• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I've never tried to watch adventure time, but I do recall seeing ads for it back when I watched Pokemon still, and they got on my nerves. I just don't "get" why people like some cartoons, to be honest. Same with mlp...what exactly is the appeal? I thought I had escaped that fanbase when I was banned from a different forum, only to discover that it's everywhere.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I've never tried to watch adventure time, but I do recall seeing ads for it back when I watched Pokemon still, and they got on my nerves. I just don't "get" why people like some cartoons, to be honest. Same with mlp...what exactly is the appeal? I thought I had escaped that fanbase when I was banned from a different forum, only to discover that it's everywhere.
    I'm kinda not surprised given the nature of this forum (i.e. Pokémon - and a lot of people here like to watch the Pokémon anime) but I'd not say I understand it either, haha. Cartoons don't really do it for me any more and especially not stuff like MLP which yeah... I don't get the fanbase for. I guess it's cute but a fanbase of that size is something else. @_@

Years
  • Yeah Adventure Time isn't every's cup of tea it seems. I think it's excellent and one of the few modern cartoons that I find enjoyable. Yeah there's a lot of strange and stupid things but that stuff really started to grow on me after watching it so many times. It's had some really deep and more adult oriented stuff in it too than most cartoons.

I since a bit of nostalgia in there. Not all modern cartoons are awful imo. Adventure Time is an example.

I have seen plenty of newer cartoons due to me having younger siblings and relatives, and even they agree with me. ;(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah; compared to old cartoons, some newer cartoons do look pretty bad. xD" My favorite old-time cartoon would probably have to be Dexter's Lab. Used to watch it whenever I got the chance. Alongside that, I also liked Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I do enjoy some newer cartoons like MLP and Adventure Time, but it honestly doesn't compare to the awesomeness 90's cartoons had when I was younger. THAT was good stuff.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I have seen plenty of newer cartoons due to me having younger siblings and relatives, and even they agree with me. ;(

Oh so it's not nostalgia then. Well I'm gonna contradict myself , but I do love a lot of 90s cartoons more than today's cartoon. Adventure Time , MLP and Regular Show are exceptions though. I'm more into Adventure Time than most shows from our childhood (this excludes Pokemon). Too each of their own though.

The new MLP is popular cause of the storyline is much better than the last 3 series, the animation is excellent, and there's just enough familiar producers/voice actors (Tara Strong and Lauren Faust to name a few both were voices/produced shows many bronies watched as kids like Powerpuff Girls and Fairly Odd Parents. to make it likable.Or that's how I see it.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    aren't the "newer stuff is not as good as the old" applied to everywhere else? Examples: Disney, WWE, NASCAR, etc? I find this to be a regular thing to be honest.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I still remember the times of Ed, Edd N Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc... Although I was quite young when I watched them, they were soooo great <3

Even though nothing will ever beat Tom and Jerry <3

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The only Nickelodeon shows I've ever watched are Victorious & Sam & Cat. Of course, I watched Victorious for the simple fact that Victoria Justice is definitely one of my top three hotties. Sam & Cat is because I actually am a fan of Ariana Grande. She's so freakin' adorable. I love her.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    One of my favorite cartoons is Scooby Doo. I love the classic and all of the remakes, haha. My son likes to watch the newest version :3 It's good <3

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The only Nickelodeon shows I've ever watched are Victorious & Sam & Cat. Of course, I watched Victorious for the simple fact that Victoria Justice is definitely one of my top three hotties. Sam & Cat is because I actually am a fan of Ariana Grande. She's so freakin' adorable. I love her.

Sam& Cat has Sam from iCarly right? I used to love that show. Oh and Drake & Josh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back