• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Battle System / New Attacks Discussion thread!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I tried searching and didn't find anything, sorry if this is a duplicate.

Okay so this thread is here to discuss the new battle system (Like Triple Battles, the miricle shooter, Appearence etc...) and New Attacks~

So what moves do you like so far, are there any kind of moves your hoping for?
    Do you like how the battle scenes look?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    I was wondering if the move "Trickery" is either 'physical' or 'special'. I hope it's 'special' because I assume it'll be a Dark-type move as only Zorua and Zoroark are the only pokemon confirmed to learn it and Dark-types need more 'special' moves, otherwise it'd be pretty much the same as the move "Punishment".

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I'm wondering if Grass-Mixer, Shell blade and Nitro-charge will be able to be combined to combo attacks? (much like the oath attacks)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was wondering if the move "Trickery" is either 'physical' or 'special'. I hope it's 'special' because I assume it'll be a Dark-type move as only Zorua and Zoroark are the only pokemon confirmed to learn it and Dark-types need more 'special' moves, otherwise it'd be pretty much the same as the move "Punishment".

What does Trickery do? By its name it sounds like a Non-Damaging attack meaning its not Special or Physical, but its Other.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The Acrobat move for the three monkeys is a neat idea but its kinda useless in competitive play. Hardly anyone did double battles and I doubt anyone would care for triple when it comes to competitive play. It would be a great move for casual battles with buddies though.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • What does Trickery do? By its name it sounds like a Non-Damaging attack meaning its not Special or Physical, but its Other.

Trickery is more or less Beat Up using the opponent's stats. (We still have no clue what this even means.)

I think the aesthetic and miscellaneous changes to the battle screen are pretty nice. Weather indicator on the touch screen so we don't get "Rain continues to fall." every turn, the camera, animated sprites, the time being shown in battle. Gotta love the little things, you know?

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • Does anyone know if Grass oath, Water oath, and fire oath can be used in double battles as well as triple battles? Or if Double battles are evn making a comeback, because I haven't seen any double battle screenshots yet.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • yea i hope they just dont forget double battles
    and if they do use double battles, they will include that because i also thought that two oaths also make a combination...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Does anyone know if Grass oath, Water oath, and fire oath can be used in double battles as well as triple battles? Or if Double battles are evn making a comeback, because I haven't seen any double battle screenshots yet.
    Yeah they can be used in doubles :)
    That's odd because you I have seen some with Double battles...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We seem to have...

New attacks
    Triple battles
    Miracle shooter
    Combination moves
    Abilities
    Sprites

Leaving your thread with little to discuss.
    Battle System / New Attacks Discussion thread!~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back