• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 30, 2015
Hi alex, i used XY Animated Sprite 3d to pokemon metal, that make pokemon metal so beutiful. It works on 14/10 patch but its not working on 28/10 patch.
I hope u can make it again like 14/10 patch. Thank you and I really love this game <3

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
Hey alex where is fennekin and have you changed the locations of the other 5 fire starters

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hi alex, i used XY Animated Sprite 3d to pokemon metal, that make pokemon metal so beutiful. It works on 14/10 patch but its not working on 28/10 patch.
I hope u can make it again like 14/10 patch. Thank you and I really love this game <3
Thanks :) I'm really glad you like the game. As far as the sprites go, I spent a lot of time searching for the GBA-style sprites and implementing them into the game that I really don't want to change them. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hey alex where is fennekin and have you changed the locations of the other 5 fire starters
I haven't changed the location of others. Fennekin can't be found anywhere, but you can catch wild Delphox on the Four-Season-Island (Nights only). Good luck.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
Hey there, I've been playing this game for a while, and I believe I commented a month or two back saying I love what you've done with the game.

I have a few questions about the latest version, and would love to hear back on them.

1.) Is there a "default window size" where the new Gen 6 "sprites" won't look so distorted?
2.) I just made it to the Mall (Yes, I grind a LOT haha) and I noticed there's no evolution stones for sale, is there a different way to obtain them? :) (aside from set locations)
3.) In regards to Wonder Trade, you mentioned exhausting Bill's dialog to gain access to it, so I rushed there, only to find out there's a quest where I have to go to the town on the far bottom-right so I assume I can't Wonder Trade until near post-game?

Sorry for so many inquiries, but I'm really loving the features of this game. (:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey there, I've been playing this game for a while, and I believe I commented a month or two back saying I love what you've done with the game.

I have a few questions about the latest version, and would love to hear back on them.

1.) Is there a "default window size" where the new Gen 6 "sprites" won't look so distorted?
2.) I just made it to the Mall (Yes, I grind a LOT haha) and I noticed there's no evolution stones for sale, is there a different way to obtain them? :) (aside from set locations)
3.) In regards to Wonder Trade, you mentioned exhausting Bill's dialog to gain access to it, so I rushed there, only to find out there's a quest where I have to go to the town on the far bottom-right so I assume I can't Wonder Trade until near post-game?

Sorry for so many inquiries, but I'm really loving the features of this game. (:

1) The default size is 512x384, I think. I know there are some problems with the Gen 6 sprites, since they were made for the NDS style, and I adapted them for the GBA style. Some are too big/small, and others float or are too deep, but I believe that not a lot of them do that (Not sure though, since I haven't tested it yet). The backsprites should all look normal, though.

2) Aside from their set locations, you'll later meet a trainer who you can rebattle infinitely many times, and he'll always give something as a reward. Rewards include all the evolutionary stones, a rare candy, and a masterball. This doesn't happen until much later in the game, though. To compensate for that, many stones can be found as item balls on routes and especially in caves. NPCs give them often, too.

3) As soon as you reach Thrill City, you can find Celio's house where you get one more quest which, when completed, unlocks Wonder Trade. So it's somewhere after the middle of the game.

Have fun :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
Thanks for such the speedy reply! You're amazing, and I love how well thought out this game is. I look forward to finding that man (I recall a name with H being mentioned in comments) :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I was so totally not expecting this update given your points on the last update, I am very much happily surprised! I got a new challenge ahead starting Monday, as Christmas has come early this year!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Hi,

I just came here to give to you my congratulations for the game. I've just got the second bage and I'm loving the game.

PS*: In the first page you wrote that we get sylveon using a moonstone, however I open de editor and it says that it's a shiny stone, not a moon stone.

PS**: I don' know if you are going to change the sprites again. THe quality of the sprites of the last generation are not very good. I'm just commenting, the game is already excellent.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you all for your comments, I'm really glad you enjoy the game :)

Hi,

I just came here to give to you my congratulations for the game. I've just got the second bage and I'm loving the game.

PS*: In the first page you wrote that we get sylveon using a moonstone, however I open de editor and it says that it's a shiny stone, not a moon stone.

PS**: I don' know if you are going to change the sprites again. THe quality of the sprites of the last generation are not very good. I'm just commenting, the game is already excellent.
Oh yeah, about Sylveon... I originally put the Moon Stone as the evolution method. It was a last minute decision to change it to a Shiny Stone since it kinda fits better. I've changed the OP to reflect on that, thanks for pointing it out.

As for the sprites, I'll have to change them somehow. Mostly I'll fix the floating, but I'll try to change some of them entirely. Can't promise anything, though, since I'm not a sprite artist and I have to depend on the work of other people for that.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
Hey alex when do we get to mt.coal i mean how far is it how much time would it take to reach there

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey alex when do we get to mt.coal i mean how far is it how much time would it take to reach there

The entrance to Mt. Coal is located on Route 13, just north of Thrill City.

Note to everyone: Since the update, I have noticed some bugs in the game, including:
- If the opposing trainer recalls his/her Pokemon and sends out a new one, its sprite ends up way lower than it should be;
- There are some areas where you can get stuck (Most notably on Route 9, a ledge leads to a dead end);
- The item Fairy Gem doesn't exist in the game's data, but some Pokemon carry it in the wild (or trainer Pokemon). The game gives back an error if said item is manipulated in any way (Incinerate, Snatch, etc....);
- Parts of some large conversations got deleted so the conversation doesn't make a lot of sense (Most notably Giovanni's talk in the Sterdam City museum);
- When entering Laniston City for the first time, Kalifa shows up for a battle. However, while moving towards the player, the sprite can get blocked by another trainer's sprite, causing the game to freeze.

Those are all I found so far. Naturally, I am going to fix them and update the game. However, before I do, please notify me of any bugs (or wishes for new features) you guys found/want. I don't want to end up having to update it twice. Thank you for reading, and have fun playing :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
Right here. They needed proper editing and resizing to make them work, but they're great.

They really need proper editing but still better than making sprites from zero...considering i'm not a good pixel artist hahahahahahah{XD}
However, thanks a lot. And your project is awesome, keep working good!:)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
Hey alex can you give me the list if all gyms and the cities in which they are according to their number(from no.1 to last)

Hey alex where do you get mega ring and where is the colloseum

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey alex can you give me the list if all gyms and the cities in which they are according to their number(from no.1 to last)
Spoiler:

One question from me for you: If you haven't beaten a single gym, then how do you know about Hector? He doesn't show up until after the Pokemon League.
Hey alex where do you get mega ring and where is the colloseum
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 11, 2018
Alex you mentioned him earlier in a reply that's why i know him and you mentioned earlier that he will appear many times

Back