• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attack on Titan

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Because people, for some reason, really like the stoic type who seem to not care about anything. Which is all right but for some reason a lot of them like to take it out of proportion (i mean don't even get my started with the Sasuke fans from way back then.)

Though I have to say that I an understand the subtle moments. It's sometimes those little subtle things that you don't always catch at first that can really define and add depth to a character. Whether they actually interpret these subtle moments correctly though is another matter. Since I just got into AoT I can't say much for the fandom (which knowing me I will end up avoiding regardless) nor do I want to jump to conclusions on what you mean exactly by it.

That said in general people like to do weird things to characters in the fandom that cause them to have a 'fandom version' of their actual selves. Specifically of the character archetype Levi is in so it really sounds like he's no exception.

But god I hope Eren doesn't have a fandom interpretation because then that would mean there are three versions of him floating around hahaha.

Oh yeah, definitely. I totally agree and think that many subtle moments really help define the characters. This isn't really a good example, but basically there is a huge section of tumblr that ships Eren and Levi together. Even the smallest of interactions is seen as supporting of that relationship in their eyes, and it's.. weird. In one episode Levi says "Stay within two horses of me" or something like that and I've seen people go "aw, he wants to protect Eren" or something. ~_~ It's just so odd. I see the strangest parts of the fandom on there. o.e

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
What I've gathered from stuff I've heard about tumblr on the internet - stay away from the fangirls. They're dangerous.

I only liked levi a bit as the action segments with him doing stuff were cool. I still don't see how he appeals even visually to people. He's no even that good looking. O.o I mean. I can understand Free!'s characters. They look good. But levi? Nopes. ;p

either way, to manga readers - does anything exciting happen after chapter 52? I got bored so I stopped reading there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I can't remember off the top of my head what they are doing in that chapter, but there hasn't been any titan fighting in the more recent chapters. They have mostly been dealing with the corrupt government and searching for answers (which they haven't really gotten any regarding titans). I guess there was a twist at the end of the most recent chapter, but it didn't have anything to do with titans, really.

If you can read quickly like I can and/or if you have time I would just catch up, only because I think things will start moving soon so then maybe it'll get more exciting? I am only reading at this point because I want to see how everything gets explained in the end. There are just too many questions ;; and I want to know what's in eren's basement

derozio

Years
@lapras - ah, thanks for the info! I won't be picking it back up for now, though, because reading one chapter on this mobile is a pain and a battle I'm not motivated to fight lol. I don't care about action/fights - all I want is the plot to move ahead when it comes to titans and the mysteries behind the basement. Which doesn't seem like it is being addressed.

@Satoshi - Well, the Reiner/Bertholdt/Annie revelation and the giant ape titan were slightly exciting. But I stopped reading because it got boring. And seems like I won't be picking it back up till maybe the end of series.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
@lapras - ah, thanks for the info! I won't be picking it back up for now, though, because reading one chapter on this mobile is a pain and a battle I'm not motivated to fight lol. I don't care about action/fights - all I want is the plot to move ahead when it comes to titans and the mysteries behind the basement. Which doesn't seem like it is being addressed.

Oh yeah! I forgot you were on mobile. Yeah, don't do that. I really don't think that they will be focusing on anything else other than the government for a while, and then I think once they do something about that then they'll FINALLY get some answers that answer the why questions.

I also looked back on Chapter 50 and I actually think there was a plot twist that you could have guessed earlier but it was confirmed in later chapters but they didn't really do anything about it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Satoshi - Well, the Reiner/Bertholdt/Annie revelation and the giant ape titan were slightly exciting. But I stopped reading because it got boring. And seems like I won't be picking it back up till maybe the end of series.
The Giant Ape... well... that could have been interesting it they did not scrap it in 3 chapters...

derozio

Years
yeah, agreed. SnK's just a mess right now. Its beginning made me go 'holy ♥♥♥♥, this is totally gonna be the best anime ever!' and then the anime just...didn't do anything special. And manga is dragging on and on and on without anything interesting going on. Personally think the mangaka is trying to pad the series in order to earn as much as possible from this cash cow. Not that I blame him.

Spoiler:

EVERYTHING MAKES SO MUCH SENSSSS.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What's in the basementtttt

I rewatched episode 1 and 5 in HD on Crunchyroll and it looked glorious yet terrifying.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well right now

Spoiler:

meanwhile I bought the cutest little keychain while at the convention. it's one of the main trio when they were a little younger. eren looks like a dork snoozing and drooling and just ahh very cute. sis got a sasha one which is also very cute. ♥ and, unsurprisingly, there were 328409423 people wearing the uniforms there.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Now that someone's mentioned it, I have a nasty feeling the animators are going to go with something non-canon while the manga has time to get to some actually relevant information for once. Some non-canon things I can think of are expounding on the ape titan plot, extending the fight Eren has with Reiner/Berthold and perhaps even going in a different direction with Ymir/Historia, if temporarily.

Could be my paranoia acting up but I'm afraid a lot of what's coming up will be ad lib.

derozio

Years
The stuff you mentioned is, like, a thousand times more interesting than the ♥♥♥♥ that's going on in the manga right now, though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
True but regardless of how boring things are I feel like a premature move to alternative storylines will ultimately ruin whatever endgame the mangaka has in mind... if such even exists...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
True but regardless of how boring things are I feel like a premature move to alternative storylines will ultimately ruin whatever endgame the mangaka has in mind... if such even exists...
Well... he did say he didn't want to prolong it much and wanted to end it in 100 chapters or something... but... considering the "speed" of pace we may not get it finished in 500.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well... he did say he didn't want to prolong it much and wanted to end it in 100 chapters or something... but... considering the "speed" of pace we may not get it finished in 500.
Absolutely not. Unless the next handful of chapters actually makes progress on the political front (or so people say, idk what's going with overthrowing the government and all that) or getting Eren to his house without ape titans and more configuration titans getting in the way... then maybe.

derozio

Years
500 is a massive exaggeration but I can see him stretching it to a good 120-150 instead of his 'planned' 100 if he sticks to current pacing.

I mean, ffs, I don't get why he even had to introduce a bunch of boring subplots right now. And even those who're reading it and are up to date have, more or less, said that nothing noteworthy/interesting happened in the last 4-5 chapters. That's 4-5 real life months. :/ Not even One Piece, even at its lowest, drags this much.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
500 is a massive exaggeration but I can see him stretching it to a good 120-150 instead of his 'planned' 100 if he sticks to current pacing.

I mean, ffs, I don't get why he even had to introduce a bunch of boring subplots right now. And even those who're reading it and are up to date have, more or less, said that nothing noteworthy/interesting happened in the last 4-5 chapters. That's 4-5 real life months. :/ Not even One Piece, even at its lowest, drags this much.
Haha, exactly. It was very linear (which was good) - get to the god forsaken house. Then all of these other subplots such as

Spoiler:

some of it's probably super important to the main plot but whyyyyy

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Yeah. It's really unfortunate. I'm REALLY hoping it picks up in the next one or the one after at least. They just discovered something that will give them some claim to recreate the government, so crossing my fingers for them actually acting on this new discovery. (Just please... I wouldnt even mind a timeskip of a couple months or w/e if its necessary)

@Solace I'm also really hoping that the explanation pulls that stuff together nicely in the end. I dont think anyone has seen it but SNK is kind of reminding me of the tv show Lost, where they introduced a bunh of things that made you ask a ♥♥♥♥ ton of qs and then in the end BAM they explainsd (almost) all of it. I think I read something that said the illustrator had some sort of ending plan in the beginning, so hopefully everything up until now has been purposeful. (although I did also read somewhere that he wanted to change the ending because it would be too upsetting or something?)

derozio

Years
Actually, Historia/Ape/ConnieVillage/Ryner+Berdholdt stuff is interesting in my eyes. My interest in the series actually peaked when these were brought up. As ALL of them indirectly relate to the mysteries behind titans. BUT, the way the mangaka is handling them now - bringing up all these plot points and then giving them a shaft and going with a craaaaaaaawwwwling pace is what infuriates me. Plus, overthrowing the government wat. I haven't read the latest ones so I don't know everything yet but I thought this was about titans??

Also, yes, he did say he has changed the ending. Because fans probably wouldn't like his original vision.

I personally believe one of the greatest insult a writer can do to his own work is letting what masses like/dislike change his vision of the series. I'm not fond of it.

Back