• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angel Beats!

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Yeah, me too. I thought Tenshi's 'arc' was finished, then goes Tenshi double. If they want a cliff hanger, it isn't working for me. Only 4 or 5 episodes to go.
    they're all going to disappearrrrrrrrr
    and then, when all hope is lost
    cool things happen, and everything turns out OK

Spoiler:

and I just realized Yuri's seiyuu voices a lot of hentai animes. lol.

i dunno about hentai anime, but i do know that she voiced tokido saya in little busters! EX (also a Key work) and someone in akaneiro ni somaru saka (the game).

JUST IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Lol, sorry, I meant yuri animes.

The latest episode has some great battle scene. Nadeko is back! Just like KissxSis nilking Ayana Taketatsu for her role as Azusa from K-On, they're milking Kana Hanazawa for her role as Nadeko! (Her screams of pain is so moe~)

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    hey, yo, check this out!
    it's a moonwalk, it's a moonwalk! headspin!

also, lol seiyuu stalking
    (you should watch the second season of darker than black)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ninja revive!
    But really, I think it's pointless to make a new thread for the last ep so thus this bump.

I can't believe it's almost over. I wish they gave more time to tie things up, and I still wish that had a second season. Oh well, as long as it ends good I'll be happy. I want to see next week's ep, but at the same time I don't want it to end. ;.;

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Why didn't I see this thread before?!

Anyways~ Angel Beats is one of my favourite anime, as of now. Since all the characters are interesting, like TK, who is also my favourite character of the series. The plot is very interesting, pretty original for most of the part. But, its sad, the final episode is next week D:, I wanted more TK action.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    This show did not provide me with enough Yusa. ;.;
    It can't end yet, I need more Yusa!
    Who's Yusa? <.<

Hm, the latest episode wasn't mind-blowing as usual, but I love the Yuri backstory. And yay, we finally have the full names of the 3 main characters.

Next episode is graduation? Eh, random. Clannad all over again with it's random plot coming out from nowhere.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Who's Yusa? <.<

Hm, the latest episode wasn't mind-blowing as usual, but I love the Yuri backstory. And yay, we finally have the full names of the 3 main characters.

Next episode is graduation? Eh, random. Clannad all over again with it's random plot coming out from nowhere.

Yusa is the com girl, also the non-band member member of the diversion squad.

Also, Tenshi is still missing from the ED scene

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yusa is the com girl, also the non-band member member of the diversion squad.

Also, Tenshi is still missing from the ED scene
    Lol, I know that. Just messin' with ya'.

We never even got Tenshi's backstory. We also never got how Yuri died. They should have extended it to 26 eps like Jun Maeda's previous works.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I still find it a shame that they have such a great voice like Yui Makino's working for Angel Beats! and we don't get to hear more of it. Not even an insert song. ><;

speaking of which, where is she?

this series' concept had much potential, but it was so compressed that some scenes appear rushed, awkward, or (at the very worst) corny. (episode 10? though the final scene was nice)
    I don't see why it was forced into a 13-episode series; it was guaranteed an audience of colossal proportions with the idea of an "original anime by Jun Maeda" alone.

i hope there's a VN adaptation of this, preferably with an expanded storyline. (and multiple endings!) :(

also, tenshichanmajitenshi

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    More like Matsushita thin-dan, lol.

TK, as usual, is awesome. Even more so for quoting Bob Dylan.

Other than that, this episode was a bit confusing. Some of the characters even seemed... well, out of character. And I'm pretty tolerant of that sort of thing.

Not sure how the last episode will go. The plot's been more or less finished, I really don't know what they're going to do. I'll reserve my judgment until it's been aired, I guess.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just finished watching the 12 episodes in 1 day! lol

Its awesome, and I can't wait for episode 13.

My favorite characters are Yuri, TK (I mean who doesn't like his dance moves? Haha) & Kanade.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    the last episode was gold

while watching it, i forgot completely about all the faults and imperfections of the previous twelve episodes and bawled like a baby

:(

also, the series' title makes sense now !

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh man, that last episode was amazing, right up to the end. Bawwed like a baby as per Key effect.

But really, that was an amazing last episode

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The ending was everything I wanted. I mean in my "I don't want it to end, I want another season" world I would have loved to have had a second season. But really, the ending was just perfect, (not to copy David, but...) it was everything that I had hoped for in an ending.
    And yes, I cried, cried like a little gurl. Almost as much as I cried at the end of episode 10 (I have never cried so much over an anime as I did by the ending of that ep. And I've seen lots of sad stuff in anime).

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I just finished watching episode 13, I started crying at the end of it. It was just full of so emotion in it; I love this anime.

I loved every single bit of it and I really enjoyed it, every episode I got straight in to and how they ended it was magnificent.
    I hope they have a season 2, but will it ever have the same effect as season 1.

The intro to Angel Beats must be one of the best Anime intros I have ever heard.

Back