• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe

Years
  • In my opinion, Nintendo knows what they are doing. They know why they created the "alpha" pokemon, and they know what comes next (I think there will be a the 5th generation). I think they created Arceus as the "alpha" pokemon because of the whole mythology thing. You guys have to remember that their are many mythologies, each one with their gods and story of how the world was created. Maybe is that in Sinnoh, the people believes that it was Arceus created the universe, but we have to remember that Mew is the ansestor of all pokemon. So, in other words Mew is either a "God pokemon" or is the first pokemon, just like Adam.

Either is Arceus, Mew, God, the big bang or any other way that the universe was created it doesn't really mater. Because, right now, we even don't know how our universe was created, and just like for us is a mistery, I think it should stay also as a mistery.

But, that is just my opinion.

\\Ceiran//

up to my neck in piplups!
    Years
  • arceus' legend is brilliant, but arceus existence as a catchable pokemon ain't so good.

personally i think ??? is a placeholder for a new type in future gens, poss one to combat the spiritomb dual-type? and a type like that could only be Light or similar, so a god-worthy type...

oh, and we know that the cacky has hit the fan when we get the omega 'mon.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Arceus is the "God" of pokemon,
    It created the Universe,

Does that mean that Arceus created humans too?
    And that our ancestors are Pokemon?

o_o;

If thats true.
    Then - theres nothing like fighting/catching your own god!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2008
    Arceus is the "God" of pokemon,
    It created the Universe,

Does that mean that Arceus created humans too?
    And that our ancestors are Pokemon?

o_o;

If thats true.
    Then - theres nothing like fighting/catching your own god!

I suppose,
    anyways - i guess Arceus is "Our God"

Abe

Years
  • I suppose,
    anyways - i guess Arceus is "Our God"

You guys shouldn't rely on the first story you hear. That's what the mythology on Sinnoh says, but it doesn't mean it's completely true. Maybe Arceus did created the pokemon universe, but who created Arceus??? If Arceus is a "God", shouldn't it be uncatchable??? Because catching Arceus means dominating it, so, can we dominate God??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

For me Arceus is just a Sinnoh deity, and the pokemon world was created by The Big Bang.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • You guys shouldn't rely on the first story you hear. That's what the mythology on Sinnoh says, but it doesn't mean it's completely true. Maybe Arceus did created the pokemon universe, but who created Arceus??? If Arceus is a "God", shouldn't it be uncatchable??? Because catching Arceus means dominating it, so, can we dominate God??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

For me Arceus is just a Sinnoh deity, and the pokemon world was created by The Big Bang.

So you're relying on Real-World science in pokemon :p

Yubii Chan

Godess of Awsome
    Years
  • You know, that lv.100 Shiny Arceus i mentioned in some other thread before is still up for grabs. i dont play DP very much anymore, because i'm occupied by other games, so if anybody wants to take the godly power of Arceus for a test drive, be my guest. just message me.

Abe

Years
  • So you're relying on Real-World science in pokemon :p

In a way, I am. But I still think that there are others deities, and there "might" even be a more powerful Pokemon than Arceus, but maybe Arceus did create the universe.... I just confused myself :S

What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't say that Arceus is "God" until is confirmed by Nintendo.

Years
  • I know that it doesnt prove much...but the game did refer to Arceus as the "Original one".Which would mean all pokemon were born from him/her.But then again...didnt they say the same thing about Mew way back when?As for his/her strength.There will no doubt be a pokemon who will come along that is waaay stronger than Arceus.Also another good reference to Mew.Mew was considered the strongest,until they made gold and silver.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Nothing of this Pokémon is deemed concrete. For all we know it could just be yet another legend who has been dubbed as "ubber" because of Nintendo's fiasco to keep it a secret.

And you should remember that the laws of the games and the anime don't always intertwine. In the games you capture all the legendaries. And in the anime if you were to capture Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres you'd have a "Day After Tomorrow" situation to deal with. Jirachi only awakens every 1,000 years if I remember correctly and it stays awake for only a week. In the games you catch and it remains with you for as long as you have it. See where I'm getting at?

Ever since Mewtwo we have all heard of that generation's top legendary to be the most powerful. First it was Mewtwo and Mew, then it was Lugia, then it was Ho-Oh and so on.

As for the "God" title it could have been just given for a more dramatic approach. I don't know. I'm just following suit according to how it has been in the past with legends.
    Besides according to Bulbapedia the whole "God" thing is fan based. So for all we know it is just an exasperation.

Most likely four generations from now we will have a legendary that created the first of the 24 dimensions before this one. Each generation has it's own God until who knows what Nintendo has planned.

In my whole opinion Arceus is extremely over-rated. It's just yet another legendary.

Years
  • I agree,right now we cant say whos the strongest or if its really a "god".Because in the next gen of Pokemon,theres gonna be a pokemon even stronger than Arceus and more worthy of the "god" title.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    The only thing I don't like though is that alot of Pokemon don't look like real things anymore and to me, that makes the god Pokemon seem less special because there are so many Pokemon that have a strange body make up. If that makes sense.

Years
  • Yea..the new ones like Heatron,Darkrai,etc....The only new gen legendary pokemon that really looks like anything is Shaymin.Other than that,none of the legendaries look like anything real anymore.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
  • Nintendo hasn't actually acknowledged it's existence yet right? A spriteset of PMD2 faces also shows Arceus doesn't have a face image.
    Maybe it was going to be removed from the game because it was... too uber... but they never got around to it? And so the only way people will ever reach it is by hacking. Like I have.* :D (But still can't catch the damn thing. DX )
    Of course maybe they're just stalling for a good time, waiting for everything to blow out of proportion, then they can say "oh it's not the embodiment of the big bang guys it just created several creatures that can control time and space".

*On that subject it seems the Hall of Origin is a separate map to Spear Pillar because it has a name and different camera angle, but I'm not a master hacker so I can't actually check that...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    The only thing I don't like though is that alot of Pokemon don't look like real things anymore and to me, that makes the god Pokemon seem less special because there are so many Pokemon that have a strange body make up. If that makes sense.
    It took me a while to figure it out, but I think Arceus is supposed to be a Horse...... I sort of feel sorry for Rapidash right now.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Nintendo hasn't actually acknowledged it's existence yet right? A spriteset of PMD2 faces also shows Arceus doesn't have a face image.
    Maybe it was going to be removed from the game because it was... too uber... but they never got around to it? And so the only way people will ever reach it is by hacking. Like I have.* :D (But still can't catch the damn thing. DX )
    Of course maybe they're just stalling for a good time, waiting for everything to blow out of proportion, then they can say "oh it's not the embodiment of the big bang guys it just created several creatures that can control time and space".

*On that subject it seems the Hall of Origin is a separate map to Spear Pillar because it has a name and different camera angle, but I'm not a master hacker so I can't actually check that...

I think HoO is a seperate map a layer above Spear Pillar.
    Clearly triggered by a switch (Azure Flute).

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • He is just another Legendary. He can be beaten by a level 1 Rattata. Rattata is the god Pokemon.

Yea..the new ones like Heatron,Darkrai,etc....The only new gen legendary pokemon that really looks like anything is Shaymin.Other than that,none of the legendaries look like anything real anymore.
    Dragons don't have to look like anything.(Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) they are mythical creatures.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back