• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angel Beats!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I love the Brave song right at the end, but nothing beats the introduction to the anime :D

I also had a feeling that Kanade was Otonashi's sister, because when he says about his life in episode 7; he said the only thing that kept his life meaningful was his sisters thank you's and in the last episode when he
    was telling Kanade his feelings for her she kept replying with Thank you.
    Spoiler:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Spoiler:

Ahh.. Now that makes sense that is so cool! :D I wanna re-watch episode 10 now.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh, the last episode was, 'what the hell?'

Totally random. Lots of plot holes. Key, never make another 13-episode anime ever again.

I've heard so many people say that it didn't need to be and longer, but I dunno.. I wish it had been about 20 episodes.

Maybe 18..

Longer than it was.

Somehow. ; ;

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    it IS true though, though technically it's seen through Otonashi's eyes, and all the preparations for moving on were done without him there, so all that was all done off-screen but...

Personally I think that it
    a) should have been longer, probably by 2-5 episodes, cuz those last episodes were really rushed, and
    b) didn't need the shadow npc arc, even if it WAS meant to serve as Yuri's goal completion, kinda wish they did that a different way

speaking of goals....
    Spoiler:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years

I've heard so many people say that it didn't need to be and longer, but I dunno.. I wish it had been about 20 episodes.
    ;
    Who the heck says it doesn't need to last longer? Angel beats was the most disappointing anime that Spring season. It's not up to par with E8, but it was so bad that, really...

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Angel beats was the most disappointing anime that Spring season.

Someone clearly didn't watch even half of the shows last season... Or at least, they only looked at the mainstream ones.

It was so bad that... what? You didn't like it? That's nice, but you don't need to keep bringing it up. WE GET IT.

Anyways, I for one enjoyed the ride. It was an amusing series regardless of its flaws, so for the purposes it was created (entertainment + Key's 2010 money-pump), it was fine. There were points where I laughed, points were I cried, and I didn't really go a whole episode and then regret watching it at any point.

Sure I went back after and went "...wait a sec, that doesn't make sense", but that doesn't make it bad at all unless you're really nitpicky about that sort of stuff. And, if you are... why are you watching anime?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I finally got around to watching the last five episodes. And I honestly can say that, with the last episode, I don't think I've ever cried this much watching an anime, TV show, movie, etc. before. It was so sad, yet at the same time, it had a bittersweet ending. I had also found myself crying when Otonashi regained his memories completely, because of the fact that

Spoiler:

I want to watch this series again, really, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through it without crying because of what will happen overall.

I do wish it were longer, just so we could learn more about some of the other characters' pasts, but nonetheless, it really was a great watch. Yet another Key series that hasn't disappointed me.

Years
    I have a friend who keeps pushing me to watch it, but I haven't gotten to it. I'm lazy like that xD
    I don't have much of an opinion of it quite yet, but I guess it seems pretty interesting.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I have a friend who keeps pushing me to watch it, but I haven't gotten to it. I'm lazy like that xD
    I don't have much of an opinion of it quite yet, but I guess it seems pretty interesting.

Awesome! you should, but I can't decide for you >.>
    or can I..

In my opinion, they could of made it last longer in episode wise, but I also like how they made it short and sweet. Maybe, that's what made it so pure to perfection in the end.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I just spent the last two days addicting over this anime, and making my friends go watch it :P

And.. yeah.. I dunno what to say.
    Some things I don't get tho, like
    Spoiler:

but it was still really entertaining and pleasing. I cried alot after I saw episode ten for some reason, but I actually didn't at all during the last one. I just smiled all the way through. That was a weird feeling o.o

Ah well.. Right now I can't wait till the special episode in December xD

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Weird how I got into the anime once it ended. Timing fail much.

Angel Beats!

So anyway, this is one of the only anime I watched from beginning to end in one sitting. As I watched, I automatically fell for Tenshi and some of the other characters. The art was very vivid and enjoyable. Music wasn't that bad either. The thing that got me though was how quick the anime ended. Many of the characters I didn't get to see backstories to (At least my boy Naoi got his episode :]) The ending was a nice conclusion, but I couldn't get over the fact that there is probably no way a second season could sprout so I was stuck sulking. I probably would have been more satisfied if they expanded the anime to 24 episodes or something, but meh.

Well...in conclusion, animes with girls kicking ass is awesome, Interesting Cast but wanted to know some more of the supporting cast, Original Story, Could have been longer, and Naoi turned me into a shotacon notreally

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just finished watching the series in an all day anime viewing session that was long overdue. The first episode is a little too much to really understand, but the questions I had ended up being answered throughout the series. Gotta say, damn near fell in love with Kanade in the first episode and it only managed to increase as the series continued. Made me really sad to see everyone slowly leave and move on. I haven't watched anime this good in a while (or anime at all), but this makes my top favorite anime list for sure!

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    So the author wrote Clannad and Air too? I definitely prefer Angel Beats! over those two.

I agree Otonashi Yuzuru x Tachibana Kanade was interesting from the get go, but
    Spoiler:

I enjoyed the yaoi jokes from Hinata and Naoi... ;D

Tachibana's movements and style were epic beautiful. <3<3

I'm just at the point with anime that it doesn't have to be particularly original for me to watch it these days. Sure, plot ideas and characters repeat themselves, but what can you do? Something original can only happen once, and if we were to only get completely unique anime every season, we'd probably end up with only two series tops. That said, I don't mind harem and comedy series reusing character types and such since I'm watching for lulz, not the plot. When it comes to more serious series, and stuff like mecha, I tend to take originality into more serious consideration.

That said, Angel Beats! has some unique concepts, which is good enough for me. If they don't ultimately make much sense, I don't really care. For me to enjoy an anime, it doesn't have to make completely sense. If you're too over-analytical about fictional plots, you'll always find a flaw in EVERYTHING. Anime is made for entertainment purposes, so as long as it's actually entertaining, plot holes and such can be excused.

Anyways, I'm unfortunately behind this week since I went away last night, but I hope to watch it (and Durarara!! - gdi I want to watch that more) tomorrow and then I can actually comment. Though I can say:

YUI IS THE AWESOMEST
    Word, haven't seen such a cute and fulfilling girl at the level of Yui in a long time.

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    So like.
    I started watching it the day it ended. /MISSED THE FANDOM HYPE.

Am I the only one who liked Noda? And Oyama? And Fujimaki?

Also, dat bromance.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So like.

Also, dat bromance.

Ahh, you didn't totally miss it.. I mean, there's still a good number of people obsessing over it. XD
    But I know what you mean a bit, I didn't start watching it until it was over either. Bummer.

& You're not the only one. I found their characters really amusing at the time, especially when they got their moments - which were usually hilarious. It's just that they weren't really the main focus of the series, thus they always get so overlooked by people. ;;

bromance ftw.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So like.

Also, dat bromance.
    Noda was pretty cool and same with Oyama.

But;
    Spoiler:

Back