• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • OOC: Sure Lex, you can name your Eevee anyting you want. Lex sorta did power play, but I know he won't do it again. By definition, power playing is making that person's character do something that is up to the character's person. (i.e. making people talk, do unexpected actions) If it's not obvious (obvious meaning based on previous posts), it's considered power playing. I don't mean this to offend you Lex! I'm just stating the rules in detail.

Lol, read the fanfic on Brock. It's great, and maybe Skye might do something from the fanfic... Well, that's up to her! If anybody does plan to read the fanfic, you might have to free up some of your time, but it's worth it! Oh yeah... I've got another idea after the battles. From the show, obviously; fills a blank from the new series.

IC: Duc was struggling to get to Brock as fast as he could to interview him, but his Pikachu and both his Staryu were holding him back. "Oh comon guys!! Just let me talk to him!!!" The Pok?mon know that Brock's in a gym battle right now, so it's best not to disturb him.

Finally giving up, Duc stood there and stared at the battle between Lex and Brock. Lex nearly got a full arsenal of Pok?mon, but Brock's only got his Geodude and Onix. (can't use his other Pok?mon... they're from Johto!) Oddly enough, Duc remember Brock's face before the battle. He seemed like a complete moron. Trying to get that image out of his head, Duc was trying to remember how to get that stupid look off his face...

The Staryu were hiding behind Duc, trying to hide from Brock's view. Duc just then realized it too. "You guys are right," he said. "I'd better call you guys back or else Brock might be prepared for it." He recalled his Staryu and Pikachu hopped back on his shoulder. Pikachu was a bit angry still, but it forgave Duc for earlier this morning.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter, Squirt, and Capie took a seat and watched the battle. Squirtle in particular was watching the Gyrados in hopes of getting some good strategies. Peter turned to Duc and commented, "I assume that you're going next, right? After all, he's been in contact with Ash and... well we all know how you are about Ash."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Go, Lex!" Skye cheered excitedly from the bleachers on the side of the battle arena. "You're doing awesome!"

Even though Skye had seen Gyrados before, she still gasped in awe when it came out of it's pokeball. The giant Pokemon was quite intimidating.

Agile cheered Lex on as well, and all the while Skye couldn't help but wonder what the deal was with Brock's attitude towards her. It kind of freaked her out...

OOC: hehehe....I'm going to have fun with this gym!!!^_^

Years
  • OOC: As will I. As will I... (Read the fanfic!)

IC: "Wait, what?!?! I can't face him next!" said Duc "That Onix is way too strong!" Remembering the articles he had read online, Brock's Onix had an impressive record of victories. Of course, it had some losses too, but they were nowhere near its victory count.

Pikachu hid behind Duc's legs as it saw the giant Onix. "See, my Pok?mon are scared stiff of that Onix! I also haven't been training like I should! Maybe I should go last..."

Duc noticed that Brock was doing that googly face at Skye again. "Man, what was it that stopped him from doing that???" Duc muttered to himself.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • OOC:OK Duc I was just making sure. So well,Neo it is for Eevee.

IC:"Are you ready Gyrados?"Asked Lex. Gyrados roared showing its strengh.

"Ill attack first!" Brock yelled from across the stadium. Lex noticed that Brock was drooling over Skye he would'nt take his eyes of her. Lex did'nt pay much attention though.

"Onix! Bind!" commanded Brock. Onix wraped himself around Gyrados. Gyrados was struggling to get out. Lex though quickly. "Gyrados rage!"Lex yelled. The Gyrados started getting red all over. Onix look puzzled as he squeezed Gyrados harded and harder. Then,all of a sudden the onix went off flying .

Onix,who was in mid air,recovered from the blow.
    Before Brock could order his Onix, Gyrados came directly at its target with rage which was somewhat like a tackle but stronger.

The onix flew away again. Then brock commanded "Onix Rockthrow". Rocks came showering from up top and landed right on the Gyrados."Comeon get up from there" Lex yelled.

After a moment of silence a rumbling came from within the rocks. The Gyrados,surprisingly,blasted from the rocks.

"Ok Lets get this over with,Dragon rage now!" Lex commanded. Once again the Gyradoos got red and red flames emerged from his mouth. Once the flames touched the Onix it just stood there not even scratched by the attack."Huh?"Lex said confused. Without even time to think about it,Onix came rapidly towards the Gyrados with a takle.

"Dodge it now!"lex yelled. Just in time Gyrados
    move and Onix bashed right against the Gym's walls."This is your chance Gyrados water gun Now!"Lex commanded.Water came splashing from the Gyrados's mouth.

The pain built up from the crash of the wall and the Onix could'nt take. It tried to get up but before it even could Gyrados attacked with rage once again. Eventually, it fainted.

"Yes!We did it" yelled lex happily.
    "Very good" Brock said amazed at the defeat as he handed over a small shiny object.
    "Whats this?"Lex asked wondering.

"Its a Badge"Explained Brock."You get it every time you defeat a gymleader."

Lex took it from his hand and felt its texture and examined it. "Cool!" He said.

Lex was very happy at the improvement his team made."Yess!HAHAHA!"Lex yelled since it was his first badge. He jumped and bounced around exited. Remembering the goup was near by He said "Good luck guys!I hope you win!"

"Im going to the pokemon center to go heal my pokemon ill be back as soon as possible to watch you battle."Lex said and headed off exitedly jumping up and down.

OOC:Woah thank god im done with that:D

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Very good battle scene, Lex! I was on the edge of my seat!

IC: "Awesome job, Lex!" Skye exclaimed, jumping up and down with excitement. "Your Gyrados is so cool, and so strong!"

She gave Lex a hug in congradulations, and wished him luck as he headed to the Pokemon Center. She then proceeded to walk over to Duc, whose Pikachu was hiding timidly behind him.

"Don't worry, Duc," Skye assured him with a smile. "I'll go next, and hopefully that'll make your Pikachu a little more confident too!"

She smiled, and walked to the arena where Brock was reviving his Pokemon for the next battle.

His jaw dropped at the sight of her. She blushed, but regained her senses quickly.

"Brock Stone," she said, remembering the name she had seen on the sign at the entrance of the gym. "I challenge you!"

"S-s-s-sure...." he said, and she could have sworn there was drool coming out of his mouth.

"I want an honest battle!" Skye exclaimed, feeling insulted by Brock's funny faces. "I want to win the badge fair and square! Don't go easy because I'm a girl!"

Brock seemed to snap out of his daze, realizing that he was about to enter a battle.

"I accept your challenge," he said, his voice official and intimidating. "Go, Geodude!"

The geodude popped out of the ball, looking as aggressive as ever.

"Rock type," Skye thought to herself. "I should use water or grass, but what about his Onix? Agile might be able to handle it for a while...Go Agile!"

Skye could see that it was an immediate mistake, as Agile's electric attacks had no effect on the strong rock pokemon. Skye thought furiously...there had to be a way to make this work!

It was then that she noticed an unstable rock formation out of the many in the rock gym. If that fell on Geodude, then it would surely be out of comission!"

"Agile, use your awesome speed, and head towards that rock with a tackle attack!" Skye exclaimed, as more of a suggestion than a command.

Agile knew what Skye was thinking, and charged towards the rocks at full speed. Geodude followed suit with a strong tackle attack, and the pile of rocks fell...

...and Agile was not fast enough to dodge it completely.

"Tackle that rock!" Skye exclaimed, as she saw the shard of hard rock heading towards Agile.

Though severely weakened, Agile managed to escape the rock, and the Geodude emerged from the pile of rocks, weakened, but still able to battle.

Agile teetered for a few steps, and then collapsed on the ground.

"Oh, Agile, I'm so sorry!" Skye ran onto the playing field, and picked the exhausted Pikachu up. "You fought really well, and I'm really proud of you. Just rest now, and you'll be okay."

She looked angrily at Brock.

"Sticky, go!" she cried, sending out her Caterpie.

"Cater!" Sticky said brightly, not intimidated by the geodude.

"Use string shot to slow it down!" Skye commanded.

Sticky shot a thick, gooey web at the Geodude, hitting it in the eye. The Geodude, tried to peel the sticky stuff off, and Skye saw her advantage.

"Get in there with a solid tackle, Sticky!" Skye exclaimed, feeling a smile of premature victory cross her face.

Sticky charged full speed at the Geodude, and for its size, delivered a nice tackle, sending the severly weakened Geodude out of comission.

"Awesome job, Sticky!" Skye cried, as the Caterpie jumped into her arms. "That was so great!!"

At that point, the Caterpie started to glow, and changed shape. When the glow faded, Skye held an exceptionally heavy, banana shaped Metapod in her arms. She whipped out her Pokedex, and it gathered information on the Pokemon.

"You know harden now too?" she exclaimed in suprise. "Awesome! Are you okay to keep battling?"

"Meta!" Sticky exclaimed affirmatively.

"Go Onix!" Brock exclaimed, and the massive rock-snake emerged.

Sticky cried out in horror, and fled to Skye.

"It's okay, Sticky," she assured the Metapod, hugging it. "You did really well with that Geodude, and deserve a rest! Go Ninja!"

The Staryu flew out of its pokeball, ready for action. The Onix looked down on it, as if scoffing at the small Poikemon. Ninja seemed a little freaked out. It shuddered a few times under the glare of the massive Pokemon.

"I can't win with a size advantage like Lex did," Skye said to herself. She looked hard at the Onix, trying to find a weakness. "I bet it isn't very fast...Ninja, circle around the Onix as fast as you can!"

The Staryu, began to spin, and used that momentum to propell itself into the air, and around the Onix, moving faster and faster.

"Onix, use your bind attack!" Brock commanded, his voice becoming worried.

Staryu flew out of the reach of the Onix's bind attack each time. The Onix tangled itself up trying to catch Ninja.

"Use water gun!" Skye cried.

Ninja continued to circle around the thoroughly confused Onix, and delivered a very fine water gun attack, sending the Onix out of comission.

"All right!" Skye exclaimed happily, as her Staryu flew towards her at top speed, knocking her over. She hugged Ninja tightly, congradulating it, and giving it a good rest by returning it to its pokeball.

"Good match," Brock said, a hint of his drool-over-ever-girl-he-sees mode creeping into his expression. He started to grin sheepishly. "I, erm, apologize for beign foward back there, but erm....would you....would you want to....hang out later?"

Skye blushed furiously, as they were in hearing distance of her friends. She didn't know what to say at first.

"Can I get back to you about that...after my friends get their match?" she asked sweetly, as he handed her a badge. She thanked him and returned to her friends.

"She's probably going out with that kid there with the Pikachu," he grumbled under his breath. "I don't stand a chance."

Meanwhile, Skye was in the midst of her companions, excited about her win.

"Duc, you should really go give it a try!" Skye exclaimed. "I bet your Pokemon are totally ready! You'll do great!"

Brock overheard her encouragement to Duc, and keeping a professional outward appearance, returned to his place at the arena.

"Who's next?" he demanded.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • OOC:Wow Skye that great (Better than mine of course!) Im jealous!:D

IC:Lex walked into the gym,as Brock gave Skye the badge. "Aww!Mann!I missed it"Lex exclaimed.

Lex walked up to Skye and congradulated her with a hug.

"Alright, so who's turn is it next?"Lex asked. Well,there was only Duc. (Im not sure if any body else) However, before he had left to the pokemon center he had seen Duc's pikachu hide behind him in terror. Who ever was next, Lex was eager to see.

Last edited:

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter agreed with Skye. "Yeah, Duc, it's your turn. I'm not sure I want to compete at all. Besides, both Lex and Skye did fine. It shouldn't be TOO hard, especially with both of those Staryus!" Squirt and Capie seemed to agree, encouraging Duc's Pikachu in their own strange languages.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Give yourself a little more credit, Lex! Your post was excellent!

IC: "Go for it, Duc! You can do it!" Skye exclaimed, clapping him on the shoulder. "Go show Brock what you're made of!"

"Pi, pikachu!" Agile exclaimed in agreement, high-fiving Pikachu in encouragement.

Years
  • OOC: I just noticed that in both of your fanfics and in this RP that you've given last names to Brock (and Misty). Officially, they don't have any. Odd, isn't it? Oh well... Maybe later they will. (wink, wink)

IC: Duc stared at how well Skye handled her Pok?mon with his mouth gaping open. "Whoa... She's good." He then noticed that Skye had already finished. "Congrats, Skye! You too Lex!"

Duc tried to reason with the other trainers, but it did no good. "Okay... I'll try my best." Duc said.

After a few minutes of resting between the battle, Pikachu finally got the courage to get out of Duc's backpack. "Well, are you ready for the match?" Pikachu was a little nervous, but it decided to take the plunge.

Brock had his back turned to Duc when he enter the stadium. Just then, Pikachu decided to be playful and steal Duc's glasses. "Hey, give those back!" he yelled. Brock turned around and was startled. He walked across the stadium while Duc was struggling to get his glasses back. Brock gave Duc a heavy slap to the back and said "Hey, Ash! What are you doing in Pewter City?" Duc fell to the ground and finally got his glasses back. Duc turned around. "Sorry, wrong guy." Brock jumped back suprised. Duc then explained everything.

After a short talk, Brock agreed to battle Duc. The stadium was set. Brock threw his Pok?ball first. "Go Geodude!" he yelled. "As your first gym leader, I'll have to limit myself to two Pok?mon."

Duc sighed. "I know the rules already. Comon, I've been doing research on a other things that just Ash! Just not that much more..." He threw his Pok?ball. Staryu jumped out, ready for battle.

When the judge had announced the beggining of the battle, Duc had a strange feeling in his head. He shook it off and concentrated on the situation ahead.

"Geodude, Tackle attack now!" Brock commanded. Duc yelled back "Staryu, Water Gun!" Because Geodude had many battles before this one, it easily evaded the attack that Staryu had thrown at it. Incredibly, the Geodude was faster that Staryu. Geodude hit the Pok?mon head on, sending Staryu flying towards the wall on Duc's side.

"Staryu, use Water Gun on the wall to slow down!" Staryu blasted a stream of water at the wall, causing it to recover in mid-air. "That won't happen again, Brock!" Duc said.

"I see you've been training hard. Fine. Then, Geodude, Rock Throw!" Geodude bashed the ground and threw the rubble at it's opponent.

Seeing this ahead of time, Duc commanded "Staryu, spinning Tackle attack through the rocks!" Staryu blasted through the debris, sending some back at Geodude. Geodude was distracted, while Staryu landed close to its opponent. "Water Gun, now!" yelled its trainer. Staryu let out a mighty stream of water at Geodude. It rolled around the field and finally crashed into a boulder.

"Geodude is unable to battle!" yelled the judge. "Staryu wins!"

"Good work, Geodude!" said Brock as he recalled his Pok?mon. "You deserve a good rest. You're good, Duc, but are you good enough to handle Onix?" He threw his last Pok?ball on to the field. Onix stood towering over Staryu. 28 feet of solid rock.

"Staryu, Water Gun!" yelled out Duc. Staryu blasted the Onix with all its might. Brock didn't even give Onix a command. The water hit Onix, but Onix didn't even seem to phase a bit at the attack. Staryu backed away, nervous. "Do you really expect a weak attack like that will hurt my Onix?" taunted Brock. "Time to stop playing around. Onix, Rock Throw!"

The Onix yelled a mighty roar as its tail smashed the nearby rocks. Staryu couldn't react fast enough and was buried under the heavy granite. Duc yelled for his Staryu. After a few suspensful moments, Staryu somehow got the rocks off and stood ready for commands. "It's weak now," Duc muttered to himself. "And its attacks probably can't hurt Onix at all." After thinking for a moment, Duc thought of a briliant idea. "Staryu, drench this stadium with your Water Gun attack!"

Brock knew Duc would try to pull off a stunt like that. "Onix, Bind attack!" The large creature wrapped its tail around Staryu with incredible speed. Staryu struggled as it used Water Gun on the massive beast. Nothing happened. Onix let go of Staryu after a few moments.

"Staryu is unable to battle! Onix is the winner!" yelled the judge.

"My other Staryu probably can't do anything to Onix either, so its up to you, Pikachu!" Duc said. Pikachu seemed confident to Duc even with the sudden change. "Okay, Pikachu, Thundershock!" The mouse zapped the Onix with all it could.

Brock knew this stategy all too well. "Do you really think that electric types can beat me? Onix, dodge and use Screech!" Onix easily avoided the lightning bolt and let out a high-pitch soundwave. Pikachu couldn't help but cover its ears. "Onix, Slam attack!" yelled Brock. The snake-like creature used its tail and hit the ground next to Pikachu. Pikachu went flying.

"Okay, that's not gonna work..." Duc muttered. Pikachu fortunately recovered from the blow. After the smoke cleared, there was a massive crater where the tail had landed. Suddenly, Duc came up with another plan. "It's worked on you once, and it'll work again! Pikachu, run around that Onix!"

Onix was confounded by the small rodent. "Onix, don't let it confuse you! Keep using Slam!" Onix did what it was told and continued to pummel the ground. Pikachu easily dodged every blow. Eventually, the ground around Onix was gone.

"Pikachu, Thundershock with all you can!" yelled Duc. Pikachu destroyed the ground under the behemoth. Just like in an earlier battle, Onix lost its ability to ground electricity, so took on the damage. With it all soaked by Staryu's Water Gun, the attack proved to be very effective. Brock's Onix came crashing down.

"Onix is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!" the judges said after waiting a few moments. "The winner of this battle is Duc from--" Duc interrupted before the judge finished. "Saffron City." Duc corrected.

"Wow, gotta say I'm impressed. You're the only other trainer who defeated me with an Electric Pok?mon besides Ash!" complimented Brock as he gave him the Boulder Badge. "In fact, your battle stategy was just like his as well!"

"Whoa, that was wierd..." Duc muttered to himself. "I would have never thought of those stategies at all before. Something happened right before the battle..."

Pikachu, all tuckered out, ran up to Duc. "Yeah, you did a great job out there, Pikachu!" Pikachu squealed with delight and jumped on its trainer's shoulder. "Well then, it's your turn in a few minutes, Peter!"

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter and the two Pokemon were cheering as Duc returned. "You did a great job out there... especially with that ungrounding strategy. I've never seen anything like that before!"
    Upon hearing Duc's comment, however, Peter looked a bit uncomfortable. "I dunno. I don't consider myself a trainer even... wouldn't it look strange, someone like me insisting that these Pok?mon are not my property but my friends, and yet carrying Pok?mon League badges? Besides, Capie's in no condition to do such a battle yet. Eh... I think I'll pass."
    At this comment, however, both Squirt and Capie got angry looks and began to scold him. Peter looked surprised. Finally, he said, "Well, I could always get Boy Scout jackets made for you or something, to put the badges on... if you really want to, I suppose we could participate." "Squirtle!" "Caterpie!" the two Pok?mon shouted with delight.

OOC: Battle to come soon, but not quite yet. I will post said battle within 24 hours!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Awesome battle, Duc! I can't wait to read Peter's, Eco-Mono!!

IC: "Duc, you were amazing out there!" Skye exclaimed happily, clapping him on the shoulder. "I'm so impressed with the strategy you used!"

She took no notice of Brock's stares since she was so intent on congradulating Duc.

"Pikachu, you were so great out there!!" Skye exclaimed, scratching Duc's Pikachu behind its ears. "Duc sure is lucky to have you!"

Skye turned to Peter after he had said something about not competing. Brock must have heard as well, because he came over to speak to him.

"It's fantastic that you have that kind of respect for your pokemon," he told Peter, smiling at Capie and Squirt. "But I can tell from just looking at them that they want to do this for you. Whether you call yourself a trainer or not, you still have a great connection with your pokemon, and yours seems to be exceptionally strong. They're your friends, as your human companions are, and they will do anything for you. Now, let's get out onto that arena. I want to see what these little guys can do!"

With that, he took his place at the other end of the gym.

"Go for it, Peter, and Capie, and Squirt!" Skye encouraged, somewhat impressed by Brock's pep-talk.

She sat down with a recovering Agile, ready to watch Peter and his Pokemon kick some major butt!

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • IC:Lex was agast at Duc's battle stategy. Lex walked over to Duc and congradulated him and pikachu. Eevee jumped over to pikachu and gave pikachu a great hug.

Lex,now was desprate to see Peter's battle. Because the faith in his pokemon was inmense. Lex knew this was an extrosdinary battle to come.

OOC: :pokeball: Were doing great with this rp I'm so happy!:surprised:

Years
  • OOC: Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments. I'm glad this RP's actually lasting!

IC: "Thanks guys. I really appreciate it, but right now, I can't even begin to think right now." Duc said as he held his head. "I've got a REALLY bad headache right now, so please don't talk to me." Brock looked concerned and asked if Duc need any help. "It's all right, it happens from time to time." Duc replied.

Pikachu look concerned as it saw its master. "Don't worry, Pikachu," Duc said in an aggrivated tone. "You know how it is when I battle in major ones. I get a headache that feels like a Pinsir's squeezin' my skull." Duc sat down on a bench against the wall in the stadium. As much as Duc wanted to talk to Brock, he knows it'll be no use if he can't even concentrate on any thoughts. Besides, Duc had to rest and see how Peter would battle before any idle chat could begin.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: I'm quite glad this rp is lasting too! It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out...

IC: Skye watched Duc as he went to sit down with concern, but she said nothing, knowing it would only aggrivate him and his headache further. Agile seemed concerned too, and ready to chat it up with Duc's Pikachu, but Skye advised her to chill here for the time being.

She looked over at Brock, who was busy preparing his Pokemon for Peter's challenge. She wondered if she should take him up on that "hanging out" proposal he had. He seemed like a nice enough guy. Maybe they could be penpals over Skye's journey and meet up when it was all over...

Skye shook her head, chuckling at herself and blushing slightly. What was she thinking? He probably would just want to talk about her pokemon and her strategies...not that she would mind it...just...

She was distracted by Agile hopping up and down in excitement beside her. Brock was ready to take on Peter, it seemed. Skye looked on intently for the battle to begin...

Years
  • OOC: Oh, it'll be interesting all right. I'm just getting warmed up! I bet everyone else is too! BTW, aren't you glad I nagged on posting comments on your fanfics, Skye?

IC: The headache progressively lessened in intensity as Duc sat and tried to stop thinking about how he just pulled off his victory. "Man, this headache was the longest by far..." he said to himself. Pikachu was trying its best to massage the trainer's head. "Thanks a bunch, Pikachu. You helped out a lot today, so why don't you take a rest?" Pikachu pretended not to hear and kept on comforting the cranium.

A few minutes passed by and the headache had seemed to have gone away. "Glad that's over!" Duc said happily. He then noticed Skye glancing over at the gym leader. She quickly turned away and blushed just a bit. "Huh, wonder what's gotten into her?" he muttered. Pikachu agreed, looking confused at the issue. Duc was never good at knowing what girls think, let alone interpreting their feelings & emotions.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Peter went into a brief huddle with the two Pok?mon, no doubt to discuss strategy. After a few moments, they emerged, and walked over to Brock. Peter grinend and commented, "That talk you gave me had some good points in it; we're ready if you are. All your Pok?mon fine from the last battle?" Brock nodded, and they took their places on opposite ends of the gym floor.

"Go, Geodude!"
    "Okay Capie, show him what you've got!"

The two Pok?mon appeared on the arena. Before Brock could even give his Geodude instructions, Capie went into action, firing String Shots at the Geodude. "Quick Geodude! One good Tackle should take that Caterpie down!" Geodude began a charge at Capie, who began to inch away from the onrushing enemy. "Don't worry Capie, keep shooting!" Capie was a bit too worried about the Geodude to keep from backing away, but he continued to use String Shot in his slow retreat. Geodude was getting closer and closer, when...
    it fell onto the ground, totally entangled in the string. Capie crawled up, using several Tackles to score an easy victory. "Capie! Cater capie!"

Brock frowned. "Wow, I seem to be in a losing streak today... well that just means we need to work twice as hard at breaking it! Onix, GO!" As the huge rock snake appeared, Peter knew the Caterpie had done all it could. "Okay Capie, that's enough. We'll have Squirtle deal with this battle!" Capie quickly returned to behind Peter, and Squirt rushed onto the field.

"Onix! Rock Throw attack!" Onix began his assault on Squirt almost at once, tossing a large rock in the Squirtle's direction. "He's telegraphing his punches, Squirt!" Peter reminded him, and Squirt dodged the rock. "Slam attack, Onix!" But even if Squirt wasn't the fastest Pok?mon around, he was fast enough to evade Onix's slams and rocks... but just barely, giving him no time to attack.
    One attack was dodged, then another, then another, and it looked like the battle would drag on forever. Then, one of the boulders came at Squirt, and while it looked like a near miss, it found the turtle Pok?mon dazed on the ground. "Use Bind and finish him off!" Brock said, hoping for a victory. But, as Onix reached down to grab Squirt, he stood up and fired a Water Gun straight at Onix's face! The combonation of surprise and the strong Water attack caused Onix to recoil, and Squirtle fired off several more water guns. It took a while for Onix to fall, but fall it did.

Brock walked up to Peter, disappointed but accepting. "Good job, Peter. Even if it was my fourth defeat today, you and your two Pok?mon did extremely well. You've earned your Boulder Badge." "YAHOOO!" yelled Peter, and Squirt and Capie followed suit. After the brief celebration, Peter addressed Brock. "You did well too. Don't sweat losing; after all, you were under a handicap. Thanks again for the talk... I think I can reconcile the trainer life with my ethics now."
    Then, he walked back over to his waiting friends. "I'm going to go to some of the shops in this town... chances are I can get badge vests for these two!"

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Shineyelectrode, I am afraid it may be too late to join this rp, and if we have too many members it may get confusing, however, I am willing to make one exception if the rest of the rpers on this thread think it's a good idea. Please wait for their imput.

And yes, Duc, thank you for publicizing my fanfiction so much! I should hire you as my agent!!

IC: "Peter, that was wonderful!" Skye exclaimed after the dust from the battle had cleared.

"Pi pika!" Agile exclaimed, running over to Peter's Pokemon and congradulating them.

It was then that she noticed Brock, not gazing at her, but smiling at the group of friends she had been traveling with. She smiled too, and decided in her mind to take him up on his offer.

"Hey, Brock!" Skye called across the gym, her face becoming a delicate shade of pink. "I, um...I will meet you here at the gym in about an hour okay?"

Brock turned bright red, and he looked like he would fall over. Skye masked a giggle, and hurried out the door after Peter.

Years
  • OOC: Hey, I don't mind new members! (we've only got Skye, dqle, Lex, and Eco-Mono as the active players right now, no word from Prof. Pine or the others...) And about that agent thing... I'll just keep nagging people until they read them!

IC: Peter finished his battle with aplomb. "Wow, great battle Peter!" congradulated Duc.

Skye and Peter left the door after a few remarks of the battles they've just had. "Hey guys, where are you going?" Duc then caught himself and saw a moment of glory. He finally has a chance to talk to Brock with his adventures with Ash.

When Duc turned around to find Brock, he only saw a door swinging where Brock had just left. "Hey, wait up!!!" yelled the trainer as he tried to catch up to Brock.

Pikachu stood from the benches, still confuesed with Skye's face. Then, it saw Duc running out the door. Pikachu sighed and followed its trainer.

It was still early morning. After a few minutes worth of running, Duc finally caught sight of the gym leader heading into a house. Duc knew that barging in was probably not the best thing to do, so he regained his composure and walked up to the door. He knocked the wood of the house when Pikachu suddenly appeared from between's Duc's legs. The door opened, and he saw a young kid. "Oh wow! Pikachu's back!" the kid yelled. 9 more kids rushed out and squealed with delight. They all started to pull Pikachu in various directions.

Pikachu feeling very annoyed began to charge up. "Pikachu, wait!" Duc yelled as he picked up his partner. The kids back away as Pikachu zapped Duc once again.

An older man came to the door. "Kids, how many times have I told you that Pok?mon are not stuffed animals?" he said with a gruff voice. The children apoligized and stared at Pikachu longly. Duc regained his sense of balance. "Hi there. The name's Duc. I--" At that moment, the kids laughed at the name. Duc ignored them and continued. "I was just wondering if I could interview Brock." The old man agreed and showed Duc to Brock's room.

Brock was busy polishing up his Pok?balls when Duc had entered. "Hey there, Duc. Is there anything you need?" he asked. Duc was about to ask him some questions when the phone rang. Brock picked up. "There's a message and a package waiting for me at the Pok?mon Center? Okay, I'll get there as soon as possible. Oh yeah, Duc's here too." He hung up the phone. Duc wondered as he followed the gym leader to the Pok?mon Center.

On the way there, Duc kept asking question after question about his adventures. Brock replied, although he seemed irritated after a while. Once there, Nurse Joy pointed over to a video phone. On the phone was Mrs. Ketchum. "Hi, Mrs. Ketchum! How's it been going?" Brock greeted her. Duc talked over his shoulder. "Hi there! Is he up yet?!?!" he said maniacally.

"Actually, that's why I've called." She said. "Earlier this morning, Ash just got a ride from Professor Oak to Saffron City. Ash couldn't wait to go to the Hoenn region even though I did tell him that you were waiting." Duc looked dismayed. "Oh, and Brock, since you only got chores to do at home, I could only suppose that you want to continue to become a Pok?mon Breeder. So, I sent you tickets to the Hoenn region as well!" Brock looked suprised as Nurse Joy handed him an envelope, containing a ticket. "Also, Ash might need somebody to look after him!" She added. Both talked for a while and said their goodbyes.

Duc was confused. He had never heard of the region before. Brock was happy that he got the tickets. He remembered that he also had to meet Skye back at the gym. "Uh, Duc, could you do me a favor? Could you hold on to these tickets for now?" said Brock in a rush. "Uh, sure..." Duc said, a little angry that he didn't finish his conversation. Brock started to run off back to the gym, when suddenly Skye bumped into him.

Meanwhile, Pikachu was hapilly eating ketchup from a ketchup bottle it saw on a table in the caf?teria.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back