• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you a boy or are you a girl?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I choose the male character... I never play with the female character.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
I choose my gender in every game unless I hate the character representing it, so female. I dont think Ill like another game in the series as much as XY just because of trainer customization. Hopefully the XY sequels have it and Ill be set.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I can't think of a game that's given me the option to pick a male or female where I don't reliably choose the female in outside of B/W. ^-^; I just relate to women more and generally greatly prefer their design. But in a game where I can change their appearance? Female automatically wins, by default, guaranteed.

Reactions: Sun

itsnairb

Fire Type Expert
Years
I picked the boy in Y ;)
But in platinum i picked Dawn,
she was quit cool!
But for me the gender isnt importent,
never had the feeling that "this is a 10 years old version of me" :)

Shayochism

SHAYAN DRAVEN
Years
I just restarted the game because I felt uncomfortable using a female model. Male one looks so much better to me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gone with the female character in run one. I've been playing as male for most of my play-through of games prior to gen six, and when X and Y were released, I wanted to side with something different. In my second and third runs, however, it was male.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Well, I chose the boy because I'm a boy! But I have to say ... the female character has a lot more costumization! For example, the hair-styles. The male character only has 3 or 4( I don't remember well) hair-styles, but the female one has many!

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
I normally don't choose to play as a girl. I don't mind it, but if it's a silent protagonist that I'm supposed to identify with, then I'll choose the character closest to myself. On top of that, in Y, the male had the customization features I wanted. Wish there was a way for me to upload his outfits before I started a New Game.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Picked the girl because of the high amount of customisation options and Calem looking plain generic.

Sometimes I like to dress my character up as a trainer class as close as I can. Currently my character is dressed as a Hoenn Aroma Lady.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I play as a male. I've tried playing as the female a couple of times but always restart the save after an hour or so. Just doesn't feel right cause I'm a male in real life and when I play Pokémon I want the character to be a little digital version of myself.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
I played a boy because I have this weird complex where I feel awkward picking outfits for a girl but if I have the choice to give her functional armor (not the awkwardly sexual kind) then Id rather play a female.

Back