• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
It might seem unusual, but I can see Rapidash getting a Fire/Flying Mega. It could be based on a Pegasus (a winged horse) or maybe even Sleipnir, Odin's 8-legged steed from Norse mythology! The good thing about it is that it would most likely be an easy job balancing it for competitive play when creating stat boosts; it would become 4x weak to Stealth Rock, so that would always compensate for base stats that would otherwise make the Pokemon broken.
I see more of a Unicorn, mystical animal Wings of a bird, horn of a ryno.
As for me I'd say Elektross

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Unless you mean to say a Mega Eelektross should be part-Flying, otherwise it is not appropriate for discuss a non-Flying. {XD}

Here's a new topic for us:
If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?
- Keep in mind Flying-types only.
- Be overpower as much as you want, just give a good explanation. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Which Pokémon do you think are good candidates to gain the flying type upon Mega evolution?

I've never really understood why Empoleon is a steel type, it doesn't look like one at all. It can learn Drill Peck even and is a bird already, so it would be awesome to see it Mega evolve into a flying type.
I have to say Game Freak managed to surprise me by making a flying Mega Pinsir, fighting would've suited it a lot more, but Aerilate totally compensated for that.

It might seem unusual, but I can see Rapidash getting a Fire/Flying Mega. It could be based on a Pegasus (a winged horse) or maybe even Sleipnir, Odin's 8-legged steed from Norse mythology! The good thing about it is that it would most likely be an easy job balancing it for competitive play when creating stat boosts; it would become 4x weak to Stealth Rock, so that would always compensate for base stats that would otherwise make the Pokemon broken.

I like your way of thinking, a flying Rapidash would be awesome! It already has Bounce, so that covers flying type moves. I don't think it can get broken, it can't learn many good status moves and if it just were to have attack and speed, that's like Mega Lopunny, and it works fine too (but can be really annoying to face).

If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?

I'd go for Swablu, because I like it's shiny colors a lot.
333.gif

I'd give it Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Charm and Moonblast, four moves that show it's cute and fluffy.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Which Pokémon do you think are good candidates to gain the flying type upon Mega evolution?

I've never really understood why Empoleon is a steel type, it doesn't look like one at all. It can learn Drill Peck even and is a bird already, so it would be awesome to see it Mega evolve into a flying type.
I have to say Game Freak managed to surprise me by making a flying Mega Pinsir, fighting would've suited it a lot more, but Aerilate totally compensated for that.

I like your way of thinking, a flying Rapidash would be awesome! It already has Bounce, so that covers flying type moves. I don't think it can get broken, it can't learn many good status moves and if it just were to have attack and speed, that's like Mega Lopunny, and it works fine too (but can be really annoying to face).

I'd go for Swablu, because I like it's shiny colors a lot.
333.gif

I'd give it Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Charm and Moonblast, four moves that show it's cute and fluffy.

It can be argued that Flying =/= birds, as similar happens to the Torchic line. Whilst understandably it is based and rooster-fighting (I'm aware of the correct term, but just let me use the r word instead. Lol). Having said that, I'm not against of your point.

Mega Pinsir is a real surprise too. It would be insane if it has Aerilate, while having the Bug/Fighting typing.

Maybe a Mega Rapidash with Aerilate or Gale Wings? >:) #How2AccessRoost It has access to Morning Sun though, which is neat.

I would distribute a shiny Pidove.

519.png

It should be given Night Slash, Brave Bird, Storm Throw and Morning Sun.

Night Slash and Morning Sun are its Egg Moves, while Brave Bird is needed as it doesn't have a reliable yet strong Flying-type move. Storm Throw is for countering Ice or Rock-types.

Lycanthropy

Years
Maybe a Mega Rapidash with Aerilate or Gale Wings? >:) #How2AccessRoost It has access to Morning Sun though, which is neat.

I don't think it needs either of the two, it has good speed, so Gale Wings is unnecessary. As for Aerilate: it has Bounce, that's okay, unless you want to go for Quick Attack like Pinsir and Double Edge. What do you think of Natural Cure? Unicorns are often associated with healing powers.

I would distribute a shiny Pidove.

519.png

It should be given Night Slash, Brave Bird, Storm Throw and Morning Sun.

Night Slash and Morning Sun are its Egg Moves, while Brave Bird is needed as it doesn't have a reliable yet strong Flying-type move. Storm Throw is for countering Ice or Rock-types.

Storm Throw? How would it do that? (Also, it can learn Morning Sun? How?)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Important announcement: There will be no Spotlight Topics from this point.
Spoiler:

Well we can play with words literally -- Pidove creates a mountain of storm and throws the storm to the opponent. {XD}

As for Morning Sun, I believe it's a reference to the likes of doves and pigeons gathering in a park during the morning hours. :D Officially it's able to learn Morning Sun through Egg move chain. Here's the formula > Cherrim papa (with Morning Sun) + Togetic mama > Togetic son (with Morning Sun) + female Pidove = voila.

That reminds me, the Murkrow line should have access to the move Moonlight, yes or no? :D

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Your doing a night and day, so yes. How about a mid-day move?

That's a good one actually, but you gotta ask Game Freak that. 8D But hey, at least we have Recover and Roost. ;)

Speaking of Roost, what's the general thoughts on Flying-type status moves?

Lycanthropy

Years
Roost is like the only flying type status move I ever use, with an occasional Tailwind or Whirlwind. Mirror Move is quite funny, but not very useful.

That reminds me, the Murkrow line should have access to the move Moonlight, yes or no? :D

It would make a lot more sense than the Pidove with Morning Sun. (Did you add it intentionally because of "Sun"? :P) But I doubt if it would make a difference, as it has Roost already, which has more PP and not influenced by possible rain summons by the opponent. Additionally, it covers temporary defense against electric, rock and ice.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Roost is like the only flying type status move I ever use, with an occasional Tailwind or Whirlwind. Mirror Move is quite funny, but not very useful.

It would make a lot more sense than the Pidove with Morning Sun. (Did you add it intentionally because of "Sun"? :P) But I doubt if it would make a difference, as it has Roost already, which has more PP and not influenced by possible rain summons by the opponent. Additionally, it covers temporary defense against electric, rock and ice.

Lyyyycccaaaaan miss you lots~ <3 *tries to glomp but trips instead*

Tailwind is useful as a supporter move, but only the Cloud Trio and Murkrow with the Prankster Ability can use that move well.

Loool not really. I like Morning Sun irl, it's serene and soothing like Pidove's design and doves. :) But what your comparison for Morning Sun and Roost is entirely correct. :) While I sound like I like Pidove, funnily I have yet to use one for in-game team! {XD}

I would like a Flying-type move that can cause status infliction. Sleep and feathers are commony associated in the media, so a Sleep Powder variant for the Flying-types should exist! :)

Tell me your thoughts on our grand thread too, it's finally completed! (Ignore the scroll bar, I'll be fixing that soon!)

Lycanthropy

Years
Lyyyycccaaaaan miss you lots~ <3 *tries to glomp but trips instead*

Tailwind is useful as a supporter move, but only the Cloud Trio and Murkrow with the Prankster Ability can use that move well.

Loool not really. I like Morning Sun irl, it's serene and soothing like Pidove's design and doves. :) But what your comparison for Morning Sun and Roost is entirely correct. :) While I sound like I like Pidove, funnily I have yet to use one for in-game team! {XD}

I would like a Flying-type move that can cause status infliction. Sleep and feathers are commony associated in the media, so a Sleep Powder variant for the Flying-types should exist! :)

Tell me your thoughts on our grand thread too, it's finally completed! (Ignore the scroll bar, I'll be fixing that soon!)

Hey, it's not like I'm dead or anything. I'm just busy and that shouldn't kill the club already.

Anyway... Pidove is a great Pokémon, but there's nothing special about it really. However, in Black and White 2 you can obtain TM Frustration even before the first Gym, when it's terribly strong with STAB. Bianca will give you Return not much later, so you can switch the two around.

A flying type sleep inducing move sounds interesting. It would certainly be great to buff Pokémon like Xatu, but Talonflame better not be able to learn it, because a first priority hit would be a little overpowered.

As for the index, it looks good! The scroll bars look a bit weird though, next to a rounded box, but that's just a detail.

Years
A flying type sleep inducing move sounds interesting. It would certainly be great to buff Pokémon like Xatu, but Talonflame better not be able to learn it, because a first priority hit would be a little overpowered.

The fact Flying doesn't learn much status moves means it's mainly meant to be an attacking type, but there's outliers like Tailwind and Roost which have their competitive use. As for a sleep-inducing Flying move, I don't know how it would get pulled off but we certainly don't want Talonflame to learn it, because Gale Wings will make it hell.

Years
The overhauled OP looks great! :D

I recall this being mentioned already, but it'd be interesting to see a status move that creates a weather similar to how Delta Stream functions. The move will be similar to Rain Dance and Sunny Day; additionally, a new weather stone can be made to make it last a bit longer.

DarkSkys

Years
That's a good one actually, but you gotta ask Game Freak that. 8D But hey, at least we have Recover and Roost. ;)

Speaking of Roost, what's the general thoughts on Flying-type status moves?
When you think of a bird, you think Flying, Pecking & Roosting on a power line. So generally some moves reflect the birds irl.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
When you think of a bird, you think Flying, Pecking & Roosting on a power line. So generally some moves reflect the birds irl.

It would be nice if there's something to reflect the owls silent and swift flight. :)
Who? Noctowl? Dunno who's that, broh.

Say, what's your thoughts on our main thread? Ignore the lag for now might switch to a non-png background. Honest opinions and constructive opinions are welcome!

Lycanthropy

Years

You'd be surprised how much is based on the real world and it's legends, basically everything.

It would be nice if there's something to reflect the owls silent and swift flight. :)
Who? Noctowl? Dunno who's that, broh.

Say, what's your thoughts on our main thread? Ignore the lag for now might switch to a non-png background. Honest opinions and constructive opinions are welcome!

Speaking of swift moves, why don't we have a flying type first priority move? Okay, there's Gale Wings, but that's only since this gen and I'd say flying Pokémon have a good speed stat on average.

First post looks good! It needs some updates (mainly how much a new Pokémon costs), but I like the chips system so far. It'd be a lot of work to keep up with that all, I suggest us three should make an online spreadsheet for clarity.
The member list however, seems to be broken and incomplete. There's a half name in the bottom, but I can't read it without copy-pasting it to another document. I'm not sure if there are more names hidden down there.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Spoiler:

Sounds like everyone's good with the new systems? Then let's start with a CLASH.

[a id]sh_clash[/a id]Pokémon Clash #1
zAJrYVB.png
Y1aTumd.png

Spearow vs Taillow
  1. Have you ever took Randy's Spearow in GSC/HGSS permanently?
  2. Why does Spearow's neck and beak size differs a lot from Fearow, unlike most avian Pokemon and their evolution forms?
  3. In which aspect is Taillow better than Spearow? And in which part worse than Spearow?
  4. Taillow is known for standing up against a foe who's bigger than it. Which Pokemon has a similar trait?
  5. Why is that Taillow is able to learn Boomburst as an Egg Move, while unable to learn Hyper Voice permanently though any method?
    Please check the grand thread for the current mode.
    Which Pokemon should win the first CLASH?
    Don't be shy! Tell us why! Lol

Last edited:

DarkSkys

Years
So basically choose between the two?

Though, I enjoyed Gen 1 games Spearow was rarely on my team. Pidgey was the main one. As for Gen 3 Tailow was on just for the speed from its evolve form.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
So basically choose between the two?

Though, I enjoyed Gen 1 games Spearow was rarely on my team. Pidgey was the main one. As for Gen 3 Tailow was on just for the speed from its evolve form.

Yes, you must answer the questions and pick a Pokemon between the two.

No feedback for the club?

Lycanthropy

Years
Have you ever took Randy's Spearow in GSC/HGSS permanently?
No that's theft. Okay, basically I expected some sort of more useful reward, but nope, I was wrong.

Why does Spearow's neck and beak size differs a lot from Fearow, unlike most avian Pokemon and their evolution forms?
Because Drill Peck, they wanted Drill Peck.

In which aspect is Taillow better than Spearow? And in which part worse than Spearow?
There's not much of a difference between the basic stages, but Fearow looks like a cool flying chicken with an enormous beak, so that's definitely a win on Spearow's side.

Taillow is known for standing up against a foe who's bigger than it. Which Pokemon has a similar trait?
Err... Can't think of who that'd be now.

Why is that Taillow is able to learn Boomburst as an Egg Move, while unable to learn Hyper Voice permanently though any method?
When they flap with their wings, small gunpowder dust comes free, which daddy Noivern can teach how to ignite. That goes BOOM and has nothing to do with its voice. (Yeah, I don't know, #PokémonLogic.)

Win goes to: Spearow, because I liked them in the early episodes of the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back