• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Ha ha, good eye. Well, I edited out the stuff I copied and pasted. I didn't even like it anyways. The stuff I left is from my heart.

And why would they be better off with a gay couple? Because all Male/ Female relationships are inept?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Wahoo arguing... :P
    Virtually every religion in the world, including the major ones in this country, consider homosexuality unacceptable. It is offensive and a swipe to the religious freedom of the majority to have to recognize a relationship they consider sinful. The legal system in the United States evolved out of the laws contained in the Bible. We shouldn't go even farther to tear down those laws.

Just because an ancient religion decrees a belief, doesn't mean it is correct. Your legal system branched out from British law (which mostly originated from Roman law, and a small amount of Biblical scripture). However in modern day, UK allows civil partnership and discrimination is practically illegal, in US it doesn't appear so. Does this mean that UKs laws has just evolved a bit further than yours? Is religion the cause for slower development of ideas?

EDIT: Bah just realised the post was changed.. even though the copy&paste was pretty much the best counter argument I've seen so far..*Deletes paragraph...*

Anyway, I found this posted once, its quite a humorous read:
    10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Will Ruin Society

1. 1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans ™ always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
      2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
      3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
      4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
      5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
      6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
      7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
      8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
      9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
      10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    Ha ha, good eye. Well, I edited out the stuff I copied and pasted. I didn't even like it anyways. The stuff I left is from my heart.

And why would they be better off with a gay couple? Because all Male/ Female relationships are inept?

Because if the child is up for ADOPTATION in the first place, that implies that the birth parents aren't right to raise that child.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    [quote="jwilso72]Just because an ancient religion decrees a belief, doesn't mean it is correct. Your legal system branched out from British law (which mostly originated from Roman law, and a small amount of Biblical scripture). However in modern day, UK allows civil partnership and discrimination is practically illegal, in US it doesn't appear so. Does this mean that UKs laws has just evolved a bit further than yours? Is religion the cause for slower development of ideas?[/quote]

That post is two-sided. First you talk about how England is better [we won the war by the way ^_^] but then you list that 10 list thing.

And if England allows it, then that makes me sure we shouldn't have it.

Ichigo Roza Mystica said:
    Because if the child is up for ADOPTATION in the first place, that implies that the birth parents aren't right to raise that child.

What about other natural couples. I'm pretty sure that some straight people are good parents too, so they can take the adopted baby also.

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    That post is two-sided. First you talk about how England is better [we won the war by the way ^_^] but then you list that 10 list thing.

What about other natural couples. I'm pretty sure that some straight people are good parents too, so they can take the adopted baby also.
    Isn't the justication that homopeoples can't breed so it's un-natural and against gods will? Therefore aren't infertile couples just as against gods will, cause they can't breed? :P

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Of course not. God didn't make the female or male sterile. Obviously.
    And it is impossible for a man to have a baby. In case you didn't realize that.

God made the first two people Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve.

That's a joke I just read somewhere. And I have to agree with it 100%.

I mean, biologically speaking, the only logical togetherness, is a male and a female.

Last edited:

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    Of course not. God didn't make the female or male sterile. Obviously.
    And it is impossible for a man to have a baby. In case you didn't realize that.

That's a joke I just read somewhere. And I have to agree with it 100%.

I mean, biologically speaking, the only logical togetherness, is a male and a female.
    Actually, if you choose to believe that god's hand guides all fate, then yes, God did make infertile people the way they are.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011

No. I was comparing the UK and US where both our legal systems have originated from the same place and started to differ.It would be fair to say that US is a lot more influenced by religious reasons, since your president is a strong Christian. In UK religion doesn't really have as large an impact, which probably explains why the law isn't as discriminatory to homosexuals.
    You hardly won WW2, you came in 2years late ^^. Also whats wrong with the UK? We invented the TV for one..

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Will Ruin Society [its meant to be sarcastic]​

1. 1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans ™ always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
    2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
    3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
    4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
    5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
    6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
    7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
    8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
    9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
    10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Erm.. The 10 point thing is highly satirical lol. It supports gay marriage by contrasting most of the main arguments against it with everyday things.

Last edited:

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    There's no need to poke fun <.<

I'm sure they don't choose there lifestyle. There has to be some kind of hereditary trait.

I personally think it isn't voluntary, which is why I wouldn't even think about poking fun.

It's not voluntary, it's like liking different foods. I'm serious.

No, I don't mean to flame you or anything, but that list seems horribly old. (Blacks can't marry whites? 'Haven't adapted to cars'?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    No, I don't mean to flame you or anything, but that list seems horribly old. (Blacks can't marry whites? 'Haven't adapted to cars'?

AAaargh... It's being sarcastic, it's taking common things we see today and putting them against the main arguments against same sex marriage

>_<​

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's a joke. If you look at all those reasonings, they actually show how weak the arguments against gay marriage is. Because of all those loopholes that were pointed out.

So, let's say that I get married to the man I love now. We can't have children because of a medical condition I don't want to get into. If a man and a woman are the only logical togetherness because they can have babies, then would my relationship be illogical? Man + Woman = Child, just not all the time.

There has to be some kind of hereditary trait.
    It's not a hereditary trait. It's more of a mutation that happens in development of the brain.

There's a joke on that too, but I won't share it. But it was just a really hilarious take on that whole argument.

Besides, all the times that the Bible mentions that homosexuality is wrong are pretty much outdated now. The Bible says that you are supposed to go out and multiply because of the prosecution faced from the Romans. The Catholic faith needed more followers, so they told the ones that they already had that God wants them to make babies. And as for the other argument, it's outdated. You couldn't eat pork because of unsanitary reasons. It's the same with homosexual practices. Both were unsanitary at that time, but not anymore.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    xXscytherXx said:
    The main reason our culture and values have started to crumble is the weakening of families. Introducing another form of "family" would only make the situation worse.

Umm, what the hell?

Maybe I'm just ignorant here, but could you elaborate on this for me a bit? Because that argument sounds like baseless conjecture to me. How does having more families hurt existing families?

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years

Just because an ancient religion decrees a belief, doesn't mean it is correct. Your legal system branched out from British law (which mostly originated from Roman law, and a small amount of Biblical scripture). However in modern day, UK allows civil partnership and discrimination is practically illegal, in US it doesn't appear so. Does this mean that UKs laws has just evolved a bit further than yours? Is religion the cause for slower development of ideas?

EDIT: Bah just realised the post was changed.. even though the copy&paste was pretty much the best counter argument I've seen so far..*Deletes paragraph...*

Down with black women, up with God!

Simply put...

The separation of church and state is in our constitution. It is not the government's job to say whether or not something is "sanctified". It is their job to tell us it is legally binding and we have the same rights as anyone else to have a legally binding relationship with the person we love, with the same exact rights any straight person has, and have a "marriage" just the same as a straight person.

A marriage by any other name isn't a marriage. It's a civil union. Right?

Do you remember the times of Segregation? "Separate but equal".

It still stands today that separate is not equal, and saying it is, is a blatant lie.

The day when I get married is going to be a great day, no matter if it's to Eve or Steve.

Those who stand against us are looking at the biggest civil rights movement of modern times, and you are looking at one of its supporters as you read these words.

Religion does not own me.

Neither do the teachings of it, and the bigotry expressed therefore by its most radical supporters.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years

I like how it said "Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children"

I wonder if they took the thought of "Gay children were made by straight couples, too"

If Gay people did not come from straight parents,
    would Homosexuality even EXIST?

Of course, Gays are just like blacks, can't marry white people!

Women are Property? If that were true, My mom would have already killed my dad for saying that he owns her.

---

On a different topic, have you ever noticed that One of the top and only reasons people are against gays in general is religion?

Yeah, RELIGION gives you the right to be a bastard.

"It sure does!"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    A marriage by any other name isn't a marriage. It's a civil union. Right?

"We'll just call it something else. Instead of being 'married', you'll be 'butt-buddies'!"

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It's a joke. If you look at all those reasonings, they actually show how weak the arguments against gay marriage is. Because of all those loopholes that were pointed out.

So, let's say that I get married to the man I love now. We can't have children because of a medical condition I don't want to get into. If a man and a woman are the only logical togetherness because they can have babies, then would my relationship be illogical? Man + Woman = Child, just not all the time.

It's not a hereditary trait. It's more of a mutation that happens in development of the brain.

There's a joke on that too, but I won't share it. But it was just a really hilarious take on that whole argument.

Besides, all the times that the Bible mentions that homosexuality is wrong are pretty much outdated now. The Bible says that you are supposed to go out and multiply because of the prosecution faced from the Romans. The Catholic faith needed more followers, so they told the ones that they already had that God wants them to make babies. And as for the other argument, it's outdated. You couldn't eat pork because of unsanitary reasons. It's the same with homosexual practices. Both were unsanitary at that time, but not anymore.
    If you think that gay sex is so sanitary, thank you for AIDS.

Umm, what the hell?

Maybe I'm just ignorant here, but could you elaborate on this for me a bit? Because that argument sounds like baseless conjecture to me. How does having more families hurt existing families?

Ummm, that's simple to answer. Because with gay marriage, there wouldn't be more families. They wouldn't reproduce. Obviously <.<

Achamo said:
    On a different topic, have you ever noticed that One of the top and only reasons people are against gays in general is religion?

Yeah, RELIGION gives you the right to be a bastard.

"It sure does!"
    Yeah, once again, thank you for AIDS.

"We'll just call it something else. Instead of being 'married', you'll be 'butt-buddies'!"
    It brings new meaning to the word fudgesicle.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Gay Marriage is not just bad from religion but also bad in society.If tomorrow if everyone was to fall in love with the same gender and as time past by the human race wouldn't exist no more!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    If you think that gay sex is so sanitary, thank you for AIDS.
    Time for me to make an umpteenth point about HIV/AIDS this week. Blah.

Gay sex 'didn't cause AIDS'. HIV/AIDS is in no way restricted to Homosexuals. And never was. It is most likely it originated from heterosexual intercourse and passed on.

If you are promiscuous gay man, you are less likely to contract HIV than a straight promiscuous person, since gay people are more aware of the risks and take better precautions towards STDs.
    As a result the percentage of gays with HIV is lower than that of straight people.

So using your point, if homosexual sex isn't sanitary, then neither is heterosexual sex, breastfeeding or childbirth.

HIV and AIDS is mainly caused nowadays by sharing needles and sex between straight couples than gay ones. If you think that using AIDS as an excuse for homophobia is justified, then you are quite mistaken.

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It was proven that a gay helicopter pilot, who had HIV, flew to a bunch of different cities, and passed it on to his gay partners. HIV Started in monkeys, but a single gay man spread it to mainstream society.

And of course the percentage would be lower. There are less fags.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    It was proven that a gay helicopter pilot, who had HIV, flew to a bunch of different cities, and passed it on to his gay partners. HIV Started in monkeys, but a single gay man spread it to mainstream society.

Any proof of this? There is a load of debate about how it spread, but tbh I've never seen this man the blame for it. It has been documented in later 1950s in a tribesman, but evidence and symptons suggest that it could have been around in Europe in 1930s and even earlier. We can't just throw the blame upon one person, when we have flawed evidence.

And of course the percentage would be lower. There are less fags
    A percentage is a percentage... :\ Do you know how a percentage works..? It has nothing to do with the number of gay men.

Also the use of the word 'fag' is offensive, didn't you yourself say:
    I personally think it isn't voluntary, which is why I wouldn't even think about poking fun.
    Slight contradiction there.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back