• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 1 new pokemon,Victinis' type !

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh, I guess I did forget about those... well, I'm still excited about this one because it's actually cute.
    Also, Victini has surprised me once again. It's typing is awesome. We officially have confirmation that this generation will bring at least 6 new Fire-Types.

Bay

Years
  • Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if the Swan is a Farfetch'd evo.

It's eyes and stance are very similar to how Farfetch'd acts in the games and the anime.

(The Ugly Duckling - a Duck turns into a swan~)
    Hm, I don't think Farfetch'd would evolve into that swan. I think it's a bit drastic for a Pokemon game to have one species (a duck) evolve into a totally different species (a swan). Not counting bugs or Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed since those ones are more realistic. Also, I would assume Ferfetch'd would still have that stalk if it were to evolve.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hm, I don't think Farfetch'd would evolve into that swan. I think it's a bit drastic for a Pokemon game to have one species (a duck) evolve into a totally different species (a swan). Also, I would assume Ferfetch'd would still have that stalk if it were to evolve.

It's not THAT "farfetched" to have an ugly duck Pokemon evolve into a beautiful swan... have you ever heard the story of the ugly duckling? And maybe it is just a female evolution...

Bay

Years

• It's not THAT "farfetched" to have an ugly duck Pokemon evolve into a beautiful swan... have you ever heard the story of the ugly duckling? And maybe it is just a female evolution...
    Yeah, I heard about it, but still not so sure. Don't know why, but I don't think the games will use that story as a basis for Farfetch'd's evolution, even if they have based the many myths and stories of Pokemon from various sources. Then again, if anything, it could be an evolution only for the female Farfetch'd. Also, like I said, that swan didn't have that stalk. In the Pokedex entries, Farfetch'd can't live without its stalk. It would be weird to me if Farfetch'd evolved and didn't have its stalk.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • Hm, I don't think Farfetch'd would evolve into that swan. I think it's a bit drastic for a Pokemon game to have one species (a duck) evolve into a totally different species (a swan). Not counting bugs or Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed since those ones are more realistic. Also, I would assume Ferfetch'd would still have that stalk if it were to evolve.

remoraid>octilary?
    please tell me how a fish turns into an octopus.
    at least farfetch'd is a water foul, just like swan.

but i don't think farfetch'd evolves into swan anyway.

Bay

Years
  • remoraid>octilary?
    please tell me how a fish turns into an octopus.
    at least farfetch'd is a water foul, just like swan.

but i don't think farfetch'd evolves into swan anyway.
    True that's a bit weird, but according to Remoraid's bulbapedia entry, Remoraid and Octillery are based around gun artillery also, so that kinda works I guess.

Okay, think that's enough for this Farfeth'd evolution discussion in this thread for me. x_x

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh god, that bug is so hideous. Not even 100 Wooguru's can make up for how ugly that bug and Munna/Musharna are.
    I'm at a loss for words when I see that most of you actually like the new pokemon.

Fire/Psychic though, that's pretty interesting, I may not hate that weird phallic legendary as much as I normally did.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The deer looks more reindeer based than Stantler so I don't think they are related.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They all have great designs and I am very fond of them.

The deer looks really cute; it looks like it could be Bambi's sister. xD It also looks like it would be a normal type pokémon.
    As for the swan, not many people like it but I think it's awesome. Reminds me of Pelipper for some odd reason. I still find it pretty cool anyway.

The bug type is so adorable. It's the new worm pokémon after Caterpie and Wurmple I suppose. The leaf on its head is huge!

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • The new bug and that deer looking one are gorgeous! The bug reminds me of Weedle, but is cute in it's own way.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • why is it that when i look at the bug, i think of this Fakemon?
    1 new pokemon,Victinis' type !

IceFireLighnting

It's a Fire/Psychic type. If I'm wrong, I SHALL live inside a Weezing for a week with only a Magikarp to keep me company. That's worse than being alone in a Weezing.

I was the first to say it, so whadda I win? Sorry, Volroc, but you come in close second. Give me my prize, give me my prize. Such an important Pokemon, and I was the first to suggest its full typing. Again, I'm sorry, Volroc, but if it's any consolation, you still correctly predicted one of its types. And you said that before me. So, technically, we're tied.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The pink deer is so darn cute, and it kinda reminds me of shaymin somehow...

Back