• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • I've had a desire to edit text in Pokemon Crystal for a while now, and I finally took the resolve to try. My problem is, I can't figure out how to do it.

First off, I use Translhextion. I followed the following tutorial:I used the following table file for Pokemon Crystal:
    Code:
    00=A
    01=B
    02=C
    03=D
    04=E
    05=F
    06=G
    07=H
    08=I
    09=J
    0A=K
    0B=L
    0C=M
    0D=N
    0E=O
    0F=P
    10=Q
    11=R
    12=S
    13=T
    14=U
    15=V
    16=W
    17=X
    18=Y
    19=Z
    1A=a
    1B=b
    1C=c
    1D=d
    1E=e
    1F=f
    20=g
    21=h
    22=i
    23=j
    24=k
    25=l
    26=m
    27=n
    28=o
    29=p
    2A=q
    2B=r
    2C=s
    2D=t
    2E=u
    2F=v
    30=w
    31=x
    32=y
    33=z
    34=0
    35=1
    36=2
    37=3
    38=4
    39=5
    3A=6
    3B=7
    3C=8
    3D=9
    3E=A^
    3F=A~
    40=A:
    41=C,
    42=E`
    43=E'
    44=E^
    45=E:
    46=I^
    47=I:
    48=O^
    49=O:
    4A=U^
    4B=U:
    4C=N~
    4D=O'
    4E=U`
    4F=U'
    50=a`
    51=a'
    52=a^
    53=a:
    54=c,
    55=e`
    56=e'
    57=:-
    58=u'
    59=e^
    5A=e:
    5B=i^
    5C=i:
    5D=o^
    5E=i'
    5F=n~
    60=o'
    61=o:
    62=u^
    63=u:
    64=ß
    65=.
    66=,
    67=!
    68=?
    69=;
    6A=:
    6B= 
    6C=¡
    6D=¿
    6E=-
    6F='
    70=/
    71=&
    73=>
    76=$
    78=+
    F1=*
    >
    #
    Then I followed the directions in the tutorial. It worked fine, until I reached step 5. I clicked "Thingy View Active," but there was no comprehensible text to the right. I used the search method described in step 6, but couldn't find anything under MEOWTH or PROF.OAK.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I've never experimented with hex before (my only other programming experience is some very basic C).

Everything you did looks correct to me.
    Did you try scrolling down, do see if any text appears at all?
    It's possible that somehow the table wasn't loaded correctly, or you made a mistake while searching.
    Try to verify that the table is loaded correctly.

A different method you could use, would be to use Thingy, instead of Translhextion.
    Thingy 32 (or Thingy, is you like DOS), can be obtained on www.zophar.net, or the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
    A Readme file is included.

randy13oh

Novie Editor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Can someone tell me how i can add items you have to use a hm move on like i need to know how to move a bush to be cut from one map to another same with a rock for rocksmash and strength to move boulders and so on and so on. Can anyone help me? Thank You

Years
  • I looked around to see if this was being answered before.

I get this on EVERY back sprite I try to upload. How do I fix it? I'm using PokePic.exe, by the way. =/

Also, a friend of mine is wondering if you can import your own background music into the game. Is this possible? If so, how?

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • That just means that your images size is bigger. To fix it you'll just have to repoint it. You could do it easier using Unzl-GBA.

Years
  • Using the search, I found this. However, I looked some more, and found a list of the Pokemon in Emerald...and the files didn't work. Besides, I'm not hacking Emerald, I'm hacking Ruby. The Pokemon on this one is replacing Sharpedo. I also plan to replace Numel and Camerupt with something.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • ohh shoot i forgot sorry, for fire red.

The palette offset for the girl's battle sprite in Fire-Red is E678F0 /Hex).

Can someone tell me how i can add items you have to use a hm move on like i need to know how to move a bush to be cut from one map to another same with a rock for rocksmash and strength to move boulders and so on and so on. Can anyone help me? Thank You

Just copy an existing event's properties, to your new one, that should work.
    You might have to copy the script of it, too.

Using the search, I found this. However, I looked some more, and found a list of the Pokemon in Emerald...and the files didn't work. Besides, I'm not hacking Emerald, I'm hacking Ruby. The Pokemon on this one is replacing Sharpedo. I also plan to replace Numel and Camerupt with something.

Replacing Pokémon or Trainer images works the same way in all Advance games, the version doesn't matter.
    If you follow the tutorial, from the link you just provided, you should have no problems replacing them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    How can I change the Sage below into a Male Swimmer in a hex editor?

If there is a hex code could you give me that too?

Thanks in advance.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • How can I change the Sage below into a Male Swimmer in a hex editor?

If there is a hex code could you give me that too?

Thanks in advance.

That can be changed in the Trainer data, for said Trainer.
    I posted the structure of said data here some time ago, using the search function will point you to the post of relevance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I couldn't find the code using that you posted before. I used the search function. What's the code before the trainer number?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Hey everyone!

Everytime I try to load up any ROM in VBA advance, it freezes and looks like the screenshot below. My emulator was working fine yesterday, so whyisn'tit now?

Thanks in advance

:t131:Micklo

Attachments

• [Archive] Simple Questions
      error.PNG
      4.7 KB · Views: 26

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

Everytime I try to load up any ROM in VBA advance, it freezes and looks like the screenshot below. My emulator was working fine yesterday, so whyisn'tit now?

Thanks in advance

You should check your Save-Type settings, how to set them has been described in the FAQ thread of this forum.
    It's possible that they were reseted, due to an action you might have done.

Does this only happen with one ROM, or with all of them?
    If it's just one, the file might be corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    You should check your Save-Type settings, how to set them has been described in the FAQ thread of this forum.
    It's possible that they were reseted, due to an action you might have done.

Does this only happen with one ROM, or with all of them?
    If it's just one, the file might be corrupted.

Unfortunately its with any ROM I use. I even tried to redownload a clean ruby. I then even redownloaded VBA (v1.8.0 beta3) but still nothing will work!

acemaster101

<<Lunar Fable &
    Years
  • I edited two maps of my game...but when I went to play my game, the maps were wrecked somehow. View the screenshots I took of the maps...the first one is Route 1 modified, and the second is a modified Pallet Town. Any help in fixing this problem would be great!

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • I edited two maps of my game...but when I went to play my game, the maps were wrecked somehow. View the screenshots I took of the maps...the first one is Route 1 modified, and the second is a modified Pallet Town. Any help in fixing this problem would be great!

Hmm... I'm not really sure what's wrong here but I would have to guess that you have some how tempted with the tiles or the palletes. Did you just start it on a fresh game or were you editing an already edited game?

Ichigo Tamasura

Bleach Fan.
    Years
  • Ok, i'm not so sure if it's been posted before but i'm going to ask anyhoo.

When you use sappy, how do you figure out the numbers to place into
    Advance Map? e.g on Sappy (Firered) Pallet Town's tune is 300,
    Advance map's number is 012C

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Unfortunately its with any ROM I use. I even tried to redownload a clean ruby. I then even redownloaded VBA (v1.8.0 beta3) but still nothing will work!

Try extracting VBA into a clean (new) folder, or delete/rename your VBA.ini file to something different like "vba2.ini".
    It's possible that some settings were unintentionally changed, that stop the games from playing.

If that fails as well, you should consider going back to one of your system restore point, from when it still worked.

I edited two maps of my game...but when I went to play my game, the maps were wrecked somehow. View the screenshots I took of the maps...the first one is Route 1 modified, and the second is a modified Pallet Town. Any help in fixing this problem would be great!

Looks like the border-block data has been messed up.
    The easiest and fastest way to fix it, would be to go back to your backup copy, and re-do the changed you made.
    Else, you could try and repoint the Map again, as it might be inserted at a wrong offset.
    Also check the Map connections, and if necessary, repoint them again.

Ok, i'm not so sure if it's been posted before but i'm going to ask anyhoo.

When you use sappy, how do you figure out the numbers to place into
    Advance Map? e.g on Sappy (Firered) Pallet Town's tune is 300,
    Advance map's number is 012C

300 is decimal, and stands for 12C in Hex.
    All you have to do is to convert Sappy's song numbers to Hex, and use them in Advance-Map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back