• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Day 7- Favourite Couple

None really, although I guess if i had to pick, RubyxSapphire in the manga felt really believable.

Day 8- Favourite Soundtrack

Definitely the G/S/HG/SS era, it's a classic. I found the tunes there most memorable.

Azalea Town theme was always so relaxing and I find the Gen 2 sound more relaxing for some reason- maybe it's simpler.

Classic Goldenrod theme.

Of course the epic Red/Lance battle theme

and an epic remix of the Kanto Gym Leader theme!

My favourite Trainer battle theme ever

Best Route music ever

I could go on with things like the Rival theme, Ecruteak, National Park theme, Team Rocket battle theme, Bicycle theme and more xD

B/W soundtrack is a close second though- there's just something about the beeps from Gen 2 that make it more memorable (maybe because the melodies are limited and had to be simpler but memorable)

edit: looks like i don't know how to use the youtube tags in this forum xD

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 07 - Favourite couple

... I literally have no idea. Like none. For the sake of answering the question, I'll say Jesse and James (they were a couple, weren't they?) but I don't have a proper answer, unfortunately!

Day 08 - Best soundtrack

This one's easy: National Park from HeartGold/SoulSilver. It honestly reminds me of being in a park, with the gentle wind brushing through my hair. A really relaxing song and one of the few musical highlights of the Pokemon franchise.

Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack

Kind of easy for me. Bike music G/S
    When I got the GB Player in HGSS... I went outside, turned it on, got on my bike and just sat there.... Two hours... I just.... SAT THERE... And died of nostalgia overdose. XD

Years
    Day 7- Favourite Couple
    I find all of that shipping business rather asinine and annoying so for me the best answer is no answer here.

Day 8- Favourite Soundtrack
    No question here, Lavender Town. Back in the day it was disturbing, now I see it as the most memorable track from Pokemon there is. This means, of course, tons of nostalgia.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 6 - Ash
    Day 7 - Nurse Joy x Officer Jenny Shipping is completely pointless and annoying.

Day 8

I always play my pokemon games on silent. So ermm. None.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Day 08: Best Soundtrack

Ahhhhhhhh...
    Actually, I have soooo many. .w.'

Well, my top 5:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Chiper Admin Battle
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Colosseum - Chiper Admin Battle
    Spoiler:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Chiper Peon Battle
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow: Cerulean City's Theme
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow: Cinnabar Island's Theme
    Spoiler:

Yeah; 3/5 are music from the pokemon spin-off games from gamecube; which begs the question: WHY NOT HAVE ONE FOR WII?

=(

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Day 8: Best soundtrack

If you didn't figure it out already from all the sound tags I conveniently had uploaded on Fileden for quite some time, then one of my all-time favorite OSTs is the Black/White OST. I think they really did a good job with the tracks, and I've come to love even more tracks since playing the games multiple times.

However, I said it was one of my all-time fave OSTs. The second one would have to be the Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness OSTs. I don't have any tracks uploaded and am too lazy to use YT (though this tells me I need to go download them), but Miror B.'s XD theme and some of the battle music is just amazing.

Finally, my other favorite OST is the PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky OST. Especially regarding the third of the games because of its additional and awesome tracks. PMD Blue/Red Rescue Team also had a good OST too, but I just prefer the second PMD's OSTs more.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 8. Best Soundtrack.

Heart Gold & Soul Silver: Surfing Music

A little more info...

It's really beautiful and sometimes I would get get my Pokemon to perform the surf action just so I could listen to the music and I wouldn't move will I'd be in the water so the music wouldn't get interrupted if I encountered a wild Pokemon.

Another one I particularly enjoyed was the music in the National Park. It too was really beautiful and would just go there at times just to listen to the music.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Well I'm behind, but whatever.

Day 07 - Favorite Couple:
    I'm just gonna say Barb x Spuds from Petty Artist's Leaf Green Nuzlocke. Yeah it's not a canon story, but I don't like/know of many couples in the games. (Don't watch the anime)

Favorite Soundtrack is going to be late, too, because I'd really like to elaborate on that, but I'm tired right now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 9: Saddest scene
    PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky ending
    - I haven't beaten this game in a while, but I do remember getting a little teary eyed at the ending! I would post a pic or vid, but I'm too lazy to find it. Besides, I think it loses the effect if you're just watching it or seeing it without having played it to get to that point yourself. So yeah.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene

I can't really think of a scene, but the Lavender City's Pokemon Tower easily is the saddest place in all of Pokemon. The people their grieve much more than those in the later generational counterparts of the tower. Coupled by the music, which is creepy, depressing and sad all rolled into one. Of course, I really felt for that poor Marrowak that got killed by Team Rocket. =(

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Day 09 - Saddest scene

On the anime, when Butterfree left. I almost cried during the episode. It was sad as heck. Arguably one of the best and saddest scene in the anime in my opinion. I don't have any sad scenes on the other canons however. They didn't just hit me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene: Basically, any moment that involves the trainer releases his/her Pokemon, especially Jessie's release of Dustox and Misty's release of Togetic.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest Scene

At the end of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games, when Ash tried to leave Pikachu in the forest, when Ash, Brock and Misty split up before Hoenn, when Pokemon like Butterfree and Dustox were released, when Ash was turned to stone, etc...

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 09 - Saddest Scene - easily either when Ash was tuned to Stone in the first movie, or when Celebi had pretty much died at the end of Pokemon 4Ever and they were trying to feed it berries. ;n;

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest scene.

The saddest scene for me as of late was when Ash and Brock eventually ended their journey together and went their separate ways. While their ending of their journey together would bring along other new characters like Cilan and Iris. It was sad that Brock, who was there from nearly the start of it all, would have to leave and would be an end of an era.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back