• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Definitely not the strongest. Although its strong, I've got to agree with that.

Are you kidding me? Crobat is in no way comparable to Arceus. Go to smogon's page on Arceus, please, before you comment on his true power. I want to see your opinion then. Arceus is a godly uber, his base stats are phenomenal and his multitype ability makes him that much more versatile, he can pull off any type of set and make it look and work good. Arceus is a straight up beast. I'm not saying there are no ways around him, but RBY Mewtwo, Deoxys-A, and Arceus are all straight up disgustingly powerful and there are no other pokemon that compare.

I'm talking about Crobat's base speed.
    I don't know about you, but last time I checked, arecus had 120 base in every stat, and Crobat had 130. Yes, I know, Arceus learns Extremespeed at lvl 40, and Crobat is nothing near that.
    He is a beast, yes, but ALL i said was that Crobat was faster. Please, I'm new to Pokecommunity (as you probably can tell) but I did NOT say that Crobat is better than Arceus. It is just faster.
    It is the strongest in base stats, but he can still lose.

(Btw, smogon read. And I withdraw my statement that it is not the strongest pkmn to date. "After the pre-battle tintinnabulation is completed, please stare in pure, unadulterated horror and ominous presentiment at what is unequivocally the best and most versatile Pokémon in the game. Dare not incur Arceus' divine wrath, or else the consequences shall be severe and merciless, and life shall become an evanescent wisp.")
    I guess I'm a wisp then, but I might still burn the Almighty, by stating that it is NOT invincible.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I'm talking about Crobat's base speed.
    I don't know about you, but last time I checked, arecus had 120 base in every stat, and Crobat had 130. Yes, I know, Arceus learns Extremespeed at lvl 40, and Crobat is nothing near that.
    He is a beast, yes, but ALL i said was that Crobat was faster. Please, I'm new to Pokecommunity (as you probably can tell) but I did NOT say that Crobat is better than Arceus. It is just faster.
    It is the strongest in base stats, but he can still lose.

(Btw, smogon read. And I withdraw my statement that it is not the strongest pkmn to date. "After the pre-battle tintinnabulation is completed, please stare in pure, unadulterated horror and ominous presentiment at what is unequivocally the best and most versatile Pokémon in the game. Dare not incur Arceus' divine wrath, or else the consequences shall be severe and merciless, and life shall become an evanescent wisp.")
    I guess I'm a wisp then, but I might still burn the Almighty, by stating that it is NOT invincible.

Of course there are pokemon like Blissey out there who center around one or two stats and beat anyother pokemon that try to come close in that certain stat. Arceus is beast, and yes there are pokemon that are better in some areas, but overall, you can't overlook the fact that there is a pokemon out there that has an insanely good base stat in EVERY category.

Also, I'm glad you read that wonderful quote. ;)

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Anytime.;)
    Time to calm down and congratulate you with your 300th post on the community.:)

Heh, thanks. ^_^ I just love this community.

But anyway, on topic, I just can't wait to test out Arceus for myself when he is released through an official US Nintendo event. I really want to see what he can do for myself.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Heh, thanks. ^_^ I just love this community.

But anyway, on topic, I just can't wait to test out Arceus for myself when he is released through an official US Nintendo event. I really want to see what he can do for myself.

Ya, agreed.
    Reading on smogon about what he/she/it/that god thingy can do is one thing, but actually witnessing it is another part of awesomeness ^W^

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    i dont like arceus it is not good and by calling it a "god" among pokemon is like affirming they will never make more then the 4th gen. so i really think they over did it here

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    arceus is a weakling my freind has a action replay and he uses the modifier to train up his team !

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    I am going to kill you in your sleep.

Arceus is awesome. It can be any type!
    And people say, "well, it can't learn every TM!"
    Boohoo! No one else can do that either! Except Mew,
    and its base stats are only 600, so it's over-compensating.
    Here are a few best things about Arceus:

1. It has the best base stats.
    2. It has the best abilitie.
    3. It has (one of) the best appearances.
    4. It has the best cry.
    5. It has the best pokedex entry.
    6. It has the best type range.
    7. It has the best signature move.
    Enough said.

Sorry if I sounded angry. Just making a point.

I caught it and it's not that hard. Got a few tricks up ma' sleeve.

That's only because of the extreme imbalance of types in Generation I.
    If you don't understand, visit https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psychic_%28type%29

those are opinions not facts and have you ever considered taht maybe they made it TO good? besides arceus could not stand up to one of my pokemon in the hands of a good battler

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The Arceus Dex Entry for Platinum doesn't say "According to Myth". It basically states it created the Universe.

I'm trying to find out if the Japnese D/P Dex Entries also lack the "According to Myth".

After all, outside of Japan, Religious things are quite Taboo. Adding the "According to Myth" thing in other languages would help end any controversy before it even begins.

Edit: Here's an opinion from the experts at Smogon, the best competitive batters out there:
    After the pre-battle tintinnabulation is completed, please stare in pure, unadulterated horror and ominous presentiment at what is unequivocally the best and most versatile Pokémon in the game. Dare not incur Arceus' divine wrath, or else the consequences shall be severe and merciless, and life shall become an evanescent wisp.

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Hmmmm... Do you really think they'll even do that?
    They really seem to neglect all other countries, as far as ubers go.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    This Pokemon confuses me. If it's not officially revealed, then why in the world is it obtainable in the game?? Same with Shaymin. That doesn't make any sense to me.

But about the poll, ehh...just another legend. Except this one might be the last, considering it is the Pokemon GOD.

heh, God has his own Pokemon. :D

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    This Pokemon confuses me. If it's not officially revealed, then why in the world is it obtainable in the game?? Same with Shaymin. That doesn't make any sense to me.

But about the poll, ehh...just another legend. Except this one might be the last, considering it is the Pokemon GOD.

heh, God has his own Pokemon. :D

That's because the people obtaining arceus are using action replays.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Arceus... is something I offer little to no opinion on. I like it, and how it can change types and all, but I just don't see myself using one. I really don't, and not just because it's unobtainable (except by hacks and AR), I just really haven't ever liked switching out Pokemon I've been using throughout the game just so I can have a more powerful.

I get emotionally attached to sprites xD I just cant get myself to switch out one of my Pokemon with the Azelf in my PC...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I personally dislike it. I don't find it interesting, but hey that's me.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Well just because Arceus is the god Pokemon, it dosent mean it will mean it will be the last generation, they might continue with new Pokemon, but are not as strong as Arceus, that might give you something to think about. And I own a Arceus that I got from Hall of origin by playing the Azure flute that I got in a mystery gift that I got from my brother.

Back