• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attack on Titan

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
Years
So I just started watching AoT last night and I got through the first 5 episodes. I was pretty sure it was gonna be an overhyped overdone anime as well and then I got to the end of episode 5.

Now I'm curious how the story is going to progress and I feel ashamed for judging this series too quickly.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think this was brought up in the DCC, but I'm reposting here for relevancy.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/12/funimation-series-attack-on-titan-to-air-on-toonami-block/

Flower Mound, TX – (April 12, 2014) Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network paired with Cartoon Network, announced today that it will begin airing Attack on Titan during the popular anime programming block known as Toonami. The series is scheduled to begin airing on Saturday, May 3rd at 11:30 pm ET.

Attack on Titan joins other FUNimation Entertainment® series Space Dandy, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Black Lagoon currently airing on the network.

Ready for the censoring of 90% of the blood and 20 out of 22 minutes of violence per episode.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
Years
The anime lived up to my expectations but I feel that without the anime the series is slowly dying.

The latest arc I find pretty interesting as it's not just focusing on the titan problem but human's natural enemy...humans. Though I miss the titan action xD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
10268598_641890609193640_5843816441261653653_n.jpg

I...this....wow. So beautiful. *__*'

I love her pics. Check out more of it at her facebook page. Florea Flavia art and Makeup it is, iirc. Just gorgeous.

And AoT live action is out?!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ironically the anime fanbase caused the mangaka to rethink his original plans for the series finale, presumably giving them a happy ending. So in my opinion it was the anime that killed it in the first place.
That's what happens when someone becomes mainstream.
(Anyways, didn't someone already write this? xD)
And even without changed ending, Eotenas went into ♥♥♥♥ starting with Female Titan arc.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was pretty impressed with the idea of the female titan arc but it went in a skewed, Mary Sue-ish "this won't end well 100% for mankind" direction and ruined it for me. At least in the long run. Everyone will die.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think everybody will die, as much as I want them to :( I mean, there isn't any way to prove it since they haven't been fighting titans, but since the ending was changed I think he will be more reluctant to kill people off. He certainly wasn't holding back on killing people in the first part of the show (the anime basically). As much as it might suck for them to die I think it is more unrealistic if all of Levi's squad now just happens to survive >.> It is just theory, though, since there aren't any titans around currently. Maybe I'm wrong. :o

I mean, in Lost, there were literally like 45 characters who appeared in 10+ episodes or who we thought were main chars or were treated like main chars until they died a couple episodes later and only 15 of them are still alive lmao. Don't be afraid kill people off Isayama! D:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
LOL. What? Who's on that list of yours? XD

It's kind of sad to think that the author changed the ending based on peoples' responses \:

Lmao. It's not really anyone specific, but I just have this inkling that he will just end up not killing anyone else from the original squad when, like I said, it's kinda unrealistic in a way if they all just happen to end up surviving. D; I mean, he is really only keeping them in the story because the fans like them. I mean, the chances of everyone we know from 104th Trainee Squad just happening to be on Levi's squad? Ok, I get that it's maybe because they're all from the top 10, but lumping everyone from the top 10 in 1 squad which, as we saw in the Expedition Beyond the Walls, does not even do the actual fighting since they are "The Special Ops Squad" is kinda odd. Ok, well, maybe they're protecting Eren and Historia, but maybe having Mikasa+Levi (called the two strongest) + all the other top 10 might be overkill just a little bit.

Years
Lmao. It's not really anyone specific, but I just have this inkling that he will just end up not killing anyone else from the original squad when, like I said, it's kinda unrealistic in a way if they all just happen to end up surviving. D; I mean, he is really only keeping them in the story because the fans like them. I mean, the chances of everyone we know from 104th Trainee Squad just happening to be on Levi's squad? Ok, I get that it's maybe because they're all from the top 10, but lumping everyone from the top 10 in 1 squad which, as we saw in the Expedition Beyond the Walls, does not even do the actual fighting since they are "The Special Ops Squad" is kinda odd. Ok, well, maybe they're protecting Eren and Historia, but maybe having Mikasa+Levi (called the two strongest) + all the other top 10 might be overkill just a little bit.

I know what you mean \: Sometimes in other manga/anime series, I feel as if there are an unnecessary amount of characters being saved by the skin of their teeth, and it would be better with them killed off, as horrible as that sounds DX Then there's the characters who do end up dying, and I would rather have them not ;-;

Everyone :P
But they won't die, they will get near-death experience and start transforming into Eotenas...
I can totally see that coming :/

Eren's father totally has something to do with it! He just up and left coincidentally when the series started, but I'm not sure everyone has the ability to transform though \: Or I'm just lost. I haven't read the manga for quite some time, and I've forgotten all the details @.@

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Eren's father totally has something to do with it! He just up and left coincidentally when the series started, but I'm not sure everyone has the ability to transform though \: Or I'm just lost. I haven't read the manga for quite some time, and I've forgotten all the details @.@
Manga kinda forgot the part about Eren's father...
Maybe in next 50 chapters he will be mentioned.

Years
Manga kinda forgot the part about Eren's father...
Maybe in next 50 chapters he will be mentioned.

I hope he hasn't forgotten about him D: I like seeing the back stories of other characters, and because his disappearance seems more than just a mere coincidence, it makes me even more interested in his father.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Did anyone watch the dub last night? Young Eren and Young Armin's voices were great, though Armin sounded more masculine than Eren, who sounded eight when he should be twelve. They were still good voices in essence and will work for the next episode or two. I thought Hannes and everyone were handled great, though his name was pronounced 'Han-nis' which was weird since I've been pronouncing it 'Hans.'

Most importantly, THEY SHOWED BLOOD. And it wasn't black blood like most blood is censored. There was red blood when Eren's mama was snacked upon, and that was the most exciting part of the episode as morbid as it sounds.

The worst part was the opening sequence cut from the wall exploding to the end where the hundreds of soldiers are jumping into the air, so that was an absolute disappointment.

Hopeful for the rest.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
Years
-Lapras-204150 said:
Ironically the anime fanbase caused the mangaka to rethink his original plans for the series finale, presumably giving them a happy ending. So in my opinion it was the anime that killed it in the first place.

I was referring to all the hype revolving around it. You couldn't go anywhere in the internet without seeing "ATTACK ON TITAN" but now, ever since the anime ended things have been a lot more quieter concerning attack on titan.

I agree. Though one could also argue that it's the mangaka's own fault for kneeling down to the fandom and changing the ending. But see, we don't know how the ending will be. Yes, it won't be the tragedy filled one that the mangaka originally planned but does that mean that a happy ending will be terrible? The characters in AoT have gone through a lot and i mean A LOT of crap throughout the series,i honestly wouldn't mind a happy ending. Sure it won't be the dramatic tragedy ending that the series was supposed to have, but! The mangaka can make a good happy endi!

Back