• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Bombsey, character customization is original in the Pokemon franchise. So your post was rather...contradictive to facts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Well, ok, put Colo/XD wherever. You still got the point. Also, we've seen what they've done with the 3D RPGs.

Don't post in pink, it makes my eyes melt. X___X

Also, it's not JUST like it. They dropped a lot, like gym leaders, free roam, and catching pokes (those three pokemon areas in XD aren't really...well, pokemonish). It'd be cool if you could go into catching areas for PBR, but I guess not. Oh well. I'm now, officially out. And when you sign out from a conversation, there is one thing you must do;

Furrypaws16

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • Of course!
    In this same topic (i think is in the first page) I talked about a friend who got a Wii, right?
    Well this same friend asked me to teach him how to use it (1- I live in Brazil so we don´t speak english/ 2-my friend is also brazilian, and needed a translator to understand the manual);) To thank me he let me play how many times I wanted!:cool:
    I played about 16 times, and my arm is still aching :P
    We played Zelda, Wii Sports, and Pokemon Colosseum to test the GameCube compatibility.

Are you some kind of stalker? I have those exact games :(

I got bored playing them, though, so now I'm sitting on my computer, NOT burning any calories :D

They are light, very easy to use. But I don´t liked the fact they use two AA batteries, instead of being rechargeable...
    The Wii itself is a little heavier than it looks in pictures, but it´really beautifull.^^
    Also I liked to watch movies using my aunt´s camera SD card, in the Wii.

I heard that one third party company, whos name I can't remember, is making a rechargeable dock for the Wii, so once you're finished using it, all you have to do is just place it on the dock and it will recharge :D

Anyways, hopefully pulling on topic now. I've never played Pokemon Battle Colloseum, so I'll wait for the reviews. In the meanwhile, before you do anything else, I recommend you try it first. Maybe see if you can get an imported Japanese Wii or something, and try out the game :P Or just wait until EBGames puts up their Wiis and puts in Pokemon Battle Colloseum. That's my recommended course of action right now, because honestly, who knows what the game is like until you try it, right? For all we know, Pokemon Battle Colloseum may look to suck at first impressions, but we never tried it, so we don't know if it's good or not.

OH NOES I GOT LOGICAL SHOOT ME NOW

[/endrandomness]

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I think so!
    I was watching some battles on youtube, and I noticed something disturbing...

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!
    In other battles u can notice the same bad construction...

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*The pokeball disapears in the trainer´s hand when the Pokemon is defeated.

*There´s no storage system

*There´s no story mode (although XD and colosseum´s story line is crap)

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?

If some of the Pokemon are the same as Stadium 1 or 2 that is because Nintendo want to get the game released. It might only be the video of a beta, the game is still unfinished. Anyway, if they spent ages completley 3D Modelling/Re-Modelling Pokemon then you'd only be moaning that the game won't be out until 2009...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Guys, the game has already had its full release in Japan. So it is done. Unfortunately, what you see is pretty much what your gonna get, unless the other versions improve over this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Of course!
    In this same topic (i think is in the first page) I talked about a friend who got a Wii, right?
    Well this same friend asked me to teach him how to use it (1- I live in Brazil so we don´t speak english/ 2-my friend is also brazilian, and needed a translator to understand the manual);) To thank me he let me play how many times I wanted!:cool:
    I played about 16 times, and my arm is still aching :P
    We played Zelda, Wii Sports, and Pokemon Colosseum to test the GameCube compatibility.

They are light, very easy to use. But I don´t liked the fact they use two AA batteries, instead of being rechargeable...
    The Wii itself is a little heavier than it looks in pictures, but it´really beautifull.^^
    Also I liked to watch movies using my aunt´s camera SD card, in the Wii.

You see the console is amazing, and ít don´t need to be a PS3 to have good graphics, if you compare the specs of a Wii and a GameCube, a Wii is almost 3 times more powerfull, and GameCube´s graphics were very good to me! (except for Colosseum and XD, of course!)

Okay. Y'know, there are a lot of people out there who don't like the system because of the way it looks (a good number of them Sony fanboys, but that's beside the point), but they've never played it yet. You can attest to how fun it actually is once you start playing, right? It's kind of similar here: don't judge a game [system] by its cover, as it might turn out to be a lot more fun than it looks.

Kiyoshikane said:
    because honestly, who knows what the game is like until you try it, right? For all we know, Pokemon Battle Colloseum may look to suck at first impressions, but we never tried it, so we don't know if it's good or not.

(Side Note: ...Am I the only one here who actually ENJOYED XD...and was okay with Colosseum??)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • In other words, the Polkamon franchise can't keep up, and is trying to impress people with out-dated ideas?
    Kind of.
    Sometime ago I was complaining about the Pokemon Co. being rich and making game with stadium 1 pokemons, etc.

But now I understand that´s not a fault of Pkmn Co.
    We fans, in a urge to get a new game, make they do their work in a hurry, and with that
    they create a game in 6 months. So the final result is a game that don´t do everything that was spected. I think every single pokémon game suffer from that.

In the end we are the best and the worst part in pokemon games creation.
    (We pay them, they get rich. But with that urge to get a gme we make them lose time to develop a really good game, in fact, I belive every game we get is 50% of what they can really do)

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Guys, the game has already had its full release in Japan. So it is done. Unfortunately, what you see is pretty much what your gonna get, unless the other versions improve over this.

Oh yeah, Sorry bout that :D .

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
  • I still love all the games (even snap, but that was when I was 5 and thought that chocolate milk came from brown cows:laugh:)

Anyway I like the graphics for the Wii I mean they are better than Gamecube and make Gamecube games look better.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Mmm... Chocolate cow... Anyway I reckon they should of imported the Graphics from XD or Colluseum. Is there RPG on this or is it totally battle like the name suggests?

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
    Years
  • I've never seen any announcements from the Polkamon Company stating that "the fans want the game to be made fast".

And besides, if they spent longer on a game, wouldn't it satisfy the gamers more?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Polkamon fans lap up whatever's given to them rather than fans making the company rush it.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Yeah but people do complain when they have to wait a long time or things are delayed.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Yeah but people do complain when they have to wait a long time or things are delayed.
    Exactaly!
    And they know we don´t want to wait ,and release games fast, and with that they can´t
    do what´s really necessary.
    Is there RPG on this or is it totally battle like the name suggests?
    No, it´s a giant " not-completely-remodeled" Stadium.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    In other words, the Polkamon franchise can't keep up, and is trying to impress people with out-dated ideas?

To be honest, Pokemon is an out dated idea, yet you still seem to happily be on the forums about Pokemon. Nothing Game Freak does will make Pokemon original, they tried that with the horrible shadow and XD Pokemon

Stick to what they know and they can;t go wrong.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Actually I think they should improve what they have, but not as slow as they are doing now.
    They should call fans to help them. They sure aren´t doing it.

Shadow and XD ideas weren´t good because they were supposed to be stronger or at least cooler than the original ones, but that´s not the case.

They tried it with digimon and they got good results. First because they abandon the childish part of it making it looks cooler, and tried again with a new "older" character
    (14 yo instead of a 10 yo boy) in Digimon Savers, also they got new drawers and the anime looks more realistic. Also Diamond & Pearl aren´t alone in DS with a wi-fi RPG
    monsters game.There is a "Digimon World DS" now, and it´s wi-fi too.

I don´t think that would fit with Pokemon, but Game Freak should learn 1 or 2 things with them.

You see I´m a open minded person, so I can like something else besides Pokemon, so Digimon do what Pokemom don´t do for me, so please don´t start that:
    "OH! YOU LIKE DIGIMON TOO!?
    BUT THAT´S THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD, AND YOU ARE STUPID TO LIKE THEM"
    thing.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Since Digimon 2003 on the PS1 there hasn;t being a half decent Digimon game. Digimon is also a completely different concept to pokemon, so really, that's a pointless comparison

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • I really think it wasn´t.
    Pokemon fans that were there when red,blue/gold,silver first came out, are older now
    And those fans (me for example) really hate the childsh part of Pokémon.
    Just to compare: When pokemon started on TV here, I was 9 years old and Ash Ketchum was 10, now I´m 16 and Ash is still 11!
    You see, a more mature character should take Ash´s place, it´s ridiculous to stay like that!

Also new drawers for the anime would be awesome! Like they did on Knights of the Zodiac
    and Digimon Savers for example. The quality in Pokemon animes nowadays is good but could be awesome!

Don´t get me wrong, I´m NOT comparing Digimon and Pokemon, I´m just saying it would be great if they intorduced to pokemon some digimon features.
    EX: A full 3D evolution (instead of that sucky flash light), a mature main character in anime, new drawers for the anime, etc.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
  • I really think it wasn´t.
    Pokemon fans that were there when red,blue/gold,silver first came out, are older now
    And those fans (me for example) really hate the childsh part of Pokémon.
    Just to compare: When pokemon started on TV here, I was 9 years old and Ash Ketchum was 10, now I´m 16 and Ash is still 11!
    You see, a more mature character should take Ash´s place, it´s ridiculous to stay like that!

Also new drawers for the anime would be awesome! Like they did on Knights of the Zodiac
    and Digimon Savers for example. The quality in Pokemon animes nowadays is good but could be awesome!

Don´t get me wrong, I´m NOT comparing Digimon and Pokemon, I´m just saying it would be great if they intorduced to pokemon some digimon features.
    EX: A full 3D evolution (instead of that sucky flash light), a mature main character in anime, new drawers for the anime, etc.

True I was a fan when I was 6, that was when Red and Blue came out and I loved it, but it the thing with Ash you can't really blame them the Anime was made for kids , but then you have the poke fans who still like the show so they keep watching it because you saw it as a child and want to know what happens later on in the story. New drawers would be ok to make it look better. True about the fUll 3D evolutions would be awsome but if you think about the whole digimon thing it would have to be in 3D because if it was like Pokemon it would not remind you of the show. Then again all the Pokemon games were on the GBA/GBC which cannot put out grophics like the digimon games.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • Oh wow, Digimon? I don't even remember that thing anymore...

Anyways, taking out the child part in Pokemon would result in massive failure. Pokemon was pretty much made for children, and taking it out would effectively destroy the fanbase they have right now. It would also look like those horrible drawings that were made of those Super Mario Bros. if they were for older guys.

Think about it: Ash with guns? NO.

Anyways, this has well gone over Pokemon Battle Revolution, and into the core of Pokemon, so I'll prob. stay out of this one, and just watch as the ensuing flame war goes on and on.... :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back