• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Grosssssssssss clans. But that forum is off my radar now so do what you want. As long as they don't become spam pits again.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Just saying I agree with reviving clans to help activity, but if they become noob hideouts again just remove them again if that's possible. They could probably work before B/W is released since it doesn't require Wi-Fi as far as I know. Also, you might want to restrict the clan amount to ~4-5 (2 Shoddy and 2 Wi-Fi clans or something similar) until there's enough activity, then remove the restriction. Everyone might want to start their own clans and then there will be like 8 clans but with 2 members in each one...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hey look the Battle Stadium is showing signs of life :o

How would everyone feel about bringing clans back? It's been a couple of years but I think it may be time to try them again, with more strict rules obviously. If leagues can show success then clans may work too.

Personally this would be a great idea for activity in the Battle Stadium, but there aren't enough active/good players around for them to be sucessful.

That's just my opinion though.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally this would be a great idea for activity in the Battle Stadium, but there aren't enough active/good players around for them to be sucessful.

That's just my opinion though.
    There's 11 active PO members (unless I forgot anyone): Opposite Day, Syndrome, DA, blaQk, .Aero, cartercr, Radiation (well, he's only active on PO), Aura (once winter break has come), Thoughts, Skip Shot, and scizor007. Of course, not all might choose the participate in clans, but that should be enough for two small clans until we have new members / old members come back (if that ever happens).

As for Wi-Fi...I'm not sure. Though, if weekly tours are successful, then clans might be as well.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hmm maybe the PO/Shoddy (If you guys use Shoddy anymore) would be succesful given the number of people provided. Hell I'd be inclined to join but sadly my source of internet is a Wii. >_>

But the wifi clans would struggle due to the lack of people who actually play wifi. I'd say hold off on reviving clans until the American release of B/W, IMO I think activity will be at it's greatist at that point.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hell I'd be inclined to join but sadly my source of internet is a Wii. >_>
    Boooo. :(

But the wifi clans would struggle due to the lack of people who actually play wifi. I'd say hold off on reviving clans until the American release of B/W, IMO I think activity will be at it's greatist at that point.
    Well, it would keep Battle Stadium active until BW release (since tours seem to be getting somewhat boring I assume), since it doesn't require Wi-Fi for prizes and such. For Wi-Fi clans, I believe we could give it a try if the weekly tours are successful.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I'm posting here because I love you all and because I'm bringing sexy back into gen V.
    Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

also I love clans. make them return : D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Wow i wasn't expecting that and you made Mtn Dew come out of my nose, it burns. :(

Well the league thingy for wifi seems really active, and the tours that you mentioned seem decently active so maybe clans won't fail as much as I thought.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I'm not as familiar with the Battle Stadium as I once was, but how many active Wifi-ers do we actually have here? I'm sure a PO clan seems like a good idea, but if we can't get a single other clan, there's quite honestly no point. :/ We battle each other anyway when we see each other on the server. ;D So I mean, what's the point?

If we do clans, we need 2 Wifi and 2 PO clans before making them.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I'm not as familiar with the Battle Stadium as I once was, but how many active Wifi-ers do we actually have here? I'm sure a PO clan seems like a good idea, but if we can't get a single other clan, there's quite honestly no point. :/ We battle each other anyway when we see each other on the server. ;D So I mean, what's the point?

If we do clans, we need 2 Wifi and 2 PO clans before making them.

PO Clan? I think it's a pretty solid idea.
    I'll be in it if there's NU. For some odd reason I love NU.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Maybe we can have something like a clan discussion thread to keep things organized. The first post can list all the clans and their members, results of clan wars, keep track of stats, etc. Better that than a bunch of disorganized threads in the main section. I guess people could make social groups if they wanted to.

But I agree with Aero, we'd need some confirmed interest before bringing them back. That's why I'm content on waiting to see if the wifi leagues stay active.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Active wifi battlers? Meh...you could probably count a quarter of the people in in Pkm's league, maybe a quarter of the people who battle over Shoddy/PO, and then there's a couple who lurks in trades who doesn't battle all that often because the leagues aren't interesting to them.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Maybe we can have something like a clan discussion thread to keep things organized. The first post can list all the clans and their members, results of clan wars, keep track of stats, etc. Better that than a bunch of disorganized threads in the main section. I guess people could make social groups if they wanted to.

But I agree with Aero, we'd need some confirmed interest before bringing them back. That's why I'm content on waiting to see if the wifi leagues stay active.

i think i'm more into organizing the leagues than competing in them for some reason :\
    i'm thinking of re-opening a new league, the only reason i closed my rainbow creek was because i lost the trainer cards. do people think i should try open another one up? my schedule's cleared now i'm in holidays :)

and now i can easily make league cards too :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I'd say start off with the PO clans, since as you stated before you guys are always active.

And then perhaps asking everyone who plays on wifi if they would be interested in clans.

It may sound like alot of work but I doubt hardly anyone even looks at this thread.

Just my opinion

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I'd say start off with the PO clans, since as you stated before you guys are always active.

And then perhaps asking everyone who plays on wifi if they would be interested in clans.

It may sound like alot of work but I doubt hardly anyone even looks at this thread.

Just my opinion

i silently stalk it... just saying..

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I had never once looked in this thread until early this morning.

And I'm fairly active, also Impo as to your question.

You say you have free time due to the holidays, but what happens after them.

You get busy and then the same thing happens to the last one.

Besides there's already an active league already.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I had never once looked in this thread until early this morning.

And I'm fairly active, also Impo as to your question.

You say you have free time due to the holidays, but what happens after them.

You get busy and then the same thing happens to the last one.

Besides there's already an active league already.

Yeah, considering imma be a year 10.
    Thanks for the advice :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    No prob, if you want to make trainer cards though, you could probably help with PKM's league.

Back