• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I just bought Ruby recently, so I now play it all the time, to try and get the legendaries so I can migrate them.

DJ. Yabup 99

This is my old account.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I still play it. It was one of my favourite games from the pokemon series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I really hope that they remake R/S, I'd just love to play through Hoenn again.

Same. I mean, occassionally I'll pick up Emerald/Sapphire for a few minutes, but Hoenn is my favourite region so playing through it with better graphics would be immense!

I pick up Sapphire sometimes. I plan on raising a 4 Pokemon Team and transferring them to a restarted Heartgold and go through all of Kanto with them. Figured I might spice up the latest semi-boring Pokemon game with some more unusual and less seen Hoenn Pokemon.

And on the remake front. I'd like to see a remake so I could see Hoenn from an updated graphical perspective, but I thought Hoenn's storyline was incredibly weak. Beautiful Region + Weak Storyline = Meh Game. Actually, I hope B+W breathe some life back into this series...

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    I just bought Ruby for 8 euro on ebay. I cannot wait until it arrives in the post,but for me,the R/S/E games just feel "out of place" and different from the other games in the series. I would love to try this game out.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    im planning on restarting ruby and emerald soon. i just restarted sapphire. its one of my favorite generations

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I just recently picked up my Gameboy SP and played on my Sapphire, so far I have a cool team.
    A Mudkip named Skip and a Zigzagoon named Burglar. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I dont play Runy but It's funny I bought Emerald off my friend just today. I started a new game but I haven't played it in a while so I could use some tips on some bomb Pokemon would be nice :)

Years
    I'm playing it right now. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the third gen games. And, I'm about to rip my hair out seeing as it's pretty much impossible to catch Registeel without a Master Ball.

AeonWolf

do the monster meteor mash
    Years
    I'd play Ruby if I could find my version... I've looked all around my room and still can't find it. I had all the Regis and Rayquaza :(

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    As soon as I access the Pal Park in SoulSilver and transfer my Hoenn E4 team to my SS cartridge, I'm restarting my Emerald game. I only came to Hoenn after I had played Sinnoh, but I absolutely adore the region and its Pokémon. Especially Zigzagoon/Linoone. <3

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Hoenn was a great region. My first game was sapphire version and everything is put together almost perfectly! I rarely play it now days, but I'd like to get back to it.

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    GenIII was my favorite. I really love everything about it. The storyline is wonderful, the two teams are also something interesting that is unique to Hoenn. The Pokemon are also great and can't be found in any meaningful number outside of R/S/E. The whole feel of the game has a slightly different feel about it that I don't think is present in any other game.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    The whole feel of the game has a slightly different feel about it that I don't think is present in any other game.

I agree,It did have a slightly different feel to it.
    but back on topic,I love this Pokemon Sapphire and have played it not too long ago.
    and It also has one of my favorite legendaries in it.

Back