• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Day 22 - A movie which disappointed you

I dunno....I'd say everything after the first 4 basically. (The 4th one had Suicune and Celebi in it right?)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yes the Fourth one was Pokemon 4Ever Celebi: Voice of the Forest. Which also included Suicune.

Day 22 - A movie which disappointed you
    I wasn't to high on Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unknown. Was mah, mediocre at best. Definitely not to epic portions of it's predessors or movies with global catastrophic. Not to say that makes a good movie, but it seemed seemed to small scale to me, didn't like the story to much. Molly came off as a huge brat through out the movie.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 23: Most interesting Pokemon sprite, in your opinion

What is this? What is this? Is this Charizard? What is he doing? Is he dying? His tail flame seems to be non-existent. But oh well. Interesting sprite...and always my favorite, just because it's funny.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    This, of course! You have literally seen it all. xD
    In all seriousness, I really think that RB sprite for Golbat is really interesting. I mean, just look at its tongue! It's sticking out!

Oh how I wish it was animated. =p

EDIT: Oh, and Cryogonal too.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Day 20: Favorite region
    I'd have to say Hoenn. It was a great region with lots of water to explore. It had a large variety of climates too.

Day 21 - Best Game/Arc with the Best Story
    Any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games had a wonderful story. The story always sucked me in, in those games.

Day 22 - A movie which disappointed you.
    It is hard to choose one but Jirachi Wish Maker is probably the one. It was probably the least exciting out of all of them.

NOODLE ARMS! NOODLE ARMS!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Day 23 - Most interesting Pokemon sprite:
    Hydreigon's B/W sprite

The animation confused me at first, but after staring at it for a while, I finally understood its movement patterns. It looked interesting, to say the least.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Day 22 - A movie which disappointed you.Any movie featuring Ash Ketc... wait, that's all of them, isn't it? Yeah, all of them were disappointing.

RB Golbat. With that huge tongue sticking out, it's bordering between comical and terrifying :P

Cid

Years
    I can't believe I haven't done this sooner. Out of all the 30 Days of _____ Challenges here at PC, this one just made me read through the whole thread. <3
    I shall put the catching up parts in quotation and spoiler (since this'll be a long post for sure).
    I'll still open the post with today's challenge, though.

Day 23 - Most interesting Pokemon sprite, in your opinion

I'm moving away from the odd looking Red/Green sprites and post a pair of sprites which wouldn't be as interesting without the other:

After my brother took note of it, I always found it fascinating how Onix's Gold sprite (left) looked like a rotated capital 'G' with his pose. But then I found out that his Silver sprite (right) looked like a flipped capital 'S' which means that they intentionally drew Onix's alternate sprites according to the first letter of their game! 8D
    Too bad his Crystal sprite didn't follow suit, and simply animated and rehashed his Silver sprite. Still, the letter 'S' is present in Crystal...

Catching Up said:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 22: A movie which disappointed you. - The one with Jirachi. Oh god.... It was a major letdown.

Day 23: Most interesting Pokemon sprite, in your opinion -
    ....What..... is this?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I totally forgot about this place O_O /howisthatevenpossible

Day 21: Game/Arc with the best story
    The RS arc of PokeSupe. I hated the games, loved the manga arc. The characters (except for Sapphire) are all awesome; the battles are awesome, the emotion put into it is amazing... Yeah, even though there was a change in mangaka or something like that they did good. The DP and BW arcs are also pretty damn awesome. I love the tsukkomi/boke acts (and how the translators manage to alter the puns a little to make them American puns AND explain the original pun in a side note), and Black is pretty cool, even if he is a bit like your typical shounen hero so far. Oh, and N is boss.

Day 22: A movie which disappointed you
    Not really a movie unless you want to count it as one, but the Mirage Pokemon one, I guess? I just really didn't like it that much because the voice acting sucked (it was after the American voice actor switch, sob) and it just wasn't interesting.

Cryogonal reminds me of a Final Fantasy Bomb morphed into an icicle. I mean seriously, how could you not see it in a Final Fantasy game?

A lot of the Green sprites are also pretty unusual. Then again, if you look at the silly translations, well...

It looks like Green Dratini's more detailed than the others, save for the lack of different shades of color. I mean, if it were real it seems like I could touch its belly and it would be slimy like a snake or something. Idk XD;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 24: Favourite classic game/episode
    Love me some Silver and Red! I've probably said it a lot over my time here at PC, but I got these two games at a relatively hard time in my life, and I don't know what I would have done without them. I still enjoy playing them even today, though not Silver as much since I have lots of goodies on there and don't feel like resetting. But Gold and Crystal will suffice!

Cid

Years
    Day 24 - Favourite classic game/episode

Pokemon Gold all the way. It was my very first Pokemon game, and I have a lot of wonderful memories playing it.

I think that was when my enthusiasm to the main series all started. I played it with my brother's help (especially during the grinding parts), but nevertheless, I had fun seeing all sorts of Pokemon while exploring Johto (it's funny how I loved it even though I didn't fully understand some of the plot points during my first playthrough). It wasn't until a few years after, though, that I got to explore post-game (Kanto) fully, because I actually thought there was nothing left to do after beating the Pokemon League. XD
    Still, I love that game. It feels as if it represents the best years that I've had in my childhood. Even after many years, I still enjoy playing it. And I love it for making me love this series.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't any favourite classic game or episode. They all didn't caught me with their oldish charm. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Day 24 - Favorite classic game/episode: The final Orange Islands battle with Drake and Ash. Even though Drake's Dragonite was way too overpowered, Pikachu managed to get through in the end.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Although I didn't get around to owning both until after I had a GBA and it was impossible to find any new GBC games, I would have to say Crystal and Puzzle Challenge (not to be confused with Puzzle League). I loved Crystal's enhancements (especially the sprite movement, the additions to the story, the female character...), and Puzzle Challenge will always hold a special place in my heart <3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Day 23 - Most interesting Pokemon sprite, in your opinion

Wigglytuff, cause it looks like it is on shrooms xD. First gen sprites sure were different.

Define what Classic is. Is it pre-third gen? If that is what we are going for then Red/Blue good stuff, not to mention it was fresh at the time and business was booming back then. As far as episode goes I always loved EP017 Island of Giant Pokemon. Because we got to see it from the pokemon perspective through most of the episode. EP072 The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemonpolis was pretty cool seeing giant Alakazam vs. Gengar. And then Giant Jigglypuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023

It's all jittery, which is kind of creepy especially when you consider how destructive it is. That makes it interesting.

Do I even need to say it? Pokemon Crystal! I could go on and on about what I love about this game and how much I loved it as a kid.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 25: A Pokemon you plan on using
    Crustle
    - I have to use it in my White team, and out of those six on my team, excluding Meloetta, I've used them all. Looking forward to this one tbh. :] I mean...the Pokemon. Not the team. 4/6 are weak to fire lmao. :[

Cid

Years
    Day 25 - A Pokemon you plan on using

I haven't finished playing my Pokemon White but I already have plans for my team in either Black or the third version. Petilil would definitely be in that team, and I'd even use the in-game traded one in Black if I have to. I couldn't fit her in my team because I already had a Grass-type. I really wanted to use a lot of Gen V Pokemon that I saw throughout my first playthrough though, and among the Pokemon that I plan to use next, Petilil stands out the most. It's adorable. I might even use her in my current team if I can afford to replace one.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Pokemon Gold, I always have a super nostalgic fell whenever I play it.

Day 25 - A Pokemon you plan on using
    I plan on using what ever Pokemon that people post on my Hall of Fame Challenge. I hope someone puts down Reshiram under legendary Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back