• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Reading? (Reboot!)

Years
  • I read A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi for those of you unfamiliar with the English titles) volume 2 yesterday. So far it's been a pretty light-hearted and enjoyable read. I might read the rest of the series over the next couple of weeks.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I read A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi for those of you unfamiliar with the English titles) volume 2 yesterday. So far it's been a pretty light-hearted and enjoyable read. I might read the rest of the series over the next couple of weeks.

I really enjoyed this series :) You should definitely finish it!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Finished Yu Yu Hakusho and started reading Hunter x Hunter. YYH was a weird read, it felt like half of the story was just a tournament. A shame it stopped just as it was getting interesting. It feels like it got canned, because the final arc starts out really promising and manages to rush everything like Bleach. HxH seems better so far, much more story going on and not just fighting. Though it doesn't seem like Togashi improved his art over the time, if anything it looks like it gets poorer and poorer. Yu Yu Hakusho even stopped having backgrounds somewhere in the middle (guess Bleach copied that from YYH lol)

Boruto chapters as they come out (Kinda let down so far) :(
    From what I've seen, they are pulling a Dragon Ball Super and are adapting the story from Boruto the Movie first. So it might take 10 or so chapters to cover that.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • From what I've seen, they are pulling a Dragon Ball Super and are adapting the story from Boruto the Movie first. So it might take 10 or so chapters to cover that.

Yeah I realized that right away. I'm more put off by the art style and the change in existing characters. It's not horrible, but when you spent years reading Naruto it's hard to adjust. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, Mikio Ikemoto is the closest we will get to Masashi.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Finished A Girl on the Shore (Umibe no Onnanoko), Which was just wow and I'm at chapter 16 of Scum's Wish.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Caught up with Inside Mari from the Aku no Hana guy. The premise itself doesn't sound to interesting, but once you get into the story and notice the big picture, it gets better. It's an interesting read, although the writing is pretty amateurish. Author has a lot of room to improve, since his weird ideas aren't really bad, he just needs to do a better job at developing them. Inside Mari still did a better job at that than his other manga so I guess he's improving. What's not improving is his art. I know he's been working on multiple manga at the same time, but the art quickly turns into rough sketches.

Years
  • I really enjoyed this series :) You should definitely finish it!

So I marathoned through this on Sunday night. It was mostly vanilla cutesy with some drama. Acceptable parameters for enjoyment. Some of the characters still got roped into the one-trait hole, and some of the drama felt forced, but that's not surprising with teenagers as the main cast.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Current series I keep up with

-Nanatsu no Taizai
    -Tokyo Ghoul:re
    -Prison School
    -Magi
    -Adventures of Sinbad

There's a few more series that I let build up a few released chapters before I binge again, but these are the series I read every release no matter what.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • So I marathoned through this on Sunday night. It was mostly vanilla cutesy with some drama. Acceptable parameters for enjoyment. Some of the characters still got roped into the one-trait hole, and some of the drama felt forced, but that's not surprising with teenagers as the main cast.

It's definitely not perfect, but for what it is and the length of the story I found it quite enjoyable. The fact that the manga dealt with some serious issues while staying a relative light read was appealing to me.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Stuff I've picked up in the past couple days.
    - Re:Zero - Well... yeah. After that good of a show, I couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity to try and read the web novel. Or what's translated, anyway.
    - UchiMusume - I went into the manga skeptical that it was gonna have a good plot because the person recommending it just talked about lolis (ie, the daughter), but I got interested in it after the heart warming cuteness.

More passive stuff.
    - Shokugeki no Soma
    - Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Been slowly re reading Vagabond - So good, love the setting and the art.
    Also almost done with Uzumaki - Kind of short but definitely worth a read, not as messed up as i thought it would be though.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I'm currently reading Citrus, Scum's Wish, My Little Monster, Maga-tsuki, L-DK and Toradora.

I'm reading the adapted manga version of Toradora and since the 8th novel wont be released t'ill literally next year, I'm planning to read the novels.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I'd like to read Berserk, as I heard the anime way really good, and I try to read the mangas before watching animes.

Years
  • Catching up to:
    -Shingeki no Kyojin
    -Boku dake ga Inai Machi
    -YuYu Hakusho
    -Q
    -Happiness
    -Kamisama Hajimemashita

Keeping up With:
    -Nanatsu no Taizai
    -Hatsukoi Zombie
    -Fairy Tail