• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    It does not matter if your gay or not as long as they both love eachother nothing is wrong.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    It does not matter if your gay or not as long as they both love eachother nothing is wrong.

Why is it not wrong?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Male + Female = Child

Male + Male or Female + Female = Adopted! <geez that will suck big time

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    There's no need to poke fun <.<

I'm sure they don't choose there lifestyle. There has to be some kind of hereditary trait.

I personally think it isn't voluntary, which is why I wouldn't even think about poking fun.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Why is it not wrong?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Male + Female = Child

Male + Male or Female + Female = Adopted! <geez that will suck big time

It's not wrong for people to love eachother and be the same sex because they have reasons that didn't come out of a book.

Suck big time?
    Wouldn't you think that the kids in the orphanage would like to be adopted by a gay couple as much as a straight couple as long as they get adopted and have parents to care for them?

Heck, If I was an Orphan, and if any type of couple, Gay or Straight, was thinking to adopt me, I would try my best to get adopted by them and get the crap out of that orphanage! I mean, who wants to be an Orphan? I certainly don't.

Last edited:

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    I am for gay marriage. Love shouldn't be limited to between a man and a woman. Why? Love comes in various manners possible, and this is one of them. So what if the two are of the same gender? What's important is the happiness, love, trust, and respect they share for each other.

Should anyone be disrespected just because of their sexual orientation? I think not. People are entitled to their own beliefs.

I whole-heartedly second that.

I don't really see any need to stop them getting married just because they are the same gender. Couldn't it be classed as discrimination?
    I mean, refusal to letting two homosexuals be Wed...in some places, could it not be Discrimination for it to be illegal?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It's not wrong for people to love eachother and be the same sex because they have reasons that didn't come out of a book.

Suck big time?
    Wouldn't you think that the kids in the orphanage would like to be adopted by a gay couple as much as a straight couple as long as they get adopted and have parents to care for them?

Heck, If I was an Orphan, and if any type of couple, Gay or Straight, was thinking to adopt me, I would try my best to get adopted by them and get the crap out of that orphanage! I mean, who wants to be an Orphan? I certainly don't.

With that you make it sound like orphans just use people...

One thing I have to criticize about a woman and a woman is sperm banks. When women decide to have a child, using a sperm bank may be the only reasonable option.

They've had a lot of specials on lately about siblings, and children being from the same sperm donor. So people who are artificially inseminated may have brothers and sisters they don't even know about.

Not to mention having that whole half of your life missing, and hereditary diseases that you have no knowing about.

:/

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    A bond between a man and a woman has been the norm of society forever.
    That's only because we didn't exactly know about sexual orientations forever. If we did, then there wouldn't be one norm, but two. The bond between a man and a woman, as well as the bond between two men/women.

xXscytherXx said:
    Not to mention having that whole half of your life missing, and hereditary diseases that you have no knowing about.

Although that is true, not everyone will subdue to that. I have a friend with two mothers. She seems fine, she's not depressed because she doesn't know what it's like to have a father.

I'm going on a rant against scyther today o_o;

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    .Marz. said:
    That's only because we didn't exactly know about sexual orientations forever. If we did, then there wouldn't be one norm, but two. The bond between a man and a woman, as well as the bond between two men/women.

Yeah, I think not. Based on what your saying, your going back to when we looked like monkeys more than we looked like now.

If the bond between a man and a woman was the same, even when we were dumb as monkeys, then why would there be two norms?

I'm telling you something hereditary must've appeared sometime when we could actually think for ourselves, instead of instincts.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, I think not. Based on what your saying, your going back to when we looked like monkeys more than we looked like now.

If the bond between a man and a woman was the same, even when we were dumb as monkeys, then why would there be two norms?

I'm telling you something hereditary must've appeared sometime when we could actually think for ourselves, instead of instincts.

So you're saying that when we were monkeys, we could only have sex with a monkey of the opposite gender (monkeys weren't getting married back then)? I don't think so. I doubt that the Bible was based on our actions way back in the early stages of human evolution, and the Bible is what states how humans should be able to marry. Except, not everyone is religious, or religious enough to an extent to read or live their life by what the Bible says, and if that person happens to be gay, they'll be getting the thought of marriage with their partner.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Yeah, if the bible is your main argument, it also says only a man and a women may marry. And I'm not saying we couldn't of had sex with male monkeys [LOL, enough with monkeys] but we WOULD only have sex with the opposite gender.

Marriage is one of the seven sacraments, made for religious beliefs.

Even when straight people who have no religious beliefs get married, it makes me think that they're totally hypocritical. I mean why follow the sacraments, if you don't follow god.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Here is soemthing I just wanted to get out there:
    No matter what, you can't help who you fall in love with. Wheter it be two men or two women, the should have the right to marry no matter what. Not to mention wheter someone is gay, does not affect you unless you are gay. Your life still goes on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    OMG I need to argue :P
    Marriage is one of the seven sacraments, made for religious beliefs.

Even when straight people who have no religious beliefs get married, it makes me think that they're totally hypocritical. I mean why follow the sacraments, if you don't follow god.

Marriage probably never was made for religous beliefs and most cerainly isn't carried out like this today.

Marriage is carried out by ALL religions, it can't be associated with just Judaism/Christianity and evidence shows that early forms of partnership happened before recorded religions existed.
    • Marriage is made to show unison of two people (in a relationship preferably).
    • Marriage is used to encourage the growing up of a household and forming bonds.
    • Marriage is a contract used for legal purposes such as sharing property.
    • Marriage allowed children to rightfully inherit some property.
    • Marriage acts as a bridge between feuding families (eg War of the Roses).
    • Marriage was once used to show dominance and ownership (quite sexist, but its true, since in most religious scripture, males are the more dominant over females).
    Religions have used some of these reasons of marriage and fitted them into its own beliefs. Using the Bible as an example; The Seven Sacraments, is also based from Catholical views, a branch of Christianity that has come around a few hundred or so years after the bible was written. I cant find anywhere in the Bible that explicity states the invention of Marriage for religous reasons (please correct me if I am wrong however).
    Other marriages worldwide are not affected by Catholic doctrine, eg Hindu weddings.

Sexual orientations don't really change, homosexuality has been recorded from ages ago. Heterosexuality will always be more recognised as the 'norm' since it is more common (hmm 90% of people).

Legally, you're allowed to find the father/mother once you're 18. Woman can also have an in vitro fertilisation, using an embryo that is not there own. In most places (here anyway) there is restrictions about who donates gametes. Eitherway, the offspring wouldnt necessarily be missing a parent, since the new ones could more than make up for it.

LOL this is offensive to monkeys XD :laugh:
    Humans are animals. Homosexuality occurs between animals as well as humans.
    As an animal, we still have 'instincts', it is instinct that we defend ourselves or family members. Animals on the other hand are also able to think for themselves, just to a lesser extent than us.

Yeah, if the bible is your main argument,
    No offense, but using the Bible as proof that another persons sexual orientation is wrong, is like using Mein Kampf to justify anti semitism.

Last edited:

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years

Suck big time?

I really don't care what you think because I'm always going to be against it and yeah if I was to see a gay couple I can't or wouldn't stop them.I just disagree with it dude.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    I'm for it to tell you the truth, I say that people should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies, I mean, tabooing is against the bible but people do it anyway. I say that you can do what you want as long as you're willing to take responsibility for it.

~JBCBlank

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I'm for it to tell you the truth, I say that people should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies, I mean, tabooing is against the bible but people do it anyway. I say that you can do what you want as long as you're willing to take responsibility for it.

~JBCBlank

If your parents were gay, you wouldn't be here, would you?

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    Sure you would, you'd just be adopted and instead of being brought up by somebody not capable of such (hence, you being up for adoption in the first place), you'd be with two loving parents instead.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    wtf? You're saying that every man/woman relationship is total crap?

Seriously. You personally wouldn't be here if either of your parents was gay.

Homosexuality has everything to do with religion and stuff. Virtually every religion in the world, including the major ones in this country, consider homosexuality unacceptable. It is offensive and a swipe to the religious freedom of the majority to have to recognize a relationship they consider sinful. The legal system in the United States evolved out of the laws contained in the Bible. We shouldn't go even farther to tear down those laws.

The 50 percent divorce rate has already weakened the definition of marriage. We shouldn't be taking further steps to define what marriage is. A law allowing gay marriage would increase the number of joke or non-serious marriages, such as a couple of friends who want to save on taxes. [like that one movie with Adam Sandler ] Marriage is the most sacred institution in this country, and every society considers it the joining of a man and a woman. It makes biological sense since only a man and woman can pro-create.
    The building blocks of our society and the thing that makes it strong is the traditional family of man, woman, and children. It is what has sustained us through two world wars, a great depression, and numerous other challenges over the centuries. While friends & lovers come and go, your family is always there. The main reason our culture and values have started to crumble is the weakening of families. Introducing another form of "family" would only make the situation worse.

Last edited:

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
    I'm against Gay Marrige. I believe in a Civil Union, but I don't think it should be called Marriage when a couple of the same sex are "Wed". And a marriage is a sacred bond between a Man and a Woman. Actually, I agree with everything Mitt Romney says about Gay Marriage. And don't flame me for my beliefs--Eveyone is entitled an opinion, aren't we?

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    wtf? You're saying that every man/woman relationship is total crap?

Seriously. You personally wouldn't be here if either of your parents was gay..

No, I said that if a child is up for adoption that the parents were inept and the child would be far better off with a gay couple adopting them.

Also, rest of your post is copypasta so it's irrelevent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back