• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Wow, I've been trying this for the first time for about 15 hours (game time).
    I'm still in the Battle Tower. You guys weren't kidding around, this is hard.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can't switch in the Battle Arena though, thats what were talking about Shanecdavis

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

That definitely isn't the impression that I got. You made mention to Greta, but Black_Wind then talked about the BF in general, and that is when you made your comment. If you were still only referring to the BA, I apologize for not being able to interpret that. :S

October 15th, 2006 06:48 AM
    shanecdavis That is what switching out is for.

October 14th, 2006 03:53 PM
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ I guess, but there has always been one thing that I didn't like about Heracross and its not its fault. The fact that it has a 4x weakness to flying

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

October 14th, 2006 03:52 AM
    Black_Wind not just that but he's just pretty good all round for the frontier.

October 12th, 2006 06:27 PM
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ Yea that Megahorn would be pretty good for going against Greta's Umbreon

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

October 7th, 2006 05:36 AM
    Black_Wind I Find Heracross is very good in BF,
    I use a move set of:
    Brick Break
    Megahorn
    Bulk up
    Facade

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Are the Lati's@Soul Dew allowed in the BF? My shiny Latios holding Soul Dew is allowed to be entered at the Battle Tower in the Wireless Multi Battle Station(the one on the far right). I noticed it while I was cloning my shiny Latios.

Also, is Latios@Soul Dew with CM/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Dragon Claw adequate for the BF? I want to put Recover over Ice Beam, but if I do, I have Steelix problems. I could use Boltbeam+ CM/Recover, but I'm not sure...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You answered your own question about Latias.

If you have problems with Steelix, you switch out to something else that doesn't. Personally, I would put Recover in place of CM. Against the AI, the Soul Dew boost is typically sufficient. CM/IB/TB/Recover works fine though. Personally, I don't use Legis in the BF though, so I cannot say for sure.

Zeroxy16

Just a guy...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2007
    lol guys i kill any1 in battle frontier with my salamance:-flamethrower
    -rockslide
    -dragon dance
    -dragon claw

Spriter

The Sprite Guy!
    Years
    Me?

I absolutly hate-HATE!-the battle frontier. It makes no sense to me at all. (this might be because I lost my Emerald version, like, a month after I got it???) ^-^ Ha HA!

Last edited:

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I like the Battle Factory. It opens up endless possibilites post elite four. You can go and create new teams after your sick of some and keep trying new and different things. Plus the trainers here can be really challenging which makes it all the more fun.

I havn't really focused too much yet on it because I'm trying to get some new pokemon before I try it out, but I have gotten the Silver Knowledge Symbol using: Marowak, Milotic, and Espeon. He had a Medicham, Nidoqueen, and Arcanine.

So what should I focus on next? I was working on the Battle Dome but I'm still drying to develop a good team.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Battle frontier is for people who want to beat the game 100%. I would advise to train all your pokemon to lvl 50. Then do the battle tower. Then do all the rest of the stuff. Then train them to lvl 100.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I just went through my first try with my new CBMence, and I learned something that I never encounted before (obviously):

CBMence DOES NOT WORK in the Battle Palace.

Back