• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
  • How do you make your game setup controls in the beginning like in Pokemon Raptor Ex?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Make a touch event in this grass that make one switch on. Put the professor off screen with autorun when the switch is ON. Use some move routes to take they to the lab, then teleport to the inside lab. Use the lab example on kit to make the starter choose.

I keep trying to do that, but it either doesn't work, or it continues repeating the lines. This is what I have, I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong (I wish I was able to post pictures right now, this'd make it easier to explain...) :

Spoiler:

It keeps repeating the text with each movement, and with each movement, it resets the move route.

Atomic Reactor

Set Move Route: This Event (This event being Oak)
    Move Up
    Move Up
    Move Right
    Move Right
    Move Up
    Move Up
    Wait For Moves Completion

Text: Oak: You can't go into the tall grass without a
    Pokemon, it's too dangerous!
    Here, follow me to my lab and you can come get a
    Pokemon.

Set Move Route: This Event
    Move Down
    Move Down
    Move Down
    Set Move Route: Player
    Move Down
    Move Down
    Move Down
    Wait For Moves Completion

Then add whatever you want to happen next. You can PM me if you need more help with this event, that way we're not cluttering up the thread.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Still no encounters... dayum. I just keep running in the stupid grass but no stupid pokémon pops out! XD
    Also, I can't add scripts for some reason.. I just get this text box without an 'ok' button...
    NEVER MIND, I FIXED THAT ONE. Just restarted RMXP.

The other problem doesn't go away though... No encounters.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Wow, the number of this thread posts it's over NINE THOUSAND! I wanted to know what of Poccil think of it and your project...
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Look at the pokéballs at the top screen, there a way of this be displayed when opponent send out a pokémon like in official games?
    The ball icons are displayed, exactly like that.

There is a known bug that only occurs when using pbDoubleTrainerBattle, in that only the first enemy trainer's Pokémon are shown. This is to do with the way the array of opponents' Pokémon is created only for these battles. More information is in the Known bugs discussion page. The solution is probably simple

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Still no encounters... dayum. I just keep running in the stupid grass but no stupid pokémon pops out! XD
    Also, I can't add scripts for some reason.. I just get this text box without an 'ok' button...
    NEVER MIND, I FIXED THAT ONE. Just restarted RMXP.

The other problem doesn't go away though... No encounters.

This, AND..

I'm trying to make an event at the very beginning of my game. The game starts in the player's bedroom and when you walk down the stairs (to a certain point in the living room), I want the mother to tell you to wait (so she can give you a pokegear and stuff, blabla) and then leave, but I can't seem to get it working.

Can anybody tell me how to do such things?

To be clear: I want it to be like this. Player hits a certain spot in the room, mother says "WAIT!" and comes at him/her, tells the whole story and stuff and walks towards a chair. I want her to stay there after the 'talking/giving' event is done, so the next time you talk to her she just says something like "Hi! How's your adventure going?"

So basically, it would be something like TEXT > MOVE > TALK > GIVE > LEAVE > STAY, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

PLEASE help me!

Winneon

Years
  • This, AND..

I'm trying to make an event at the very beginning of my game. The game starts in the player's bedroom and when you walk down the stairs (to a certain point in the living room), I want the mother to tell you to wait (so she can give you a pokegear and stuff, blabla) and then leave, but I can't seem to get it working.

Can anybody tell me how to do such things?

To be clear: I want it to be like this. Player hits a certain spot in the room, mother says "WAIT!" and comes at him/her, tells the whole story and stuff and walks towards a chair. I want her to stay there after the 'talking/giving' event is done, so the next time you talk to her she just says something like "Hi! How's your adventure going?"

So basically, it would be something like TEXT > MOVE > TALK > GIVE > LEAVE > STAY, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

PLEASE help me!
    I think you after you complete that event, create another event page on that same event and put the self control switch to "A". Then, on the second page, you put, "Hi! How's your adventure going?". I think it might work. You could try it, event though I might be wrong.

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I think you after you complete that event, create another event page on that same event and put the self control switch to "A". Then, on the second page, you put, "Hi! How's your adventure going?". I think it might work. You could try it, event though I might be wrong.

Ok, but how do I make the mother 'approach'?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    The ball icons are displayed, exactly like that.

There is a known bug that only occurs when using pbDoubleTrainerBattle, in that only the first enemy trainer's Pokémon are shown. This is to do with the way the array of opponents' Pokémon is created only for these battles. More information is in the Known bugs discussion page. The solution is probably simple
    You probably don't understand. I want to show the display EVERY TIME when the opponent change the pokémon like in official games, the display is only showed when the battle start in Essentials.

Ok, but how do I make the mother 'approach'?
    Use move routes event command with Wait or Wait For Moves Completion

Winneon

Years
  • Anybody going to answer my questions above???

Also, how do use town map gen.html for a 240x144 map??? The sections are way to small!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    You probably don't understand. I want to show the display EVERY TIME when the opponent change the pokémon like in official games, the display is only showed when the battle start in Essentials.

I'd love to have that solved, too.
    I tried to mess with this a while ago, but whatever I did, I encountered strange problems.
    For example when I put ONLY A PRINT COMMAND (!!!) for testing purposes in any line i thought to be appropriate for displaying the animation once more , it messed up the battle in having the opponent not send out another pokemon when one was defeated until my pokemon used an attack on the not existing enemy.
    I could not get it to work so i let it the way it was.
    Still, when somebody does get it to work, please tell me! :)

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Anybody going to answer my questions above???

Also, how do use town map gen.html for a 240x144 map??? The sections are way to small!!!

Learn the basics of coding before you try doing major changes. And change back your game resolution to the normal 480X320. Then in the main script replace the def Mainfunction with this one:

Code:
    def mainFunction
     if $DEBUG
       pbCriticalCode { mainFunctionDebug }
       $ResizeFacotr=0.5
     else
       mainFunctionDebug
       $ResizeFacotr=0.5
     end
     return 1
    end

Winneon

Years
  • Learn the basics of coding before you try doing major changes. And change back your game resolution to the normal 480X320. Then in the main script replace the def Mainfunction with this one:

Code:
    def mainFunction
     if $DEBUG
       pbCriticalCode { mainFunctionDebug }
       $ResizeFacotr=0.5
     else
       mainFunctionDebug
       $ResizeFacotr=0.5
     end
     return 1
    end
    What will that new script code do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Hey poccil can u please update the kit for pokemon Black and White? Or at least add a lil' ''Pokemon Manager Program'' Which lets u add pokemon u want to the game. Please reply

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • Hey poccil can u please update the kit for pokemon Black and White? Or at least add a lil' ''Pokemon Manager Program'' Which lets u add pokemon u want to the game. Please reply

Poccil isn't active anymore, and probably isn't going to update the kit anymore.
    A Pokemon Manager Program isn't needed, as you can add Pokémon in \PBS\pokemon.txt .
    I suggest reading the notes of the starterkit to learn how to do this exactly.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    You add pokemon in by using the pokemon.txt file located within the PBS folder.

The Unova Pack located within the Resource Center has the files with all the unova changes added

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Poccil isn't active anymore, and probably isn't going to update the kit anymore.
    A Pokemon Manager Program isn't needed, as you can add Pokémon in \PBS\pokemon.txt .
    I suggest reading the notes of the starterkit to learn how to do this exactly.

This. If you can't learn how to work with text formatting in a text file, how do you expect to make a full fledged pokemon game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back