• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    For those who took their time to "compliment" on my opinion:

Besides, most of you refuse to give a real good reason the post is offensive besides the fact that I gave a little history lesson.

And if I'm such a gay hater, how come no one seems to be protesting against Shinji or anyone else and saying "That is the most despicable post evur"?

And Jwilso, refresh me on when I said "Good" olden days.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Besides, most of you refuse to give a real good reason the post is offensive besides the fact that I gave a little history lesson.

What sort of history lesson was that? And yes, it was offensive. I'll just remind your kiddie brain what you typed:

Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.
    It 'amazes me' that gay people would be stoned and now people defend homosexuality? Well obviously that shows your views on the comparison, so stoning people to death is better than others accepting somebody else's way of life? Your post clearly implies that 'olden days' of throwing rocks is better.
    That is over 10% of the worldwide population. Seems like a lot of stones to throw to me.

And also 'little pink butterfly wussies'... bashing people because of their views is pathetic, that's not even a good insult. Because someone has outspoken opinions doesn't mean that they're a wimp, quite the opposite actually. Associating people who defend homosexuality with 'pink buttefly wussies' also reflects how stupid you must be. Maybe it's something you learnt from the playground or something.

Also, Shinji_ and others comments weren't offensive. They did not attack other peoples views unfairly, but explained their reasons by stating their opinions, often based on some sort of religious viewpoint.

Also a random point, if you're homophobic on the outside, then its more likely that you have homosexual feelings. Homophobia shows that the individual is unable accept other peoples ways of life caused by stigmatism of modern day society, so intends to hide their own beliefs by acting the polar opposite.

I'm not gay at all, but I'm not idiotic enough to criticise or discriminate millions of people because I cant accept their way of life.

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
  • I'm all for it. I see nothing wrong with two people loving eachother. Though when you think about it..it is a little strange. Kinda makes me think.. like Sasuke + Sakura is fine, Naruto + Hinata is fine..But what about Kakashi + Iruka? Or Sasori + Deidara? The whole concept of gay marrige strikes me as a little odd, however I have no issue with it. If two people of the same gender just HAPPEN to love eachother that way & wanna get married..So be it ^^ Hahaha...Naruto referrences :3

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • I'm against it 100%. I don't agree with it at all and being a Christian it's obvious that I wouldnt agree, I dont wanna get all religious but God Made Adam a Guy and Eve a Girl in the beginning for a reason so that people would realize that a guy is supposed to marry a girl not the same sex thats not right.

I'm for Gay marriage. Love is Love! God wanted Love in the World, so Gay Marriage being illegal would be against God's wishes.

(Sorry, I sound like a right Jerk here but its kinda true...)

O_O;; No offense but are you kidding me? God did not want people to be gay if you know so much about what God wants then go read your bible and you will see that your wrong :)

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    Homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord (Leviticus 18:22)
    Here're some other equal abominations according to the bible)

Shaving (Leviticus 19:22)
    Shrimp (Leviticus 11:10)
    Tattoos (Leviticus 19:28)
    Working on Saturday (Leviticus 19:30)
    Polyester (Leviticus 19:19)
    Bunnies (Leviticus 11:6)
    Hamburger (Leviticus 17:10)
    Vegetable Gardens (Leviticus 19:19)

Talk about knowin' your bible, huh?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Hey, guys, maybe it's possible to believe in god without taking everything from A BOOK seriously.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Im for gay marriage. especially guy and guy marriage. More girls for me. lol

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • ...Besides, most of you refuse to give a real good reason the post is offensive besides the fact that I gave a little history lesson.

And if I'm such a gay hater, how come no one seems to be protesting against Shinji or anyone else and saying "That is the most despicable post evur"?
    Firstly, you seem more than a little arrogant at stating your view of marriage and those involved. It's fine if you disagree on the subject of same-sex marriage. It is NOT fine, however, if you turn your opinion into a polemic and attack others if they differ.

As for Shiniji_, he's apparently a creationist and believes that same-sex marriage is a contravention of God's word. That's fine, yet I believe the second post he's made could have been more civil than just saying 'you're wrong'.

Part of a topic like this is keeping a civil tongue and defending what you believe, but that requires a real look at what you believe, not an assault on what others think.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I'm against it 100%. I don't agree with it at all and being a Christian it's obvious that I wouldnt agree, I dont wanna get all religious but God Made Adam a Guy and Eve a Girl in the beginning for a reason so that people would realize that a guy is supposed to marry a girl not the same sex thats not right.

The bible does not say that God made them "just to get married". He made them so we could breed, basicaly live on.

In my opinion, that book is full of bologna. Thats just my opinion.

I too am christian, but that doesn't mean that gay marriage is wrong. For christians, Jesus Christ sacraficed his life to save our's. Why, becuase according to the bible, if you ever look at a woman with lust, then you would go to hell, and many other things. So, jesus died for our sins, in order for forgiveness....The key word in that sentence is "Forgiveness".

So, if the christian religion is true, and if you are forgivin for all your sins, then being gay could be forgiven too. Even though its supposably against God's wishes, you would be forgiven. If not, then the bible would be contradicting itself, and if the bible "is" the word of god, and if it did contradict itself, then the whole book would be wrong.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • What sort of history lesson was that? And yes, it was offensive. I'll just remind your kiddie brain what you typed:

It 'amazes me' that gay people would be stoned and now people defend homosexuality? Well obviously that shows your views on the comparison, so stoning people to death is better than others accepting somebody else's way of life? Your post clearly implies that 'olden days' of throwing rocks is better.
    That is over 10% of the worldwide population. Seems like a lot of stones to throw to me.

I don't get what you're trying to say here. You probably didn't get what he was saying. He's obviously just stating how much things have changed since those days, not whether it's better or not. The rest of his post was offensive though I'll give you that.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
  • I am for gay marriage. Love shouldn't be limited to between a man and a woman. Why? Love comes in various manners possible, and this is one of them. So what if the two are of the same gender? What's important is the happiness, love, trust, and respect they share for each other.

Should anyone be disrespected just because of their sexual orientation? I think not. People are entitled to their own beliefs.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    I'm Catholic, but I'm only Catholic because I was born Catholic. We don't go to Church on Sunday, or anything. And I'm bisexual. But I don't really care.

As for gay marriage, I voted 'For it', simply because that's my view on it. However, I believe there are some issues that should be addressed.

Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.
    Not all gay people are like that, you know. Apparently, you've been raised in a place that seems to be defying the inevitable, since gay people are always going to be around. Gay people can be as manly or womanly as a heterosexual. Whether they choose to be or not is their choice, and their choice alone, you can't attack that and say that all homosexuals are alike.

Regarding the Bible, who gives a damn? It's a book, for sanity's sake. God wanted us to love everyone and to be accepting, and he himself was an accepting person. If he really didn't want gay people around, he would have given us an order to kill them, or he would have rounded all the heterosexuals into a boat and made a flood.

The end.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.

In all my years at PC, this may be among the most despicable things I have ever read on this message board. Tell me you're not serious.

Good olden days... In where? Philestine? :\
    Also when you could have as many wives as you want, When we had to stay in on Sundays or get stoned, When eating food could get you stoned, When leaving home as a child could get you stoned, When having a partner before marriage could get you stoned, When pre adolescents were in arranged marriages, When children would be sold into slavery, When we could prove innocence in a fight to the death, When a sensible law was out of place?
    Yes it truly is amazing how less civilised humanity as become with age!

Homosexuality is a way of life, like having a different skin colour. If you can't accept people for this, then there is clearly something wrong with you.

For those who took their time to "compliment" on my opinion:

And Jwilso, refresh me on when I said "Good" olden days.

What sort of history lesson was that? And yes, it was offensive. I'll just remind your kiddie brain what you typed:

And also 'little pink butterfly wussies'... bashing people because of their views is pathetic, that's not even a good insult. Because someone has outspoken opinions doesn't mean that they're a wimp, quite the opposite actually. Associating people who defend homosexuality with 'pink buttefly wussies' also reflects how stupid you must be. Maybe it's something you learnt from the playground or something.

Also, Shinji_ and others comments weren't offensive. They did not attack other peoples views unfairly, but explained their reasons by stating their opinions, often based on some sort of religious viewpoint.

Also a random point, if you're homophobic on the outside, then its more likely that you have homosexual feelings. Homophobia shows that the individual is unable accept other peoples ways of life caused by stigmatism of modern day society, so intends to hide their own beliefs by acting the polar opposite.

I'm not gay at all, but I'm not idiotic enough to criticise or discriminate millions of people because I cant accept their way of life.

I'm Catholic, but I'm only Catholic because I was born Catholic. We don't go to Church on Sunday, or anything. And I'm bisexual. But I don't really care.

As for gay marriage, I voted 'For it', simply because that's my view on it. However, I believe there are some issues that should be addressed.

Not all gay people are like that, you know. Apparently, you've been raised in a place that seems to be defying the inevitable, since gay people are always going to be around. Gay people can be as manly or womanly as a heterosexual. Whether they choose to be or not is their choice, and their choice alone, you can't attack that and say that all homosexuals are alike.

Regarding the Bible, who gives a damn? It's a book, for sanity's sake. God wanted us to love everyone and to be accepting, and he himself was an accepting person. If he really didn't want gay people around, he would have given us an order to kill them, or he would have rounded all the heterosexuals into a boat and made a flood.

The end.

You know, whenever a topic of Homosexuality comes up, PC starts a flame war. Because if there is even one a bible crazy Catholic in the database, topics like this start a fight.

It's getting pretty sick to see PC imploding on itself.

Did some of us come to join PC?
    Or did some of us just come here to start a flame war?

hm...
    By the look of the quoted, the second one seems right.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Hey, I didn't join PC to engage in flame wars. *starts fistfight*

I wasn't saying the quoted just joined to flame wars >>

I was saying PC members in general. Some didn't, But I believe there were some that did.

I didn't say "The quoted just joined to start flame wars" did I? I was reflecting the quoted posts on the flame wars that was happening in the posts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Im for gay marriage. especially guy and guy marriage. More girls for me. lol

I disagree with you because a Boy + a Boy or a Girl + a Girl doesn't make any sense. I'm not against them although I'm againt the marriage. I think it's just a weird idea to get married when your Gay/Lesbien. I know it's love and whatever but I think it's just weird and not normal. My opinion though. =P

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I disagree with you because a Boy + a Boy or a Girl + a Girl doesn't make any sense. I'm not against them although I'm againt the marriage. I think it's just a weird idea to get married when your Gay/Lesbien. I know it's love and whatever but I think it's just weird and not normal. My opinion though. =P

Yeah but the homosexuals probably say that exact same thing against heterosexuals. "Isn't it weird to get married to a girl when you're a guy?"
    So, in the end, it makes no difference, if you love them, you should be able to have the right to marry. It's like an official "I will spend the rest of my life with you." scratching out the divorce possibility. :\

Hey, guys, maybe it's possible to believe in god without taking everything from A BOOK seriously.

I second that.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I'm against gay marriage. But that doesn't mean I hate people who are gay, or dislike them in any way.

Just, I don't support it. A bond between a man and a woman has been the norm of society forever. And it will always be.

Humans are just a species of animals, and all animals have the same instinct. To reproduce. Mix that with the human mind, and emotions, and of course you'll get different occurances.

Homosexuals can get married, but I'm not like "You got my thumbs up!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back