• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
  • Okay so Mudkip just magically jumped to 2nd place while hardly being in the Top 10 yesterday.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so Mudkip just magically jumped to 2nd place while hardly being in the Top 10 yesterday.

...what the Herdier. o___O

Who would be that dedicated to vote for Mudkip? Since apparently as posted here, 4chan - Magikarp, Smogon - Ditto, Arceus - Little boys and girls, etc. Everything else is a legendary and Pikachu is obv.

I really really don't get that at all. o____O;

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This got me thinking - how was that possible? Did some group sneak-vote for Mudkip?

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • Okay so Mudkip just magically jumped to 2nd place while hardly being in the Top 10 yesterday.

We're doomed. The only way we can stop this travesty is by mass voting for Ditto while we still can. Unless everyone's quite happy with a Pokémon that's been given out before (Mudkip) or doesn't have a Dream World ability and has been given out before (friggin' Arceus).

Blasted Mudkip fans...

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • I'm still furious that Arceus is winning! It doesn't have a DW ability! What a waste!

Please everyone, recruit everyone you know and ask them to vote for ditto or mudkip! It only makes sense to win a Pokemon that has a DW ability!

Pingouin_7

Deoxys and Arceus are the two ones I'd want to win the most.

Deoxys, because Europe never got the Movie Deoxys event (They got Oblivia Deoxys, though.)

Arceus, because Darkrai/Shaymin had their Wi-Fi event items released while Arceus didn't.
    Also, Darkrai and Shaymin = Available in Ranger, while Arceus != Available in Ranger.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have no clue what this is or what it's even about, but I voted for Raichu, because the fact that a Raichu is coming as lowly as 53rd on any poll is just tragic and must be rectified.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I voted for Lugia. Love that Wyvern.

Anything is better than DW ability-less Arceus, though. Again.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • Voted for Ditto after I looked up it's DW ability.

That ability just makes Ditto awesome.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years
  • I want Ditto, but it's not gonna happen. I'm almost convinced the results are already rigged. I mean, do that many people really want Arceus? Even though it lacks a Dream World ability? If 4chan and Smogon can't even spam enough votes for Mudkip or Ditto respectively to get it to surpass Arceus, then there really must be a high demand for it. Which makes me a little butthurt because it's probably gonna win.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want Ditto, but it's not gonna happen. I'm almost convinced the results are already rigged. I mean, do that many people really want Arceus? Even though it lacks a Dream World ability? If 4chan and Smogon can't even spam enough votes for Mudkip or Ditto respectively to get it to surpass Arceus, then there really must be a high demand for it. Which makes me a little butthurt because it's probably gonna win.

I don't think 4chan can be grouped into one entity.

/v/ wants Ditto. /b/ wants...to make /v/ mad.

Therefore, thousands of votes all night long for Arceus using programs on their computers.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years

• /v/ wants Ditto. /b/ wants...to make /v/ mad.

Therefore, thousands of votes all night long for Arceus using programs on their computers.

Ah, yes. This makes a lot more sense. I guess we all better start looking forward to our new Arceus.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nah, there's still hope yet. I figured out a really efficient way (no I'm not telling), so I, and someone else have been voting thousands of times for Celebi yesterday and today (hmmm defs over 1000 an hour, so maybe 20,000?). And as to why I'm voting for Celebi... Australia got all the other "small cute legendary" events other than Celebi, so! yeah. :) I TOTALLY HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE OKAY.

Personally I'd sorta be upset if I got Arceus because Celebi means a lot to me etc etc, and Mudkip is boring, Magikarp is useless AND Ditto will be annoying (but now tbh idc that much about it, since maybe it won't be that common in OU).

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Nah, there's still hope yet. I figured out a really efficient way (no I'm not telling), so I, and someone else have been voting thousands of times for Celebi yesterday and today (hmmm defs over 1000 an hour, so maybe 20,000?). And as to why I'm voting for Celebi... Australia got all the other "small cute legendary" events other than Celebi, so! yeah. :) I TOTALLY HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE OKAY.

Personally I'd sorta be upset if I got Arceus because Celebi means a lot to me etc etc, and Mudkip is boring, Magikarp is useless AND Ditto will be annoying (but now tbh idc that much about it, since maybe it won't be that common in OU).
    I hope Celebi wins and not Arceus.

I don't understand why they are voting for Arceus. It's driving me crazy. I don't even remember what I voted for, but it was a regular Pokemon that isn't out yet. x_x

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • I voted Blaziken, Then I noticed that I should've voted for Torchic :( And there's one reason people are voting for mudkip, and those people are... TROLLS!!!

So, I herd u liek Mudkipz

That single quote is probably the reason mudkip is in second place, and Arceus is going to win, there's nothing we can do about it, except SPAM VOTE. Spam Vote is the only way a certain Pokemon can win, so for you Ditto lovers, SPAM VOTE! think of it! If 3-7 of you spam vote, the votes will probably put ditto in first place. If Arceus won, Uhhhhh, i don't want to think of it. :paranoid: Trading with people would be horrible, everyone would have a lv.100 Arceus, that's TOO many Arceus. I want Torchic, but I DON'T want Arceus.
    So Good Luck!

Last edited:

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • Nah, there's still hope yet. I figured out a really efficient way (no I'm not telling), so I, and someone else have been voting thousands of times for Celebi yesterday and today (hmmm defs over 1000 an hour, so maybe 20,000?). And as to why I'm voting for Celebi... Australia got all the other "small cute legendary" events other than Celebi, so! yeah. :) I TOTALLY HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE OKAY.

I don't know whether to love you or hate you for this. Yes, Celebi would be pretty awesome to finally have. BUT... it has no DW Ability. And Celebi's way too far down the polls to really have a chance. If you shared how you were doing it and shifted over to Ditto, I'd be pleased. But I'm still resigned to Arceus. I would hate it if Mudkip won. I want either Ditto, or something for my Pokédex (which means Arceus or Celebi).

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I also voted for ditto. It was the highest rank pokemon with an interesting ability. They could at least give Arceus a new ability considering it's getting so many votes. Even one not as useful as the current one.

Back