• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Reading? (Reboot!)

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Noragami (occasionally)
    Kagerou Project (even though it releases hella slow)
    Akatsuki no Yona
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    NG Life

For some years I literally only read Pandora Hearts until it ended some months ago. Over the last year I've been trying to get into more manga again, but it's still a slow process. .w.

Years
  • Picked up a few more series since my last post:

Akita Imokko! Ebina-chan - Cute Himouto! Umaru-chan spinoff.
    Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Manga version of Saekano. Has a couple sibling stories from other perspectives I anticipate I'll start into sometime soon, too.
    Monster Girl - Dumb and amusing harem fanservice series.

Years
  • *bump*

I picked up more manga:

Started:

Okusama ga Seitokaichou! (up to chapter 36) - source material for one of this past summer's lewd shorts
    My Neighbor Seki (up to chapter 42) - Very fun comedy series.

Resumed/continued:
    Dagashi Kashi (chapter 38) - So very fun! Also about candy.
    Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (chapter 21) - A very fun adaptation.
    Chi's Sweet Home (chapter 56) - Everybody needs more manga about cats in their lives.
    Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (chapter 241) - A fantastic web manga that publishes a new "chapter" (really just a page) every day.
    Pokémon Special (chapter 238) - been reading the physical volumes and working my way through the RSE arc.
    K-On! (finished!) - Source material. Some things from this get skipped over or changed in the anime, though the anime does the concerts while the manga does not.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Read all of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi after looking at the wikipedia page and being COMPLETELY spoiled so I thought I might as well go all the way!!!

Years
  • Old List:

New Stuff Added to my List:

Chinese/Korean - Wuxia/Xianxia/WN/Manhua:
    Spoiler:

JP WN/LN/Manga:
    Spoiler:

I'm tempted to take off the spoiler tags ;)

Edit: Forgot to add The King's Avatar.

It's a fun MMORPG story about the Chinese ESports scene. The characters have personalities and agency :)

Here's a short clip of it:

Last edited:
    Years
  • *bump*

Been a week, going to go ahead and update!

Since my last post, I've read Chapter 3 of Akita Immoko! Ebina-chan (a spin-off of Himouto! Umaru-chan), the first for chapters of Shounen Princess, the last week of updates for Tomo-chan is a Girl! (Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!), Pokemon Adventures books 21 through 24, volume 4 of Mayo Chiki!, and volume 3 of Noragami.

Currently reading volume 4 of Noragami and then onto volume 25 of Pokemon Adventures.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Just clear Nozaki-kun up 'til the latest chapter. Currently trying to clear the pile of manga that I haven't touched at all since 2 years ago, working through Fairy Tail right now.

Still hate the fact that Manga scanlation sites are blocked here when they don't even release a lot of the titles that I'm reading.

Years
  • I'm currently reading Sailor Moon and Kamisama Hajimema****a

I liked Sailor Moon and it's prequel story and side stories quite a bit.

Is that second one any good?

Just clear Nozaki-kun up 'til the latest chapter. Currently trying to clear the pile of manga that I haven't touched at all since 2 years ago, working through Fairy Tail right now.

Still hate the fact that Manga scanlation sites are blocked here when they don't even release a lot of the titles that I'm reading.

Is the manga as fun as the anime on Nozaki-kun? I've got 2 volumes of it in my 173-book backlog (just counted now; holy hell is that a lot of books, didn't realize it had gotten that big; I could read a book a day and not be caught up until late August!).

Anyway, since my last post, I read volumes 26 through 29 of Pokemon Adventures, Volumes 3 through 6 of Assassination Classroom, chapters 252 through 266 of Tomo-chan is a Girl!/Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!, chapters 9, 10, and 11 of Henjo, Chapters 141 and 142 of Himouto! Umaru-chan, volumes 4 through 8 of Bakuman, and volumes 5 and 6 of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer/Hoshi no Samidare.

Next 3 books in my queue: Haganai volume 11, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer volumes 7 & 8, and Haganai 12. I am a long way from being caught up, have mercy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Is the manga as fun as the anime on Nozaki-kun? I've got 2 volumes of it in my 173-book backlog (just counted now; holy hell is that a lot of books, didn't realize it had gotten that big; I could read a book a day and not be caught up until late August!).

Lots of scenes that didn't appear in the anime, and they're all as comedic. Nozaki's brother was even amongst the cast at Volume 3 (which, btw, anime covers the first 4 volumes). Also considering that I reread it a lot should say something.

On my end, cleared Fairy Tail 'til its latest chapter and its 2 spin offs. Also picked up "Sakamoto desu ga?" by accident from the bookstore and I can say I'm looking forward to the anime in Spring hahaha.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Assassination Classroom Chapter 177 - Pretty much almost the end :c
    Daiya no Ace - Act II Chapter 25
    World Trigger - Chapter 133
    Shokugeki no Soma - Chapter 156

Reread Girl got Game and starting to reread Ouran again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I personally like Kamisama Kiss, I found it to be really good! I also has a two season anime.

I'll have to add it to my planned reads, then.

Lots of scenes that didn't appear in the anime, and they're all as comedic. Nozaki's brother was even amongst the cast at Volume 3 (which, btw, anime covers the first 4 volumes). Also considering that I reread it a lot should say something.

Then I'll eagerly anticipate getting a chance to read it. The anime was a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyway, read Haganai volume 11 last night. Things happened.

Onto Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer volumes 7 & 8 next.

Years
  • Noblesse, Bleach, Seven Deadly Sins, Tower Of God, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Platinum End, Berserk.

Juggling series' is hard :T

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I am currently reading Bleach, Freezing and Attack on Titan! ^_^

Oh and Akame Ga Kill!, but I'm still catching up there. I haven't quite read past the anime-similar chapters. Hyped to see something new.

Back