• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Voyage Grandeur

Plume

feather bearer
Years
  • I wasn't happy with my last character at all, so I'm re-doing my character sheet.

NAME: Jin Beau

STARTER: Larvitar

APPEARANCE: Standing 5'7" tall, Jin falls directly in the middle of the height spectrum. His honey-blonde hair parts in the middle, falling on both sides of his face, like he hasn't gotten a decent haircut in a while. Though his head may be round and feminine, he constantly protests that he's as manly as it can get. He has a long, slender figure, typical of a growing child his age.

On his journey, he typically wears a black shirt with a bright red coat, and blue jeans.
    He keeps collectibles and Pokéballs in his tan, vinyl backpack. He wears a pair of white jogging shoes, often because he proclaims they'll "be handy when the time is right".

RELATIVES: Mother, Father

PERSONALITY: Jin is stubborn and rude to strangers. He will constantly proclaim you're wrong, arguing with you over every detail. He often says that humans are idiots, not deserving any sense of kindness. He has a soft spot for Pokémon, often stopping to admire them when walking on long routes. Because of this, he has a burning desire to fill up the Pokédex and learn about every Pokémon there is.

BIOGRAPHY: Jin grew up with only his father, as his mother had died giving birth. His father taught him morals, goals, and many other things among how to be a human. Soon, though, his father had met someone new and remarried, resulting in the move from Sinnoh to Kalos. This had upset Jin immensely, as he had looked up to his mother as the only one fit for being... a mother. Unhappy with this decision, when Sycamore gave him the opportunity to live life on his own, he took it gratefully.

OTHER: N/A

fe4fb5.jpg

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I wonder if we will be able to get rare pokemon (you know, Tyrunt and Amaura, The kalos Starters, The Kanto Starters)...

I saw your SU Adventure... Its preety cool...

Plume

feather bearer
    Years
  • Oh, right. I saw your SU, Adventure. I forgot to accept it, sorry. :c

Adventure is accepted.

Tyrunt and Amaura will be obtainable as fossils when we get to a certain area. Starters... um... I don't know what to do with them.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    not to correct you but on the accepted characters there is still alice dubois... Im not correcting you im just warning you... Gelius out... *Disapears in smoke*

Plume

feather bearer
    Years
  • Sorry, fixed. Now that there a fewer and fewer reserved characters, I'm gonna start drafting the IC thread. C:

doge

???
    Years
  • wow, there's gonna be a lot of people :o

Spoiler:

Plume

feather bearer
    Years
  • doge has been accepted. And ohmygosh that backstory. c: I could come up with 1000 characters, each with an adequate personality, appearance, etc, but I'd reach the back story and practically die. I applaud you. ^^

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    36c1c4aa-9b7b-42bf-9002-e25ad28f1ad6_zpsacdd2bcd.png

Izumi Akers
    Age 15 | Female |
    239.gif

Appearance
    Izumi stands at an average height of about 5'3". She has a fair skin complexion, being neither too pale or too dark, with enchanting, sapphire-blue eyes. Izumi has dark, chocolate-brown hair which she keeps neatly trimmed for the most part. The majority of it reaches down to her shoulders, with bangs neatly framing the sides of her face. She keeps one, rather long braid in the back of her hair, which reaches all the way down to her thighs in length. She has a somewhat slender body build, with somewhat slight curves to match the age of her still developing body.

In terms of clothing, Izumi tends to dress in darker colors. She generally prefers to wear blacks and purples the most. Her favorite outfit consists of a short, black leather jacket with somewhat widened sleeves and a matching pair of black, leather, zip-up boots that reach up to just past her shins. A short, purple skirt rests around her waist, which goes to just past her thighs. A black belt is generally worn around it, with a small, thin chain hanging from it. Izumi's favorite top stops just short of her stomach. It starts white in color, before slowly fading down to a dark purple as it descends her frame. There is a black, Chinese-styled dragon embroidered on the left side of the top. Izumi wears a pair of purple, fingerless gloves over her hands and always keeps her braid up in a thin, purple band. She always wears a small necklace that was given to her by her grandmother on her 14th birthday. Upon embarking on her journey, Izumi acquired a light purple backpack to carry her supplies. She keeps her Pokémon in their balls and attaches them to her belt.

Personality
    Strong and outgoing, Izumi is a confident girl who is always willing to take on a challenge, regardless of the dangers it could pose. She is easily excited and tends to act rather impulsively as opposed to thinking things through before proceeding. Izumi can be rather hot-headed at times, letting her confidence and excitable nature get the best of her and speaking without thinking how others might feel about what she says. Despite this though, she generally does mean well and is downright friendly to most people she happens to meet. She does have a tendency to ramble on at points when speaking, especially if the topic is something she is very passionate about.​

Relatives
    Izumi lives with her grandfather and grandmother on her mother's side. She also has a father, but his current whereabouts are unknown.​

Biography
    Izumi was born in the Cycllage City of the Kalos region. Due to birthing complications, her mother passed away shortly after she was born. Because of this, Izumi spent the first five years of her life being raised by her father, William, alone. Although a part of Izumi always felt a bit saddened at the fact that she never had a mother, she was happy that her father was still with her and tried her best not to show it much in order to stop him from being sad himself. The two never had a lot of money, but they were happy... Or so she thought, anyways.

Shortly before Izumi would turn four years old, William decided for one reason or another that the girl would be better off with living with her grandparents on her mother's side in Shalour City. The small child tried to protest in the best way she could, but being a small three year-old, there was little the child could really do about it. William explained to her that it was for the best, as both of them would be able to take care of her much better than he ever could. Before long, Izumi found herself in her new home with her grandparents in Shalour City. Her grandfather, name Kazuhiko, owned a small shop in the city. Her grandmother, Sheena, worked at the local Pokémon Center. Both of the elders tried to raise Izumi as their very own, offering as much love and understanding as they could. However, Izumi wanted her father back above all else. She kept on waiting for the man to visit, hoping that he would be taking her home with him on that very day as wel. However, William never came back to see her.

Time moved on, and gradually Izumi became a bit more accepting of her grandparents. She seemed to be a rather happy child growing up. She made friends, went to school, and made decent grades. However, there was always some wall that Izumi put up to stop people from getting to know the actual her. It did not take an extreme amount of work for her grandparents to realize that it was because of the fact that neither of her birth parents were actually around. Izumi knew that her mother had died shortly after she was born and she had always had a feeling as if her father did not actually want her and had abandoned her. They both tried to reason and get her to understand this was not the case, but Izumi simply would not have it. Anytime mention of her father came about, the girl felt a tinge of annoyance and anger at the man.

Eventually, Izumi managed to catch wind of Professor Sycamore's offer. Izumi had always had an interest in possibly being a Pokémon trainer, and after a bit of pleading on her part to her grandparents, she was finally allowed to go. However, just being close to the creatures and traveling across Kalos on a grand adventure was not the only reason Izumi wanted to accept the professor's offer. She wanted to use the journey as an excuse to find her father, and learn just why she had abandoned her all those years ago...​

Other

- Izumi's grandparents are from Fuchsia City in Kanto, while her father's side of the family does in fact come from Kalos. It's because of this that the girl has a rather odd name, as a mixing of both cultures.

- Izumi cannot swim, and as a result she's deathly afraid of going in deep water such as that of an ocean.

- Her favorite type of Pokémon are that of the electric-type. It's a very fitting choice, given the fact of the starter she chose.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    yeah... Im to lazy to do Gelius Picture... If i had help would be different. (If someone is willing to help the hat is like this:
    061103-rioru.jpg
    its the hat that Riolu is holding but its black)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm pumped for this to start :3 I haven't played a Kalos game and know nothing of the story there, so this'll be like my first Kalos playthrough, haha. Even though this Grimoire story is set after the game events :)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    If you need help Adventure i might be usefull... I already played X and Y so i might give you some hints about the towns, pokemon avaliable, etc...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you need help Adventure i might be usefull... I already played X and Y so i might give you some hints about the towns...
    Thank you! If Plume doesn't provide descriptions I might need that. But we'll see what the RP will be like.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Thank you! If Plume doesn't provide descriptions I might need that. But we'll see what the RP will be like.

No Problem! But i don't know how do we start a wild battle (like is the Pokemon we are looking for or its random... I really don't know....)

And i can't wait for the RP to have a IC... But we need to wait because it takes time...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No Problem! But i don't know how do we start a wild battle (like is the Pokemon we are looking for or its random... I really don't know....)

And i can't wait for the RP to have a IC... But we need to wait because it takes time...
    Don't worry, it'll certainly become clear once the IC is up. Patience :3 Not everyone has finished their SUs yet.

Back