and over again. Now to be clear, I said hard not unfair. I find hard games addicting because they always make me go just one more try. I also want funny content for my YouTube channel. Anyways, I think I'm gonna hate myself later on. Make sure to wish me good luck.

I'm not sure how you feel about the earlier generations, but here you go... I've also included links...

1. Pokémon Crystal Kaizo - By far the most difficult rom hack I've played. The developer really put a lot of effort into making trainers' teams well rounded with extraordinarily frustrating movepools. No revival items may be used in battles. Good luck with that. I quit after 3 gyms.
    2. Pokémon Blue Kaizo - Same idea as above & from the same creator, only it's a Pokémon Red rom base. Challenging in that gym leaders have Pokémon to counter their weaknesses & you cannot use revival items in battles. I happen to have one of the older versions before he disabled revival items in battles if you'd like that (PM me).

I've played both, but I've only been able to beat Blue Kaizo. Because of the huge amount of new moves added to Gen 2 and weather effects and all the different dual type Pokémon that didn't exist in Gen 1, Crystal Kaizo is much harder in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2015
    I'm looking for a gba with mega evolutions, mostly the gens of emerald and up. Maybe a remake of a gen using the later stuff

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Rom hack 1st gen remake?!

Are there any first gen "remakes" in form of rom hacks of some newer generations? Like a platinum hack that is just a remake of firered with possibly some post-game content. It is for a LP

Thanks in advance,
    That13thGuy

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    What is the most complete hack in terms of new move effects from gen 4-6 for Pokemon Emerald?

AppleCode

AppleCode
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Good Hack to Let's Play?

Hey guys and gals!

I was just curious of a rom hack that would be good for a let's play? I've already completed Ash Gray and I'm about done with Flora Sky. I have Glazed, Light Platinum, and Rijon Adventures on my computer, but I was curious if there were any other good hacks out there that would be worth playing?

Thanks in advance! Bye!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey guys and gals!

I was just curious of a rom hack that would be good for a let's play? I've already completed Ash Gray and I'm about done with Flora Sky. I have Glazed, Light Platinum, and Rijon Adventures on my computer, but I was curious if there were any other good hacks out there that would be worth playing?

Thanks in advance! Bye!

Moved your post in this thread here. Check out the previous replies here, they might help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    New Hack to play

Hi All

just finished playing Fire Red A Reboot, enjoyed the hack because of its difficultly. Now looking for a new hack to play, any suggestions anyone? I would point out that I enjoy the original 150 odd pokemon

Also I have already played
    -Glazed
    -Adventure Red
    - Ash Gray
    - Light Platinum

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    ROM hacks that support multiplayer? (battle and trade)

Hey, what's up
    I'm looking for some fun ROM hacks in which you can battle and trade with friends (on Android, using MyBoy's remote link).
    In most hacks I've tried, the Pokémon centers didn't have any second floors so you couldn't trade or battle in them.

The hacks I've tried that did support multiplayer are:
    - Dark Rising
    - Snakewood
    - Flora Sky

I know that in Liquid Crystal you're supposed to be able to battle and trade in Goldenrod City but the feature doesn't seem to be working correctly.
    (Then there was also an other hack in which the Pokémon center did have a second floor and multiplayer seemed to work at first, until you entered the room, then all you got was a black screen. I forgot which one it was but I'll look it up later.)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Hey, what's up
    I'm looking for some fun ROM hacks in which you can battle and trade with friends (on Android, using MyBoy's remote link).
    In most hacks I've tried, the Pokémon centers didn't have any second floors so you couldn't trade or battle in them.

- Dark Rising
    - Snakewood
    - Flora Sky

I know that in Liquid Crystal you're supposed to be able to battle and trade in Goldenrod City but the feature doesn't seem to be working correctly.
    (Then there was also an other hack in which the Pokémon center did have a second floor and multiplayer seemed to work at first, until you entered the room, then all you got was a black screen. I forgot which one it was but I'll look it up later.)

My hack will once its finished, but due to mass changes in current betas/alphas it would be too buggy to add in right now.

But in a more generalized note, most hacks wont cause it takes up space and is a pain to add in/make sure that people dont try and trade/battlee with incompatible hacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Looking for a new drug....

I don't know if this is the right forum (please alert and i will move it).

But I'm looking for a hack of black or white (2 if necessary) with gen 6 pokemon. I just wanna play with a fennekin on my tablet. I have x/y and ORAS but I'm looking for something I can play at work (without arising suspicion). I went looking for a pokemon x/ Y rom online and found only malware and disappointment and endless surveys (so many damn surveys) so I want to downgrade to a lower version. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: Diamond and pearl would be fine too really...

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Hey, what's up

- Dark Rising
    - Snakewood
    - Flora Sky

Well the gameboy advance had a wifi adapter that worked with fire red, so it's definitely a possibility, if someone didn't mind adjusting an emulator to use the wifi adaptor and code it into the game as well

Last edited by a moderator:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Hey guys and gals!

Thanks in advance! Bye!

I hope you've not started making a new LP yet. It doesn't seem like you have because I just checked out your channel and you're still uploading Flora Sky stuff. Your channel seems really nice and I've been looking for a LP of Ash Gray and Flora Sky, so I'll definitely be digging in to your channel. I like the couple videos I've seen so far! ^^

Anyway, here's some of the GBA hacks I've thought were very good and decently challenging. They'd make for good LPs to watch...

• Pokémon Rocket Strike -- FR base / play as a member of Rocket / lots of Gen 4-5 Pokémon added / very hard IMO / if you want the rom file PM me because it was only ever officially released on vizzed.com
    • Yet Another Fire Red Hack -- this is Kanto with 150 totally different Pokémon / Pokémon from Gens 1-5 / P/S split / updated movesets / highly recommend this hack
    • Pokémon Advanced Adventure -- LG base / new region / very unique hack / 1 mutant Pokémon in each town (Arcanine that's Fire/Water; Gengar that's Ghost/Ice, etc.)
    I think those are pretty much listed from hardest to easiest. Any one of them would be enjoyable for an LP. I'm off to watch some more of your LPs now. Let us know what you end up doing!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    Hey all, any ROM hacks or full RPG maker fan games that include a fully-fleshed out Battle Frontier like the one in Emerald? It's my favorite part of any Pokemon game :) thanks in advance :)

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Just so everyone knows, Easter Revolution is not real. Don't believe him. This guy makes okay rom hacks, but Easter Revolution was an April Fool's joke. Also, very uncool to post that in a thread where people are looking for real recommendations for hacks to play.

Looks like someone can't take a joke.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • I'm personally an advocate for Pokemon Glazed Version. It was the first game I played after returning from an absence from Pokemon in general, and it is complete with two regions, including a fan made region and Johto, and a small island region as well. :)
    Light Platinum and Flora Sky are also great, as well as the Ruby Destiny series. I think I'll go replay those now... :D

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Hey, what's up

- Dark Rising
    - Snakewood
    - Flora Sky

Pokemon Strike! Yellow was developed for this purpose. Drake Seawood wanted to balance out the inconsistencies in the 1st gen metagame. Although I've never done it, I believe Drake when he advertises that it works with the TGB Dual emulator. The hack is also playable as a story, too., which is how I played it.
    th

Edit: Just saw this... (on Android, using MyBoy's remote link). But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work that way as well. It operates the same way.

Last edited:
    Back