• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: dboring, I guess now'd be a good time to meet up?))

The Other Trainer

A young man sat down on the couch near Rachel, suddenly distracting her attention from Gible. She and her Pokemon turned their heads simultaniously to look at him. He was considerably older than Rachel, by a few years undoubtedly, and had a Chimchar sitting on his shoulder. Gible gave the orange monkey a curious look, while at the same time seemed suspicious.

Rachel took another sip at her cola, not really paying much attention to the taste. She'd seen this same guy getting his Chimchar at the lab. Both of them were beginning trainers, it seemed, despite their apparent age difference. She saw herself as pretty mature for her age, however, and knew that at some point, she would have to meet someone on her journey.

Perhaps I'm really just in a better mood. Stupid Jubilife City, she thought angrily. All the same, she could at least speak to the trainer, as not to seem rude.

"I see you're another new trainer," she said simply, in a way that seemed anxious for a reply. Gible still had his eyes transfixed on the Chimchar, as if wondering what the other Pokemon would do.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    OOC: Here is a quick post to get me through to catching up. If it isn't that great it is because I am basically just trying to get where everyone else is.

Route 202 and The City

After Buizel's dominance over the angry youngster's Starly, Lucius continued to make his way forth towards Jubilife City. Outside the city gates, lied a small blue Pokemon. He had assumed it was fairly common, as just about everyone caught one when they could. He saw the boy from the lab do it and she saw the pokemon flying around the grassy plains. Trying to ignore the pokemon, Isaac made his way forth but Buizel stared at the wild creature. "Don't tell me you want to battle? Come on, the city is right there!" Buizel rejected Lucius' plea and began to battle the wild Pokemon, probably because of pride. From his mouth, a high pressure water torrent was aimed and fired directly at the electric pokemon, as seen due to electrical sparks being emitted by the fur. The pokemon charged forward and tackle Buizel in the stomach. Reeling back, Buizel was left open to a terrifying leer by the untamed creature which was followed up by another tackle, this time with lowered defenses on Buizel's part. Angered by the opponent's wave of attacks, Buizel leaped in its direction and unleashed a Sonic Boom generated by a glowing tail. Images of the previous battle was created and the wild pokemon was launched back several feet. The exact same effect happened as the creature was defeated in one effective strike, ignoring the water gun that barely harmed the electric pokemon. With Buizel's battle of pride complete, Lucius continued forth into the city's limits.

Jubilife was robust and active, with a variety of characters and events. Lucius saw many of the trainers flying around, chasing clowns and looking like fools. Lucius smirked and laughed a bit before finding the most important structure in any city: The Pokemon Center. Healing up Buizel due to his two battles, Lucius rested a bit himself in the Center's finely furnished lobby. Buizel returned healed and ready for action, but Lucius thought about to save himself time on his journey. "Come on. We are going to head to the Market. Thank you fine nurses for your help." Lucius polity stated with mighty volume. In the small market building, Lucius bought 4 potions and an extra Pokeball, even though he had 5 due to kind offering of the professor. With his shopping complete, Lucius placed his items in his organized back pack and returned to the Pokemon Center, where some of the trainers from earlier joined in. Lucius sat comfortably on the couch, petting Buizel in order to garner more trust in his Pokemon.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: No its fine! I prefer quality over quantity, but its still nice to have a long post with a bit of humor in it. -cough- Your Shinx is a "loony" -cough-

@dboring: Good post, I see you have your Poketech to (or however its spelled)

@Piez: Ha-ha, I love your new avatar.. xD
    Anyway, personal interaction = yes.

@Plan B: No no, its perfectly fine! Short and informative (with description to).
    If it was only 4 lines, then I'd have a problem with it.
    Anyhow,

Congratulations!
    Buizel grew to level 10!
    Buizel learned Pursuit!

(Note to everyone, I'll edit in the next Subchapter post into this post when I finish it, unless someone posts after me. I'd appreciate that to)

((OoC: For those of you who want to describe your surroundings as you go.. I'm setting up the weather/appearance of things for today's postings.

If you wanted to move on and not help the poor fellow, PM me and I'll also post the description of the route to the next town.

Anyway this sentence wont make any sense UNTIL you read the post;
    You can choose whether to go on or not, but if you stop "them", you'll get a few rewards))

Putting a stop to it

On the day after the trainers reached the City, the weather took a marked turn for the worse. Drab gray clouds piled over Jubilife and a thin rain began to fall. The streets quickly emptied of all but essential traffic, and members of Team Galactic, who would ordinarily have been abroad seeking out new targets, congregated at their base.

Their base was a large and hideously over-done building in the heart Veilstone. It contained some of the Team's more dangerous members, along with grunts to help deter trouble. All of this suited Cyrus just fine.
    He was standing in one of the base's underground laboratories, overseeing the completion of a tool needed to wreak further havoc about Sinnoh.
    "How far along are we?" he inquired.

One of the more runty scientists looked up at his boss, seemingly a bit confused.
    "For what?" He asked. Though he knew quite well what Cyrus meant.

"The containers." He answered back. Though his voice contained no trace of mal-content, it was quite clear that he was becoming both anxious and annoyed.

"O-oh, right!" The grunt shuffled through some papers before drawing up what appeared to be a blueprint of something.
    Walking over to his boss, he and another grunt laid the paper on a table and pointed to somewhere near the bottom of the sheet.
    "We're about here," one of the scientists pointed out, "they should be ready within the next few days."
    Cyrus merely nodded to comply.

"Some of our men collected the documents you require from the man in Jubilife." Cyrus rolled up the paper and handed it to one of the grunts, who accepted it gladly.
    "I've given them orders to get back here as soon as possible, but I'm sure they're still out there having a bit of fun."

---

From the perspective of another, he was soaking wet and possibly very upset.
    An item of great importance had been stolen by a gang of thugs, and if not recovered could pose a threat to the legendary Pokémon.

Dashing inside the nearest Pokémon center, he yelled out in desperation,
    "Please, someone help me!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: I just love these little OOC notes, don't I? Anyways, this could be interesting... And I'm guessing the man is a controllable NCP, right?))

The Cry for Help

Rachel was still on the couch, just a second after adressing the Chimchar trainer. On a very nearby couch, another trainer with a Buizel sat down, looking very interested in his Pokemon. All of a sudden, a man burst into the Pokemon Center, his clothes drenched and dripping with water. It must be raining pretty hard, Rachel inquired.

"Please, someone help me!" he cried in desperation.

Gible, alarmed by the noise, whirled around and looked the man straight in the eyes. His trainer looked a bit doubtful. What does this guy want? Please, not another stupid Poke-Watch thing...

"You there!" exclaimed the man, pointing to the little lobby of couches. "You three! You've got tough-looking Pokemon! Please, just help me out!"

Rachel sighed, ready to spit back some nasty reply, but stopping herself just barely. She couldn't deny to help somebody in the middle of a Pokemon Center, no matter how much she didn't want to. Trainers were 'supposed' to be 'kind' and 'helpful'. She wrinkled her nose for a moment at this thought, then lifted her head with an expressionless face. Gible was still staring at the man with his big, yellow eyes.

"Fine," she said simply, "I'll help."

((So, perhaps this gives Beo, Lucius, and Rachel a chance to get to know each other? Or hate each other, at that. Or simply do nothing. We're all in the Pokemon Center, so our characters would likely be the first to be picked out by this guy, you know?))

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Episode 6: A cry for help?

Akira started to go into Route 202, but decided to look back. He was glad he did as he saw a man running his life depended on it, so Akira decided to follow him.

Of course Akira guessed the man was giong to the pokemon center based on the direction he was running, but he would never have seen what was about to happen to come to pass.

Akira ran into the pokemon center, but since his feet were wet, he slid across the floor, causing him to hit his head on a table. "Ow... what's going on here?" Asked Akira as he got up from the floor.

"I needed help, but a young lady said she'd do it. Not sure about the other two though." Said the man. Akira's eyes widened.

"Do you mean Racheal?" Asked Akira. The man looked confused. Akira sighed before saying. "The girl with the Gibble. You know, the one on the sofa?" And After saying that, he pointed to Racheal.

The man's eyes widened before he decided to say. "Yes, that's her."

Akira shook his head before walking over to a bench to sit down, but since his feet were still pretty wet, he slid and slammed into another table. The man started laughing a little before saying.

"What kind of trainer walks around barefoot?" Akira sighed knowing that this would be a long night.

(ooc: No offence to your character iLike2EatPiez, but that is how Akira would react. Oh, and this would happen just after Racheal said that she'd help. Oh, and by the way, Akira's helping, or he would've left again.)

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    A cry for help

As Beo sat in the pokemon center he looked over to another trainer who had a gible with her. Beo remebered seeing her at proffessor Rowans lab that day. He looked to his chimchar and chimchar nodded back "Well I guess your right flare it wouldn't hurt to talk to her seeing as how its pouring outside" Beo said to flare. As he got up to walk over to the girl a man burst into the pokemon center. Beo looked at the man as he seemed very upset and dripping wet.

"Please someone help me" the man yelled across the lobby.

"I wonder what this guy wants Flare" Beo said At that moment the man looked over towards Beo, and two other trainers, one of the being the trainer with the gible.

He pointed towards them " you three there you seem like tough pokemon trainers, would you please give your time and help me out i'm begging you" He said.

Beo looked to the other trainers and then decieded to at least see what the man wanted Beo always had a soft spot for people in trouble. Beo then turned back to the man "Sure i'll gladly land a hand" Beo said with a smile

"Chim---Char" Flare said happily. Beo waited to hear the other trainers responses.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    ((Guys, just as a heads up, this billybob/person needs about 2-4 people to help him.
    I'll adjust depending on how many say they want to do it..
    But yeah, this guy is a controllable NPC.
    I'll be using him to talk once a few people've said they'd help.
    -nods-

Is there actually anyone who wanted to move on?))

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Not many people come into a Pokemon drenched, whining and call for help. This was what Lucius thought. Putting away a novel that he had read and waking up his sleeping Buizel, Lucius packed his things into his backpack although he took time to organize his load and made his way to the man who had demanded help which a few trainers had already called into. A girl with a Gible had been the first though she did not look really happy to answer. Accompanying her was the blue haired trainer who also looked like he wanted to murder someone and stared at the drenched man. Lucius admitted to himself that being barefoot did not exactly make sense, and was about to give the girl his extra shoes. A short trainer reacted roughly as quickly as Lucius did, with an outgoing spirit. "Well sir, I would help as well, but informing us of the problem would be a great assistance." Lucius stated politely and in a calm gentle tone. One could sense uplifting naivety. A good comparison would be Lucius sounded much like Superman in his response. The storm that brewed made the conversation albeit dramatic and difficult to carry out efficiently.

OOC: My post looks short but I spent time on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Not offended at all, Ruubii Naruto. I'm all for in-character posts. Speaking of which...))

An Unlikely Alliance

Rachel looked at the three other trainers, suddenly aware that she had partners in this. Great, she growled to herself, Other people to make this even more bothersome. All interest in the Chimchar trainer began to fade, but she kind of had to work with him now, along with this other Buizel-trainer, and the guy who kept slipping on the floor like a clumsy idiot... Just great, she repeated mentally.

"Alright. Just tell us what you need us to do," she said to the man. It wasn't a request or a question. It couldn't be anything but a command, with that kind of a glare on her face.

Gible was now staring at the barefooted trainer, his head tilted to one side as if confused by his slipping about. He really seems interested in people, doesn't he? Rachel thought with a glance at her quiet, obedient little Pokemon.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    ((H'ok. No more people to help him. D:
    Really.
    I hope everyone actually reads my notes.
    o3o))

"Oh thank the heavens!" He shouted before rushing over to the trainers who'd agreed assistance.
    He was an older looking man, probably in his early 30's, with a patch of light brown hair on his head and wire-framed glasses.
    There were dark circles under his eyes, suggesting whatever the problem was had caused him great grief.

"Some goons have stolen some very important documents from me," he explained, "and I need to get them back at all costs!"
    The man was rushed. Panting and tripping over his words like some nerd who'd just won a science fair. Though this occasion appeared not to be something to celebrate about.

"I-if you'll follow me, you'll find the thugs just outside of Jubilife around Route 204!"

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "Ok, we will follow I assume, permitting all of us can cooperate." Lucius turned to the man without shoes. "I'd put shoes on, otherwise we may lose you in the rush. Also you may suffer a painful injury which could be inconvenient and expensive. And personally I would rather not spend time in a hospital. " Lucius attempted to be an unofficial leader to rally everyone together for the charge forward, however everyone seemed to act strangely at his gesture of goodwill and guidance. "If these documents are very important, I recommend we not waste too much time and advance forward at a good pace." Stepping into the storm, rain consumed the air and Lucius' normally light brown clothing became soaked and a dark brown as a result of the dampness. Lucius went a little ahead in order to insure the goons that stole the papers would not escape. With them in sight, Lucius called Buizel to point and whispered to him a minor plan. "Come on, waiting on you guys. I can't be sure what Pokemon they have." Lucius whispered at a high enough volume for the other trainers to hear.

OOC: Hope that's fine.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    OoC: Fine indeed. -nods-
    Let me get this info up now.

Team Galactic//.

Yes, they're finally here. (Not quite sure if its a good thing, or a bad thing.)

Anyhow, since there are 4 of you going, there will be 4 of them.
    1 for each of you.
    You will be battling them alone (this means that you cant win your battle, then 2v1 another person. It just 'aint fair even if they do steal!), and here are their stats. :}
    (note: If you do loose the battle, another person can take over for you.)

After all the battles are complete, one of you will have to say you found the papers, then bring it back to the "man/NPC/person".

You'll all recieve rewards DEPENDING on how well your post is.
    (i.e. The better the post, the better the items you get)

Their Pokemon?

Each member has 2 Pokemon. Each around level 7, and take note that all 4 of them have the same Pokemon.

1. Glameow

Level: 7
    Attacks: Fake-out, Scratch, Growl

2. Stunky

Level: 6
    Attacks: Scratch, Focus Energy, Poison Gas

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Into the Rain

Rachel stood up and headed for the exit to the Pokemon Center, tossing her empty soda-cup into a nearby trash can before following the others out. Immediately, the cold sensation of water pelting down on her came. It was harsh, freezing, unpleasant. She turned down to Gible and saw that he looked exceptionally uncomfortable, his navy-blue hide almost seeming to twitch under the unforgiving droplets.

"Gib..." he whimpered, displeased.

"Get over it," growled Rachel, her voice just as cold as the rain itself.

"Come on, waiting on you guys. I can't be sure what Pokemon they have," the Buizel trainer inisted.

There was something about that guy that angered Rachel. He was taking charge too soon. She didn't like him and his commanding tone, talking like he was smarter than everybody else...

"Who made you the leader?" she barked in a hostile tone. Once again she was in her angry, aggrivated mood, and she wasn't about to let some boy try to boss her around. Gible let out a small snarl at her feet. Whether it was of anger at the Buizel-trainer or at the rain, Rachel didn't know or didn't care.

((OOC: Just trying to RP in-character... Rachel's the type to act difficult here, so... Yeah. And I'll post a Galactic battle after another post; I want to give Got-a-Plan-B a moment to have Lucius respond... :P))

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Piez: Its good to stay in character.
    For a while I was worried that your character was changing.. I kind of prefer to have a few rough 'n' tough trainers.

Everyone please 'scuse me for about 30 minutes.
    I need to e-mail my band teacher and say something along the lines of;
    "Theres no way I'm having Jazz Band today because its pouring rain. K-bye."

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "I believe your attitude is a tad out of line." Lucius directed at the angry Gible trainer. "If we do not rush and defeat those guys in the strange and out of style outfits, I am pretty sure the man's papers will be lost to those who obviously do not have rights to those documents." Lucius turned to the members of the gang in the shiny outfits to insure they did not escape and then turned back to his rebellious comrades. "I am assuming they various types, and all of us have various types, so we can cover each other's weakness. So pardon me and my leadership, but if we all attack in one broad motion I am pretty sure we can beat the crap of out of them, get the guy's documents and maybe get a reward." Lucius tried to be a little less overbearing but it was clear to him the young girl and her talking head Pokemon would far too immature to deal with the fact some people know what they are doing. He sighed, realizing he was being too rude in his head. Maybe the girl had a bad history with people and dealt with it in a different manner than he did. It wasn't important, he prepped Buizel and prepared to charge in, with or without the others.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Plan B/Christian: Sorry for the late responce.
    My internet was being a prick and decided not to load, so I lost this about twice so far. -_-

Anyway, its interesting to see how the different characters mesh together.
    I suppose you could call your trainer and Piez's an "insoluable solution"?

Ha-ha..
    A bit of science humor for you there..
    I suppose the exams got to me more than I expected. >_<

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Emerald rested up in the Pokemon Center and departed early in the morning to continue his adventure. He wondered what he could do to get Shix's attitude to change. Maybe something would turn up in the future, he could only hope.

Emerald set off for his second route in his journey. He hoped it wouldn't be a disaster like the last route was. Shinx had turned out to be a ton of trouble so far to Emerald. First the horrible battle, and then the city attack. He had always imagined pokemon to be perfect little creatures. Maybe they were just like humans; so were good and some were bad, but they can change. Shinx, one day I will get you to respect me, Emerald vowed. Someday...

Emerald was suddenly slammed in the back. This time it wasn't Shinx, but something else. He flipped around a saw a pokemon that looked like a cat. A person in a weird space-looking costume was hovering over him. She had blue shoulder-length, and peircing red eyes. Before Emerald knew it, she was ontop of him and took both Eevee and Shinx's pokeballs.

"Hey, those are mine!" Emerald shouted. He jumped onto his feet and dived for the trainer. Her pokemon pounded him to the ground again. Emerald helplessly fell onto the ground and held his stomach in pain.

"Well, looks like you lost some pokemon, kiddie," said the trainer coldly. She laughed and began to walk off. Then Emerald saw a flash of red light and his Shinx appeared. She had come out of the pokeball by herself. She growled at the intruder and attempted to tackle her. Her pokemon leaped in front of her, protecting its trainer.

"Heh, this pokemon has a lot of spunk," said the person. "I hate it." Shinx leaped in the air and attempted to attack the pokemon. It shot out its tail and struck Shinx, causing it to fall back. The trainer looked at Shinx in disgust. "Well, if its a battle you want, then a battle you shall get. Glameow, go!" Her pokemon responded and got in battle stance.

Emerald managed to get on his feet again. "Shinx you gotta listen to me if you want to win. This pokemon-" Shinx leaped in the air before Emerald could finish. She was attempting a tackle attack on the Glameow. "Shinx, no!" shouted Emerald.

"Glameow, use fake-out then scratch!" shouted the trainer. Glameow perfomed an attack that caused Shinx to completaly freeze in her tracks then swiped her with her claws. Shinx cried out and fell back. Then Glameow charged forward with another scratch. Shinx got up and attempted a leer, but it was too weak for Glameow. She was pummeled to the ground again.

"Shinx!" Emerald shouted. "Please listen to me!" Shinx ran forward again out of fury and was taken down again by Glameow. Emerald watched in horror as his pokemon continued to get up, only to be slammed down by Glameow again. The pokemon was too strong for Shinx. Finally Shinx was too wore out, but the Glameow continued to attack.

Emerald fell to his knees as he watched his pokemon and heard her cries. He couldn't take it anymore. "STOP!!!" he shouted. "Don't do this anymore....quit hurting my pokemon you horrible person." Tears formed in Emerald's eyes. The person laughed.

"Well, that's enough satisfaction for one day," laughed the woman. "Here..." she threw the two pokeballs at Emerald. "Your pokemon are too worthless to steal." She then walked off, leaving Emerald and his critically hurt pokemon alone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Dragon's Rage (Part One)

"Hmph," Rachel simply puffed, turning away from the Buizel-trainer. She also murmured a curseword under her breath, but it was far too low and quiet for anyone to hear. One of the uniform-wearing men stepped up to her with a wicked grin on his stupid face.

"Think you can beat me in a battle, little girl?" he taunted, clutching a Pokeball in one hand.

"I'd like to see you beat me," she spat in reply, "Gible can take you with no problem."

At the mention of his name, her Dragon Pokemon stepped forward, opening its mouth to make a raspy sound that seemed like a failed attempt to roar. Unable to roar or not, however, he was still quite intimidating for such a small creature.

"Go, Glameow!" the man cried, chunking the Pokeball into the air. From it emerged a tall catlike Pokemon with a long coiled tail. It raised a paw to its face, licked it, and then turned to gaze at its foe with a sassy smirk curled onto its lips.

"Gible, start off with a Tackle!" Rachel commanded.

"Glameow! Fake-Out!"

As Gible ran at his foe, the feline suddenly leapt up and cuffed his head in a single harsh blow. Shaking his head, Gible rose ans flinched back. He didn't seem too harmed, but his attack had ended in failure.

"Try again, Gible!"

"Fake-Out, once more!"

The same exact process occured once more, and it became apparent that Tackle was not the way to go. If Gible couldn't get in for a close attack, there had to be something else... Of couse! Rachel remembered, He grew to Level Eight! Gible knows another move now...

"What's the matter? Scared?" the man asked slyly.

"Not at all," replied Rachel, "Use Dragon Rage!"

The reptillian Pokemon's eyes widened, as if in sudden recognition of the new technique. He nodded quickly, and then his eyes began to glow red.

"Glameow! Don't let it charge the attack! Ehm... Use Scratch?"

Rachel recalled that Fake-Out would only work a few times before the Pokemon being attacked wouldn't be so surprised by it any more and would simply continue attacking. But now, Scratch could perhaps do the same thing if Gible took it directly. He stood there, unmoving, his mouth opening wide, as a red orb of flame began to burn inside it, like his jaw was a torch. The Glameow came closer with unsheathed claws glinting in the rain. Closer... Closer... Come on, Gible! Rachel's mind screamed, Don't just stand there! Release the attack, you stupid--

"Gibb!!" Gible cried. In a burst of energy, the red flame blasted from his mouth, uneffected by the harsh, pelting rain. And Glameow, in its attempt to close in for a Scratch attack, happened to be right in front of him.

The feline took the full force of the blow, falling back and landing like a tattered doll on the street, all at the mercy of Gible's strongest attack. The man gasped, eyes wide, as he recalled his Glameow.

"But- But that isn't fair! Dragon Pokemon are too powerful for beginning trainers like you!"

"If that's the case, you would have beaten me," Rachel replied smartly.

At this, the man smiled. "Oh, but I'm not down and out yet. I've got one more Pokemon. How 'bout we make a deal? You win, I hand over the portion of the documents I've got. I win, and I get that Gible of yours. Sound good?"

"Hah," came Rachel's laugh, "As if you can beat my Dragon Pokemon. You're on!"

And the man tossed another Pokeball...

((OOC: In my next post I'll continue the battle. I just didn't want to make this one too long.))

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: Interesting.. I wasnt expecting you to add that kind of twist to your post. o3o
    I would say "good post", but what happened to 'ya couldnt really be considered good.
    I hope you and your Shinx are ok D:

EDIT: I'm not sure how to classify this..
    You did technically battle, though lost.
    o3o
    Bah, I'll be nice and say:

Your Shinx gained a level!

@Piez: Lawl, nice post so far. :}
    Yes, it is true, dragon pokemon pwn all.
    I'll give yerr Gible exp. after the entire battle is complete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Alrighty, then. Here comes another long battle-post of Gible-ish-ness. By the way, I think I'm enjoying the pace of this RPG... It's good to know at least for now it won't suddenly keel over and die, unlike some similar RPs...))

Dragon's Rage (Part 2)

From the Pokeball came a burst of familiar light that slowly materialized into another vaguely catlike Pokemon. However, this one had some completely un-catlike features as well. Sure, there were the whiskers, the ears, the claws... But its fur was all ragged, and it had a huge, furry tail that rose high into the air. Even in the rain, Rachel caught a whiff of a foul stenchemenating from the strange Pokemon. Yep. It's a skunk. It wasn't just that pale stripe down its deep purple body that implied this. It was obvious even though Rachel had never seen or heard of this Pokemon before.

"Let's see if your Gible can take my Stunky," the man said with confidence.

Rachel gave him her harsh glare in return. "Gible, let's wait and see what it does first," she told her Pokemon, wanting to strategize a bit. After all, last time she rushed into an attack without knowing her foe, the results were fruitless.

"Stunky, use Focus Energy," Stunky's trainer called calmly. The Skunk-Pokemon closed its big, ugly eyes and seemed to completely stop moving. It didn't even breathe. Just stood there, in deep concentration. Rachel dared not make Gible attack it now, in fear her Pokemon would suffer a blow like Glameow did when it got hit by Dragon Rage. Perhaps this was a mistake, though. "Now, use Scratch!" commanded the man.

Stunky, filled with a wild fury, darted toward Gible. "Dodge it!" Rachel wanted to scream, but it was too late. Three deep cuts for each of the Stunky's three dirty nails were laid into Gible's flesh. Her Pokemon fell over, writhing with the pain induced by the open red wounds.

"Get up!" she cried, "Get over it and get up!"

Gible grunted, looking clearly angered. While Rachel thought this anger was toward Stunky, however, she had not the slightest suspision her dear Pokemon could be upset at her for speaking to him with such unconcerned cruelty. All the same, Gible obeyed. He pulled himself onto his hind legs, gave Stunky a cold look, and directed his anger toward the foe.

"Focus Energy! One more hit like that and that Gible belongs to Team Galactic!" cried the man.

Team Galactic? Rachel asked herself, confused. But she said nothing of it aloud. Stunky crouched low and concentrated once more. Only this time, Rachel knew what to expect.

"Quick, Gible! Attack it! Use Scratch before it's done focusing!"

Just as her little Dragon came in close, though, this "Team Galactic" guy must've gotten an idea.

"Stunky! Stop and use Poison Gas!"

Immediately, the skunk's eyes split open. It let out a low "Skuuuun!", shook its tail, and seemingly from nowhere a huge cloud of noxious, foul-reeking gas. The purple stuff fogged around the two Pokemon for a few seconds, and then cleared away. Stunky took a few backwards leaps to distance itself from Gible, who look as if he were about to puke. He retched and gagged a few times, then spat out a wad of saliva. Rachel caught a flash of a purplish color in it. That could only mean one thing. Gible was poisoned. It was only a matter of time before he fainted, and then she would lose the match. Then, without Gible, my journey's over... she realized painfully.

"Gible, don't give in!" she insisted, "You can't let it hit you again! Sand-Attack!"

Clutching his head in his hands (paws?), Gible shook himself once and tried to grasp his focus. He growled softly, summoning forth a wisp of sand, and then, suddenly, something happened. The wet rain splashed on the sand, sending it up in muddy splatters. No! It won't work! Rachel worried in deperation. Wait a second... That's it! Stunky must be a Poison-Type, so...

"Gible, keep the attack up! Not Sand-Attack! Mud-Slap!"

Her Pokemon didn't seem to get the 'Mud-Slap' command, but he did as he was told, and that was exactly the attack he executed. Tan-tinted mud splashed onto Stunky. It was a Ground-Type attack, and judging by how it appeared to effect Stunky, the skunk Pokemon definately was a Poison-Type.

"Stunky! Scratch! Quick!"

"Again, Gible! Mud-Slap!"

Once more the sands for Sand-Attack appeared, and once more the rain turned them into mud. Stunky, tired out from the battle, gave into the super-effective attack, and rolled over on the ground in what seemed like pain.

"Finish it off! Scratch!"

Gible obeyed. And just like that, the battle was over.

The man recalled his Stunky, cursing with rage. "Fine! You can have these stupid papers! And your Gible, too!"

He wordlessly walked up to Rachel, stuffed a bag that had been on his shoulder into her hands, and stomped away. Curiosuly, Rachel opened the bag to see if these really were the documents or if this happened to be a trick. Inside was a clump of important-looking papers. Thank Arceus. I was not in the mood to have to chase that moron down!

"Bul," grunted Gible, clumsily making his way back to his trainer only to trip over his own feet. Rachel watched as he hacked up another disgusting wad of poison-saliva.

"Get back in the Pokeball," she said simply. And in the rain, Rachel recalled her sick Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back