• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    Another thing we have to keep in mind is that because it's the strongest of all it will also be very hard to control or even catch. So we'll have to see how that plays out as well.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Another thing we have to keep in mind is that because it's the strongest of all it will also be very hard to control or even catch. So we'll have to see how that plays out as well.

No, not really. The way the events have been playing out, we will get Arceus via mystery gift and he will be in a cherish ball.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I think nintendo should of waited on the strongest pokemon. It seems too early, just for me...

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Arceus makes you think. Is this the end of pokemon? If he's the creator and the strongest, how can you go farther? Is 4th gen the last gen? It all makes you think in a way.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Arceus makes you think. Is this the end of pokemon? If he's the creator and the strongest, how can you go farther? Is 4th gen the last gen? It all makes you think in a way.
    It might not be the last generation, but arceus might seem like he is a pokemon god.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    What's so strong about a pokemon that looks like a goat?
    I am going to kill you in your sleep.

Arceus is awesome. It can be any type!
    And people say, "well, it can't learn every TM!"
    Boohoo! No one else can do that either! Except Mew,
    and its base stats are only 600, so it's over-compensating.
    Here are a few best things about Arceus:

1. It has the best base stats.
    2. It has the best abilitie.
    3. It has (one of) the best appearances.
    4. It has the best cry.
    5. It has the best pokedex entry.
    6. It has the best type range.
    7. It has the best signature move.
    Enough said.

Sorry if I sounded angry. Just making a point.

I caught it and it's not that hard. Got a few tricks up ma' sleeve.

RBY Mewtwo was sickeningly strong, it could wipe out anything in the game. I remember those days....
    That's only because of the extreme imbalance of types in Generation I.
    If you don't understand, visit https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psychic_%28type%29

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years

No, because there is no reason for them to have to top themselves. They can just as easily make new pokemon and new legendaries which are in no way "better" or "bigger" or whatever than Arceus.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    No, because there is no reason for them to have to top themselves. They can just as easily make new pokemon and new legendaries which are in no way "better" or "bigger" or whatever than Arceus.
    I don't know, it doesn't look good. Why would they put the ultimatum--the
    god of all Pokemon-- at the end, only to add more? Here are a few reasons
    to support that there sadly may not be a Generation V:
    1.There are not many ideas for new Pokemon. I think there are a few, but
    probably not to support a whole new generation.
    2. Arceus can change it's type.... What ideas
    can you possibly have for a better ability!
    3. Arceus's signature move is Judgment. It
    has a power of 100, and Arceus always gets
    STAB for it. 100*1.5=150 And with no disadvantages!
    None at all! The only better you can get is Breloom's
    Spore+Focus Punch combo! And anything better is ridiculous.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Arceus does make me wonder if this could be the last gen, but with how much money Nintendo has got to be raking in off these games, I can't possibly see them just stopping now. Sure, they could just keep making ranger and dungeon games, and all of that other wonderful stuff they pull money in off of, but without a new generation, it's all going to run dry eventually. So even though Arceus does kind of seem like the be-all-end-all of new Pokemon, I really doubt they'd just throw one of their biggest franchises down the tubes by not making new generations.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Definitely not the strongest. Although its strong, I've got to agree with that.

Years
    If you actually put some thought into this, you'd probably realise this. If Pokemon introduced the 'Alpha Pokemon' there is now a fair chance that an 'Omega Pokemon' will be created sometime soon. Which will probably have similiar or greater stats, and then there'll probably something even greater than that after that sometime.
    So Arceus may be the strongest of them all currently, but I doubt that will last too long.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    I caught it and it's not that hard. Got a few tricks up ma' sleeve.

I wasn't exactly talking about us trying to catch it in a video game(that can be done), I was mainly talking about future Pokemon series(anime).

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years

That's only because of the extreme imbalance of types in Generation I.
    If you don't understand, visit https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psychic_(type)

I understand. Please don't infer that I am an idiot, or anyone else is, I know what bulbapedia is and I'm sure I've known about the 1st gen type imbalance before you did. I'm just reminiscing about the ol' days and when my Mewtwo in Yellow Version owned and I was so proud.

That's true. Good thought.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I understand. Please don't infer that I am an idiot, or anyone else is, I know what bulbapedia is and I'm sure I've known about the 1st gen type imbalance before you did. I'm just reminiscing about the ol' days and when my Mewtwo in Yellow Version owned and I was so proud.
    I don't think you're an idiot. I'm sorry if you thought that.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    A good Pokemon gamer could beat this Pokemon any day.

All Pokemon have atleast one weakness, even if it was a 'God'.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, even the God has one Point of strength: In-Game Data showed us a sprite for the only Pokémon-Type without weakness: the Ever-Mysterious ??? type, that it only shares with 1 attack: Curse. Which may be a clue that indeed, there were plans to make Arceus without weakness at all, but it's most logical that it was simply inserted so that when hackers tried to find data for ??? Arceus, the game wouldn't crash.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Arceus = God?
    Well, it seems pretty strange that you can catch God in a simple pokeball, IMO.

Btw, I suppose some/all of you know about Legend of Fenju, the hack Neti is working on?
    In that game, several legendaries is thought to have created the earth, and where they lived, so it could be that only the people in Sinnoh believe that Arceus is the ultimate pokemon.

(And no, I don't think of it as ultimate. A crobat is faster than the best pokemon? Hmmmm)

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Arceus = God?
    Well, it seems pretty strange that you can catch God in a simple pokeball, IMO.

Btw, I suppose some/all of you know about Legend of Fenju, the hack Neti is working on?
    In that game, several legendaries is thought to have created the earth, and where they lived, so it could be that only the people in Sinnoh believe that Arceus is the ultimate pokemon.

(And no, I don't think of it as ultimate. A crobat is faster than the best pokemon? Hmmmm)

Are you kidding me? Crobat is in no way comparable to Arceus. Go to smogon's page on Arceus, please, before you comment on his true power. I want to see your opinion then. Arceus is a godly uber, his base stats are phenomenal and his multitype ability makes him that much more versatile, he can pull off any type of set and make it look and work good. Arceus is a straight up beast. I'm not saying there are no ways around him, but RBY Mewtwo, Deoxys-A, and Arceus are all straight up disgustingly powerful and there are no other pokemon that compare.

Back