• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] ♛ Art Battles ♛ : IT'S A NEW YEAR QUEUE WIDE OPEN

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Uhh, I have no idea. Any suggestions? Maybe Nina would give us a topic they think is simple enough :D

Hmm... Well, since you've got no idea...

How about, making an overworld sprite - RPG Maker style (3 rows, 4 columns...) of a Pokemon, any Pokemon, in any style you like? It doesn't have to be like the game's style at all - it just has to be a real Pokemon.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • OK, can you give me an example? I'm not sure I've encountered RPG Maker style before, maybe I have I just don't know it by that term

Years
  • Uhh, I have no idea. Any suggestions? Maybe Nina would give us a topic they think is simple enough :D
    Hmm... Well, since you've got no idea...

How about, making an overworld sprite - RPG Maker style (3 rows, 4 columns...) of a Pokemon, any Pokemon, in any style you like? It doesn't have to be like the game's style at all - it just has to be a real Pokemon.

I like this idea. 👍

But I will always provide topic ideas if anyone needs it, fyi.

edit: this is what he's talking about btw, overworld sprites. 3 sprites walking forward, 3 sprites walking back, and 3 sprites walking right. Usually, they can be flipped for walking left, but it depends on if you want to flip key details.

Actor_1_Talking.png

CDB

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hi! I'm new here & I don't know anyone but I would love to participate in this haha
    I'd be down for anything (pixel, graphics, drawing, etc) I just want an opportunity to get back into art and thought I might as well spice it up with a duel :>

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Hi! I'm new here & I don't know anyone but I would love to participate in this haha
    I'd be down for anything (pixel, graphics, drawing, etc) I just want an opportunity to get back into art and thought I might as well spice it up with a duel :>

we can try :)

we could go for pencil drawing, scenery is good?

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • well, i do not have much complain about it so it's your choice to pick.

Small edit, alrite I pick my own decision and I want to try some valley scene, cool?

Last edited:
    Years
  • You four in the works, I just need final verification of your medium and specifications and I'll set you guys in the queue and give you a date!

CDB

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    well, i do not have much complain about it so it's your choice to pick.

Small edit, alrite I pick my own decision and I want to try some valley scene, cool?

Valley scene in pencil, sounds good :>

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Awesome! I'll be ready to go, mostly after next Thursday - 've got some work to do til' then.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    If it's okay with FBI, would you mind starting it the week after the 15th? I will be a tad busy with papers, art projects, and writing projects until then =w=.

If not, that's fine too.

Years
  • Sure. It would be a shame to win via disqualification anyways.

If it's okay with FBI, would you mind starting it the week after the 15th? I will be a tad busy with papers, art projects, and writing projects until then =w=.

If not, that's fine too.

That's fine then as well. You guys will be queued for April 22nd to May 6th! If someone else sets up a battle soon, there's enough time to queue in front of you guys, but it shouldn't effect you dates at all. Just have everything ready by the 6th of May. :>

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Awesome, great to know! I'm excited to start ;). Hope I'm not effecting CDB and Killer's dates, though.

Years
  • Sure, sounds good! Any scenery in particular or is everything up to us? haha

well, i do not have much complain about it so it's your choice to pick.

Do I have final conformation between you two to start? Would you like to start immediately or later?

(@Paprika It shouldn't effect their dates as long as their good to go. It won't ever effect anyone's actual work dates as they can always stack, I just don't want anyone to have to wait too long until their voting goes up. If they are ready to go and start now, their voting will end right as yours is due, so no one has to wait. :>
    But if they did, at most anyone would wait is a week.)

Back