• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Reading? (Reboot!)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Assassination Classroom's last chapter came out and I've finally finished it ;-;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Yeah, the final chapter is apparently out. I have a lot of catching up to do with the series, heh. Like, probably 30-40 chapters. I'll read it all in one go. SO gonna be worth it. <3 Looking forward to it.

I've been really, really pumped for the recent One Piece and Gintama chapters. Like, holy shit, the revelations and big shots keep on coming. <3;

Apart from these two, I've been keeping up with series like Nisekoi, Shokugeki no Soma and I guess Fairy Tail. There's this new favorite I have, too - Tomo chan wa Onnanoko. This series is pure fucking gold. I have no words to describe it - definitely one of the funniest things I've read in a while. And the characters are super adorable. <3

Years
  • There's this new favorite I have, too - Tomo chan wa Onnanoko. This series is pure ****ing gold. I have no words to describe it - definitely one of the funniest things I've read in a while. And the characters are super adorable. <3

... are you caught up? I need people besides those on /r/manga to nerd out about this with. The threads for the new comic go up between 9 PM and 2 AM my time each night and that's not always discussion friendly for me and the thread has usually died down by the time I wake up in the mornings.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • ... are you caught up? I need people besides those on /r/manga to nerd out about this with. The threads for the new comic go up between 9 PM and 2 AM my time each night and that's not always discussion friendly for me and the thread has usually died down by the time I wake up in the mornings.

I am, yes! And there are not enough people I know who are reading this gem of a series which hurts so much. I'm so glad you're one of those who do, Dondon <333

Years
  • I am, yes! And there are not enough people I know who are reading this gem of a series which hurts so much. I'm so glad you're one of those who do, Dondon <333

I'm going to try to remember to start a discussion thread for Tomo this weekend. More people here need to be introduced to this fun series.

Also, I've been reading Sensei Lock-on which is positively adorable and plan on reading D-Frag! volume 6 sometime tonight or tomorrow night.

Years
  • Since it's been 3 days and I've read quite a bit, I'm going to *bump* this thread.

I did in fact read D-Frag! volume 6. However, I also read Accel World volumes 3 through 6 and Genshiken Second Season volume 7 (Genshiken volume 16). All were fun reads.

Next up on my reading list is Arpeggio of Blue Steel volume 5.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm currently reading 銀河英雄伝説 (黎明篇), a.k.a Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Dawn (Volume 1).
    I'm so happy Viz Media decided to pick up this project, it's been years since I wanted to read the original novels :)

For those who aren't familiar with the series, it has a very famous anime of +100 OVAs (plus movies and other stuff).

To sum up the content: It's basically a "What if" Star Wars was about Strategy and Politics lol

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Currently reading Monster by Naoki Urasawa. Watched the anime long ago when I was young, so it's nostalgic to finally be reading the manga.

Years
  • I'm currently reading 銀河英雄伝説 (黎明篇), a.k.a Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Dawn (Volume 1).
    I'm so happy Viz Media decided to pick up this project, it's been years since I wanted to read the original novels :)

For those who aren't familiar with the series, it has a very famous anime of +100 OVAs (plus movies and other stuff).

To sum up the content: It's basically a "What if" Star Wars was about Strategy and Politics lol

I've been wanting to start in on that anime. Maybe I'll dive into the manga first. I'll keep an eye out for it!

As for me, it's been 3 weeks since I updated ya'll with what I've been reading, but it's not because I've not been reading.

Here's what I've read since my last post:

Ani-Imo vols 3-6
    Kanokon vols 7-9 (series finished!)
    Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare) volumes 9 & 10 (series finished!)
    Dragonar Academy volume 7
    and a hell of a lot of Tomo-chan!

Up next on my list is UQ Holder volume 5.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Bleach chapter 669 - nothing special, just the vanilla random-new-op-power formula
    My Hero Academia chapter 86 - Good to see something more original, following chapters should be very interesting
    Ajin 38 - the plot is being stretched. i dont feel as passionate about Ajin as I did prior :v

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I've been wanting to start in on that anime. Maybe I'll dive into the manga first. I'll keep an eye out for it!

I'm using the novels as an excuse to delay the possible anime watch I'm planning. It's freaking 110+ OVAs, plus movies, plus sidestories. It's too much to handle at once, I'd rather wait some time (maybe until all the novels are out).

(...)
    Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare) volumes 9 & 10 (series finished!)

Did you like it? It's one of my non-anime-adapted manga. I wish a good studio would try to adapt it to the 2D screen, but being honest, no one does that with manga that has already finished publishing from a not-so-known author :(

Currently reading Monster by Naoki Urasawa. Watched the anime long ago when I was young, so it's nostalgic to finally be reading the manga.

You will LOVE it. The pace in the manga somehow gives a different feeling to the overall story.
    You will spot some minor differences in the timeline if you have good memory, also.

Edit

Oh my, forgot to talk about what I'm reading. I just finished Dawn, so I will see if I can move on into Spice and Wolf 3. Depends on my schedule this week.

Years
  • It's perfectly alright to have conversations in this thread, just as long as they don't derail it too far.

I'm using the novels as an excuse to delay the possible anime watch I'm planning. It's freaking 110+ OVAs, plus movies, plus sidestories. It's too much to handle at once, I'd rather wait some time (maybe until all the novels are out).

Did you like it? It's one of my non-anime-adapted manga. I wish a good studio would try to adapt it to the 2D screen, but being honest, no one does that with manga that has already finished publishing from a not-so-known author :(

I have no idea how I'll chew through a series that long. I may just have to force it in at first since being that long is kinda daunting on the surface.

And I did have plenty of fun with it. That ending was especially satisfying.

And I kind of haven't had time to read anything since my post in here yesterday.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    At the moment, I am only reading World Trigger on a regular basis.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
  • At the moment I´m reading Fairy Tail and Korean Mangas. Don´t know why, but Manhwas are somehow intriguing despite the awful drawingsxD

Years
  • I read quite a bit in the month since my last post in here. Stuff that I can still remember is the following:

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun vols 1 & 2
    A Certain Magical Index vols 2 through 5
    A Certain Scientific Accelerator vols 1 and 2
    Love Hina the Novel vols 1 and 2
    Tomo-chan chapters 302 through 325
    Dagashi Kashi chapter 39
    Monster Girl chapters 65 and 66
    Akita Imokko! Ebina-chan! chapters 4 through 6

and I started into Bakuon!! and am 2 chapters deep.

At the moment I´m reading Fairy Tail and Korean Mangas. Don´t know why, but Manhwas are somehow intriguing despite the awful drawingsxD

I've only ever seen manhwas with good art. What ones are you reading? Seriously curious now.

Back