• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • I was talking with Yuoaman a while back and suggested that there should be a whole forum section for Pokemon Essentials, rather than a cluttered thread like we have now. But I don't see that happening. But, there should definitely be a sticky for the wiki. It would help a bunch.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I was talking with Yuoaman a while back and suggested that there should be a whole forum section for Pokemon Essentials, rather than a cluttered thread like we have now. But I don't see that happening. But, there should definitely be a sticky for the wiki. It would help a bunch.

At this point, I'm willing to support this. This is all just getting to be too much of the same questions over and over again.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • A sticky for the wiki would be pointless. There's a sticky for the rules and some people still don't pay attention to that either. There's a sticky for general help as well, but people still create threads asking for help.

thepsynergist

Years
  • A sticky for the wiki would be pointless. There's a sticky for the rules and some people still don't pay attention to that either. There's a sticky for general help as well, but people still create threads asking for help.

Which is why a subforum for essentials would be better than a forum topic. And the wiki sticky could go in there. Just some food for thought.

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
    Years
    That's just part of running a forum.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Or a mod should edit Poccil's first post.
    I agree

If I wanted to add code to change the music in-battle when the Player is down to one Pokémon, where would the ideal place for this code be?
    When a pokémon failed (oponent) or when a pokémon is send (oponent). You can also create a boolean variable that set false every time that a battle start, and checks every turn (pbCommandPhaseCore) the oponent pokémon, when he has only one, set the variable true and play the music.

I still need help on this
    I already put the pokémon txt in Resource Center.

For more stuff I need help with some questions
    Now I discovery that gen 4 Abilities/Moves/Itens weren't implented on Essentials (I see the PBS and thiks thats working util I tested). There any projects or successfulls trys like https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164404 before stops? Anyone continues this? I need they, especially the Abilities.
    I still need help on this:

How I can centralize the 160x160 sprites (like raptor)? If I put a 160x160 Sprite I need to put a big BattlerAltitude in all pokémon, and they became a little right positioned.
    If this can work on 192x192, is better.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did you try the "Reposition All"?
    After much searching I fond this in the new Essentials version (I have used a 2009 version).
    Thank you, but, in the next time be a little more specific

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • After much searching I fond this in the new Essentials version (I have used a 2009 version).
    Thank you, but, in the next time be a little more specific

Do you have a clean version of the 09?, and is it around December because i need it. The wiki only has the 2010 version of essentials, and poccil site is still down....

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you have a clean version of the 09?, and is it around December because i need it. The wiki only has the 2010 version of essentials, and poccil site is still down....
    Sorry but I think that I've changed some files in the zip. If you still want this send a PM with your e-mail that I send you.
    This version have even the Sever.zip

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • EDITED OUT.

Alright, I just figured out something. First off, I learned how to edit the external editor, and in doing so, I've also figured out how to make essentials tell what Trainers Pokemon should be what gender.. How very handy!

I suppose I'll figure out giving Trainers Pokémon nicknames next. I'm glad I god this thing figured out.

Last edited:

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
  • Aqua Mudkip: Hey guys, newly re-spawned here! Okay... so you enter the grass, water, rock, whatever, and a Pokemon attacks you. Here's the problem for me.

When the person steps on the terrain tag, I want the game to transport the player into a map not to the Pokemon CBS because I want to take full functionality of this new Action Battle System I just acquired. The reason I'm not making a new system from scratch is because I need some of the scripts and programming of the engine. I.E: The EV stats, EXP, HP, etc.

So how do I take the transition before the battle to a map instead of the usual CBS and how do I make it affect the Pokemon's EXP points, HP, status, etc?

thepsynergist

Years
  • Aqua Mudkip: Hey guys, newly re-spawned here! Okay... so you enter the grass, water, rock, whatever, and a Pokemon attacks you. Here's the problem for me.

When the person steps on the terrain tag, I want the game to transport the player into a map not to the Pokemon CBS because I want to take full functionality of this new Action Battle System I just acquired. The reason I'm not making a new system from scratch is because I need some of the scripts and programming of the engine. I.E: The EV stats, EXP, HP, etc.

So how do I take the transition before the battle to a map instead of the usual CBS and how do I make it affect the Pokemon's EXP points, HP, status, etc?

You'd have to use another script kit. Pokemon Essentials custom battle scripts are too embedded for that I think.

Could you send me too? =O

I'll just put up a topic on PlanetDev.

Last edited:

BlackArceus

Trainer-Legende
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Hi!
    I would like to find out how to create a device being able to count the steps the player has taken as in diamond and perl. But how can the computer find out how many steps the player has taken? There must be a counter for hatching eggs but I would like to display the full amount of steps the player has ever taken.
    Thanx!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Here we go, another crazy one from the desk of Ice God64:

I've made a field for it in Pokebattle MoveEffects already, but here's what I'm trying to make:
    A move will have a randomly generated Type, and Base power.
    The range of base power the move can have is: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,70,80,90,100,120,140
    Got the base damages working though so it doesn't matter.
    And the possible types are:
    Normal,Psychic,Dark,Grass,Fire,Water,Electric,Ice,Light
    (I've already defined a Light type, so no worries there.)

I have a feeling this move will be abusing the pbRandom command a lot. Incidentally, the move is called "Troll".

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
  • Here we go, another crazy one from the desk of Ice God64:

I've made a field for it in Pokebattle MoveEffects already, but here's what I'm trying to make:
    A move will have a randomly generated Type, and Base power.
    The range of base power the move can have is: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,70,80,90,100,120,140
    Got the base damages working though so it doesn't matter.
    And the possible types are:
    Normal,Psychic,Dark,Grass,Fire,Water,Electric,Ice,Light
    (I've already defined a Light type, so no worries there.)

I have a feeling this move will be abusing the pbRandom command a lot. Incidentally, the move is called "Troll".

I'd have a look at the move Hidden Power and study how it works. I know it's not random, but it would show you how to deal with different types for the same move.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • How do I modify the font size [the custom font I'm using for my game is too big], and how do I remove the font shadow?

The font size, I'm not so sure about but for removing the font shadow, just go to SpriteWindow and change
    Code:
      DARKTEXTSHADOW=Color.new(189,189,199)
    to whatever your messagebox color is. However, that's not for the entire game, it's just for messages and command boxes.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi!
    I would like to find out how to create a device being able to count the steps the player has taken as in diamond and perl. But how can the computer find out how many steps the player has taken? There must be a counter for hatching eggs but I would like to display the full amount of steps the player has ever taken.
    Thanx!
    You could just make a common event, set a variable to the number of steps you are doing, and call the event every map. I wouldn't know how to script it, but its fairly easy to event.
    The RPG Maker had a option to put the steps number in one variable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back