• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm wondering if they'll have that trader at the beginning. When you trade him a Bellsprout, and he'll give you an Onix. That's how I want to get my Onix. The Slowpoke Well does look awesome, and I do think the TRGrunts are even in the same position! The Slowpokes look way cooler. (Well duh.) Cherrygove is looking awesome as well. I wonder where that path in Goldenrod branches off to? Probably just some area to catch Pokémon.
    Edit:Where did you see a standard PokéCenter in Goldenrod?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I'm wondering if they'll have that trader at the beginning. When you trade him a Bellsprout, and he'll give you an Onix. That's how I want to get my Onix. The Slowpoke Well does look awesome, and I do think the TRGrunts are even in the same position! The Slowpokes look way cooler. (Well duh.) Cherrygove is looking awesome as well. I wonder where that path in Goldenrod branches off to? Probably just some area to catch Pokémon.
    Edit:Where did you see a standard PokéCenter in Goldenrod?
    Under the train station a bit. Man I hope that, that onix gets a random metal coat sometimes just for a steelix. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Under the train station a bit. Man I hope that, that onix gets a random metal coat sometimes just for a steelix. XD

On the map? Didn't Goldenrod always have a standard PokéCenter, but then again I don't get what it means to be "standard". That's wayy to early in the game to have a Steelix. (:3!) It's "before" the first gym.

Years
  • I think it's good that Gamefreak doesn't feel that they have to stick religiously to the old maps and design. After all in the Kanto threads people kept saying that Johto should be brought to life more, and it looks like they're doing just that.

That being said I don't like the overly cartoony look of the caves and Ruins of Alph. It'll lead to a major soundtrack dissonance when we hear the awesome music remixes of their themes which were very ominous in the orignal.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it's good that Gamefreak doesn't feel that they have to stick religiously to the old maps and design. After all in the Kanto threads people kept saying that Johto should be brought to life more, and it looks like they're doing just that.

That being said I don't like the overly cartoony look of the caves and Ruins of Alph. It'll lead to a major soundtrack dissonance when we hear the awesome music remixes of their themes which were very ominous in the orignal.

There are some new areas and then there are some of the original locations that we know of. I too feel as though GameFreak made a nice move in doing something other than a strict remake of the original. Joht and Kanto both needed something more to them to give it life. Not to mention, with DPPt bringing the games to a higher standards teh remakes of these games would have had to be something good. Overall, the changes made the a plus and the added new features as well.

A little cartoony? I wouldn't call it that seeing as though they are DPPt format just with a more updated look. It shouldn't twis the soundtrack of the location now the game in any way. Though, so far of what we have heard, the music in the game is coming along nicely and it wouldn't bother me too much whether it be good or bad, because like all games if I don't want to hear it I can just lower the volume.

Anyway, I have to compliment on the Slowpoke Well as it has been kept to look the same, but of course with a nice touch of the new tiles and 2D/3D appearance. It seems as though we'll know what our Slowpoke OW sprite is as well if we ever wanted our own to tag along behind us.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • Hey, umm... do you think that they will keep that "search" function on the pokedex from DPPt? I remember from FRLG I really hated that pokedex escpecially when we had to search for Suicune and I had to scroll through for a long time before getting to the end...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hg Ss Pokemon Starters thread

I had an idea that maybe the starters start off in eggs

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Gosh, I hated the Pokédex in FRLG! (Or am I getting the word "Pokédex" mixed up with "Everything"? Hmmmm...) I think Game Freak has learned its lesson about all the stupid new crap they put in FRLG. The help screen, the Pokédex, a boring new set of islands... enough, enough! If we have any luck, HG/SS will be based more off of D/P/Pt than C/R/Ap.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey, umm... do you think that they will keep that "search" function on the pokedex from DPPt? I remember from FRLG I really hated that pokedex escpecially when we had to search for Suicune and I had to scroll through for a long time before getting to the end...

Seeing as how the PokéDex is a lot more advanced than the one in DPPt, I would assume they may keep the feature. However you never know if it could be removed, but I strongly believe it'll be a kept "search function" for the new Dex.

I had an idea that maybe the starters start off in eggs

Looking at last month's scans and the new scans we choose our starters like before in the originals. This is when we visit Prof. Elm and he provides us the three starter choices in their Pokéballs. Though, they have changed the look of it and made the choice selection in more advanced terms like a round table machine. Imagine the roundle electric machine where Ash first got Piakchu in the anime episode one and you may realize what I am talking about. Or, you can simply look at the Coro Coro scans from last month and you'll see exactly what I am referring to on how we choose our starting Pokémon.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Keep in mind that johto is supposed to be way more oldfashioned than the other regions. That would explain the scrapbook-acy of the pokedex. This is why johto is very much like the countryside.
    Yeah, I love that. Sinnoh and Johto are always the more classic regions, while Kanto and Hoenn are... am I gonna use the word "crappy" again? I like how, in GSC, they fashioned Kanto to make it more classic like Johto. So, Hoenn is the only one that gets left in the dust...

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
  • You know the new area at national park?
    I think there's a special pokemon there like a free scyther up for grabs. And maybe You meet Bugsy there because you arive in azaela to find that the gym is empty.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    sorry, I never got around to playing GII.
    But what do you think is there?

For me, I think that it could be like a Battle Zone Area. Or it could be another "park-like" area. There are tons of possibilities of what that place could actually be.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Is this fake?
    Spoiler:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Is this fake?
    Spoiler:

It depends on where you found it. Not to mention I haven't seen this image anywhere on a scan neither around floating on any other site. It may possibly be a well done fan-made image, but right now I don't think it may be real. Not to mention, some of the tiles used for the image doesn't seem to fit with anything else we have seen so far.

EDIT: I was looking closely at the image. If you look at Gold and Totodile you will notice their OW sprites not only match that from the Slowpoke Well image outside, but compared to the other two OW sprites of people, Gold and Totodile have a little distortion and blurriness to it.

Last edited:
    Back