• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I watch Adventure Time when I can, I've never been a steady watcher. The only things I avidly watch are Agents of SHIELD and Hulk and agents of SMASH. I will DVR those just in case

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Everything I've seen of Adventure Time looks absolutely stupid...I've never watched the show beyond a few minutes flipping through channels, but what I've seen doesn't look like anything that would interest me in the slightest. And the commercials are really irritating.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure, and I'm pretty sure that this applies to TV shows and the like, too.

Years
    Everything I've seen of Adventure Time looks absolutely stupid...I've never watched the show beyond a few minutes flipping through channels, but what I've seen doesn't look like anything that would interest me in the slightest. And the commercials are really irritating.

Cartoons were so much better back in our hey-day. ;(

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Yeah Adventure Time isn't every's cup of tea it seems. I think it's excellent and one of the few modern cartoons that I find enjoyable. Yeah there's a lot of strange and stupid things but that stuff really started to grow on me after watching it so many times. It's had some really deep and more adult oriented stuff in it too than most cartoons.

Cartoons were so much better back in our hey-day. ;(

I since a bit of nostalgia in there. Not all modern cartoons are awful imo. Adventure Time is an example.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I think some modern cartoons can become better as well, even though I don't watch much of Adventure Time because my local TV stations often broadcasts another cartoon, and I'm not sure if I can watch it either.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    As someone who lives in an European country where Adventure Time is not being sent on all them cartoon channels... what is it

Years
    There are some modern cartoons that are fantastic. Just think about Avatar and Korra. Also, I'm a huge fan of Gravity Falls, mainly because it's jokes are far too adult to be a kid's show.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Avatar, Adventure Time and MLP:FIM are among the best cartoons I've ever seen. Everything isn't bad these days, it's just that there are so much to choose from these days to the gems need to really shine to shine through :3

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    The only cartoon I recall having watched in my childhood was SpongeBob Squarepants, and no, it didn't mentally damage me in any way

*manic laughter*

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It's not even that I think Adventure Time is stupid (well I do, but that's neither here not there). It's more that I don't understand it. I watched two full episodes once and I had not the slightest clue what was going on that entire time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's not for everyone, is probably what can be said :)

just like Homestuck

Years
    Many years ago I hated Adventure Time, but then I took the time to sit down and watch an episode of it last year, and instantly got interested into it. Since then I have been watching new episodes as they come out.

Also, there are some episodes with quite the adult humor, so at some points, it's not really a children's show :p

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Personally, I really enjoy Avatar and Korra... Never watched Adventure Time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back