• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Alternate MEGA CHARIZARD

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • BOLLOCKS!

While I'm glad Charizard finally becomes A Fire/Dragon in this form, I don't particularly like that it isn't the same in Y. Although, I do prefer the Y Form better than its X Form in terms of design. Plus Drought + Solar Beam is a WIN.

This also confirms that Pokémon CAN change types during Mega Evolution even if they had two types before.

swift13

taylur swift
    Years
  • problem rn: too many fire types to choose from, and dilemma between tyrantrum or mega char X

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAH

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i am so glad i decided to pre order pokemon x so far all the version exclusives i prefer are on x including the mega's

Years
  • The official Pokemon site recently updated with Mega Charizard X, which is a Fire/Dragon-type and it gets a new ability called Tough Claws. According to info I read on Tumblr just now, it strengthens physical attacks yet I'm not sure which ones at this stage.

But yeah, I really do have to admit Y has been screwed over as far as version exclusives go so far, barring Yveltal.

Oh, and new trailer featuring Mega Charizard X is here for you to see:

Years
  • https://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55020/pokemon-x-and-y-mega-charizard-x-revealed-first-trailer/

THIS IS TRUE OMG! OH MY GOOOOSH FINALLY CHARIZARD GETS A DRAGON TYPING AFTER 24354656353243 YEEEEEARS! :((((

Well at least we have another Dragon-type with no Fairy weakness, even if his type combination already got used before (Reshiram I'm looking at you) and I have to admit I might actually like Charizard more thanks to this new Mega Evolution. The black and blue color scheme really looks top-notch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i don't know if someone has said this but tough claws raises the power of moves that make direct contact

Years
  • WOW! This one totally ruined my day! For G-D sake, why the hell have I pre-ordered Y if X keeps getting the cool stuff? i.e fighting Mewtwo and now a Charizard that more fit to be called "exclusive" than that... "Form" which has no similarities to the game it's been exclusive for!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hope more exclusives leak before the release date so that I can make sure that I've pre-ordered a version I'm going to enjoy as much as the other. Right now, I'm utterly disappointed at the Charizard exclusiveness, even though Y gets the better looking Mewtwo (IMO.)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I was getting X anyway but this is just unfair to people who are getting Y. This would have also been a really cool separate Pokemon.

Years
  • Yeah I find it kind of funny that the Mega Charizard forms were released in quite a similar way to Mewtwo's Mega forms. They released one first and then later on the first form revealed turned out to be Y exclusive, with the second Mega form being X exclusive. Also, I love Flare Blitz's new animation as seen in the Mega Charizard X trailer.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Well nintendo saw how much everyone hated X legend and how people loved Y. As soon as pre-orders went up they saw Y fly up. So revenge time they gave us 1 better (2 because i like Mewtwo x better. Its what sold me last week.)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • One flaw I see with Megazard X, is that megalutions only seem to happen when you select the option while attacking. I'm not sure how it'll work with switching out, but its Fire/Dragon type may not remove its 4x SR weakness, as each swap it may revert back to standard Fire/Flying Charizard and then receive the damage.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Just what Charizard needed. A huge Attack boost to go with that large Physical movepool, and an ability that boosts most of his attacks even further (Flare Blitz will HURT). He'll be played a lot differently from Charizard Y, and I'm not sure losing Flying type is a good thing because, he's not so much weak to Stealth Rock now, but he became vulnerable to other entry hazards such as Spikes, as well as Earthquake.

While I like the design of Charizard Y more, I only like Charizard X a wee bit less, and he's more suitable to my style of play, so another reason for me to get X version. You Y version folks can keep spermashape Mewtwo and Fire/Flying Charizard to yourselves...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • WOOHOO!!! Booya I picked the right pokemon game!! To me X is getting all the better pokemon Lol. And I choose to get X when the legendaries came out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • He'll be played a lot differently from Charizard Y, and I'm not sure losing Flying type is a good thing because, he's not so much weak to Stealth Rock now, but he became vulnerable to other entry hazards such as Spikes, as well as Earthquake.
    Ah, but remember - mega pokes switch in as their regular forms. So X form is actually still Stealth Rock weak. But no worry about Spikes, and does need to worry about EQ.

Years
  • Well nintendo saw how much everyone hated X legend and how people loved Y. As soon as pre-orders went up they saw Y fly up. So revenge time they gave us 1 better (2 because i like Mewtwo x better. Its what sold me last week.)

You know, I think your theory might be true. I guess that when Xerneas and Yveltal first came out, Yveltal got all the love, and then came the revelation of Clauncher and Skrelp being X and Y exclusive respectively, Clauncher was loved more than Skrelp. Then we got the two Fairy-types, Swirlix and Spritzee which was a mixed bag so no clear winner there. But it was when the Mega Mewtwo X came that definitely showed that X got the better exclusives and this new Mega Charizard is definitely hammering the nail there. Maybe when Game Freak saw all the love Y was getting, they decided to trick them by making X get the more awesome Pokemon.

I may be getting both games, but it looks like my main version will definitely be X.

Years
  • Darn, I prefer Mega Charizard Y's wings and tail, but both versions are pretty awesome. What I really want to know is if my shiny will affect the coloration, but at least I am guaranteed a black Charizard since I'm getting X (I love Xerneas). I wish they'd tell us whether or not Mega Stones are tradeable between games.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Well now I'm definitely getting both. (I honestly hope people realize you can do that. You're not forced to pick on version.) Mega Charizard X is really freaking boss looking! Plus the fact it's Fire/Dragon makes it even cooler than it's Y form. Digging the increase of Attack too. I'm thinking Blatoise and Venusaur are getting X versions and so will all Pokemon with Mega Evolutions. It just adds up too well.

Back