• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime's that need to go away forever.

Years
  • Oh god, how can I forget that?! Yes, Pokemon main anime needs to die. It sucks. Period. Origins, although rushed, was much better.

Pokemon main could stop where they're at. Origins... to me it was kinda lame, I liked it but they could have done a little more with it.

Now that I think about it. One Piece should probably stop. I can't say much more on it, since I've only watch bits and pieces of it.

Sacrament

burn that mother down.
    Years
  • Obviously, animes that ran out of juice a long time ago and was just squeezed for cash till there was no fan left standing.

The best example for this would have been Dragon Ball. It was probably one of the best (or at any rate, most well-liked) anime of its time due to a blend of a nice and original plot, two-dimensional characters (a massive achievement at the time), and well-written dialogues. But it just dragged on and on. And on. On a generous day, I'd put its absolute last limit on the end of the whole Super Saiyan saga...but it didn't end there. Of course it didn't end there.

Some more recent examples would be Naruto (though I'll confess to being a fan of it still) and Bleach. I'm sure there's more out there but that's all I could think of from the top of my head.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Spoiler:

About that I am wondering if this could become a problem for him in later arcs because there may be another time where he might need to use them again and what could happen (they will end the chapter on a cliff hanger with some people saying he'll die whilst others saying he will live and whatnot)

Dragon Ball I do not feel it was dragged on too long I just felt that certain characters got to much screen time and there were others who should have had it. GT though was dragged on Z was enough and it ended nicely and with the BoG it has opened new horizons for the Z fighters where it wont hopefully be... Gohan, Goten, Goku, Trunks and Vegeta maybe throw KRILLIN, YAMCHA, TIEN, OOLONG and Mister Master Popo.

Also I am reading a few manga's that really deserve an anime... DONYATSU

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • To be honest, that isn't really a universal opinion. Many people believe that the series didn't need to go after the frieza saga. Because that's where I felt the story started to take a dive, imo. Naruto, as much as think is inferior to part one, still doesn't bore me as much as DBZ did after the frieza saga. Granted, I watched the anime and it was probably dragged out. Will check out dbz kai to see if I still think that way. But really, I don't think just fixing the pacing would improve my opinion of story as a whole, so that's that.

But naruto needs to end after the war arc and maybe just after the naruto vs sasuke fight. If it goes on for some more arcs, then that'd probably become a case of milking the series a little too much. One Piece, though, Oda can keep writing for 20 more years and I'll gladly read and buy it. A grand story needs some time, after all. :p

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • To be honest, that isn't really a universal opinion. Many people believe that the series didn't need to go after the frieza saga.

Goku dies, Planet Namek is safe. Great ending. Wonderful. I honestly believe Toriyama was wise and great for not feeling the need to continue a series long after it's fire had died out. It may have needed to end after the Freeza Saga, but it didn't. And even though it continued longer than you would of liked to it too, it didn't drag on too long after that. It wrapped up well and it virtually no loose ends.

derozio

Years
  • Goku dies and planet namek is saved. No, that's not the only possible ending. There can be virtually thousands of endings that toriyama could come up with. One of those would have been a good ending. And honestly, if you're of the opinion that the series' overall quality didn't go down after frieza saga then that's that. But I believe that it is always good if a story ends at a high point. And frieza saga was one such high point for me. And many others.

T!M

Years
  • It was exciting. But it didn't peak. A true fan should expect more but shouldn't expect too much more. As a fan of DBZ I was always excited to see what comes next but I also didn't want an overabundance of new stuff. Which is my point. Toriyama had enough sense to end it before it got too out there. If you're excitement for the series peaked at the Freeza Saga, that's great. But it's not bad that he continued. There were what, 2 major arcs following the Freeza Saga? That's better than 5 or 6.

derozio

Years
  • Your own words in the previous post - 'didn't drag on too long after that' and '2 major arcs better than having 5 or 6'. Implying you yourself believe it did drag on. Not much, but it certainly did. You agree on that front. And then you say that it didn't peak in the frieza saga. When did it, then? I don't really see any other moment that stood out to me as much as goku attaining the legendary super saiyan state for the first time after krillin's and vegeta's deaths. Nothing comes close. Not even his attainment of SSJ3, as cool as he looked in it.

Seriously, like I said, a series should end on a high note and before the readers start feeling as if the series is dragging on, which dbz didn't. Because your very own words suggest that you do agree that it did, albeit to a minor degree compared to what I felt, drag on.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Hmm I have seen a lot of anime titles I did not like througout the years but most of them either ended by now or were cancelled at some point in time. If I had to pick one though it would have to be One Piece if anything due to just how silly the overall style of the show felt. Granted I can see why others would like it but personally it was simply not my cup of tea by the end of the day.

derozio

Years
  • I wish people would stop judging a book by its cover. One Piece has a unique art style but that doesn't make it a reason worthy enough for it to vanish from the face of the earth. :/ Plus, one piece ending would be a huge blow to japanese manga economy. It single handedly carries the whole thing on its back now a days.

T!M

Years
  • Lol. You're splitting hairs, Derozio. That doesn't win arguments. I can sit here and banter with you all day. But I enjoyed the whole series, and you twisting my words, doesn't change that. It didn't "drag" on. It ended perfectly. And it didn't get revived or continued. Toriyama has a will of iron and wasn't swayed by idiots asking for more.

Great anime, ended well.

Years
  • Well I guess I'm impartial about those longer series, but if I had to choose an anime to never had existed, it would be Gantz. I just did not enjoy that series at all, and the manga was far better.

I wouldn't mind if dubbed Bleach and Deathnote just suddently dissapeared though...

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
  • Well I guess I'm impartial about those longer series, but if I had to choose an anime to never had existed, it would be Gantz. I just did not enjoy that series at all, and the manga was far better.

I wouldn't mind if dubbed Bleach and Deathnote just suddently dissapeared though...

Bleach yea, but I've never seen deathnote cept thw potato chip part. XD

derozio

Years
  • Excuse me, no one is twisting words here. I quoted what you said in a previous post. Due to non availability of my computer, I preferred to change 'it had two major arcs after that. Better than having 5 or 6.' to 'having 2 major arcs better than 5 or 6'. Don't see how I'm changing anything here. As for the other one, I typed it pretty much word to word. And stated what your statements implied. Which they definitely did. Whether or not you choose to accept it is up to you.

But I'm done as well. It is clear your and my opinions on the series differ. And you're not interested in having a proper discussion and would much rather prefer to make yourself look good by stating that 'lol ur splitting hairs' to the other party instead of actually putting some effort into either answering my question [when did it peak?] OR refuting my arguments. Have a nice day, kind sir.

@lappy - I'm inclined to believe that it will have some effect. The ripples caused by it vanishing would be felt all over the place. Probably not a huge blow like I stated earlier, but a blow nonetheless.

I did say that because I have heard that it's been seen in japan that with time, more and more of japan is preferring to get their mangoes on the interwebs instead of getting them in printed form. I can't be sure because I obviously haven't been to japan, but from what I heard, OP does sort of serve as a catalyst of sorts when it comes to mangoes in general. OP sells a ton since japanese are crazy about it. But, along the way, it sort of affects other manga by making people more inclined to read printed mangoes in general. Sounds crazy and I definitely agree that shueisha would be the one hit with the full impact of it and not everything else but there are so many people on the internet talking about it that I think it does lend some credibility to it, imo.

Last edited:

T!M

Years
  • Excuse me, no one is twisting words here. I quoted what you said in a previous post. Due to non availability of my computer, I preferred to change 'it had two major arcs after that. Better than having 5 or 6.' to 'having 2 major arcs better than 5 or 6'. Don't see how I'm changing anything here. As for the other one, I typed it pretty much word to word. And stated what your statements implied. Which they definitely did. Whether or not you choose to accept it is up to you.

But I'm done as well. It is clear your and my opinions on the series differ. And you're not interested in having a proper discussion and would much rather prefer to make yourself look good by stating that 'lol ur splitting hairs' to the other party instead of actually putting some effort into either answering my question [when did it peak?] OR refuting my arguments. Have a nice day, kind sir.

You, sir, are twisting words, not by spelling or phrasing but by what I meant. you assume because I used the words "dragged on" that I was agreeing with you, that the series was going farther than it needed too. I have countered everything you said, so I don't know why you believe I'm not having a proper discussion. I never said we were done, so I don't know why you said "as well" after "I'm done." I never said it, so you're the one who who's done, I could still sit here and debate with you till the cows come home. It's clear you're the type of person to give up when someone doesn't agree with you and make up reasons why you feel I was wrong. (Not putting effort into my responses, not holding a discussion, not answering your questions and not refuting your argument.) But it's fine, my man, if you don't want to sit here and talk, than that's fine. You have a nice one too. Sorry it didn't work out.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • To the great displeasure of the majority i feel that deathnote should be abolished.
    The story line is absolutely terrible when compared to other anime of the genre. Yes i get that the beginning is suppose to be all dark and morbid giving the viewer a sense of severity with a hint of tension but really after a few episodes it gets repetitive and kind of dull.
    Then there are the spin offs like the real life movies? Lord it's almost as painful as watching Dragonball Evolution!

derozio

Years
  • Mind telling me what 'dragged on' means in your dictionary then, my friend? Because, well, as far as I am aware, it DOES refer to things that go on for longer than they're supposed to. But I'd be glad if I could learn some new meaning of it or something. Always cool with learning new stuff. ;I

And I'm not making **** up, lol. Just tell me, when did you answer my question again? Coz I ain't seeing any answers.

Last edited:
    Back