• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Episode 7: Team Galactic

After Akira slided out the door, Chris saw the Buizel Trainer, and Racheal arguing on who's to become leader when a Galactic Trainer walked up to him.

"You will return those papers or else." Said the Grunt as he sent out a Stunky. Akira started laughing at this.

"You think you can beat me with a skunk?" Asked Akira as he sent out his Shinx. Shinx's rivalry took effect as the Stunky was male.

"Grrr... Stunky, use Poison Gas!" Yelled the Grunt. Stunky smiled before letting out the gas. Akira's eyes widened before yelling.

"Dodge the Gas, if you breathe it in, then you'll get poisoned!" Shinx jumped back from the cloud of poison, and waited for any movement.

"Stunky, use Scratch!" Yelled the Grunt. Both could hear the Stunky moving as it ran to attack.

"Shinx, use tackle when you see Stunky emerge!" Yelled Akira. Shinx listened and waited for the time to strike. A minute later Stunky decided to come out and try to scratch Shinx, but the dog-like pokemon Tackled Stunky before anything could happen. The grunt smirked before saying.

"Use Poison Gas, then Scratch!" Stunky fired the gas, poisoning Shinx, then scratched Shinx for a lot of damage.

"No! Stay up!" Yelled Akira, but Shinx fell unconscious. "No! Return!" The grunt laughed before going towards Akira. "Go Piplup! Surprise Attack!" Yelled Akira once more. Piplup used Pound on Stunky knocking it out.

"Grrr... Return!" Yelled the Grunt before sending out his Glameow. "Go, Glameow!" And in a burst of light, a cat with a long curled tail was released.

"Use Fakeout, Glameow!" Yelled the Grunt.

"Use Pound, Piplup!" Yelled Akira. Both attacks slammed into each other causing both to be pushed back. Glameow, however looked a lot less tired then Piplup, who had to use more power to keep up.

"Heh, use Fakeout once more!" Yelled the Grunt.

"Use Pound once more, but use all of your power!" Yelled Akira. Both pokemon slammed into each other, but Piplup's attack was a lot stronger then Glameow's and it broke through slamming into Glameow's side quickly knocking it out.

"D-darn it, I was too overconfident." Yelled the Grunt before running away, the coward. But a second later Piplup fainted as well.

"Well, I beat mine. Hope the rest of you are having good luck with your opponents." Said Akira as he went back into the Pokemon Center to heal his pokemon.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Piez: Rofl.. I'm telling you the evolved form of Stunky makes a VERY strange noise upon being summoned.
    ANYHOW.

Congratulations!
    Gible gained 3 levels!

@Rubii Naruto: Not bad, but it seems to be more of a script type post.
    Anyway,
    Congratulations!
    Shinx grew to level 6!

Piplup grew to level 7!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "Ok! You!" Lucius hollered directing his attention to the members of the Team Galactic. "Return the stolen papers this very moment!" The terrorists stared at each other and then laughed at Lucius' plea. Eventually a tall member conflicted Lucius directly while the others attacked the trainers that had joined him.

"What are going to do even we say no?" The Galactic member inquired while getting in Lucius face, particularly spitting in the face of the brown clothed trainer. The man's green hair seemed to glow under the street lights and his grin just screamed evil.

"I'll fight for it!" Lucius said proudly, pushing back the Galactic member and prepared to punch the member in the face. However, a cat-like Pokemon emerged from the fallen terrorists' Pokeball. Lucius was prepared for a battle, by summoning Buizel from his side. A stare-down in the rain occurred but then Glameow caused Buizel to flinch back and attack with a nasty tackle-like attack. "A Fake-Out?" Lucius wondered, and the opposing trainer laughed wholeheartedly. Buizel gathered itself from the floor, and gathered water from the rain. With loads of ammunition on hand, Buizel unleashed a high-pressure Water Gun attack, connecting directly with Glameow's face. With no end in sight, Buizel continued to lay on the water pressure and advanced step by step in order to make the attack ever so more direct. In a matter of a few moments, Buizel literally stood face to face with the cat Pokemon, with a stream of constant water streaming from his mouth. Using amazing heart, Glameow escaped the water barrage and scratched the weasel Pokemon across the face. Hunched over in pain, Buizel responded in rage with a glowing tail Sonic Boom attack that caused a prompt defeat for the Galactic grunt.

"Impossible. Glameow was a strong follower. Here take on Stunky!" From the lights of the released Pokeball, a skunk of a pokemon emerged. Lucius smiled, seeing how Buizel towered over the Pokemon. Buizel began the assault with a mighty stream of pressured water, achieving a bulls-eye with Stunky's face. The pressure pushed back the Stunky back and back, unable to stand its ground to counterattack. "Poison Gas!" The grunt yelled out-loud. From the body of the opponent, purple fumes entered the air. Buizel turned to its trainer, wondering how to react. Before Lucius could explain his idea, Buizel held its breath and rushed through the gas and unleashed another Water gun, which the Stunky avoided with surprising agility. The opponent paused and seemed to focus on Buizel, which Buizel noticed and gathered energy for a Sonic Boom attack. The waves of energy emerged from the tail of the weasel attack and defeated the purple Stunky.

"Now, hand over the papers!" Lucius demanded grasping the collar of the grunt. The Galactic member reached into his pocket and handed over the stolen documents and Lucius threw the man back in anger. Lucius turned to his partners and yelled: "Got em!"

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Just an extra post for after the battle...

Emerald was on his knees next to his hurt pokemon. This was never how he envisioned a Pokemon Journey. When his father and brother came home from their journeys once in a while, they displayed that it was the best thing to possible happen to them.

Emerald found a place to rest with Shinx next to a small creek. She wasn't hurt so bad that it was life threatening, just extremely painful. Emerald remembered everything that happened just recently with Shinx. He realized that she was the reason his journey was being such a disaster right now because of everything she did. He wondered if he should let his first pokemon go and forget about her.

No, not yet, thought Emerald. I'm not giving up that easily. He took out an extra shirt from his bag and soaked it with water. Then he placed it on Shinx hoping it would help sooth her pain a little bit. Soon Shinx began to come around. She tried to stand and attack her trainer like she always did, but Emerald just pushed her back down.

"Shinx, you need to rest," said Emerald. The pokemon just stared at him and gave up. Emerald just frowned at his pokemon. "Shinx, I don't know why you act like this all the time. Why do you hate me so much?" The pokemon just looked away. "Look, it doesn't matter how much you hate me because I'll always respect you. You have the potential to be a great pokemon, you just don't show it too well." Shinx looked at Emerald. Emerald smiled at her. "As weird as it sounds, you saved Eevee and yourself back there when that crook tried to steal you guys. You may have lost, but you were really brave to keep on battling like that."

Shinx looked at Emerald for a second until Emerald said one last thing. "Shinx, we could beat that crook together next time if you just trust me." Shinx let her master's words sink in before going back to sleep.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Plan B/Christian: I love the use of description in this post, I must say.

EDIT:
    GAH. Forgot to level up yerr Buizel D:

Congratulations!
    Buizel grew to level 12

If I'm correct I think thats 3/4 people who've battled with the Grunts to get back the papers..
    I'll hand out the rewards thus far. (After I've responded to Pika's post)

@Pika: Though these kind of situations are pretty cheesy in my opinion, Shinx had to warm up to Emerald eventually. So all in all, its not quite a bad thing.
    -nods-
    You'll get 'em next time!

H'ok.
    REWARD TIME.

Piez =
    - 2 potions
    - TM 2 (Dragon Claw)
    - 1 Great Ball

Rubii Naruto =
    - TM 13 (Ice beam)
    - 1 Great Ball
    - 1 Antidote

Plan B/Christian =
    - TM 3 (Water Pulse)
    - 2 Great Balls

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Oh yeah! That reminds me; do our Pokemon need to have only four moves total, or will there just be a sort of list of all the moves they know and can use, once there's more than four? I just want to know before Gible learns DragonClaw and then learns a new level up move.))

Before waiting for anything else to happen, Rachel needed to get Gible to the Pokemon Center. That was apparent. So, she walked over to the man who needed the papers (who happened to be watching ehr and teh other trainers battle), shoved the bag in his hands, and walked off without a word.

There wasn't much distance between where they had battled and the Pokemon Center. In fact, it was barely a block away. All the same, that one block equated to a few minutes of coldness, wetness, and loneliness.

When Rachel stepped in, she reaized just how wet she was. The A/C of the Pokemon Center made her feel more cold than she had been outside, and her soaked clothes dripped immediately to form a watery puddle on the tiled floor. The Nurse Joy behind the counter gasped, a surprised look on her face.

"What on earth were you doing out in the rain for so long? You could catch a cold, you know!"

"Look," Rachel said, feeling by this point exhausted, annoyed, and ready for bed. "All I need is for you to heal my Gible again. And I'd like to stay a night here. That's it. You're not my mom, and what I don't need is a lecture on staying out in the rain."

"Well..." the nurse mumbled hesitantly, as if she hadn't expected such a hostile response from a thirteen-year-old girl. "What happened to it? I'm assuming you just had a big battle?"

"Yeah. He's poisoned and hurt. Could you just get him healed and let me go to bed? Please?"

"Send him out of his Pokeball," Joy said in an unexpectedly stern tone.

Rachel did as she was told, pulling a moist, metallic, cold-to-the-touch Pokeball from her pocket. She pressed the button in the center, and Gible appeared on the countertop, unconscious. The nurse's eyes widened.

"Why would you let your Pokemon get in such a state?!" she cried.

"It's not like I had a choice! That guy wanted us to battle these thugs! I couldn't just turn around and run away, now could I?"

"All the same, this is not how you should be treating your Pokemon. The way you talked about your Gible, as if he were just a tool or a toy... No wonder it's hurt so bad!"

"For the last time, lady," Rachel said, "Take care of him, and let me go to sleep."

The nurse sighed. "Fine. It's your loss if your Pokemon doesn't want to battle for you anymore. But I won't let you go to bed like that. There's blankets on one of the couches, and warm tea at the soft drink machine. Go warm yourself up, and then you can get a room."

Rachel snorted with displeasure, but obeyed Nurse Joy. She found herself sitting on the same couch as before, wrapped in a warm blanket and sipping hot tea. Only this time, she was completely alone.

((OOC: If the "rewards" were being given out by any particular person, like the guy who needed the documents, that person can come by the Pokemon Center later I guess and give them to Rachel. If the characters just "get" the rewards from nowhere, that works too, I guess...))

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    Route 203 post

@Piez: Sorry only 4 moves D:
    I like to add my own twist to things, but after a while, everyone would run around with Pokemon having like 50 moves. <- isnt cool.

Anyhow, its interesting to see the growth of Rachels character, though it is sad.
    Aww. D:
    I HOPE GIBLE STILL LIKES YOU.
    I'm cheering for you Rachel! o3o

I'd say hand over the papers to the fellow, he gives you the rewards, then head to route 203.
    WHICH IS IN THIS POST :D
    Yay.

Route 203//.

Posts required: 1-2 for route 203, then 1 for the tunnel.
    Description: Despite being so close to a big town, this path retains its relaxed, natural atmousphere.
    Once one gets through the tunnel, the city of Oreburgh is just a stone's throw away.

Pokemon found on the route:

Bidoof

Level: 4-6
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Simple/Unaware
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl
    Nature: Random
    Rate: Common

Shinx

Level: 4-5
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Intimidate/Rivalry
    Attacks: Tackle, Leer
    Rate: Uncommon

Abra
    Level: 4-5
    Type: Phychic
    Ability: Synchronize/Inner Focus
    Attacks: Teleport, Confusion
    (Since teleport isnt an attack, I threw in Confusion)
    Rate: Rare

Starly

Level: 4-6
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack (if level 5)

Kricketot

Level: 4
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Attacks: Growl, Bide

Zubat

Level: 5
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Leech Life, Supersonic

After everyone posts at least once or twice, I will fill in the Tunnel's details.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Team Galactic

Beo listened as the man told him and the other trainers about a group of men who called themselves team galactic stole a bunch of important papers. "If these papers fell into the wrong hands then who knows what woud happen" the man said. Beo watched as he the other trainers took off to find these members of team galactic, then theold man approached Beo "Now I want you to go a separate way, head back towards Route 202 one of them took off that way" the man said. Beo looked to flare then back to the man "Ok i'll hurry there right now.

On his way to route 202 Beo thought of how the other trainers were doing against these guys, he also wondered what this so called evil team were up to and why they needed this man papers. When Beo finally reached Route 202 he saw a man in the distance wearing a blue bandana talking into a phone, Beo got close enough so he could hear. "Ok i'm on my way back to the base I just got a little side tracked" the man said as he closed the phone. Beo ran towards the man "so your one of the team galactic memebers that stole the papers" Beo shouted. The man looking at Beo a little startled "Ha so what it's not like a little kid like you will stop me from taking them back to base" the galactic memeber chuckled at that thought. "Well will just have to see" Beo said as he pointed for flare to get ready for battle. " "Haha fine then take this go zubat" the galactic member said while throwinga pokeball out.

"Chim-char" Flare shouted getting ready to battle

"Ok Flare use tackle" Beo ordered as flare charged in toward the zubat

The galactic member laughed "Ok Zubat dodge and use bite" he ordered

Flare jumped to tackle the zubat but it fly up and Flare just missed it. Then the zubat swooped down and bite flare in the back before he had a chance to reset.

"Ah flare dont give up turn around and use ember" Beo yelled

"Zubat use screech to block the ember back" the galacti member yelled

Flare turned quickly arund and started shooting flames from its mouth directly at zubat, zubat couldn't react quickly enough to block th flames and was hit directl plummiting to the ground.

"Now flare finish it with tackle" Beo ordered as flare run in and tackled the fallen zubat deeper into the ground.

"No way not my zubat" the galatic member said returning it to it's pokeball

"great job flare, now give me back the papers Beo yelled, as flare returned to Beo's shoulder.

"Fine if you want them take them" the man said as he threw them then scurried away.

Beo quickly gathered up the papers and returned to the pokemon center to find the man. "Here you go sir" Beo said as he handed them to the man. A smile came upon his face "Ah great job just like all the other trainers all the papers have been returned safely" he said as waved goodbye and walked out of the center. Beo looked to flare "Well seems he was in hurry, and all of the other trainers succeded to wow thats great" Beo said laughing a bit. He then walked to the desk of th pokecenter "I'd like to get my pokemon healed real quick please" Beo asked Nurse Joy handing her his pokeballs. "Ok just have a seat over there and wait" she said walking to the back room. Beo went and sat down in the lobby waiting to get hi pokemon back so he could head towards Route 203.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Sabin awoke on the couch of the Pokemon Center that he had fallen asleep on. He noticed that the trainers that had previously been their had already left. Why am I always last to get up? Oh well, I guess I got to go to the east, seeing as the north route is only passable with a pokemon that can break rocks. At least, thats what I heard. Sabin clumsily got up from the couch and walked out of the Pokemon Center. Jubilife was still buzzing with activity and people where seen hurriedly rushing from place to place. While others where just slowly walking in a way that said "Sure, I don't care where I end up, what's it to you?" Sabin was not one of those people. Running full speed to the east exit of the city, he had mixed feelings about going to Oreburg. It seemed that would be the closest gym, but he also might accidentally meet his family...

"Hey trainer, you want to have a battle," asked a girl that was a bit younger than him.

"I'm in a bit of a hurry," Sabin replied, hoping to not be slowed down.

"For your information, I wasn't asking. I was just trying to be polite, you still have no choice whether to battle or not," the girl said this in an annoying tone as she sent out a shinx. Sabin responded by letting kricketot out of it's pokeball. After Sabin ordered his kricketot to use his bide attack, it was struck by the girl's shinx with a powerful tackle. Kricketot continued to absorb the attacks that came from the blue lion like pokemon. Then, after another successful tackle from the opposing pokemon, kricketot unleashed it's stored energy and easily fainted the shinx.

"You might have downed shinx, but I still got this guy!" the girl said as she released her second pokemon from it's pokeball. A small bird like pokemon emerged from the red light that came from the pokeball.

"Starlystar!" it shouted as it tackled Sabin's pokemon. If it knows any flying moves I'm done for. Maybe if I lower it's attack enough...

"Kricketot, keep using growl." Sabin said with a hint of sadness in his voice. He knew that this strategy would likely result in his kricketot fainting. After a few growls, the starly's trainer ordered it to use wing attack. Despite it's attack being much lower it still quickly fainted the kricketot.

"Turtwig, use tackle!" Sabin shouted the moment his other pokemon was released from it's pokeball.

"Starly, finish this with wing attack!" The pokemon rushed toward each other at full speed, both attacks hitting there opponent. Looks like my strategy of using growl worked. The two opponents continued their assults, resulting in one left standing and the other being returned to it's pokeball in defeat.

"Way to go turtwig, we did it!" Sabin said, overjoyed. "Sorry little guy," he said in a more solemn tone to the pokeball that held his kricketot.

"We'll meet again, and next time you won't be so lucky!" The girl said as she walked back to Jubilife. We'll see about that.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @dboring: You didnt really read the descriptions of Team Galactic I see.
    This being the case, I cant really give you a good reward.
    Anyhow,
    Flare grew to level 7.
    Flare learned ember.

Reward:
    - 2 great balls
    - 2 potions

@Mr. Person:
    Pretty good post, I must say. -nods-
    Though for future notice, Starly doesnt know Wing Attack until a later level.. If it was at that level, it could easily 1 hit KO both of yerr pokemon. D:

ANYHOW.
    Kricketot grew to level 6!

Turtwig grew to level 9!
    Turtwig learned Absorb.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Emerald packed up camp and continued to walk down the path. He was pretty confident that Shinx was well enough to battle if she needed to. Emerald wasn't sure if he broke through to her or not. He figured he would just have to wait and see.

Emerald walked down the grassy path until a trainer blocked his way. "Hey, kid, wanna battle?" The trainer was a girl who looked sixteen. The most noticable things the girl had were large blue eyes and long brown hair. She was holding a red and white pokeball in her hand.

"Sure," responded Emerald. He reached down for a pokeball and then paused. He was unsure of who to pick. He wasn't completely sure that Shinx's attitude had went away and he hadn't even had an official battle yet with Eevee. Emerald reached for Eevee's pokeball and then his other pokeball clicked open. His Shinx appeared on the field.

"Shinx!" Emerald shouted. Shinx turned around and looked at Emerald looking at him with a serious expression. "Shi shinx," it said. Emerald nodded. He wasn't totally sure what his pokemon said, but the way she said it sounded friendly. Maybe it was what Emerlad thought it was...

"A shinx, eh?" said the girl. She threw her own pokeball out on the field. "Well, it's no match for my bidoof!" She threw the pokeball and her pokemon appeared. It looked completely ready for battle.

Emerald remembered going against one of these things before. He hoped this battle with Shinx would be better than the last. He decided to give it a try. "Uh, Shinx, tackle," commanded Emerald. His pokemon went charging after Bidoof. She slammed the pokemon into the ground. Emerald was completely shocked that she took an order from him.

"Hmp, c'mon Bidoof, use tackle back!" shouted the trainer. Her pokemon charged forward, hoping to re-deliver an attack.

Emerald smiled. "Hah, Shinx we both know that you're better than that. Use leer!" Shinx stared down the opposing pokemon, making it slow down. "Now do another tackle attack!" Shinx sped forward at Bidoof and they both slammed together. Bidoof went flying in the air while Shinx only slid back a little. Bidoof slammed down on the ground and was completely out. The trainer called back her pokemon and walked off.

Emerald ran up to his pokemon. "Shinx, you were amazing back there. You totally wiped the floor with that pokemon!" he exclaimed. His pokemon smiled and then slammed into Emerald, making him fall backwards. Emerald was shocked at first, but then began to laugh at his Shinx.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Talk about Rewards

OOC: I am aware that I am refusing to catch Pokemon, but I am holding off in favor of Pokemon that are original and are not my other Trainer Cards and that everyone else doesn't have. Also I am waiting for Pokemon that Lucius would actually catch. For the TM, I would like to forget Water Sport and learn Water Pulse.

With Team Galatic defeated and out of the way at least for now, Lucius returned the owner of the stolen papers. Along with the rest of the group, the papers were given to the middle aged man. Lucius could hear most of the trainers pushing for the reward he promised and impatience could be sensed. The only person that left without receiving their reward was the little evil girl with the dragon. She seemed to be rushing back to the Pokemon Center, probably because her careless leaping forward got her Pokemon beat. Her lack of respect for Lucius and skillful planning made Lucius for the first time in his life not really care. He had to head to the Center himself, but Buizel's strong will gave him enough strength to hold off, at least for now. The man was grateful and Lucius bowed to his kind words of appreciation. He was real specific in his rewards, seemingly giving each trainer an unquie and customized reward. Lucius didn't mind, after all he received a TM containing Water Pulse, a great move for Buizel and 2 Great Balls, which would be useful in catching a strong Pokemon for Lucius' party.

Lucius returned to the Pokemon Center, taught Buizel the move Water Pulse, and then decided to heal up his singular Pokemon before heading out. By the time the business was all said and done, the storm had cleared up and the sun beamed its powerful rays upon Sinnoh once more. The heat made the floods of water than had once stained the Earth small puddles upon the city streets. The bright lights emitted by the sun heated the Earth, but not to a ridiculous temperature but a nice cooler temperature. No longer was the city frigid in rain, but the conditions were tolerable and Lucius made his way to Route 203. The Route was fairly small and full of wild Pokemon and of course in typical fashion, a daring Starly made its way to Lucius' feet and demanded battle for no reason. Buizel was more than ready and prepared for a small fight, knowing full well it outclassed the wild bird. The bird made a bold move off the bat with a lighting fast Quick Attack that caught Buizel when it lacked focus. Knocked back a few feet, Buizel tested out its new abilities with a Water Pulse. The attack unleashed small waves off hydro energy that made direct contact with the opponent. Covered in water and badly wounded by the Buizel's lack of mercy, the Starly attempted to retreat. Seeing the battle would have no clear cut winner, Buizel charged forward with a Pursuit attack, driving the innocent bird into the merciless dirt ground. Starly was promptly defeated and Buizel claimed another victory for its trainer.

"You could went a little more gentle there." Lucius stated, before advancing forward to his next destination.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Venom-Phobia

The bright morning sun stung Rachel's eyes as she took her first step out of the Jubilife Pokemon Center. The events of the first hour since she woke up had been rather bothersome. First, when she came to pick up Gible, Nurse Joy wouldn't just let her off the hook without a few more complaining words. Then, the man whom she'd returned the papers to gave her a few things as a reward. While him talking to her was annoying, Rachel did get something useful out of it: TM02-Dragon Claw. She'd used the CD-like device on Gible as soon as possible before heading out.

Just then, she sneezed. Of course. Worst of all, this reminded her, she indeed had caught a bit of a cold. Luckily Nurse Joy didn't seem to notice, but if she had... Ugh. Rachel didn't want to think about how long she would have been forced to stay in that stupid Pokemon Center. That didn't matter, though, now. She was back on the road. A little cold wasn't going to stop her now, or ever for that matter.

Within a few minutes, the expansion of Route 203 lay before Rachel. Trees and bushes were all about, but there was a clear path of green grass for her to walk on. She even noticed a few of the other trainers battling. Perhaps she could get by while they were occupied and not have to do any battling herself...

Indeed, there was little need for her to even be prepared. A Bidoof crossed her path once, growling as if itching for a fight.

"Gible, Dragon Claw!" Rachel had commanded.

Despite Nurse Joy's words, Gible obeyed without question, eager to test out his new move, and the Bidoof was given a powerful blow to remember. It scurried off before the battle could be finished, and Rachel decided to let it be. A Bidoof wasn't worth her time, anyways.

As the pair proceeded (Gible now tagging along outside of his Pokeball), no wild Pokemon thought it wise to bother Rachel and her fierce-looking Dragon Pokemon. Luckily, no other trainers passed her by, as she did take a rather secluded path onward. Before long, the dark, gaping enterence to a tunnel appeared before her.

"Well... Looks like this is the way to Oreburgh," Rachel said absent-mindedly to nobody in particular.

All of a sudden, from the darkness of the cave, something airborne emerged. It was blue in color, with purple, leathery wings, and a constant twittering sound kept echoing from its open mouth. A Zubat, she inquired, And it's headed right for us.

"Dragon Rage," Rachel commanded, looking down at Gible. But to her surprise, the lizard Pokemon shook its fin-crested head vigorously.

"What? Didn't you hear me? Attack it!"

Rachel was growing worried that Joy's words had been true. The Zubat hovered in the air nearby, recognizing the challenge. Gible gave it a glance, then looked back up at Rachel, eyes wide with fright and nervousness.

"Gib..." he sighed, sounding nothing less than scared. Then it hit her. Gible must've known Zubat was a Poison-Type. And he remembered what happened with Stunky the previous night...

"So what if it's a Poison Pokemon? I doubt it even knows any poisonous attacks with the level it's probably at! Don't just stand there! Dragon Rage!"

But to her dismay, Gible let out a pathetic whimper and shivered. He now looked as if her were about to cry; instinct telling him to stay away from the Zubat while his trainer insisted that he attack it.

"Well, fine!" Rachel shouted (quite loudly, in fact), "If you aren't going to do anything about it, then I will!"

She grabbed the first thing she could think of and chunked it at the Zubat, only to realize a split second after sending the object flying that she had grabbed a Pokeball from her belt. It was too late to stop anything, though, because the ball hit its target right in the head, split open, and trapped the bat Pokemon inside. Rachel groaned. Oh, great, she thought in dismay.

((OOC: So... Will she get a new Pokemon by accident or continue to be held up at the tunnel entrance...? I can't wait to find out!))

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Episode 8: The Man in the Cloak (Part 1)

After getting his pokemon healed, the guy from earlier came back. Akira then gave the man his papers back.

"Thank you for getting my papers back, sir." Said the man as he pulled out some items. And what he pulled out was a TM 13, a great ball, and an Antidote. "Here, take them."

"No, I couldn't." Said Akira backing up a little. But the man smiled and put the items in Akira's hand.

"Trust me, you'll need these items in the future." Said the man as he went towards the others. Akira looked at the items before putting them into his bag.

As Akira walked out into Route 202 he felt as if he was being watched, but he didn't know where the person was. When suddenly, a man in a cloak came out of nowhere and asked. "What are you doing here?" Akira ignored the man and kept walking. But the man grabbed Akira's shoulder and punched him hard.

"Gaah, what was that for?" Asked Akira to the man, but the man just snorted and said.

"You still have a lot to learn kid." The man then pulled out a pokeball. "You have a lot of nerve to challenge Team Galactic, but you are too weak. If you want to get stronger then you need to catch only approximately four more pokemon, for too many will slow you down." The man then summoned a Starly (ooc: Level 3) "Now, if you can defeat me, I'll let you pass. But if you fail then you go home. Akira then saw three more pokeballs on the man's belt.

"Fine then, what are the rules?" Asked Akira. The man waited for a minute before saying...

"We use all of our pokemon, and we battle until one faints."

Akira sighed before pulling out a pokeball. "Go, Piplup!" Yelled Akira summoning the little penguin.

"Pip lup." Said Piplup getting ready for battle. The man presumably smirked as he stepped back.

"Are you a beginner by any chance?" Asked the man. Akira growled but nodded. "Starly, use Fly!" Akira gasped as Starly flew upwards, most likely to wait for the chance to strike.

"Oh, crap. This guy's out of our league, he has to have at least three badges." Said Akira to Piplup. Piplup just kept her eyes on Starly.

"Starly, now!" Yelled the man. Starly dove like a hawk and slammed into Piplup, but since Starly wasn't really raised too much, it didn't do much damage.

"Piplup, use Pound before Starly gets too far!" Yelled Akira. Piplup was barely able to do it, but she slammed into Starly, knocking it out.

"Hmph, good job. Now come on out Shinx." Said the man as he tossed another pokeball out. And in a flash, the dog emerged in full glory. "I'll let you have one move, before your Piplup will faint."

"You'll regret that! Piplup, use Pound!" Yelled Akira. Piplup rushed over there and pounded Shinx, for quite a bit of damage.

"Fufufufu, Shinx, use Thunderbolt." Said the man. The man's Shinx sent out a large bolt of lightning. Piplup was barely able to dodge it, but the enemy Shinx was standing tall.

"I can say this with ease, this guy is defenitely not an ordinary trainer." Said Akira as Piplup got up, Piplup glared at Shinx in a hateful way.

"Shinx, use Thunderbolt once more." Said the man. Shinx fired the bolt of lightning and it quickly traveled towards Piplup, who has already started to jump, but would Piplup be able to escape in time?

To be continued...

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Out of the City, On to Route 203!

Jacob slowly woke up in the Pokemon Center, seeing many of the other trainers he met with Rowan sitting on the couch, covered in dirt and soaked.

"Hmm, wonder what happened to them," He thought to himself.

Jacob strolled out of the Pokemon Center, and knew where to go next.

"Out to Route 203!"

As Jacob walked down the steps to the Route, he saw many trainers sitting around, looking anxious to battle.

"I should catch another Pokemon first, a team of two isn't good for much," Jacob thought.

Jacob looked through the grass, but to no avail, there wasn't a Pokemon in sight. Jacob proceeded to back out of the grass, until he bumped into something.

"Oh I'm sor-AH!!! WHAT IS THAT!" Jacob screamed at the sight of a very peculiar Pokemon.

"Abra, the Psi Pokemon. It sleeps for 18 hours a day. It uses a variety of extrasensory powers even while asleep."

"Wow, a Psychic type Pokemon! This would be an awesome addition to our team. Well, the only way to catch it is to weaken it first. Come on out Starly!" Jacob spoke aloud.

Through the usual white light, Jacob's new Starly landed in front of him. It was riled up, and the first thing it did was Tackle Jacob.

"What the heck was that for Starly? You are supposed to attack the Abra, not me!" Jacob yelled.

"Star, starly!" The Starly said, with a hint of laughter thrown in.

"Alright Starly, use Tackle attack!"

Starly rushed towards Abra, but it Teleported away.

"Woah, it can use Teleport?! How cool is tha-" Jacob started, but all of the sudden Jacob's Starly was surrounded by a blue light, and lifted into the air.

"What the heck is that!"

Starly was thrown into the ground, hard.

"Get up Starly, I know you can do it!"

Starly barely was able to get up, but it could take only one last hit.

"Now, Tackle one more time!"

Starly managed to scrape Abra, but it managed to dodge most of the damage. It then proceeded with another Confusion attack, knocking Starly out.

"Come on Starly, take a nice rest. Let's go Pikachu!"

Pikachu appeared in front of Jacob.

"This should be easy for you, just like your mom was easy for your dad!"

Pikachu shocked Jacob, but Jacob knew he deserved it.

"Okay, that hurt, but I deserved it. Now use Thundershock!"

Abra dodged this easily, and proceeded to use Confusion.

"Pikachu, while it's focused, use Thundershock again!"

Pikachu landed a direct hit on Abra, who lost focus of it's powers.

"Now, Shock Wave!"

Abra teleported, but because Shock Wave can't be dodged, it landed hard.

"Great job Pikachu!"

Jacob threw a Pokeball at Abra. It shook back and forth, with the center flashing red and white. What would the outcome be?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Route 203 Part 1

After healing his pokemon at the pokecenter Beo exited the pokemon center in Jubilife City and headed towards route 203. Flare still sitting on his shoulder Beo looked up to him "Well Flare were making good progress here" Beo said. Flare nodded back, and started waving it's hands in the air for no apparent reason.

After a few minutes of walking through the town Beo came upon the Route 203 entrance. "OK flare here we go" Beo said while scratching the back of his head. As flare and Beo kept on walking through the route they had no idea they were being watched by a trainer.

"Hmph that kid has a chimchar, I think we can take him what do you think charmander" The trainer said.

"Char char" the charmander said. As the trainer and him ran towards Beo and his chimchar.

Beo heared the running footsteps behind him and saw a trainer with a charmander standing there. "And who might you be" Beo asked. The trainer looked at Beo "You don't need to know that I just want to battle your chimchar versus my charmander" The trainer said with a grin on his face. "Well what do you think flare? Ready for a battle" Beo asked.

"Chim-chim-char" Flare said jumping up and down.

"Ok then lets do this flare" Beo yelled

"Good you'r going down, Charmander use agility and get in close enough to use Scratch" The trainer ordered.

"Flare watch the charmander carefully and wait for my instructions after that" Beo ordered.

The charmander started sprinting at an extreme speed towards Flare, while flare stood there watching carefully. The charmander cocked it's arms back ready to start scratching at flare.

"OK now flare use ember" Beo ordered. Flare started spitting flames from its mouth directly at the charmander.

"Hmph stupid move by a weak trainer, charmander dodge and use tackle" The trainer ordered. Charmander swiftly dodged the flames and tackled flare directly to the ground. "Ahh flare get up come on you can do this" Beo yelled. Flare rose up slowly but with an angry look on its face.

"Hmph he can't possibly last another strike charmander go ahead and use tackle again" The trainer ordered. The charmander jumped in the air ready to once again tackle flare.

"Ok listen flare now get set and when the charmander is about to hit you grab it" Beo ordered. As the charmander came into a foot away from flare, Flare quickly wrapped its arms around the charmander and held it in the air.

"No way charmander break free" the trainer ordered as charmander tried to break free of the grip.

"Flare use ember then slam it to the ground" Beo shouted with a grin on his face.

Flare shot flames from it's mouth right at the charmander weaking it, then lifted it the air and strongly whipping it to the ground. The charmander tried to get up but fainted back to the ground.

"No way charmander return, ugh great battle I hope to see you again by the way my names Ricky" Ricky said while returning Charmander to it's pokeball.

Beo ran in a picked up flare on his shoulder "Great job buddy, oh and same to you to my names Beo" Beo said smiling. As Ricky left the opposite way. Beo started making his way on route 203 with a smile across his face.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: Though I would have prefered that the post was a tad longer, considering the trainers here are going to be tougher, I still like your posts.
    SO.

Shinx grew to level 6!

@Piez:
    (Gible learned Dragon Claw)
    Gible grew to level 12!

While your post is certainly good enough to capture a Zubat, I'm really eager to find out what'll happen to Gible..
    But still want to give you the Zubat o3o (because it'll probably end up in Gible being scared for life. What with having a poison-type on his team).
    I'm leaving it up to you.

@Rubii: As a quick question, how could a guy get 3 badges with a Starly at level 3? o-O
    I noticed that off the bat and was like "What zee flip?"
    But other then that, it was quite a good battle. -nods-
    If your post is just being continued by you, or if your waiting for me to say if your Piplup made it or not.. That type of thing isnt up to me.
    You can either pull it off or not in your post.
    Anyway, I'll give you exp after you finish the battle.

@Jacob: Be careful when posting, as too much dialogue can make the whole thing look like a script.
    (uh oh!)
    Anyway, you caught a level 4 male abra.
    Please update yerr card.

Pikachu learned Shock Wave.

@Plan B/Christian: Though it was a short battle, I dont really see how you could make it any longer. Buizel is a far higher level then most of those Pokemon there, so it made sense. (It was still a good post, by the way!)

Buizel forgot Water Sport, and learned Water Pulse.

Buizel grew to level 12!

@dboring: Its pretty unlikely that a Charmander would be in the Sinnoh region.. but I suppose thats alright.
    Good post.

Flare grew to level 9!
    Flare learned Taunt!

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Emerald could not help himself. He leaped on his Shinx and hugged her tight. It was a little strange, but he was overexcited from his pokemon actually listened to him. He couldn't believe how much him and his pokemon had bonded after a short period of time. It was only the start at him and his pokemon becoming the best.

After a little celebating, Emerald continued his road to the next town and towards his first gym challenge. What was that town called again? Was he going in the right direction? Emerald sat on the ground and pulled at his hair under the hat out of frustration. He could have been going the wrong direction for all he knew. Soon, he saw mountains rise over the horizon. Emerald figured he would have to cut through the mountain to get to the next town.

Emerald searched for some sort of sign that would point him in the right direction. He cursed himself for not buying a map before leaving Jubilife. Emerald figured that it was because he was focusing more on Shinx's behavior in the city. As Emerald thought though, he figured a map wouldn't really help. He was never a geography guy; he was more of a math and science guy. But then Emerald saw something that was better than both a map and sign- a trainer.

Emerald waved his hand at the trainer. "Hey, buddy, can you tell me where the first gym challenge is at- at- at-"

"At Oreburgh?" The trainer laughed. He looked around fourteen with a green jacket on and spiked black hair. His eyes looked friendly, yet intense at the same time. "You're new to Sinnoh, aren't you?" Emerald nodded and the trainer grinned. "Well, lemme make you a deal; beat me in a pokemon battle and I'll lead you to Oreburgh. I know this region too well to use a map."

Emerald pulled out a pokeball. "You're on," said Emerald. He threw the pokeball out on the field and his beginner pokemon, Eevee, appeared.

"Hmm... Interesting pokemon, but you'll never beat my pokemon," said the trainer. He threw a pokeball out on the field and a pokemon that looked a monkey appeared. It had a hand as a tail and was using it to support its body. Emerald pulled out his pokedex. Aipom, the Long Tail Pokemon, it read. It uses its tail to pluck food that is out of reach. Its tail is more adept than its real hands.

"Its tail...Okay," mumbled Emerald. He held up his hand. "Eevee, use tackle attack on Aipom's tail!" Eevee charged forward, aiming at Aipom's tail.

"You aren't going to get away with that so easily," laughed the boy. "Aipom, use your tail to leap in the air and then use tackle on Eevee!" Aipom folded up its tail to spring in the air and then used gravity and force to perform a tackle attack on Eevee, making it a critical hit.

Eevee was hurting from the tackle attack really bad. Emerald had to think of something. "Eevee, use tackle again!"

"Did you not learn from last time? Aipom, do it again!" Aipom leaped in the air again and prepared to attack Eevee again.

"Now Eevee, hold firm and use a tail whip. Use it like a tackle attack!" Eevee waited for Aipom to come back down and then struck Aipom with his tail. Aipom went flying into a tree. The attack was definantly a critical hit. Aipom took a while to get up. It was hurting from the attack really bad.

"Aipom, finish this with a tackle attack! Slam Eevee to the ground!" Aipom ran forward and when it got close enough to Eevee, it raised its tail in the air, prepared to deliver the final attack. Emerald thought of a stragedy quick.

"Eevee, use their stragedy! Use your tail to spring in the air and then use tackle!" Just before Aipom delivered its attack, Eevee used his tail to spring in the air. He then used Aipom's stragedy and slammed Aipom down to the ground with tackle, KO'ing it.

The trainer called back his pokemon and walked over to Emerald. Emerald looked at him. "So... you know our deal. You gotta lead me to Oreburgh."

The trainer laughed. "You're going the right way. I was just messin with you!" Emerald's jaw dropped. The boy continued. "But it can be easy to get lost in the cave so I'll be happy to lead you through it."

Emerald nodded. "Okay, thanks, dude. Just one last question- What's your name?"

"My name is Braden, but we're wasting time here. Let's get going." Emerald nodded and they both headed off for Oreburgh City.

OOC: Is there anyway I could find an iron tail tm in my next post. I need it for my gym battle.

Last edited:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    Subchapter; Oreburgh Gate

As the title suggests (I'm putting the titles "up there" now.. unless I forget), this is the "gate" to Oreburgh.

Most of the cave isnt accessable until you get surf or strength, but since we probably wont be coming back here for some time, you wont need to worry about it.

Posts required: 1 (please, 2 at max. but I'd prefer just 1)

Pokemon Available//.

Geodude
    Level: 5-8
    Type: Rock/Ground

Ability: Sturdy/Rock Head
    Attacks: Tackle, Defence Curl, Mud Sport, Rock Polish (if level 8)

Zubat

Level: 6
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Leech Life, Supersonic

Psyduck
    Level: 6-7
    Type: Water

Ability: Damp/Cloud Nine
    Attacks: Scratch, Water Sport, Tail Whip
    Rate: Rare

@Pika: Eevee grew to level 8!
    Eevee learned Sand-Attack!

About the TM.. I'm rather sceptical about handing out TM's, but if you make a good post for it, I suppose I could let you have one. -nods-

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Episode 9: The Man in the Cloak (Part 2)

Piplup dove under a big rock, narrowly escaping the bolt of lightning.

"Piplup, pound that Shinx once more!" Yelled Akira. Piplup jumped out of the rock and using her falling speed, she slammed her wing on Shinx's skull, doing quite a bit of damage.

"Shinx, counter with Shockwave!" Yelled the man. Shinx blasted a wave of lightning at Piplup, but it wasn't very strong, so Piplup survived. "Now use Thunderbolt, use it until Piplup falls." Said the man thinking that the next one would hit. Shinx fired a Thunderbolt, but Piplup was able to dodge it. So Shinx fired again.

"Piplup, dodge then use Pound!" Yelled Akira. The bolt of lightning veered off course as Shinx detected a challenge coming on.

"What are you doing!?" Asked the man as Piplup and Shinx rushed in. The two pokemon clashed, but soon enough, Piplup's legs gave in and she fell, out of energy.

"Return, Piplup." Said Akira before summoning Shinx. "Shinx, use Tackle!" The man's Shinx tried to move around to avoid the incoming attack, but he fell unconscious. Of course this made the Tackle attack ineffective.

"Come out, Gastly!" Yelled the man as he summoned his third Pokemon.

"Grrr... We can't win." Said Akira as he went to return Shinx. But Shinx growled and got into battle position. "What? But it's impossible." Shinx just growled and got ready to battle. The man laughed before saying.

"Use Psychic, Gastly!" Yelled the Man.

"Dodge it Shinx!" Yelled Akira. The Psychic missed by an inch. "Here, take this!" Akira then tossed his mirror. Shinx saw it and grabbed it in his teeth.

"Ha! A mirror isn't going to work. Psychic once more!" Yelled the man. Gastly laughed before firing the Psychic. Shinx tossed the mirror and reflected the psychic waves towards Gastly, beating him. But the man growled and said. "You are really trying my patience boy. Go, Golem!" Yelled the man.

"Stop! I surrender, you win." Said Akira as he started walking towards the man. Akira pulled down the head of the cloak, but nothing was there. In fact except the cloak, all traces of the man vanished completely. "What? But my team is still hurt? How is this possible?" But up on a cliff, the man, with another cloak on laughed to himself.

"Teleport sucks doesn't it?" Asked the man to himself. "You may pass, but only because you stopped the battle to save your pokemon." The man summoned an Alakazam. "Take me back to the Battle Zone." Said the man. Alakazam nodded and performed the move taking them to the spoken location.

Back with Akira...

"Gotta get going, we have to get to Oreburgh by tonight or we will be late!" Yelled Akira as they went into Oreburgh Gate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back