• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Reading? (Reboot!)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
Just finished No Game No Life (light novel) Volume 4. It's the first novel that goes beyond the anime adaptation so it was nice to see what follows the anime story line. Sadly it seems the 'plot' was split into two volumes so I was left with a cliffhanger until Volume 5 is out ;__; (October... long way to go).

mayunaise

sandwich spread
Years
Probably going to update myself on Psycome volume 3, its been a while but i absolutely LOVE this LN.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
I'm currently reading Fairy Tail (I'm caught up on that though) and I just started reading One Piece literally an hour ago. I can't wait to read One Piece more in depth because it's looking really cool so far. I really like how Shanks bears a striking resemblance to Gildarts from Fairy Tail and a lot of the characters feel like they'd fit in Fairy Tail. Overall, One Piece kinda feels like familiar territory to me, but I will admit that having to read over 800 manga chapters to catch up will be tiresome. VERY tiresome.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
I'm literally only reading Vanitas no Carte and Hero Academia, on any normal basis.

Other than that, I'm occasionally reading Akatsuki no Yona, and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. I usually read a few chapters at a time for those, and then drop em again for a few months.

Years
I read Boku no Hero Academia, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai weekly - caught up. Then there's Kuroshitsuji, Smokin' Parade, Fire Brigade of Flames, Noragami monthly - also caught up. Right now though, I'm really reading Onepunch-Man, Yu Yu Hakusho, D.Gray-Man, GANSTA, Rurouni Kenshin.

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Right now I'm reading Assassination Classroom (which is by far my favourite manga series) and the Corpse Party BloodCovered Manga.
They're both pretty good, but Corpse Party's manga has some spelling and grammar errors, and as you could tell, it's incredibly gory. Don't read that if you can't stomach that kind of stuff.
Assassination Classroom is amazing. It's really funny, engaging, and action packed.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Reading Tomo Chan wa Onnanoko on a daily basis.

Weekly series include:
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Magi
Gintama
Nisekoi
Prison School
Boku no Hero Academia
Nanatsu no Taizai
Shokugeki no Soma.

Plan on catching upto Kingdom and a few other series I have on hold right now.
Also started reading Oregairu Light Novels. Currently on novel volume 5. Also gonna read Kamisu Reina series once I'm done with Oregairu.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
I know I already recently posted here, but I have some updates. So I am still currently catching up on One Piece, and I started reading Shomin Sample as well. Both are so far pretty good.

Now I need to talk about Fairy Tail a little, because I'm already a hardcore fan, but the recent chapters made me fall in love even more. I'm telling you if you don't read Fairy Tail, you absolutely need to. The current arc is too hype, I don't think I can handle it.

Years
I've read the first 3 chapters of the Genshiken: Return of the Otaku novel, as well as apparently re-reading Volume 2 of Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun (apparently I have 2 copies of it because I'm apparently not great at documenting how many copies I have of these things). Chapter 4 of the Genshiken novel is next, and then volume one of Evergreen.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
Years
I've only ever seen manhwas with good art. What ones are you reading? Seriously curious now.

Well, do you know Hwang Mi-Ri? They produce tons of manga in a very short time. The ones you read were probably from single authors because there certainly are manwhas with good drawings.

Years
I've read 3 more chapters of the Genshiken novel I mentioned in my last post, plus volumes 1 and 2 of Evergreen as well as volume 1 of Non Non Biyori. I might finish off the final chapter of the Genshiken Novel tonight, and then onto OreImo: Kuroneko volume 1. Oh, and volume three of the A Certain Magical Index novels. At least the prologue.

Well, do you know Hwang Mi-Ri? They produce tons of manga in a very short time. The ones you read were probably from single authors because there certainly are manwhas with good drawings.

I am not familiar with them at all. Though the only manhwa I've touched are one that got translated as Aspirin by Tokyopop (and just book one of that) and Girls of the Wild's (which, while mostly fun, has utilized a lot of typical story conventions).

Years
So, in the past week, I finished off the Genshiken novel, volume one of OreImo: Kuroneko (actual English title!), volume one of A Silent Voice, and also read chapter 14 of Henjo.

The novel was pretty fun, OreImo: Kuroneko seems to be an adaptation of Kuroneko's arc in the novels told from her perspective so far. A Silent Voice, is, well, I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I don't like the teacher. Henjo is just, well, about a particularly frank girl.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Since I finished Toradora! a few days ago, I went ahead and ordered the first volume of the manga and I'm picking it up from the book store tomorrow!
I need more Toradora!

I also just took out the first volume of Higurashi from my library so I'll also be reading that!

XSE

Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
I'm currently reading Fairy Tail (I'm caught up on that though) and I just started reading One Piece literally an hour ago. I can't wait to read One Piece more in depth because it's looking really cool so far. I really like how Shanks bears a striking resemblance to Gildarts from Fairy Tail and a lot of the characters feel like they'd fit in Fairy Tail. Overall, One Piece kinda feels like familiar territory to me, but I will admit that having to read over 800 manga chapters to catch up will be tiresome. VERY tiresome.
How are you liking it so far? I find that the early 200 chapters are my favorite ones, and I actually read the series randomly one day. "Oh this one IS popular, let me just read it a bit." Man, I was glued right to it.

One Piece came first, so it's actually Gildarts who resembles Shanks... Same with the art style and possibly the feel.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
I'm currently reading My Wife is Wagatsuma-san.
I'm only a few chapters in but I'm really loving it so far!

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
Boruto chapters as they come out (Kinda let down so far) :(
Naussica of the valley of the wind
Re-read Goodnight Pun Pun (One of my all time favs)
Just picked up Ayako and plan to start it soon!

Back