• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think it's freakin' amazing. :D I've wanted 3 on 3 battles since.... D/P, I think? idk... but this game is going to be amazing. I can't wait to hear more about it!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i tihnk its beyond FONTASTIC!!!!!

i already know im gonna make a triple battle team :D

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I think back to the old saying of "Two's Company, Three's a Crowd". I personally think that it's a horrible idea. So long as there isn't a bunch of 3 on 3 battles, I'll be OK with it. But I really don't think it's a good idea.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    sigh.....
    two many pokemon....
    although, my aggron, tyranitar, exploud trio will destroy all, it's just not the same.

austin00081

young money
    Years
    They should have left it with 2 on 2. 3 on 3 is like, half of your team, where's the fun in that?

It's a bad feature, that i'm gonna try to avoid in the game, but im sure there will be mandatory 3 on 3 battles.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I think back to the old saying of "Two's Company, Three's a Crowd". I personally think that it's a horrible idea. So long as there isn't a bunch of 3 on 3 battles, I'll be OK with it. But I really don't think it's a good idea.
    aggreed i think its horrible idea

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    A mixed reaction.

Upon hearing about it:

"OMFG!!!! Triple battles?!!! That's insane!!!............................................................................................oh wait, won't that mean a more crowded screen and less exp per pokemon? Neva mind! D: "

I can't wait to see it in action :D.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Update: I'd like to apologize, I locked this thinking it'd be fine in the general update thread, but let's be honest, this alone can offer so much to talk about. I'm not perfect, so I'm gonna reverse this call and leave this open, it's a big deal. Have fun.

*unlocks*

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    This would make competitive battling a mess but it should be fun in game.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Some of you people need to play more RPGs. There are games where you have to control 4 characters at once, and you have more then 4 moves to choose from! And that was for the majority of the game, too!

Of course, with the size of Pokémon sprites, I could see where 2 Wailords and Kyogre could crowd the screen...

Another issue would be move reduction. Earthquake looses 25% power in double battles, and if it loses even more power in a triple battle, well, one of the best moves ever just turned worse then Dig.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    i like the idea of having blastoise, charizard, and venisaur out at the same time

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
    It will be alright. But i dont want it to be a major part in the story. Perhaps a battle fronteir thing or something

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    im very mixed on this one, mainly because i dont have a dsi xl, and 3v3 could be a pain in the butt that way, and also having to know just about everything about anything on pokemon will also be annoying, like abilities and what happens when there are more then one and if it will attack your pokemon and who is fastest and etc and so forth and so on, i think it would be fun though becuase i probably could end up leveling my whole party at once alot faster.

i think i will fail because im to used to red and blue, i dont know what these posion types are and steel and dark, as well as ground and rock and dragon, including bug i get confused because its hard to remember what is x2 and x4 and things get worse with STAB and trying to figure out what will be most effective, all in all i fail at pokemon now a days but i still play it because i like how it takes up my free time.

Back