• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • Skye chuckled as Duc's Pikachu clambered into his backpack. Agile, who had taken quite a liking to Pikachu, jumped onto Duc's backpack and tried to coax Pikachu out of it. When it didn't work, Agile returned to Skye's shoulder.

The forest was rather quiet. A few bird Pokemon could be heard chirping here and there, but it was a rather serene day. Skye breathed in the fresh air, liking the idea of a Pokemon journey more and more.

Suddenly, a group of four trainers called to them from down the path. The apparent leader had dark, stick straight hair, sunglasses, camping shorts, and a black t-shirt. Beside him was a mean looking chick in black pants and a long blue shirt. Her blue hair was tied back in a bandana. The third to show up was another girl, a little shy looking, with long purple hair and round glasses, wearing comfortable looking green cargo pants with a brown shirt. The fourth was a younger looking kid, around the age of 10 or 11, with spiky red hair, and a similar outfit as the leader of the group.

"You, down there!" the leader called. "We want to challenge you guys to a match!"

Duc returned from using the videophone just in time to hear the challenge.

Skye looked at her companions, her blueish-purple eyes indicating a hint of nervousness.

"What do you guys think??" she asked.

OOC: Please remember that this is a R/B roleplay, so there won't be any of that fancy-shmance two on two battling! Thanks! ^_^

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:"Im ready to take them on, how bout you guys?" Lex said as his mind shifted to battling mode."Eevee ready to take em' on!" Lex was feeling confident because of the way Eevee has been battling lately.She had a major improvement.

Even though Lex was ready to battle with his pokeball in hand he was'nt sure if the group was ready.

Skye looked at her companions, her blueish-purple eyes indicating a hint of nervousness.

With that look Skye gave, he knew that she too was a bit nervous but ready to take em' on!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: those who accept a challenge from this group can roleplay the challenger, so the battle can go how you want, but be creative!! ^_^

IC: "I'll take a challenge!" Skye offered, after a confident "pika pi!" from Agile.

"Sound good!" the mean-looking girl said, narrowing her eyebrows. "I'll take you on!"

"And I'll take you on!" the leader of the group declared, pointing to Lex.

Skye walked over to the girl who had challenged her. They both waited to see what the rest of the group would do.

Last edited:

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter thought to himself. Hard to believe that after nearly half a year with Squirt, this would be their first battle with a trained Pok?mon, "Well, I think it would be an interesting challenge, but it's not my decision to make." he said. With that, he turned to Squirt and Capie, who were sitting in the wagon. "Do you guys want to battle any of them?"
    "Squirtle squirt squirt!" Squirt said enthusiastically. He was clearly in the mood for a battle. Capie on the other hand, was less than enthusiastic. "Cater..." It was clear that he'd prefer not to battle any of this seemingly tough crowd.

"Okay," said Peter finally, "We'll battle, but I'd prefer if it was a one on one fight... I mean each choosing one Pok?mon and first one out loses. How about you?" he said, pointing at the eleven-year-old. "You seem like an eager type."

OOC note: When I italicize in speech, it means that I'm thinking it instead of saying it. I'll usually remind you, just to be sure.

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: please remember that you will rp your own battle. Have fun!!

IC: Skye did her best to not look nervous as the mean-looking chick stared her down.

"I choose you, Bulbasaur!" the girl cried, sending out a pokeball.

"Ah! Erm....go Agile!" Skye commanded, as Agile leapt off her shoulder. "Use thundershock!"

It didn't seem to phase Bulbasaur much.

"Don't you know anything??" the girl demanded. "Grass has an advantage over electricity! Blubasaur, vine whip!"

"Dodge it, Agile, and use tackle!" Skye exclaimed.

Agile missed it narrowly, and managed a good tackle attack.
    Bulbasaur, however, managed a few good attacks of its own. It got a very good hit with vine whip, weakening Agile substantially.

"Don't give up, Agile! You're a lot faster than Bulbasaur, so let's use that to our advantage! Dodge those vine whips as quick as you can, and make sure you fake that Bulbasaur out!" Skye advised, getting totally immersed in the battle. "See if you can tie up those vines!"

Agile did a tremendous job, faking movement so Bulbasaur would be confused. Eventually, Bulbasaur was tangled up in its vines, leaving it open to attack.

"Hit that Bulbasaur hard with a tackle!" Skye cried, and Agile finished it off quickly.

"That's not fair!" the girl wailed. "Return Bulbasaur! You'll be sorry, because my next Pokemon is Caterpie!"

She threw the Pokeball into the battle zone, and a big, strong looking Caterpie popped out. Skye took a moment to consider what she should do...

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:"Your ready Eevee!"Lex said."Eevee,Eevee!"Responded the Eevee ready for action.

"Pidgey,Go-oooo!"commanded the leader of the group.A hardcore Pidgey appeard from out of the pokeball.

Before Lex could even command his Eevee, the Pidgey was headed toward to Eevee with a peck.

"Eevee Jump!"the Eevee bounce up in the air and over the Pidgey who was about to peck her. The Eevee,up in the air landed directly on top of the Pidgey.

Lex commanded,"Eevee bite!"Eevee bit the Pidgey who fell on the floor.

"Get up Pidgey!"yelled the opponent in a harsh voice.The Pidgey got up, dazed. Before the Pidgey could recover from the hit Eevee headed straight foward and bashed against the Pidgey.Who fell in pain.

The trainer gingerly picked up the Pidgey concerned.And returned it back to its pokeball.

"Now you got me real mad!"screamed the trainer in anger. He then stroked a pokeball from his poket.

"Mankey go!"A hauman shaped pokemon came from within the pokeball. Lex was now really scared when he had saw the feirce,furosious but,he and his Evee were confident

Years
  • "Hey, wait! I didn't get to choose." yelled out Duc. The remaining girl, somewhat offended, yelled back. She pulled out a Pok?ball and threw it.

Pikachu, hearing the sounds of Pok?mon battling around him, jumped out of the backpack and landed in front of Duc. Unfortunately, it was a little too far out front as the Pok?ball bounced off it's head. "Pikachu! Are you alright?" Pikachu nodded back as it saw the Pok?ball released the Pok?mon inside.

Duc quickly pulled out his Pok?dex. "It's a Geodude. Great..."
    Pikachu, without waiting for orders, quickly gave a Thundershock. Geodude was unphased. "Pikachu, your supposed to wait until I say something!" said Duc.
    "Tackle attack now!" yelled out the female trainer with glasses. It scored a direct hit on Pikachu, sending it flying in the sky.
    Pikachu recovered in the air. "Pikachu, try to store some electricity." yelled Duc. Pikachu suddenly had small sparks flying from it's cheeks. "I hope this works," muttered Duc to himself. "Pikachu has no other attacks right now..."
    The female trainer ordered Geodude to tackle again, this time while Pikachu was still in the air. The Geodude flew straight at it's target.
    Duc ordered "Pikachu, use your electricity!" Pikachu used the stored electricity from it's red cheed pouches. It turned out that if there was time, the Thundershock would become a Thunderbolt even if the Pok?mon didn't learn the move yet, it just takes longer to do.
    The lightning bolt struck the Geodude and sent it crashing down towards the ground. When the dust had settled, Geodude had fainted. "What?!" said the suprised female trainer. "How did that work? Electric attacks aren't supposed to work on Ground Pok?mon at all!" Duc was just as confounded. "I have no idea how that worked. I thought the Thunderbolt would just slow down the tackle, not stop it."
    Because the Pok?dex in Duc's pocket was also sensitive to sounds, including voices, it inturupted. It said that although there are types that are resistant to electricity, they're only doing so when on ground; they know how to ground electricity. If the ground isn't there, electricity would affect them like any other Pok?mon.
    "Whoa... I didn't know that." said Duc. The female trainer agreed.

"Wanna battle some more?" asked Duc. The girl was silent. After a few seconds, she replied "Geodude's my only Pok?mon right now. Sorry!"

Pikachu was in shock, literally! Because it wasn't supposed to learn the attack yet, it's body couldn't take Thunderbolt so the attack had affected it too! Pikachu was daised, stumbling around until it hit a tree. Pikachu fell over and regained its sense of direction. Duc picked up his partner and went off to see how the others were doing.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Fury, go!" Skye commanded, pointing towards the caterpie. "We can make shor twork of this one! Peck attack!"

"Whoa!" te girl cried. "Caterpie, use string shot to slow it down!!"

It was no use. Fury was a very edgy and angry Pokemon, so it attacked the caterpie quickly. Caterpie fainted.

"That's all the Pokemon I have," the girl snapped in defeat.

"Thanks for the match," Skye said politely, as Fury landed softly on her shoulder. Agile added in a happy "pika pi!"

"Yeah, whatever!" the girl snapped, turning on her heel and marching angrily away.

Skye hugged Agile and Fury.

"You guys were awesome! I'm so proud of you!" she exclaimed.

Agile saw Duc's Pikachu just as it hit the tree after the match. She chased him onto Duc's shoulder, giving him a high five.

"SUccessful match, Duc?" Skye asked, running over.

Years
  • "Eh, it was a wierd, short one." said Duc. "Somehow, Pikachu beat a Geodude by using an Electric attack." He pulled out the Pok?dex and played the info again.

Pikachu ran around a tree with an apple that Duc gave to it on its head. "Pika Pika!" squeled Pikachu with delight.

"Shouldn't we check on everyone else's battle?" asked Duc.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    OOC: I kept getting called away to do things. I actually started working on this post 10 hours ago.

IC:
    The younger boy looked surprised. "You ask your Pok?mon about battling? That's weird, man. But if you want one-on-one, that's fine. Bruce, GO!" He threw a Pok?ball, out of which came a rather large Machop.
    Immediately, Squirt went into action, running at the Machop for a tackle attack. "Bruce, counter the attack!" yelled the boy. With a cry of "Chop!" the Machop easily sidestepped the attack, then picked up the prone Squirtle and tossed him. Needless to say, this left Squirt dazed for a moment. Peter smacked his forehead in dismay.
    "Squirt, Bruce is a FIGHTING Pok?mon! You're using the wrong strategy!" As Squirt was getting up, the boy commanded "Quick, charge at the Squirtle and finish him off!" Bruce ran towards Squirt, but before he got there Squirt had gotten back up and was running backwards, shooting a Water Gun at the charging Machop.
    The surprise strategy paid off. The Water Gun hit Bruce in the eyes, blinding him for a moment and forcing him to stop short. Squirt continued to pelt him with Water Guns, maintaining his distance to keep away from Bruce's attacks. Soon, the boy decided to admit defeat. Returning Bruce to his Pok?ball, he said, "I don't think that's fair. I couldn't tell what you were doing like in most Pok?mon battles... you don't give real instructions!"
    Peter was surprised. "I didn't realize using prearranged strategies like that was frowned upon. Let's call it a tie, okay?" "Eh, okay..." the boy replied. They shook hands, and Peter returned with a proud-looking Squirt to the area that Skye and Duc were in.
    "Well, Squirt's battle went well. Apparently I'm supposed to command attack-by-attack though... didn't know that."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "I don't think it really matters how you give commands," Skye assured Peter, congradulating him on his success. "I mean, psycic people don't even have to talk aloud to give instructions, so I don't see why you can't use yours."

Agile jumped onto the ground, noticing Duc's Pikachu had an apple. She chased him around and around the tree, hoping to catch him.

"Agile, I have some food if you want some!" Skye exclaimed, offering her some Pokemon food.

Agile completely ignored her, and continued to chase Duc's Pikachu.

OOC:...where is Prof. Pine?? :(

Years
  • OOC: Yeah, where's he? Must be something to do with Spring Break... Oh yeah, to stay true with the show, I've decided that Pikachu is to remain genderless for now. Just to let ya know.

IC: Pikachu realized that Agile was chasing, so it ran deeper into the forest. While looking back, it ran into a log cabin in the middle of the forest. After rubbing its head, it saw a kid run off in the direction of the group. The kid seemed to carry a sharp object. Forgetting the apple, Pikachu started giving chase.

Duc was busy chatting with the rest of the trainers when suddenly he heard a yell. A kid was jumping at him. Duc stumbled and fell on his back. The kid then pointed a short sword at his face. "Are you back to finish our battle?" yelled the kid. Duc was quite startled, but yelled back "I have no idea who you're talking about!!! I just got in Viridian Forest!" The kid looked closer at Duc's face and realized that he was wrong. "Sorry about that. I'm the Samurai Kid, the best bug trainer in Viridian Forest! I thought you were that Ash kid from a while ago." Upon hearing his idol's name, Duc pushed the Samurai Kid off of him and went maniacal about the questioning.

Pikachu didn't hear any of the conversation and thought that Duc was under attack from the kid with the sword. Duc heard Pikachu ready to attack, so he pushed the kid aside and Duc took the Thundershock instead.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:I guess i was to late to finish my mankey battle.But hey,it's ok.:D?or can I finish it?well anywayz here it goes!

OCC:"Gooo!Mankey!"The infuriated trainer called out.

A raging mankey appeared from the pokeball. At the sight of the viscous Mankey,the Evee backed off in terror."Come on Eevee dont get scared!Aww.. man!I only have one hope."

"Magickarp go!"...."Magic!..Ma-g..ic?"Once again the dopey pokemon embarrased Lex.

"HAHAHAHA!Is this all you got!"Said the leader laughing."All right let's get this over with!Mankey chop!"commanded the leader who was'nt as angry as before.The Mankey came directly at it's target and hardly hit him.

Magickarp fell down in pain,slobbering all over the floor.

Lex took out his his pokedex."What can this stupid pokemon do?"Asked Lex worried

The pokedex responded in a simple tone of voice "Nothing."

Lex saw the Magickarp suffer, being hit over and over by mankey."Nooo!!!"said Lex who started crying. He sat on the floor and started to sobbing. The Magickarp suffered and suffered being hit constantly. The Magickarp took a quik glance at Lex who was crying. He got mad and started to glow. Lex stood up confused. The Pokedex automatically reponded "He is evolving". "Wow" Lex said amazed at the new appearence of Magicarp. The new evolved form of magickarp threw out red flames from his mouth and in one shot killed the Mankey.In amazement the trainer said "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?".........

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: cool cool if you want Pikachu to remain genderless...it just helps me to not get confused, but I guess since mine has a nickname, it'll be ok! ^_^

IC:Skye turned just in time to see the Magikarp evolve into Gyrados. She gaped at it, taken aback by its size.

"Holy cow!" Skye exclaimed. "Awesome, Lex!"

And then Duc got attacked by some kid with a sword.

What a wierd day! Skye thought to herself.

Agile finally caught up to Pikachu, the apple securely in her mouth, and assisted it with the shock meant for the Samurai Kid, even though Duc took the blow.

"Agile!" Skye exclaimed. "Leave Duc alone! He didn't do anything wrong!"

Embarassed, Agile hopped into Skye's messenger bag.

"Sorry!" Skye called to Duc and the Samurai Kid.

Years
  • OOC: I'm tryin to intergrate the show as much as possible as I can. If you ever do get confused, go to http://www.tvtome.com and search for Pokemon. Look under the episode lists and look up the summeries. If not, you can always go to http://www.pokemon.com and look it up there.

IC: "Man, now I know how Ash feels!" exclaimed Duc as he shrugged off the shock. He then noticed Lex's new Pok?mon, which was towering overhead. "Whoa! Congradulations, Lex!"

Pikachu ran quickly to Duc's side, seeming to apoligize as best it could. "It's no problem, Pikachu." said Duc. "It's not the first time it's happened."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye smiled at the group as they prepared to leave the battle scene. She felt stronger than before, and she was having a wonderful time with her friends on this journey.

"Come on, guys! I think I see s break in the trees! We must be getting close to Pewter City!" Skye exclaimed, feeling a rush of excitement as she raced down the path.

OOC: Where IS prof. pine???? Come back soon wherever you are!!!

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:"Gyrados come back!"Commanded Lex as the enourmous Gyrados was withdrawn. Lex was so proud at the improvement he had made. "Wait up!"yelled Lex struggling to catch up with the group.

Just then,through the long walk they spotted light shining through the forest which was a sign of Pewter City. "Eevee!"Eevee made a squeal of excitement. Lex's adventure was going magnificant and was the group's. (hopefully!:D)

Years
  • "Hold on!" yelled the Samurai Kid. "Before you leave the forest, you have to battle me first!"
    Remembering an online post of the kid's Pok?mon, Duc sighed. "Are you sure you want to battle us? From what I've heard, the only decent Pok?mon in your group is a Pinsir!"
    "Well, you're about to be suprised!" snaped the kid back. He threw four Pok?balls. Out came out not just Pinsir, but a Butterfree, a Venonat, and a Scyther.
    Duc quickly used his Pok?dex. Before he started for his own Pok?balls, he suddenly remembered what Mrs. Ketchum said. "Kid, we don't have time for this!!! I've got to get to Pewter City right away!!!" Duc pushed the kid aside, but his Pok?mon were blocking the only open path.
    "Oh no you don't!" said the kid "To become the best Bug trainer, I've got to battle all trainers that come through this forest!"
    Seeing that there's no other choice, Duc sent out one of his Staryu and prepared for battle.
    The Samurai Kid smirked. "That's what I thought! Since there's four of you, I'll battle with one Pok?mon per trainer." The kid first challenged Duc with his Pinsir.

"Staryu, Water Gun!" commanded Duc. Pinsir took a direct hit, but it didn't move one step. "Pinsir, Crunch attack!" yelled the kid. The Pinsir charged at Staryu with its horns wide open. Before Duc could react, Staryu was already caught by Pinsir. "Staryu, spinning tackle attack!" Staryu started rotating like a pinwheel in Pinsir's horns. Eventually, Pinsir couldn't hold on to Staryu. Staryu was flung in the air by the rapid spinning. Thinking now's the time, Duc yelled out "Staryu, Water Gun at Pinsir's feet now!" Staryu did so, and the ground beneath Pinsir's feet became mud. Pinsir sunk in and was trapped. Knowing that the battle was over, the Samurai Kid recalled his bug.

"Good job, novice! I haven't seen a better trainer since I challenged Ash!" Duc held himself back on hearing the name. "Thanks for the battle! now can we go?!?!" Duc said huriedly. "Not yet." replied the kid. "I have to challenge the rest of the novices first! Since I'm in a good mood, you can choose which of my Pok?mon to battle."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye felt herself sweat drop. This kid was nuts...

"Okay..." she trailed off, and looked at the pokemon she had to choose from. Agile did not seem to amused, but she pointed at the Butterfree, "pika pi!"

"Alright then," Skye said, raising her voice so the bug trainer could hear her. "I challenge you and your butterfree."

OOC: Duc, are you going to play the role of the samurai kid, or am I battling myself?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back