• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    All the best to your family, Kura! =(

Guys, is anyone as bored as I am? I hate not celebrating ugh. I guess I should get around to grading these essays fml

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Boxing day is the equivalent to Black Friday in the U.S., right?

It seems to be. :o Both are heavily shopping-based after all.

Also - a late Happy Holidays to everyone.~ Now I'm starting to get excited for New Years.. I can't believe how fast a year went by.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Like actually. I remember the year starting off with college applications. Now I'm in college, awaiting the new year. D:

Years
    I applied to my college in October 2012 and got accepted in November. I also applied to a private college earlier and got accepted as well, but I chose my current college because of the lower tuition and it's more local.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    New Year's Eve is alright, not really a big deal to me xD I work it every year but it's usually just a half day and we start around noon so I can party the night before if I so desire.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Like I said, new years eve is the big night I save up for. Overpriced drinks, plus waitress bonus per drink means heavy money needs to be put down if you want to get well and truly drunk. Money I don't actually have to spend, but still am spending. Screw it, I need to unwind.

Years
    New Year's Eve I try to stay up for, even though there isn't much fireworks around where I live. I always watch the New Year's Rockin' Eve special when that comes on, and count down with my parents into New Year's Day.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I was hoping to go to the Time Square balldrop with my girlfriend and maybe a few other friends. Doesn't seem likely, though =/

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't care much about new years eve. I probably will spend it playing my new copy of Pokemon Y, drinking tea, and hiding indoors. The usual. ;D

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I don't care much about new years eve. I probably will spend it playing my new copy of Pokemon Y, drinking tea, and hiding indoors. The usual. ;D
    I don't wanna sound mean, but isn't staying home on new years eve boring? I mean, if your not over 18 I can see why, and even after 18, but I dunno. After doing it 3 years in a row, I can't go back to staying home. Best nights of my life.I may have a drinking problem that may/may not correlate to this

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't wanna sound mean, but isn't staying home on new years eve boring? I mean, if your not over 18 I can see why, and even after 18, but I dunno. After doing it 3 years in a row, I can't go back to staying home. Best nights of my life.I may have a drinking problem that may/may not correlate to this
    Staying home on New Years Eve is the worst. For the past three years, I've been home for it. Because of being sick, or plans falling through. It suuuuucked.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Staying home on New Years Eve is the worst. For the past three years, I've been home for it. Because of being sick, or plans falling through. It suuuuucked.
    I'm sorry, nothing is going through my mind right now except for your signature. I dunno whether to laugh or dial for help.

Years
    I would love to spend New Year's Eve away from home that's for sure.. even if it meant being with my family on vacation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Good to know. To me, it just doesn't feel right if you don't gift others during Christmas. It ruins the spirit. xD" It's understandable if you're poor and don't have money, but if you do, then that's just... y'know.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That's good to know. To me, it just doesn't feel right if you don't gift others during Christmas. It ruins the spirit. xD" It's understandable if you're poor and don't have money, but if you do, then that's just... y'know.
    This was my first year buying presents for people in a long, long time. It was the first year I bought it with my own money, though, and it completely revitalized the spirit of the holidays to me. Since 2009 until this year, Christmas was just another day to me.

Years
    What is it? And why she'd buy it? Out of guilt? lol

It was a $200 coat, it feels pretty nice and warm. I don't know what her "intention" was, but regardless my mood's been lifted a bit. Delaying of Pokemon Bank release this morning was really another damper, though.

I'll probably give out some gift cards to my mom and only a couple of my friends; my budget is starting to run low so I can't really plan on "mass" gifting.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Congrats on the coat, its something I've been wanting too. Not a coat per se, a leather jacket really. I got into this work program over the summer, but the government hasn't payed me yet, so I can't get it. Once I do though, that thing is so bought...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back