• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash out of the show soon? (theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
  • ppl keep lookin at it like dawn is the one who is going to disappear very soon. and that very well may be true... but i also see that it can go another way. In the episode "An Elite Meet and Greet" Ash encounters one of the sinnoh elite four and by the end of the episode lucian had told ash that he would accept his challenge after he beat the sinnoh league. well based on the past and incredibly obvious foreshadowing in pokemon that possibly means that ash might win the sinnoh league and defeat ( or challenge and fail against) the elite four. If he actually defeated them, he'd become the champion and a pokemon master which has been his dream. this could possibly end his rein of the pokemon anime.

other supporting facts is the difference he has displayed in his training. he is evolving his pokemon now and really putting incredible strategy that he never displayed before.

and another possible supporter of this topic is Dawn. Dawn is the first companion that really keeps Piplup OUTSIDE of its pokeball. she also is very much like ash was wen he first strted.

Now naturally this is just a theory that might get destriyed by just one fact. If any of you can produce that it would be great, also it'd be cool if you ight add wisdom to this theory supporting it even more because i'm really strting to wonder and would really like to see if i can figure this out before the time comes around when they go to the next region.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Satoshi leaving the series would probably mean that the series is ending. He's never been replaced once, even Takeshi was replaced at least once, he also holds the franchise's pokémon, Pikachu. He's the only character, along with Team Rocket, that seems will stay around until the end of the show's run. He was put there to advertise the games along with Pikachu. Of course, he's not someone you can play as in the games anymore but seeing that he's already made the transaction to Hoenn and now Sinnoh, it seems unlikely to switch him out now. It is almost 100% certain now that Hikari will leave series after Diamond and Pearl even though she is popular with many people. It's just the trend that seems to be going even thoguh it has only happened twice. But if she leaves, then you can say that it's 99.9% that the female of the series will leave.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You make a good point with this theory but honestly having Ash leave will seem like they are deciding to end the anime...but ur theory can only mean that Dawn might just stay longer than we might have thought...who knows...

Lash

Years
  • Every now and then I like to speculate about the future of Pokemon. Ash does need to pass the torch some time.

To a son, maybe? I mean, when he decides to go with whatever crazy chick, the years finally catch up to them all at once, and then bam, he tells his kid to go off into the Pokemon trainer world.

Just a speculation, though.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Every now and then I like to speculate about the future of Pokemon. Ash does need to pass the torch some time.

To a son, maybe? I mean, when he decides to go with whatever crazy chick, the years finally catch up to them all at once, and then bam, he tells his kid to go off into the Pokemon trainer world.

Just a speculation, though.

And one shipping party can kick dust in the face of everyone else and scream that they're canon. >:]

Anyway, I don't think Ash is leaving. I also don't think there'll be a fifth generation. Therefore, I do think everyone's gone as Pokemon will die to the newest craze - Kirby. I mean Spectrodes. Or whatever it's called.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You make a great point and all but no...S. Magumarashi is right, it would lead to the end of the pokemon anime...
    Plus Ash is doing awesome in the anime I don't want him to leave! ':D

~Dawn

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • And one shipping party can kick dust in the face of everyone else and scream that they're canon. >:]

Anyway, I don't think Ash is leaving. I also don't think there'll be a fifth generation. Therefore, I do think everyone's gone as Pokemon will die to the newest craze - Kirby. I mean Spectrodes. Or whatever it's called.

actually the fifth generation has been confirmed. theres a thread about it somewhere on PC (its defintly in TV and movies) i remember seeing. it shows it in a japanese trailer (or somtin like that) for teh 12th movie.

I agree wit lil miss though ash is doin good. knowin anime in general thjough they'll prly try to continue it somehow if they end the series. they have a huge amount of possiblilties. they could follow may or dawn... maybe strt a pokemon ranger show. but also... ppl sayin dawn is leavin soon i really disagree wit... i consider her to be the most succesful of the female characters so far

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
    Years
  • ;-; I just want May and Max back; I don't care if Ash, Dawn, and Brock got eaten by Groudon. ;-;

...Okay, yeah, anyway, I think Ash should leave, too. DX

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe I would back this theory or even support it if wasn't missing so much grammar :/, so I will only post my opinion:

Nintendo = $$$

Pokemon2 + Time = $$$

Pokemon = Little Kids + TV2

Little Kids + TV2 Pokemon - Ash

Nuff Said.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Maybe I would back this theory or even support it if wasn't missing so much grammar :/, so I will only post my opinion:

Nintendo = $$$

Pokemon2 + Time = $$$

Nuff Said.

yes... interesting formula... but remember that kids are all about "oh look at the cool new person! he's got a shinx... thats like a pikachu accept blue which means he's like ash! SO COOL!"

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • While it would be very likely that the series would end without Ash, there is the possibility that it wouldn't. If the series were to end, it would be the same as Nintendo cutting off its left arm. Much of their profits with Pokémon center around the anime, which would most definitely begin to fraction their profits. The point that The Ebon Blade made is very true, little kids aren't too hard to please. If Ash were to leave the series, he would simply be replaced by a new main character and it would be left at that.

One thing to consider is the reason why the anime has been around for so long in the first place. It is a very character-driven anime which has kept people coming back to watch it for years, meaning that the show would most likely lose many viewers by dropping off the character that has been around the longest. I remember the clamor with my friends back when Misty was dropped, and they stopped watching it for a while. Then they got back into it and could care less, but started raving and ranting again when May was dropped. Soon after, they started watching again, but I do know some former viewers who quit right after Misty was cut off and never started watching it again. The difference between the supporting main characters and Ash however, is that Ash has never left. By removing Ash from the anime, I'd imagine that thousands of users would stop watching simply because it just "doesn't feel the same without him." I guess that must be the reason why Pokémon Chronicles never got too big.

After all is said and done, I don't think we'll ever really know until it happens. Hopefully that won't come too soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The difference between a supporting character, such as former members of the "gang" and Brock, and the main characters such as Ash and Pikachu, is that few (if any) actually left because of the supporting characters leaving.

I'm not saying Brock, Misty, Max, May, and Dawn don't have their fans, but listen to this for a bit:

The supposed fan exodus that happened with Misty leaving also happened after Pokemon started losing it's "fad" status. And because I don't feel like typing a lot right now, these fans didn't so much leave because of the character but because they grew out of Pokemon.

And the beauty of Pokemon, assuming it stays successful, is it's key demographic (children 6-13) is constantly replenished. So those other guys can change out, because most of the fans who cared about previous seasons aren't even watching any more.

But each season/series/saga has one thing: The central basis is Ash (and Pikachu and his Pokemon). The moment his journey ends, the show as we know it is over. This doesn't mean the show can't have an anime anymore, but it'd have to be built completely from the ground up. And because of the lack of success from Chronicles, it's unlikely any current or former cast could carry the show by themselves.

So TLDR: Ash leaving means the end of the anime, at least for now.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • While it would be very likely that the series would end without Ash, there is the possibility that it wouldn't. If the series were to end, it would be the same as Nintendo cutting off its left arm. Much of their profits with Pokémon center around the anime, which would most definitely begin to fraction their profits. The point that The Ebon Blade made is very true, little kids aren't too hard to please. If Ash were to leave the series, he would simply be replaced by a new main character and it would be left at that.

One thing to consider is the reason why the anime has been around for so long in the first place. It is a very character-driven anime which has kept people coming back to watch it for years, meaning that the show would most likely lose many viewers by dropping off the character that has been around the longest. I remember the clamor with my friends back when Misty was dropped, and they stopped watching it for a while. Then they got back into it and could care less, but started raving and ranting again when May was dropped. Soon after, they started watching again, but I do know some former viewers who quit right after Misty was cut off and never started watching it again. The difference between the supporting main characters and Ash however, is that Ash has never left. By removing Ash from the anime, I'd imagine that thousands of users would stop watching simply because it just "doesn't feel the same without him." I guess that must be the reason why Pokémon Chronicles never got too big.

After all is said and done, I don't think we'll ever really know until it happens. Hopefully that won't come too soon.

And that also pretty much explains why Ash doesn't need to age..which is one of my big pet peeves with the anime.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This could also mean Misty returning instead of brock to travel with Dawn. I have noticed all of these before but Im not so sure what to expect.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wow so ash is actually learning what strategy is and that means he would leave? And so what if he would beat the E4. To be a pokemon master not only means that but to be the best he can be. IN other words he would need to travel everywhere see every pokemon and get acknowledged by every leader and such. but since every region he goes to has no clue he is it doesnt matter. but then again we could see that happening if jasime shows up.

Years
  • Maybe I would back this theory or even support it if wasn't missing so much grammar :/, so I will only post my opinion:

Nintendo = $$$

Pokemon2 + Time = $$$

Nuff Said.

Logic ftw. Though my heart wouldn't be broken if Ash left >:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back