• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Alternate MEGA CHARIZARD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I can say nothing but good things about this. After like idk??? 5 million years we all got the Fire/Dragon typing. Thank god I preordered X!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm going to have to get X now, aren't I?

Mega Charizard X is amazing in its design. Black and blue is one of my favorite color combinations (actually blue with any color is a good combination to me). The blue flames are quite neat, since they're eternal and can show that Mega Charizard X is always ready to battle. And it's finally a Dragon type!

Plus Charizard is my favorite starter of all time so of course I'm going to like it.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I think this Charizard is a lot better than Y's. I like the colours. It makes him/her seem more like a Dragon. In fact, he/she's part Dragon now! Finally. xD

But yeah. I definitely like Charizard X.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Am I the only person who always though of Charizard as literally just a winged lizard and not necessarily a dragon? I really don't appreciate the type change.

As much as I love the three gen 1 starters' mega evos they all feel safe and boring to me in a sense. In contrast to Mega Blaziken because having a Muay Thai theme really makes sense and is a very clever idea.

Spoiler:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Hmm...
    It looks cool, but I prefer the Y Mega a bit more. But the blue flames are a nice touch. Its ability is good, but wasn't Charizard a special attacker?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Am I the only person who always though of Charizard as literally just a winged lizard and not necessarily a dragon? I really don't appreciate the type change.

As much as I love the three gen 1 starters' mega evos they all feel safe and boring to me in a sense. In contrast to Mega Blaziken because having a Muay Thai theme really makes sense and is a very clever idea.

Spoiler:
    I agree, it does feel like GF played it safe with the Kanto Megastarters...not much change...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    The official Pokemon site recently updated with Mega Charizard X, which is a Fire/Dragon-type and it gets a new ability called Tough Claws. According to info I read on Tumblr just now, it strengthens physical attacks yet I'm not sure which ones at this stage.

But yeah, I really do have to admit Y has been screwed over as far as version exclusives go so far, barring Yveltal.

Oh, and new trailer featuring Mega Charizard X is here for you to see:

im buying x now for mega charizard x and fighter looking mewtwo

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I liked Charizard Y, but WOW this Mega Evolution is AMAZING! I'm so glad to be getting X now!
    The only critique I have is that I don't like how the fire in its mouth looks in 3D, but that's such a small qualm considering how great it is otherwise!
    I do hope that all starters get this same treatment, though. I don't think it will be overkill, but I do hope you can trade Pokémon that are holding Mega Stones.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I would get Pokemon X, but my sister would beat me to a pulp if I asked her. She claimed pokemon X for herself. she's one of those people that thinks she is better and deserves the better game. but still, Mega Charizard X looks amazing!!! It awesome that it is part dragon too!!! :)

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Please don't tell me that every mega evolution is going to have an X and Y version...

HUF_DBC

I like this new charizard mega evo, but I still like the Y mega evo better, overall I like the exclusives in Y more than X. I really like mewtwo's Y version mega evo.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Please don't tell me that every mega evolution is going to have an X and Y version...

Blaziken, Venusaur and Blastoise are said to not have version exclusives. We got an in game screenshot of Blazikenite and it has no X or Y. The leakers said Venusaurnite doesn't have an X or Y and Kosthedin never posted anything special about his Squirtle so it can be assumed that it doesn't have an XY Variation.

Only Charizard and Mewtwo seem to get two forms.

Back