• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a vegetarian who doesn't eat animal products to stop them from being killed?

Jarman

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Read this (WARNING: DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU ARE A LITTLE KID). It will show you the true light on vegetarianism.

Years
  • Hmm, tch, my aunt is that way. An' for that same reason too.

Meh, tch, killin' 'em an' eatin' 'em is a natural way of life. Even if ya don't kill animals ta survive, ya kill plants. It's just a natural way in which life goes. If animals didn't eat eachother, they would starve ta death. I see nothin' wrong with eating animal meat.
    Tch, only thing I'm worried about is tha poaching an' eating of endangered species. -_-

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • The true light on vegetarianism? There can't be a "true light" on it, because not everyone has the same intentions. Some people do it because they think that killing cows is wrong, and some just prefer carrots over steak.

Honestly though, Maddox is like Michael Moore. He's good at making people believe what he believes, but it doesn't mean that everything that spews from his mouth is true.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    this is rediculous. to call somebody's opinion the "true light" is pretty much absurd. this article is biased like crazy. it's obvious that the author hates vegetarians because he thinks that they think too highly of themselves, so his claims can't be accepted as fact... i give it an F. what are animal rights vegetarians supposed to do? just not eat? any food produced in factories or large plants has a risk of having animals killed in it's progress.

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    rsgh5 said:
    this is rediculous. to call somebody's opinion the "true light" is pretty much absurd. this article is biased like crazy. it's obvious that the author hates vegetarians because he thinks that they think too highly of themselves, so his claims can't be accepted as fact... i give it an F. what are animal rights vegetarians supposed to do? just not eat? any food produced in factories or large plants has a risk of having animals killed in it's progress.

They could stop being vegetarians. And if you look beyond the biasness, it makes very good points.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    they could, but a lot of the times people who haven't eaten meat (especially red meat) for a long time who eat it again get really sick. and it does make some good points, but it kinda comes across as the ranting of a hateful author.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Deviruchi said:
    Im not vegetarian because I love the animals, Im a vegetarian because I hate the plants~
    XD

I wanted to be a vegetarian once. :x My friend is a vegetarian.

...and I have nothing else to say on the matter, except for that it may be correct, but hey, vegetarianism is also a healthier lifestyle if you balance it correctly. =P

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • here's how i see it:
    1. animals eat weaker animals
    2. some people comsider humans animals
    3. humans eat weaker animals (which happens to be everything else)

being at the top of the food chain rulz (i couldn't imagine a life without meat)

Da Schwarz

Yall Want a Single?
    Years
  • i love meat, i also eat vegetables, and bread, and sugar, and meat, mostly meat its sooo good, if i didn't eat meat i couldn't run like i can

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Im a vegetarian why? Because I hate the taste of Meat.

and I love fluffy animals...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Cows and pigs aren't fluffy, Amelia...or did you eat puppies before you went veg? ^_~

The man's point is valid, but he's far too in-your-face and self-righteous to ever make himself sound credible. I would hate to read an article about something that I care about and see him slamming it in such an audacious way. I can understand his anger against militant vegans, but not all vegetarians...I'd like to be one for health reasons, but unfortunately I hate most vegetables. Well, actually, I would still eat meat, just not with every meal... fried chicken <3

But as a counterpoint, almost all people eat wheat and grain...I mean, it's the main ingredient in bread, I don't see how anyone could avoid eating it o_o;

The "guiltless grill" bit was a tad silly, though, I'll admit. The restaurant was kind of implying that one should be guilty for being an omnivore <_<;

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    They are fluffy..kinda..but still...meh there cute so I wont eat them.

Im pethetic, I do know.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • Wow and you actually agree with this article...? And why let me put it this way, you have a problem. You can't handle others having a different opinion than that of yourself...JERK! If you recall the old topic on Vegitarianism from I think the T-Dome, we had a very good debate on it. Vegitarianism is not a beleif but a moral beleif that a person feels is right. You think its OK to eat meat and they don't...DEAL WITH IT...BYE! :dead:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I don't like it when assholes diss vegetarians, I mean what have they ever done to them? :/ It pisses me off.

I'm not a vegetarian though. I don't see the harm in eating meat, and its delicious.

Animals get killed in many ways anyway, there's no stopping that.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • Alrighty. Let me comment on this.

First of all, yes, there are animals killed in combines and such. But, it's not like they're going to stop the machine for every little animal they see! Besides, can you even see the animals from that high up?

My neighbor is a farmer for a profession. No, he isn't a vegetarian, but do you really expect them to quit their job to save a bunch of furry animals? I don't. There are plenty of small animals out there, and normally, they multiply way to fast for the hunters and stuff to keep up with them, so, it's not going to hurt for a couple to die.

Yes, you veggies don't want to eat meat, such as cows and pigs. You think you're "saving" them. They're going to die anyway.

Yes, I may sound a bit rude, but there is my standpoint.

Back