• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (Δ) HOLON mythos (δ) [M] [OOC + SU]

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Not sure if it should worry me that I read Charlottes Growlithe as an*l. Whoops. Oh yeah, I also changed Scraggy to Shiny, would've preffered Sableye but you're right. I would have to renickname him then. I also changed all the stuff back to Steelport, and gave Sableye Will-o-Wisp for that extra punch. Scraggy will remain Offensive entirely. Sableye will turn into more of an entry support kind of pokemon. I also added some more egg moves to Scraggy.
PS: All this great CSS makes my post seem inferior, also all the great detail and work people put into theirs makes mine look like an Onion News Article. Good job to every last one of you ;_; Also good to see another Cowboy Bebop fan. :)

PS: I would also try and do like a collab thing with Master Snivy since we're both from Lumiose, whaddaya say?

Last edited:
Years
Confidence much? I can easily fix that with some reviewing of your application :>

It's silly that such a mischievous Togepi can exist. Aren't they beings of happiness or something? x3 I guess it's not entirely out of the question (I do wonder where the pods of the earphones go at, I don't think I ver actually saw a Togepi with noticeable ears e.e

Confidence = Officially shattered ;-;

Bro, get familiar with Bravely Default, me and DL did. ;)
But, so you aren't confused, Agnés's Charm is a small, blue gem that can occasionally emmit a glow. There, you're welcome. :D

And that's EXACTLY why I designed a sprite for my Togepi, yo.

But... on the topic of everyone else, all you applications are great! The characters are beautifully designed, and I can gladly say that this RP will be quite great. Bravo~

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I have a quick question. Are we allowed to have Pokemon that know Hidden Abilities or do you guys want regular abilities only

E: NVM you edited it into the SU template. I didn't read the change I just added the sections into my SU. X) Sorry about that!

There's no reason to be sorry, I was the one who forgot to add them to begin with :P

Tiny Bit of an Announcement: Scraggy seems to suffer from "Shiny Gible Syndrome" so after being requested by Nyx it will be Sableye who shall be renamed and made shiny instead of Scraggy, the SU edited soon enough to reflect this change~ :3

I'm loving all the SUs so far, and I do feel like telling y'all that CSS is not an indicator of quality, it's the character within that counts! : > Keep up the excellent work, everyone! And the soundcloud tags too, because songs![/s]

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
After a lot of consideration, I decided to sign up for this. Will finish my SU soon.

Full Name: Herra Waker

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:

She might not look like it, but she is decisively smart and cunning. She may be a bit stubborn at times, but she's real patient to others and situations. She can handle things that makes others break down. You can whittle her down but her greatest weapon will always be logic. Although as a warning, she can be oblivious to others' feelings and can betray you any time. Herra barely trusts anyone with anything, but she's a very good listener. So if you're feeling blue, Herra will be there to listen and give you the most knowledgeable advice ever.

Backstory:
Spoiler:

As For The Pokemon....

View attachment 72696

Name: Madeline
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
Movesets:
Spoiler:

Met: Five years after her sister Madeline died, she decided to go to her grave alone and pay for her respects. As she put new flowers in her grave, she heard a soft cry. She turned around but saw nothing, but then the cry happened again. This time Herra could pinpoint the location of the cry; it was behind a tree west of her. Once Herra was there, she couldn't believe her eyes. A Torchic was tied by one of her wings to the tree, and a note laid below. It said Whoever finds this pokemon is yours. I don't want her no more. Take care of her stranger. Then the Torchic passed out. So Herra took her home and fed her. The Torchic was grateful and decided to be happy with her. Herra decided to name her Madeline, after her sister's name.

View attachment 72712

Name: Buddy
Ability: Storm Drain
Level: 5
Movesets:
Spoiler:

Met: One day while walking home, she heard snickering and laughter. Three kids with their grass pokemon were bullying a Shellos; Vine Whip from Chespin, Absorb from Oddish, and a Bullet Seed from Bellsprout. Herra knew that the logical thing to do was to leave, she was outnumbered. But then again, she had Torchic by her side, plus, that Shellos was so cute. So she stood up for Shellos and summoned her Torchic. Herra wasn't sure Torchic's Scratch would do any good, but then her Torchic used Flame Burst and knocked out the pokemon. The trainers ran away and Shellos was grateful. So the cute pokemon crawled to Herra and wanted to stay, despite Torchic's look on her face. So from that moment, Shellos was known as Buddy.

RP SAMPLE:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329800

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years

Name: Flare
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 7

Name: Muddy
Ability: Torrent
Level: 7

Yo Logic, im gonna get to you before Snivy and Chalifoux mwahahaha the two levels of your pokemon combined together cannot surpass 10. So if your Flare is level 7, your Muddy must be level 3. Just a rule in the SU section, sorry.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Yo Logic, im gonna get to you before Snivy and Chalifoux mwahahaha the two levels of your pokemon combined together cannot surpass 10. So if your Flare is level 7, your Muddy must be level 3. Just a rule in the SU section, sorry.

Thanks for the heads up! Decided to go for the even split of 5.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Fixed up my SU sheet to include shiny Sableye and not Shiny Scraggy. Would be really happy if someone could find a Pokemon X gif of a shiny Sableye, because I cant find one ;_;.

Thanks for the heads up! Decided to go for the even split of 5.

Yo No problem, all cool. Just a simple misunderstanding. We all have misunderstandings right?

doge

???
Years
hey u

Spoiler:

let me know if there are any issues ;p

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
You didn't mention your father died :P Just kidding. I think its great and cal might have some fun reading this. Dont see me as like a moderator or anything, just like constructive criticism.

oh gosh haha thanks for catching that! that give me a pretty good laugh :p

Years
Blah blah blah, stuff about two starters.

Chalifoux was quite specific with me when I wanted to use Snivy and Cyndaquil, saying these exact words to me: "Even then, I think one starter Pokemon is already too much, given how some people won't even have a Starter in the RP".

So, for his sake and mine (because I'm still bent up about it ;-;), please take this into consideration.. One starter is fine, but please pick something else.

Chalifoux

Years
oh gosh haha thanks for catching that! that give me a pretty good laugh :p

I was the one who was going to point this out with a clever reply that I spent twenty minutes typing :(
But I'm glad Nyx did catch it, cause it means you guys are reading the rest of the SUs and that's kewl to me o3o

I shall put up a review of Sam's SU (and others should they finish as well) soon enough :3

Chalifoux was quite specific with me when I wanted to use Snivy and Cyndaquil, saying these exact words to me: "Even then, I think one starter Pokemon is already too much, given how some people won't even have a Starter in the RP".

So, for his sake and mine (because I'm still bent up about it ;-;), please take this into consideration.. One starter is fine, but please pick something else.

Now, now. A GM has to be more diligent on this matters. Furthermore, you could just type "snip" instead of "blah, blah, blah", seems a tad bit more elegant and formal, no?

But it's true. Starters aren't handed to just about anyone at anytime. I, however, have no reason to force Cabbage since his starters are probably the weakest Pokemon on the cast, moveset-speaking. I can accept his two starters if he manages to convince me of doing so with a logical reason for such reason, but I'd still prefer if people could have just one starter. There are about 100 un evolved mons to pick from in its place : >

Years
Hey guys! Me and Chalifoux came up with an interesting idea.

So, if you decide to ask me to make a backsprite for your character, I will do it! Just send me a picture of what this character looks like for reference ('else it'll suck >.<). If you're using a picture in your application already, that might work as well, but if you do a written description, then you might (read: should) want to send me pictures for reference (face, clothing, etc) to ensure better results. Then, when you're about to encounter a wild Pokemon, after I decide what you will face, I'll make a scene with your character's backsprite that looks like this:

PokemonFireRed_zps4e3b30c9.png

Drake battling a wild Totodile? Hmm... spoilers~

Here's the catch, though: It will only be applied on future battles if everyone agrees. Granted, they're just for a rather esthetical appeal, but they do look nice and give a sense of customization to the whole Wild Encounter thing. If you do not want me to do a backsprite, but most of the other players do, your battle scene, instead of showing a custom sprite, will show Red or Leaf, depending on the character's gender, in order to at least achieve conceptual symmetry.

So think about it, and post your opinions. :D

(Chalifoux should also get off his lazy arse soon to post -Sam's review of his application)

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Thanks for the compliment on the css. As Chalifoux said, CSS =/= quality. Just makes it look pretty~ Also, I hate to say it, but: *Slateport City. :P

I should have my SU finished sometime tonight as I have been busy at work although I do have a question. My latest post (for the RP sample) was a JP, is that ok? Would you guys rather my latest solo post?

Also, I love the idea of the backsprites! Very creative~

Chalifoux

Years
Also, I hate to say it, but: *Slateport City. :P

That can't be, I'm quite sure I type Slate-
Oh...

Okay, excuse me for a moment. I need to have a word with my autocorrect for a little bit. *Sounds of fists crashing against steel, furiously* There we go, shouldn't happen again :3

As long as you typed enough for us to confirm the quality of writing, it's okay to have a Joint Post as a sample (And boy did you confirm it, trust me) o3o

As a little heads up, me and TSM went ahead and brainstormed the entirety of the first chapter, including the first batch of Pokemon, the first area to explore, and some other gizmos that will catch your eye. This is in no way a thing that should put pressure on you, tho, just felt like I should tell you that, because it is looking preeeeety sweeeet o3o

One little thing I should clear up first: I stated the levels of Pokemon cannot surpass 10, not that they had to be equal to ten, hence why Delilah's Druddigon and Minccino's level equal 8, not 10~ ;]

As a side note, but with an equal - if not more - importance: -Sam, I'm happy lo inform you that me and TSM both agree that your SU is quite marvelous, I enjoyed absolutely everything about it, and am glad to say it is perfect to me as is. The Roleplay Sample certainly brought me back as well *cries tears of joy*, so all in all, I'm more than happy to say that you are definitely accepted and I look forward to any and all of your posts!~

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
*Slateport City. :P

Fixing that right now....

Oh yeah, and Snivy, i think the sprite idea is fantastic. Really creative too, would you preffer for us to send you the refference picture via PM?

the link didn't work for me, just pulled up a picture of a jirachi saying relooped or something. If you could post the image in one of your posts, that would be highly appreciated as it cna be acessed easier. But you are in no means forced to do this. Im just politely asking o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶.

Edit: NEVERMIND, I GOT IT WORKING, DONT BOTHER WATCHFRIEND

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
k f*ck it im done. Steelport, Slateport, I knew I had the right one. Anyways, you guys know what I mean, so no need to go grammar mode on me. You all know what I mean.

My, I do apologize if this all seems like a grammar nazi attack, as it certainly wasn't my intention for it to be that way (and I'm sure it wasn't Watchman's either), but since grammar plays an important role in text-based Roleplay well, it can't be avoided to call upon the typos of others.

But we can all agree that none of this would have happened if my stupid autocorrect could stop changing Slateport into Steelport or apples into steroids~

TSM is asleep as of now, but I can verily much so guess he'd be fine by just having an image to base the back sprites upon, either on the OOC or PM or VM or whatevs.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
My, I do apologize if this all seems like a grammar nazi attack, as it certainly wasn't my intention for it to be that way (and I'm sure it wasn't Watchman's either), but since grammar plays an important role in text-based Roleplay well, it can't be avoided to call upon the typos of others.

It's all cool. I think i overreacted in my previous post with such strong language. I should go change it back, sorry for my irresponsible response. D:
I changed it all back to Slateport City, albeit I think Steelport sounded better.

Last edited:
Back