• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene.

When all of Brock's siblings were clinging on to Ash as he was about to demolish Brock's Onix. It was emotional to see how much they cared for Brock and appreciated him for all he did.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene.

Either the ending in PMD Explorers of Time or when in the anime Team Rocket released all their pokemon (Wheezing and Arbok) to save them from the Poacher.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene

The saddest scene was when Ash and Misty parted ways for the last time. There's no need for an explanation. Both were clearly not ready to leave.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Day 8: Favorite Soundtrack

My favorite overall soundtrack would definitely be Gold/Sliver/Crystal. For the most part it's because of the nostalgic value, but it's also because I'm a sucker for "8-bit" music. I just LOVE pretty much all the music from those games. It's amazing how much emotion old-school game music can trigger! :D

My favorite tracks (mostly GSC, but some other stuff too):

GSC - Legendary Beasts Fight - Sends chills down my spine every time!
    GSC - Goldenrod City - I really wish HGSS would've kept it this way. The remix is nowhere near as good as this!
    GSC - Ecruteak City - I loved this song back in the day and still do!
    GSC - Ending Theme Best ending theme ever. Nuff said.
    GSC - Champion/Red Battle Best Champion theme in my opinion.
    DPPt - Champion Battle Second best Champion theme, tied with....
    RSE - Champion Battle - If there's a remake, I hope they do this song justice.
    BW - N Battle - This generation has some real nice music. I haven't beaten the game yet, so there may be better music I have yet to hear.

Day 9: Saddest Scene

I always thought the scene where Ash protected Pikachu from the Spearows was very touching. Ash turning to stone was pretty sad, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 10: Best game innovation
    Special/Physical Split
    - I don't think I need to comment. It just all makes more sense with this split, since so many Pokemon had stats that didn't match well with its typing in generations I-III. This whole mechanic has just been a blessing.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024

Unlimited TMs - who wouldn't want unlimited amount of use in TMs? During the old generations, getting those TMs are hard and you only get to teach it on one Pokemon. But this time, however hard to get the TM is the reward is great. The next thing they need to do is make HM moves removable when learning a new move.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Day 10: Best game innovation: Agreeing with Zeffy here (unlimited use of TMs). Now I won't have to trade multiple TMs over from multiple games. I also like the physical/special split because it gave Pokemon like Kingler, Hitmonchan and Sneasel a new lease on life.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Day 10: Best game innovation:

Toss-up between unlimited TMs and the Vs. Seeker. Now we just need to have both these features in the same game... The first makes team building much easier and the second makes leveling up and getting mad money much easier.

Years
    Day 09: Saddest Scene
    When my GB Pocket broke after 8 years of excessive use from falling down from a table. Hey, it's more reasonable being attached to an object than to fictional characters.

Like Syd said, the Phy/Spe split. Shame they only did in in gen. IV, why not earlier? Would it have taken up too much space? Because there was a lesser variety of moves earlier on? Simply forgot?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Something that gave Pokemon like Kingler, Gyarados, Sneasel and most ghost type Pokemon use, the Physical/Special Split made more Pokemon's life better than ruined. All those Dark/Ghost/Dragon types now having attacks to suit them, don't we all live in a good time~

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Day 09: Saddest Scene

Ash turning to stone was really sad as well as Butterfree being released.

Unlimited TMs and the physical/special split (although I'm still a bit bummed Alakazam and other psychic pokemon and the Elemental Punches aren't effective in expanding their movepools anymore)

Also a bit overlooked but the breeding system- I find it interesting how pokemon learn egg moves that they wouldn't normally learn back in Gen 2, and it certainly helped that you don't have to catch the same pokemon lots of times- just breed it! (Also it made Ditto have a use!)

Also, the Dream World for granting additional abilities and giving some pokemon a chance to shine or have abilities that make sense according to their Dex entries

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Unlimited TMs - who wouldn't want unlimited amount of use in TMs? During the old generations, getting those TMs are hard and you only get to teach it on one Pokemon. But this time, however hard to get the TM is the reward is great. The next thing they need to do is make HM moves removable when learning a new move.

^thirding this for one, but for my actual answer...

Day 10: Best game innovation - Being able to pick from everyone when you trade
    It was such a waste of time when it was like "I'm getting on wi-fi!" Followed by "Oh crap I forgot what I have to trade you!" Now that we can pick from anything I'm a happy camper.
    Next they need to make it possible to trade all three slots at once if both partners are doing mass trades. (AKA an option to trade all 3 at once.)

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 10: Best game innovation.

Being able to walk with your Pokemon in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I don't know would that count but I love the fact that you could walk with your Pokemon. It was really cool and it's a pity that feature wasn't continued on onto Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. It would of been really cool.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

Physical / Special Split

I just can't think of a reason not to love this, really. It added viable options to such an incredible number of Pokémon. Suddenly, Alakazam could attack well without the Elemental Punches and Gengar no longer sucks! It opened up so many new ideas and uses for Pokémon. A much-needed, although late, innovation.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 10: Best game innovation.

Organization of the Bag. Now there is one endless list of all the stuff you have, everything is organized into parts.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I wasn't allowed on the computer yesterday, derp.

Day 09 - Saddest scene

Saying goodbye to N in BW, baaaaw ;; The PMD pre-credit scenes were pretty sad too, and the ones post-credits were bittersweet. Courtney's/Marge's death in PokeSupe was also pretty sad, too.

Honestly, I like the Rotation Battles a lot. I also like the fact that the music slightly changes in BW based on talking to people who happen to be playing an instrument or can sing or when going deeper into a cave.

No longer taking damage in the overworld when Poisoned was also nice, as well as the fact that lower leveled Pokemon gain more Exp. than higher leveled ones when both are used in battle.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

I REALLLLLLY love Triple Battles. :3

Spoiler:

Triple Battles are an awesome concept of pokemon battling; the stradegys you can apply to from double battles, but! You now have three pokemon to have a stradegy with; so, you can triple the pain from Rain Dance, or go lingo with Trick Room. :3

Also, I find these types of battles ALOT more epic. Why? Well, like I said; more strategy and pokemon involved. :3

I really like this function too!

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered what to teach my pokemon Thunderbolt, have the TM used up, then have to get ANOTHER one by getting, I think its 10,000 coins, from that Voltorb flip game that I'm not good at. >>

But! Now that TMs can be used over and over, this is quite a convienet way to teach all the pokemon the moves you want. :3

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game innovation

I'd say the introduction of the Dream World was a nice feature. It provided a reprieve from the monotony of training, in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back