• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Reading? (Reboot!)

Years
  • Since the old one kinda withered away, we'll start a new "What are you reading?" thread. You can bump this after 3 days have passed if you were the last poster!

Both manga and light novels count as things you've read!

As for me, my recent readings are:

Shugo Chara! (started the series and got 3 volumes in)
    Amai Seikatsu (ecchi comedy from the '90s that got recommended on /r/anime for being different from modern series in the genre; only 25 chapters in because that's all I could find)
    Mayo Chiki (started the series and got 3 volumes in)
    Himouto! Umaru-chan (just keeping pace with chapters as they get translated; great fun)
    Tomo-chan wa onna ko (TL: Tomo is a girl!; this is a comic posted to Pixiv near daily by its artist, and I started it this summer)
    Dagashi Kashi (started this earlier this week ahead of it getting an anime short for the coming Winter 2016 season; hell of a ride!)

Great shots from the latest chapters I've read of those last two (no serious spoilers, just single panel screenshots):
    Tomo-chan
    Spoiler:

Dagashi Kashi
    Spoiler:

So, if either of those intrigues you, go read them.

And, no, that last one is nowhere near as dirty as it looks.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So i've mentioned it before on other threads, I'm currently reading the following:

Velvet Kiss
    My Balls

Nothing but a great dose of ecchi manga to spend some time reading with, especially during the rainy hours. Unfortunately since both these mangas have lots of lewd pages and scenes especially with Velvet Kiss having some rather intense smut scenes, I can't post any of the pics as even the splash pages of these mangos are rather lewd. 3lewd5PCsorryguysandgirls.

Also there were some recommendations that i read about from the Daily Chit Chat (thanks a bunch derozio ;) ) which pretty much cover up the same things that I currently enjoy -> Ecchi with a bunch of smut. Its rather amusing to see Non-doujin mangas to have some excellently drawn scenes, if you all know were I'm drifting ;)

Also, i made some room for Monster Musume since i finished the series but obviously the anime was short on a lot of important content from the manga. However, beggars can't be choosers so I just continued on where the anime stopped.

nothashtagDailylifeofbeingcurrentlysingle

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I just purchased my copy of Kizumonogatari: Wound Tale, and I can't wait to have it ;___;

I'd like to read something (manga/light novel) about time travel, any suggestions? And yes I already went through Haruhi before you ask.

Years
  • I just purchased my copy of Kizumonogatari: Wound Tale, and I can't wait to have it ;___;

I'd like to read something (manga/light novel) about time travel, any suggestions? And yes I already went through Haruhi before you ask.

WAIT IS IT AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH?!

Also, I don't have any recommendations for time travel. I think the only two I've read that have time travel that come to my mind are Pokemon Special and Negima!, but it's not a central part of either of those.

So i've mentioned it before on other threads, I'm currently reading the following:

Velvet Kiss
    My Balls

Nothing but a great dose of ecchi manga to spend some time reading with, especially during the rainy hours. Unfortunately since both these mangas have lots of lewd pages and scenes especially with Velvet Kiss having some rather intense smut scenes, I can't post any of the pics as even the splash pages of these mangos are rather lewd. 3lewd5PCsorryguysandgirls.

Also there were some recommendations that i read about from the Daily Chit Chat (thanks a bunch derozio ;) ) which pretty much cover up the same things that I currently enjoy -> Ecchi with a bunch of smut. Its rather amusing to see Non-doujin mangas to have some excellently drawn scenes, if you all know were I'm drifting ;)

Also, i made some room for Monster Musume since i finished the series but obviously the anime was short on a lot of important content from the manga. However, beggars can't be choosers so I just continued on where the anime stopped.

nothashtagDailylifeofbeingcurrentlysingle

Bruh.

Anyway, I've been re-reading the first 3 arcs of Pokemon Special/Adventures in print. Just finished the GSC arc earlier tonight and will be diving into the RS arc next.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • - Shokugeki no Soma
    - Noragami
    - Fate/Apocrypha

Shokugeki I've been keeping up with, Noragami to a lesser extent, and Apocrypha is... something that I've been trying to get back into reading. I like it, I just keep forgetting about it. xD

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • WAIT IS IT AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH?!

Yes it is :) Licensed by Yen Press. I believe the plan is to start the xxxgatari series from a chronological perspective, which is quite intelligent.

and Apocrypha is... something that I've been trying to get back into reading. I like it, I just keep forgetting about it. xD

Omg! I finally find someone with whom comment on this then :D
    I loved the first volume. I'm taking some time before picking up volume 2 because the translation is kinda "slow" (well not that much, I know the translators are doing a great work, but sometimes the wait kills me).

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • I'm currently reading the Assassination Classroom manga (volume 7 came in a few weeks ago), Monster Musume (the anime is a big guilty pleasure of mine and the first volume that I bought at a convention on Halloween was just as entertaining), Ouran High School Host Club and Btooom!. The last time I checked on Btooom! was quite a number of months ago tho, maybe even a year or longer. The translators were just so slow and it releases only once every bloodmoon to begin with, but I've been meaning to catch up on it. However, I never actually did. Note to self: go check up on the Btooom! manga.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I need to read something, or anything other than ecchi mangos in Velvet Kiss and My Balls, and those other mangos derozio in anime DCC posted for me so in complete desperation, I decided to read Caped Baldy Simulator i mean One Punch Man after finishing the anime, which i thought would cover loads of EPs, only to be one of those 12 Episode jewels (monster musume being the same culprit)

Also, reading Fairy Tail and catching up to what i need to read up to. As well as Ranma 1/2. Yes, Ranma 1/2 because the manga, as I just realized is way better than its anime counterpart.

There's also Devilman and its genderbent counterpart Devilman Lady.
    (Btw I recommend Devilman for those looking for the old school. Devilman is a complete deconstruction and antithesis to the shounen genre)

Oh yes, i am reading anything that isn't just eros, ecchi or lewd mangos.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Starting to read Pokémon Adventures Black & White again! Need to actually finish it this time.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Hmm, keeping up with these for now:

One Piece. Chapter 811. Latest. Some really cool developments incoming! :D
    Shokugeki no Soma. Chapter 148. Latest. I'm not really fond of this current arc but I look forward to more Erinacchi. <3;
    One Punch Man. Chapter 90. Latest afaik. This is going purrty gud.
    Boku no Hero Academia. Chapter 73. Latest afaik. Loving this series more and more. <3;
    Nisekoi. Chapter 199. Latest. This thing is ending soon I feel lol. It is a fun read, really.
    Fairy Tail - I'm lagging behind by a few chapters. Probably 4-5 chapters.
    Prison School - Probably lagging by a few chapters again.
    Skill of Lure - lagging behind by three chapters or so.
    Unbalance x 3 - same as the above. :p

I'm planing to read all the Oregairu volumes soon, though. As soon as I can get my hands on the volumes from somewhere online. :p I'll even buy the official ones as soon as they become localized, actually! Yen Press, hurry!

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • I'm reading a couple of mangas but I'm really into Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Nisekoi.
    I've always wanted to read Tonari ever since the Anime Adaption ended, and glad i started to pick it up. Such a good read.
    For Nisekoi, I've bin reading it ever since Chapter 80 was the latest chapter, so I can't give up on it. It's even getting real good rite now! Flames I say!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    not a manga fan but light novel

Oregairu (My Teen Romantic snafu)

Sword art Online Progressive arc

planning to start with Mushoku Tensei and Monadji smth (the one with the gift game)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm more or less surprised I'm actually reading dem mangos which is unusual for me.

Just sticking to

Shokugeki no Soma- CH149
    World Trigger - CH124
    Assassination Classroom - Around CH100 maybe? I'm a bit behind so just guessing
    Boku No Hero Academia - Somewhere around CH60 but not sure.

Gonna reread and catchup to wherever BTOOOM! is.
    Also gonna have a reread of Hana Kimi again.

Shokugeki no Soma. Chapter 148. Latest. I'm not really fond of this current arc

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this about this current arc xD

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • I just got back to Btooom! like I said I would and it's amazing, as it was to be expected. Everybody, go read it. Like, right now. It's super fun!

Back