• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I almost feel like they'll unveil the game at X/ Y's second anniversary. Almost. But yeah, the odds of an official announcement this month... not likely.
    The same thing came to mind when reading the (Japanese) tweet posted earlier which had a part that translates to the series continuing to "evolve" next year, if anyone else remembers they used similar terminology to refer to the series going into 2014 and we got XY announcements soon after (funny enough XY were released in the 10th (year wise) anniversary of FrLg (WW release year. And also Japanese Emerald's 10th). "Z" will in turn (likely) be released in the original RG's 20th anniversary).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think that the player character will end up fighting a Zygarde infused human created by the Devon Corporation as a prototype for their super soldier problem that went bonkers and burned some village years ago (possibly Ecruteak). This protoype will be looking for a legendary to serve as the core of that ancient superweapon in Kalos to destroy all humans and will be immensely attached to Zygarde and then Zygarde will be revealed to be an alien shapeshifter from outer space and then- wait, sorry, wrong video game series.

Funny you should say that, because Zygarde's color scheme reminds me of Ben 10. To me, Zygarde does look kind of "alien" when being compared to Xerneas and Yveltal.

I do hope Zinnia makes a return in the upcoming game or games that we're getting. She seems like too much of an enigmatic character to just appear in one set of games. Not only that, but it almost seems like Game Freak is trying to set up ORAS and X/Y for some sort of near-future connecting plot. We have enough Kalos War references in ORAS to feed a horse. For starters, why would a Hoenn native like Zinnia have so much knowledge about Kalos' history? What's the deal with AZ planting that huge tree in Sootopolis? Space also seems to be closely connected with Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy, because of the Meteorites in Hoenn and the Anistar Sundial in Kalos. Not to mention that the new anime poster is strongly hinting a connection between Zygarde and the Anistar Sundial... does that mean Zygarde and quite possibly Xerneas and Yveltal have origins with space? Also, what are they gonna do with Looker? He washes up on shore with amnesia in games that supposedly take place before X/Y, and in X/Y he leaves Emma in charge of the Looker Bureau as if he's retiring or something?

On a side-note, would this thread be better if it were merged with the "X/Y 3rd Version Speculation" thread?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Funny you should say that, because Zygarde's color scheme reminds me of Ben 10. To me, Zygarde does look kind of "alien" when being compared to Xerneas and Yveltal.

I do hope Zinnia makes a return in the upcoming game or games that we're getting. She seems like too much of an enigmatic character to just appear in one set of games. Not only that, but it almost seems like Game Freak is trying to set up ORAS and X/Y for some sort of near-future connecting plot. We have enough Kalos War references in ORAS to feed a horse. For starters, why would a Hoenn native like Zinnia have so much knowledge about Kalos' history? What's the deal with AZ planting that huge tree in Sootopolis? Space also seems to be closely connected with Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy, because of the Meteorites in Hoenn and the Anistar Sundial in Kalos. Not to mention that the new anime poster is strongly hinting a connection between Zygarde and the Anistar Sundial... does that mean Zygarde and quite possibly Xerneas and Yveltal have origins with space? Also, what are they gonna do with Looker? He washes up on shore with amnesia in games that supposedly take place before X/Y, and in X/Y he leaves Emma in charge of the Looker Bureau as if he's retiring or something?

On a side-note, would this thread be better if it were merged with the "X/Y 3rd Version Speculation" thread?

Omg you summed up most of the XY/ORAS relevant un answered questions, nice done :)
    I think the new games have SO much potential due to so many un answred questions/ interesting characters like AZ etc. I think that XY plot had a nice start with most of the characters knowing each others like Prof Syc, the player's mom, Lysander, Diantha etc. Let's see what they r gonna do with that huge opportunity tho.

Years
  • Funny you should say that, because Zygarde's color scheme reminds me of Ben 10. To me, Zygarde does look kind of "alien" when being compared to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Well Pokémon have been rumored to come from space in game. Clefairy being the (implied) subject of these rumors. Kyurem/the original dragon might've come from space considering that the crater that Kyurem lives in is said to have been created by a meteor. The Sinnoh trio are aliens for sure as they existed before the Pokéarth plus Arceus was born in a void. So Zygarde could also be an alien being alongside Yvetal (oddly has a pupa form when sleeping that makes me think of an alien egg), and Xerneas too.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Well Pokémon have been rumored to come from space in game. Clefairy being the (implied) subject of these rumors. Kyurem/the original dragon might've come from space considering that the crater that Kyurem lives in is said to have been created by a meteor. The Sinnoh trio are aliens for sure as they existed before the Pokéarth plus Arceus was born in a void. So Zygarde could also be an alien being alongside Yvetal (oddly has a pupa form when sleeping that makes me think of an alien egg), and Xerneas too.

You forgot Deoxys. Deoxys is from space outright, and much like Zygarde can change shape, though it can't separate into cells or undergo reunion and return to its normal shape, although it can make degraded copies of itself, at least according to the anime.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if any of them were alien in nature. Zygarde kinda falls into the shapeshifting single celled mutagen type of alien a la The Thing and Jenova, as it's comprised of sentinent single celled organisms that can combine into greater forms that use traits from different creatures, and probably can exist as long as at least one core is alive. I'm not sure if it can absorb and imprint genetic traits like two mentioned can, but it's still a giant mass of independant cells that cooperate in tandem so it's worth mentioning. As for Yveltal and Xerneas it would be more of a stretch to call them alien, but seeing as both exhibit abilities no other Pokemon yet has exhibited (the ability to control death and life respectively) it's something that shouldn't be discounted, especially since they each function as the power core of a highly destructive weapon.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Well Pokémon have been rumored to come from space in game. Clefairy being the (implied) subject of these rumors. Kyurem/the original dragon might've come from space considering that the crater that Kyurem lives in is said to have been created by a meteor. The Sinnoh trio are aliens for sure as they existed before the Pokéarth plus Arceus was born in a void. So Zygarde could also be an alien being alongside Yvetal (oddly has a pupa form when sleeping that makes me think of an alien egg), and Xerneas too.

You forgot Deoxys. Deoxys is from space outright, and much like Zygarde can change shape, though it can't separate into cells or undergo reunion and return to its normal shape, although it can make degraded copies of itself, at least according to the anime.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if any of them were alien in nature. Zygarde kinda falls into the shapeshifting single celled mutagen type of alien a la The Thing and Jenova, as it's comprised of sentinent single celled organisms that can combine into greater forms that use traits from different creatures, and probably can exist as long as at least one core is alive. I'm not sure if it can absorb and imprint genetic traits like two mentioned can, but it's still a giant mass of independant cells that cooperate in tandem so it's worth mentioning. As for Yveltal and Xerneas it would be more of a stretch to call them alien, but seeing as both exhibit abilities no other Pokemon yet has exhibited (the ability to control death and life respectively) it's something that shouldn't be discounted, especially since they each function as the power core of a highly destructive weapon.

This has all made me think of something... what if what we're seeing with the Kalos Legendaries is a Pokemon version of the Panspermia theory?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

With that said and everything, I came up with a theory: what if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde came to Poke-Earth via the Anistar Sundial in its original meteor form? And once they emerged from that Anistar meteor, they proceeded to create the life as we know it in the Pokemon world? And that very first Earth-based Pokemon they created was Mew, and of course it goes on from there.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This has all made me think of something... what if what we're seeing with the Kalos Legendaries is a Pokemon version of the Panspermia theory?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

With that said and everything, I came up with a theory: what if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde came to Poke-Earth via the Anistar Sundial in its original meteor form? And once they emerged from that Anistar meteor, they proceeded to create the life as we know it in the Pokemon world? And that very first Earth-based Pokemon they created was Mew, and of course it goes on from there.
    well, technically that theory is true for pokemon. dialga, palkia & giratina are all from back in the beginning of the universe made by arceus as soon as soon as baby arceus hatched from its egg.
    hell, giratina's about as alien as it get's. it doesn't even live in the same world until an mc catches it.
    Cynthia said:
    When this world was made, Dialga and Palkia appeared.Apparently, there was one more Pokémon that appeared at the same time.A Pokémon with as much power as Dialga and Palkia...But also one whose name was never to be spoken--Giratina!It's said to lurk in another world... A world on the opposite side of ours...

deoxy's was a space bacteria before it came into an existence as a pokemon
    also, the lake guardians might have been made by the alien known as godarceus, but they where created after the planet was already in existence long enough for at a few humans & other pokemon to come into existence.
    its possible that the lunar duo are extra dimensional beings born from dreams & nightmares.
    elgyem & beheeyem are both outright based on aliens. most specifically grey & the pokedex entry for elgyem in WB2W2YAS is biased on the roswell incident to the point that it's inaccurate with the actual timeline
    also the level of evolution is even a reference to the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
    plus, given how groundon, kyogre, rayquaza & heatran all came straight from the planet(groundon in the earth, kyogre from the water, rayquaza from the atmosphere & heatran from a volcano) it's highly possible that other beings might just get born from diffrent planets at random.
    there's also the possibilty that the pokemon world itself has some kind of atribute that turns things into pokemon. i also go with that theory that humans in the pokemon world are themselves pokemon. it explains why some have aura powers while all humans are capable of becoming psychics
    Sabrina said:
    "Psychic power isn't something that only a few people have. Everyone has psychic power. People just don't realize it."
    then we have the boy who turned into a kadabra & all yanmask's are dead human's carring around the face of when they where alive.
    also the human's starting off as pokemon thing also explains why so many of the humans in the game look a like.
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think that the player character will end up fighting a Zygarde infused human created by the Devon Corporation as a prototype for their super soldier problem that went bonkers and burned some village years ago (possibly Ecruteak). This protoype will be looking for a legendary to serve as the core of that ancient superweapon in Kalos to destroy all humans and will be immensely attached to Zygarde and then Zygarde will be revealed to be an alien shapeshifter from outer space and then- wait, sorry, wrong video game series.

I dunno what the plot will be. Whatever it is I hope it's way more fleshed out than X and Y. And doesn't involve Team Flare.

I'm not sure if Ecruteak City ever got into any sort of fire; it was only Bell Tower, due to being struck by lightning.

I feel it'd be sort of tough for them to relate Devon Corp to this event, since they're both in completely different regions. Also, when the event did occur, which was 150 years prior to Gold, Silver, and Crystal, it's hard to say whether if Devon were an existing organization or not, making it even more tough.

Years
  • I'm not sure if Ecruteak City ever got into any sort of fire; it was only Bell Tower, due to being struck by lightning.

I feel it'd be sort of tough for them to relate Devon Corp to this event, since they're both in completely different regions. Also, when the event did occur, which was 150 years prior to Gold, Silver, and Crystal, it's hard to say whether if Devon were an existing organization or not, making it even more tough.

Uh, Mew meant that as a joke, mew wasn't serious as is evident by "-wait,sorry,wrong video game series."

mew_nani

Years
  • Oh, my mistake; I didn't notice last part of her post. I was only skimming through, haha.
    Your lack of knowledge concerning Final Fantasy disturbs me. (God I'm such a nerd.) XD

As for Bliss's theory that the Mortality Trio came from space and created all sentinent life in the world, well I'm not entirely sure. Xerneas can bestow immortality upon living creatures, but I've never truly seen it or heard of it actually creating life out of thin air (although it can bolster and restore it in things that were already alive to begin with), and we're all familiar with Yveltal's draining of life and bringing destruction. I don't really think either one have enough power to create all sentinent life, especially since they both can become weak enough to fall into deep sleep. I think instead that they might just be physical embodiments of life and death respectively that awaken for short periods of time (relatively speaking) and then return to their cocoon forms once their time is up. As for Zygarde, it's essentially a mass of sentinent cores and non-sentinent cells that reunite in the region it's in if things get too out of hand. I'm honestly not sure what it represents; it can counter the powers of both Xerneas and Yveltal, and at the same time seems to be weak to both Pokemon as it's comprised of types that each one is immune to. It's definitely interesting.

By the way weren't the gods in Norse mythology from another realm to begin with?

Years
  • Your lack of knowledge concerning Final Fantasy disturbs me. (God I'm such a nerd.) XD

As for Bliss's theory that the Mortality Trio came from space and created all sentinent life in the world, well I'm not entirely sure. Xerneas can bestow immortality upon living creatures, but I've never truly seen it or heard of it actually creating life out of thin air (although it can bolster and restore it in things that were already alive to begin with), and we're all familiar with Yveltal's draining of life and bringing destruction. I don't really think either one have enough power to create all sentinent life, especially since they both can become weak enough to fall into deep sleep. I think instead that they might just be physical embodiments of life and death respectively that awaken for short periods of time (relatively speaking) and then return to their cocoon forms once their time is up. As for Zygarde, it's essentially a mass of sentinent cores and non-sentinent cells that reunite in the region it's in if things get too out of hand. I'm honestly not sure what it represents; it can counter the powers of both Xerneas and Yveltal, and at the same time seems to be weak to both Pokemon as it's comprised of types that each one is immune to. It's definitely interesting.

By the way weren't the gods in Norse mythology from another realm to begin with?
    Yes they were from another realm.

I think Zygarde's cells are based on stem cells and also the same theory that inspired Mew. Zygarde's name likely comes from the word Zygote and all living things begin life as a single tiny cell. In multicellar organisms this single cell multiplies yet for a long time it looks similar as shown by similar looking fetuses (which inspired Mew) and before that blobs of cells.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Yes they were from another realm.

I think Zygarde's cells are based on stem cells and also the same theory that inspired Mew. Zygarde's name likely comes from the word Zygote and all living things begin life as a single tiny cell. In multicellar organisms this single cell multiplies yet for a long time it looks similar as shown by similar looking fetuses (which inspired Mew) and before that blobs of cells.

They sure have some unique concepts and ideas, I tell you that.
    I wanna see how they implant these ideas in the new games plot.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • There's one thing for sure that connects almost everything between X/Y and ORAS, and that's the Infinity Energy. Mega-Evolution, Primal Reversion, the Ultimate Weapon, the Kalos Trio, and quite possibly the Anistar Sundial and maybe the whole alternate reality thing that Zinnia talked about in ORAS.

I feel like I'm obsessing over this stuff, but I really feel like something is going to come to a head in the stories of these particular games. The context of it all in the Delta Episode seems like they're building up to something. The best way that I can explain it is when they have the post-credit scenes in the Marvel movies. Most of those throw hints at the audience as to what's coming next in the movie franchise, and it seems like they did that with throwing the Infinity Energy(while referencing the Kalos War several times? Big bullseye for continuation right there) and the alternate realities thing at us.

mew_nani

Years
  • Yes they were from another realm.

So essentially Xerneas and Yveltal are living concepts of purest life and death, with the power to bestow unending life and to remove all life respectively, and Zygarde is the intermediary, a collection of sentinent cells that maintain a balance between life and death, intercedes if one overpowers the other, and is a representation of life as we know it, which is a mixture of both concepts.

That actually makes a lot of sense considering that while Zygarde can nullify Xerneas and Yveltal's respective auras it still can't really overpower either on its own because each one is immune to one of its types. I guess once Zygarde has fully reunited itself and is in its Perfect Forme it can completely nullify Xerneas and Yveltal, but it likely doesn't have the ability to maintain that forme for very long as like the others it likely weakens.

Man X and Y really dropped the ball here. We could have had a Pokemon game that had classic RPG elements and could have had a huge war between Xerneas and Yveltal with your party and Zygarde stopping them. We could have had the best Pokemon game ever. Instead we got the same plot we got with Diamond and Pearl and Lysandre Stu.

There's one thing for sure that connects almost everything between X/Y and ORAS, and that's the Infinity Energy. Mega-Evolution, Primal Reversion, the Ultimate Weapon, the Kalos Trio, and quite possibly the Anistar Sundial and maybe the whole alternate reality thing that Zinnia talked about in ORAS.

I feel like I'm obsessing over this stuff, but I really feel like something is going to come to a head in the stories of these particular games. The context of it all in the Delta Episode seems like they're building up to something. The best way that I can explain it is when they have the post-credit scenes in the Marvel movies. Most of those throw hints at the audience as to what's coming next in the movie franchise, and it seems like they did that with throwing the Infinity Energy(while referencing the Kalos War several times? Big bullseye for continuation right there) and the alternate realities thing at us.

Just what is Infinity Energy? I never got ORAS or viewed the Delta Episode so my knowledge of it is next to nil. Does it involve AZ's apocalypse weapon in any way? That was powered by either Xerneas or Yveltal, as Lysandre attempts to harness them to power the weapon.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Just what is Infinity Energy? I never got ORAS or viewed the Delta Episode so my knowledge of it is next to nil. Does it involve AZ's apocalypse weapon in any way? That was powered by either Xerneas or Yveltal, as Lysandre attempts to harness them to power the weapon.

From what I could understand and from reading Mr. Stone's quotes on Bulbapedia, Infinity Energy is what Devon Corp had developed from the "life energy" resonating from Pokemon. This is the same energy that fuels the Ultimate Weapon as well and resonates from the Anistar Sundial and Mega and Key Stones.. interestingly, Mr. Stone did research on the Ultimate Weapon as part of the development for Infinity Energy. Infinity Energy is like the electricity that we get from fossil fuels, and the life energy from the Pokemon is that fossil fuel. With that said, I have noticed a conspiracy theory within the fandom I nvolving Devon Corp possibly experimenting on Pokemon

Years
  • So essentially Xerneas and Yveltal are living concepts of purest life and death, with the power to bestow unending life and to remove all life respectively, and Zygarde is the intermediary, a collection of sentinent cells that maintain a balance between life and death, intercedes if one overpowers the other, and is a representation of life as we know it, which is a mixture of both concepts.

That actually makes a lot of sense considering that while Zygarde can nullify Xerneas and Yveltal's respective auras it still can't really overpower either on its own because each one is immune to one of its types. I guess once Zygarde has fully reunited itself and is in its Perfect Forme it can completely nullify Xerneas and Yveltal, but it likely doesn't have the ability to maintain that forme for very long as like the others it likely weakens.

Man X and Y really dropped the ball here. We could have had a Pokemon game that had classic RPG elements and could have had a huge war between Xerneas and Yveltal with your party and Zygarde stopping them. We could have had the best Pokemon game ever. Instead we got the same plot we got with Diamond and Pearl and Lysandre Stu.

Just what is Infinity Energy? I never got ORAS or viewed the Delta Episode so my knowledge of it is next to nil. Does it involve AZ's apocalypse weapon in any way? That was powered by either Xerneas or Yveltal, as Lysandre attempts to harness them to power the weapon.

Late Arrival Spoilers up ahead...

Alright, Infinite Energy is energy that according to the Devon and the scientists during the Delta Episode is energy that manifests during Mega Evolution (and likely evolution). There was a corp called Mauville corp which gathered energy from Pokémon much like AZ is said to have done to power the Ultimate weapon. Xerneas and Yvetal replaced the need for all those mons in Lysander's plot so I do think they're connected. Natural Energy (which allows Primal Reversion) seems similar to IE except comes from nature/the earths core (which is interesting if you know anything about how our Geomagnetic field is made and link this to Team Rocket's research on magntic waves influencing evolution). Team Magma/Aqua attempted to turn the meteor into a Mega stone (well a replacement orb for G/K) at Mt. Chimney by infusing it with the core's energy.

mew_nani

Years
  • Late Arrival Spoilers up ahead...

Alright, Infinite Energy is energy that according to the Devon and the scientists during the Delta Episode is energy that manifests during Mega Evolution (and likely evolution). There was a corp called Mauville corp which gathered energy from Pokémon much like AZ is said to have done to power the Ultimate weapon. Xerneas and Yvetal replaced the need for all those mons in Lysander's plot so I do think they're connected. Natural Energy (which allows Primal Reversion) seems similar to IE except comes from nature/the earths core (which is interesting if you know anything about how our Geomagnetic field is made and link this to Team Rocket's research on magntic waves influencing evolution). Team Magma/Aqua attempted to turn the meteor into a Mega stone (well a replacement orb for G/K) at Mt. Chimney by infusing it with the core's energy.
    Energy given off by Mega Evolution and possibly regular evolution as well? If I'm not mistaken that's the thing Professor Rowan and Team Galactic were researching in D/P/Pl! Rowan was attempting to research that along with evolution in general and Team Galactic at first had the goal of harnessing that power before they jumped ship to "get Red Chain and restrain uber powerful legendaries with it."

That is very interesting. I wonder though... Why are Infinite Energy and the electromagnetic energies generated by the planet's core mutually exclusive? All living beings generate electricity to some extent so why would the power given off by evolution be different enough from geomagnetic energy that only certain Pokemon can harness it? It also makes me wonder just how Mega Stones are supposed to work. Weren't they irradiated evolution stones/meteor fragments? If Mega Evolution generates a power that matches the natural lifeforce of living Pokemon... Wouldn't that make Mega Stones much like magicite? It's not permanent metamorphosis like regular evolution, so the only logical conclusion is that somehow the Mega Stone and Key Stone possessed by the Trainer infuse the Pokemon with lifeforce, causing it to temporarily change until the battle is over and the Pokemon's Mega Stone is deactivated. Magicite in Final Fantasy VI works in a similar way, as it infuses power into the person using it, changing them and allowing them to learn magic, as well as summon the Esper the magicite used to be until the magicite is removed.

If Mega Stones were irradiated rocks, you'd assume they'd eventually lose power over time as the lifeforce within the stone is used up. So what's the deal?

Last edited:

Years
  • Energy given off by Mega Evolution and possibly regular evolution as well? If I'm not mistaken that's the thing Professor Rowan and Team Galactic were researching in D/P/Pl! Rowan was attempting to research that along with evolution in general and Team Galactic at first had the goal of harnessing that power before they jumped ship to "get Red Chain and restrain uber powerful legendaries with it."

That is very interesting. I wonder though... Why are Infinite Energy and the electromagnetic energies generated by the planet's core mutually exclusive? All living beings generate electricity to some extent so why would the power given off by evolution be different enough from geomagnetic energy that only certain Pokemon can harness it? It also makes me wonder just how Mega Stones are supposed to work. Weren't they irradiated evolution stones/meteor fragments? If Mega Evolution generates a power that matches the natural lifeforce of living Pokemon... Wouldn't that make Mega Stones much like magicite? It's not permanent metamorphosis like regular evolution, so the only logical conclusion is that somehow the Mega Stone and Key Stone possessed by the Trainer infuse the Pokemon with lifeforce, causing it to temporarily change until the battle is over and the Pokemon's Mega Stone is deactivated. Magicite in Final Fantasy VI works in a similar way, as it infuses power into the person using it, changing them and allowing them to learn magic, as well as summon the Esper the magicite used to be until the magicite is removed.

If Mega Stones were irradiated rocks, you'd assume they'd eventually lose power over time as the lifeforce within the stone is used up. So what's the deal?

Right, Galactic did research energy. It'll be easy to add IE into remakes of the other generations actually...a little too easy... I mean Colress was also researching how to make pokémon stronger, and as I said Rocket was looking into the driver of evolution.

Well if the stones were infused with "Infinite Energy" then it'll stand to reason that's why they don't run out. Btw isn't Victini said to produce infinite energy? In a BW remake they could make it so that Team Plasma wants Victini as a cheap source of IE.
    Btw there is also a theory that Deoxys was created by the Ultimate weapon hitting the space virus it originally was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back